• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Should Muslims be permitted to immigrate to the United States

Should Muslims be permitted to immigrate to the United States?

• Yes

Votes: 42 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
disneydude said:
oh....and while we're at it, lets put people of Japanese descent back in concentration camps because we should have never let them out in the first place.

Are you kidding? The fact that you even post a question like this on this board amazes me. Have we learned nothing as a nation in the last 60 years.

This is the most blantant racism that I have seen in a long time. If you really think that the question you pose is a legitimate question, then you have no right enjoying the freedoms that we have in this country.

What's racist about keeping out a religion of hate? Muslims come in all races. Or didn't you know that and simply wanted to play the "race card" so you wouldn't have to debate the facts.

Do you disagree with Churchill in my post above? He could see clearly. Far too many believe that Islam is like any other religion. See if you agree with this statement.

===================================

“Islam isn't in America to be equal to any other faith but to become dominant. The Koran, the Muslim book of scripture, should be the highest authority in America, and Islam the only accepted religion on Earth.”

This was the sentiment of Omar M. Ahmad, the Chairman of the Board of the Council on American-Islamic Relations or CAIR, as told at an Islamic conference held in Freemont, California, in July of 1998.

Or this?

I'd like for the politically correct crowd to defend these practicies.
=================================

Iran to hang teenage girl attacked by rapists
Sat. 07 Jan 2006

Iran Focus

Tehran, Iran, Jan. 07 – An Iranian court has sentenced a teenage rape victim to death by hanging after she weepingly confessed that she had unintentionally killed a man who had tried to rape both her and her niece.

The state-run daily Etemaad reported on Saturday that 18-year-old Nazanin confessed to stabbing one of three men who had attacked the pair along with their boyfriends while they were spending some time in a park west of the Iranian capital in March 2005.

Nazanin, who was 17 years old at the time of the incident, said that after the three men started to throw stones at them, the two girls’ boyfriends quickly escaped on their motorbikes leaving the pair helpless.

She described how the three men pushed her and her 16-year-old niece Somayeh onto the ground and tried to rape them, and said that she took out a knife from her pocket and stabbed one of the men in the hand.

As the girls tried to escape, the men once again attacked them, and at this point, Nazanin said, she stabbed one of the men in the chest. The teenage girl, however, broke down in tears in court as she explained that she had no intention of killing the man but was merely defending herself and her younger niece from rape, the report said.

The court, however, issued on Tuesday a sentence for Nazanin to be hanged to death.

Last week, a court in the city of Rasht, northern Iran, sentenced Delara Darabi to death by hanging charged with murder when she was 17 years old. Darabi has denied the charges.

In August 2004, Iran’s Islamic penal system sentenced a 16-year-old girl, Atefeh Rajabi, to death after a sham trial, in which she was accused of committing “acts incompatible with chastity”.

The teenage victim had no access to a lawyer at any stage and efforts by her family to retain one were to no avail. Atefeh personally defended herself and told the religious judge that he should punish those who force women into adultery, not the victims. She was eventually hanged in public in the northern town of Neka.

http://www.iranfocus.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5184

Bob_the_Fish said:
Well, I'm pleased you have rules. And since you're apparently in-charge I suppose you get to say who the winner and losers are (?).

However, calling McCarthiesque behavior what it is, does not make it less true because you don't like it or because you want to reduce the arguement to platitudes. Ignoring facts doesn't change them, it simply make encourages more ignorance.

Since you were around in the 50's you'll recall that dozens of innocent people were accused of being communists. And if you're truthful you'll have to admit that a sort of hysteria did grip the country, and many stupid things were done in the name of patriotism.

Yes, today some of the terrorists are Muslim. But that doesn't negate history. What about Badder Minhoff? What about the Red Brigade? What about the Shining Path? What about the bombing in Oklahoma? What about the Interhamwa? The Lord's Resistence Army? None of these are muslim groups, but they are all terrorists. In 1948 the British called the Stern Gang terrorists, and they were the founding fathers of Israel. So at the very least recognise that language like "terrorism" is relative, and living in a world of absolutes may make things easier to understand, but that doesn't make it any more "true".

As regards your predictions of the future... well Mate I live in Manhattan and I was here on Sept. 11th, and frankly I've seen worse genocide when I live in Rwanda, or when I lived in Somalia. The Canadians lost more men at Dieppe, the Rwandese lost more during the 1994 massacre. 9/11 was a picnic when you compare it to real terror. Get out of your little sheltered world a bit. Visit a muslim country and live with people of a different culture for a while. Then come back and tell me how "true" your beliefs are.

I'm not here to defend McCarthy. You don't even understand what McCarthyism is. McCarthyism was a method of tarnishing political enemies for political gain by claiming without proof that certain people were communists. "Tailgunner Joe" would regularly pull out a list of "100 names" of Communists in high government offices who were "communists." It was all bulloney. He was a drunkard and a coward and I recall correctly died in 1957. McCarthyism claims are regularly used by the politically correct crowd to stifle debate.

None of the terrorist gangs you mentioned ever posed a war of civilizations. They were terrorists, it is true, but they would never have gotten hold of the bomb as Iran is intent on doing. You'll feel differently when NYC is reduced to a nuclear cinder.

