• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Should Biden, Pelosi, And Schumer Recommend All Americans Get The Coronavirus Vaccine?

Should Biden, Pelosi, And Schumer Recommend All Americans Get The Coronavirus Vaccine?

• Total voters
I am not taking any trump vaccine

Now when the health professionals and Dr Fauci say its ready i certainly will be at the front of the line

I have no doubt that Trump's ploy with the vaccine is a political stunt.

I also have little doubt that, if the vaccine is released before the election, Biden and Pelosi will be insisting that it's not safe no matter what the actual facts are.

Since it's pretty much impossible to get an adequately test vaccine before the election, Biden and Pelosi's theoretical reaction to a theoretical vaccine is moot. IF Trump wins and IF at some point during Trump's second term a properly vetted vaccine is developed, freely recommended by the scientific community, THEN I have no doubt that Pelosi, Biden and all the Democratic leadership would recommend taking it.

It's just before the election and Trump has announced that an emergency authorization has been issued for the Coronavirus vaccine and it is available immediately (let's say November 1st). Trump is having a press conference with Dr. Fauci and other health experts - to plead all Americans to go right out and get the vaccine ASAP for the good of the country. Biden and everyone on the left have always said that they are going to follow the science and listen to the experts. The science shows that the vaccine is both safe and effective, even though the process has gone through operation Warp Speed. But, as I said, the science shows it is both safe and effective and Dr. Fauci and other health experts are begging and pleading with Americans to go right out and get vaccinated. Should Biden, flanked on his sides by Schumer and Pelosi, join Trump and the experts on national television just before the election and urge Americans to get the vaccine for the good of the country to end this national health emergency?

The idea of everyone running out to get a vaccine when available is ludicrous.
It will take months into 2021 before the entire population can be vaccinated with a safe, effective Covid vaccine.
If Biden wins the election, there is no way Trump would stand with two of his biggest political enemies to say anything.
If Trumps gets re-elected, then pure hatred would prevent Pelosi, Schumer, and Biden from saying anything civil to Trump.

No way in hell I would take a rushed vaccine that was only released to try and get votes.

No one responsible would urge anyone to get the vaccine on November 1.

This is all about corruption.

The idea that Trump would actually use the possible availability of an effective vaccine as a campaign tool is just, well, expected and not at all surprising.

not the corruped ones... and it's not "my side" I have no "side" which is why I get **** from those on the right and those on the left.

Middle of the roaders sometimes end up as road kill.

not the corruped ones... and it's not "my side" I have no "side" which is why I get **** from those on the right and those on the left.

Are you saying Fauci is corrupted? Please make up your mind. One minute he is your well respected hero, the next minute he is corrupted. Look, it is your side who has said they would listen to the science and the health experts. Do you believe that or not?

Seriously, how old are you?

And we see the point of this thread in the above. It is nothing more than a Moderate Right attempt at a "gotcha" moment.

So, you're admitting that I gotcha? You're admitting that after saying you listen to the science and the health experts, you aren't going to? Yes, I did get you.

If the vaccine is adequately tested for efficacy and safety, I'm all for it. Corner cutting and Trump talking about having it ready before the election had me concerned, especially when I consider the recent CDC position on testing. Science influenced by politics isn't science.

Trump is obviously banking on the news that a new vaccine will have enough "experts" touting its efficacy so that doubters will be hard pressed to minimize its effectiveness.
But that has nothing to do with its long-term safety or availability to hundreds of millions of Americans.
It will be politicized right up to the night of November 3rd.

If the vaccine is adequately tested for efficacy and safety, I'm all for it. Corner cutting and Trump talking about having it ready before the election had me concerned, especially when I consider the recent CDC position on testing. Science influenced by politics isn't science.

I said the health experts (not team Trump) were going to encourage Americans to get the vaccine because it was both safe and effective. Do Biden, Pelosi, and Schumer join Trump and the health experts on stage just before the election to appeal to all Americans? Or, do they choose not to listen to the experts and let Trump lose the election at the expense of American lives? What's more important?

So, you're admitting that I gotcha? You're admitting that after saying you listen to the science and the health experts, you aren't going to? Yes, I did get you.

Yep, you win the straw man argument of the day award. Congratulations!

straw-man.jpg

Last edited:
What did Dr. Fauci say, exactly? Actual quote, not your summary of the quote. And a link, of course.

I know this is hard for you. Basically this is a hypothetical but it is a very real hypothetical. Fauci has already said that he believes a vaccine will be available soon, possibly even in time for November 1st. Do Democrats listen to the science and the experts or was all that just a bunch of political bull?

I know this is hard for you. Basically this is a hypothetical but it is a very real hypothetical. Fauci has already said that he believes a vaccine will be available soon, possibly even in time for November 1st. Do Democrats listen to the science and the experts or was all that just a bunch of political bull?

I didn't ask for a summary of his quote. I want a direct copy and paste quote with a link.

The experts are saying the vaccine has not passed the required trials.

I'm saying that if the experts say that the vaccine is safe and effective and available just before the election, does your side listen to the science?

I didn't ask for a summary of his quote. I want a direct copy and paste quote with a link.

I believe he is referring to the following.

“If there are a certain amount of infections within a particular trial, it’s conceivable that you could have it by October, but I don’t think that’s likely,” Fauci told CNN.

The director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases stressed that any vaccination would need to clear several hurdles to prove that it’s safe and effective before it’s administered to the public.

“If you look at the projection of the enrollment and the kinds of things you will need to get a decision about whether the vaccine is safe and protective, most of us project that this will be by November [or] December, by the end of the year,” Fauci said (Dr. Fauci says it’s ‘conceivable’ to have COVID-19 vaccine by October).​

I'm saying that if the experts say that the vaccine is safe and effective and available just before the election, does your side listen to the science?

If the experts say it is safe and effective without trials, then they are frauds.

The idea of everyone running out to get a vaccine when available is ludicrous.
It will take months into 2021 before the entire population can be vaccinated with a safe, effective Covid vaccine.
If Biden wins the election, there is no way Trump would stand with two of his biggest political enemies to say anything.
If Trumps gets re-elected, then pure hatred would prevent Pelosi, Schumer, and Biden from saying anything civil to Trump.

First off, the cdc has issued a warning to all the states to be prepared to mass vaccinate by November 1st. Of course, this is, more than likely, a bit ambitious. This thread is basically a question to the left, "If the science and the health experts say that the vaccine is safe, effective, and available by November 1st, do Biden and the left listen to the science and the experts, as they say they would"? Or, do they play politics because they would rather see people die rather than let Trump receive credit for operation Warp Speed? I do agree though that as much as Biden, Schumer, and Pelosi would not share the stage with Trump for the benefit of the American people, neither would Trump do the same. That's what makes this poll question answerable by DP members on both sides of the spectrum.

It's just before the election and Trump has announced that an emergency authorization has been issued for the Coronavirus vaccine and it is available immediately (let's say November 1st). Trump is having a press conference with Dr. Fauci and other health experts - to plead all Americans to go right out and get the vaccine ASAP for the good of the country. Biden and everyone on the left have always said that they are going to follow the science and listen to the experts. The science shows that the vaccine is both safe and effective, even though the process has gone through operation Warp Speed. But, as I said, the science shows it is both safe and effective and Dr. Fauci and other health experts are begging and pleading with Americans to go right out and get vaccinated. Should Biden, flanked on his sides by Schumer and Pelosi, join Trump and the experts on national television just before the election and urge Americans to get the vaccine for the good of the country to end this national health emergency?

It wont end this crisis before the election.

Common sense should dictate that we all get vaccinated once a tested and approved vaccine hits the market.

Does some Washington politician have to mandate common sense?

I see the problem here. You don't understand what hypothetical means. But, Fauci did say he believes that a vaccine would probably be ready this year, probably not by November 1st but that that was not impossible. It's really kind of irrelevant what Fauci says right now. This is a HYPOTHETICAL that Fauci will say exactly what you want him to say, just before the election. Do you listen to the science or do you not?

I see the problem here. You don't understand what hypothetical means. But, Fauci did say he believes that a vaccine would probably be ready this year, probably not by November 1st but that that was not impossible. It's really kind of irrelevant what Fauci says right now. This is a HYPOTHETICAL that Fauci will say exactly what you want him to say, just before the election. Do you listen to the science or do you not?

I didn't see a direct quote and link in your post.

<snip> Should Biden, flanked on his sides by Schumer and Pelosi, join Trump and the experts on national television just before the election and urge Americans to get the vaccine for the good of the country to end this national health emergency?
Absolutely. The vaccine will not be released until the trials are complete. So I would think the evidence gathered from them indicate it’s safe and effective. The only possible counter argument would be the fact that the trials were rushed. Are we willing to wait years for what might be considered legitimate trials? I’ll remind people that even drugs approved via normal processes have later been discovered to be faulty.

This is a hypothetical thread, one that could very easily be a thetical thread. If you don't want to post about hypotheticals then don't put your two cents in.

I put my two cents in because I do not see the current methodology as trustworthy. I trust science when it is done correctly. The current state of vaccine development for COVID-19 is rushed and sloppy. When they start doing the science correctly, I will start trusting it.

If the experts say it is safe and effective without trials, then they are frauds.

Now wait a minute. You guys and Biden have all said that you would follow the science and listen to the experts. Are you now saying that you were lying and that you won't? I'm not talking about team Trump here (and haven't even metioned Dr. Birx). I'm talking about the science and the health experts. Do you listen to them like you say you would, or were you lying about that?

Back
Top Bottom