BTW, I have been to Muslim lands. I was in Libya in 1963. That was all I needed to see for a lifetime. There is nothing in the Muslim world of value to me or any other westerner. We are there for our energy needs. If not for that the ME would be a backwater stagnent pool of ignorant people living in the 7th century. There is nothing of value there except for the oil. They'll be chopping heads off long after we are a distant memory. After all, they are commanded by this phoney prophet to do just that. It is a sacred part of this "religion." The more heads one chops off the more virgins one gets when they are "martyred."

All I've asked is that they continue to stay where they are at. (I don't open up my home to ax murderers either.) Don't come over here and fly airbombs into our office buildings and expect us to open up our arms in a hearty welcome. We ought to immediately ban any further Muslim immigration and hopefully the rest the Muslims will take the hint and hightail it back to their bastions of Islamic life that they seem so highly valued. At least we don't saw their heads off. They want us out of the ME. I think we ought to get out. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. It's clearly a "win-win" situation.

Amazing how many people have used this for scare mongering and hate mongering xenophobic racism against Muslims. Yes, this is exactly the same as we have seen all the other times that xenophobic hate mongering bigotry has raised its ugly head.

And here we go again. Disgusting. :thumbdown :fueltofir :beam:

Last edited:
Missouri Mule said:
What's racist about keeping out a religion of hate?
And that claim of yours is quite thoroughly established as an outright lie by now.

steen said:
Amazing how many people have used this for scare mongering and hate mongering xenophobic racism against Muslims. Yes, this is exactly the same as we have seen all the other times that xenophobic hate mongering bigotry has raised its ugly head.

What's the "scare mongering" that has you all upset? All you need to do is to point out the lies and deception your post suggests. Again, this phoney charge of "racism" has no basis in fact. Islam includes all races. "Racism" is just a cheap debating tactic to divert the argument. Just like the typical "McCarthyism" charge that almost never has any substance.

Stick to the facts. It'll serve you better.

BTW, there is a gathering point of view that we need not place ourselves in a circular firing squad to satisify the "politically correct" set that believes that all societies are just. It just ain't so. Would you argue that Nazi Germany was the same as any other society? I rather doubt it. We have to face the world as it is; not as we would like it to be. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

BTW, just tonight I read that the former president of Iran (Khatami) said himself that Islam was going to have to change and move into modernity and out of the 13th Century. If he can see this, why can't we Westerner's admit the truth?

steen said:
And that claim of yours is quite thoroughly established as an outright lie by now.

Besides your post being devoid of any substance, you must surely concede that the 9/11 airbomb plotters hated the United States. In fact the mastermind of 9/11 (Khalid Mohammad) himself was educated and received a master's degree here in the U.S. and yet he wanted to destroy that which served him so well. If that isn't "hate" then I am bin Laden's uncle.

steen said:

What's really disgusting is that we Americans can't even have an honest discussion of how to handle this problem, because so many people fear being called a hatemongering xenophobic racist by people like you, if they dare express their views. Contrary to what you may believe, your anti-intellectual claims of "z0MG you racist!!!11" do not win you the debate.

I am of the opinion that the majority of the world's Muslims support terrorist actions, especially against Western nations and against Israel. Is that racist or xenophobic? I don't particularly care; I'm more concerned about whether or not it's true.

If you want to sway my view (and the views of many other Americans who feel the way I do), you'll probably have better luck trying to convince me that my opinion is INCORRECT...not that my opinion is racist.

Last edited:
Kandahar said:
What's really disgusting is that we Americans can't even have an honest discussion of how to handle this problem, because so many people fear being called a hatemongering xenophobic racist by people like you, if they dare express their views. Contrary to what you may believe, your anti-intellectual claims of "z0MG you racist!!!11" do not win you the debate.

I am of the opinion that the majority of the world's Muslims support terrorist actions, especially against Western nations and against Israel. Is that racist or xenophobic? I don't particularly care; I'm more concerned about whether or not it's true.

If you want to sway my view (and the views of many other Americans who feel the way I do), you'll probably have better luck trying to convince me that my opinion is INCORRECT...not that my opinion is racist.

The problem here is that so many Muslims believe that they have a faith that is what is known as "revealed truth." How else can anyone explain committing suicide to achieve paradise with "72 virgins?" It boggles the mind. Until and unless Muslim scholars come forth and denounce this garbage the Muslim world will continue to live in darkness and ignorance. At this point in time Islam is unreformable. It brooks no criticism and declares openly that "infidels" have no value such as the murderer of Theo Van Gogh stated in open court to his mother. He didn't have the slightest remorse and said he would do it all over again.

How can we in the West do business with such a mindset? It is really impossible.

This "racism" charge only indicates the lack of intellectual depth that the defenders of such bulloney stoop. They would have made good little soldiers who would have rejoiced as they carted the Jews off to the gas chambers. Those people in that time believed just as strongly in their cause. How anyone can defend the likes of the lunatic from Iran is beyond all understanding.

Yes, obviously they have as much right to immigrate as anyone else.

And the ammount of xenophobia in this thread is just shocking.

That is a good point Kandahar, and that takes us back to the Political Correctness Game again.

how could anyone say that muslims shouldn't be allowed to immigrate to the US? as long as it's legal immigration, i think and everyone should be welcome.

What's racist about keeping out a religion of hate?

islam isn't a religion of hate. the terrorists in the ME and around the world that say that they are muslim are lying. islam doesn't support terrorism. i don't know any religion that does.

Back
Top Bottom