• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shooting at Queens baby shower (1 Viewer)

10 years of Democratic mayors .... hmmmmmmm

Invariably...the anti gun leftists ignore the fact that the cancer that infects EVERY state is the rat run, rat infested shitholes...that THEY are responsible for...and it doesnt matter if its a red or blue state. Its ALWAYS the rat infested shitholes that sway statistics.
Given the huge disparity in the rates which blacks and whites commit murder, it is no surprise there is a clear correlation between high populations of blacks and high murder rates.

Given the huge disparity in the rates which blacks and whites commit murder, it is no surprise there is a clear correlation between high populations of blacks and high murder rates.

And the anti-gun leftists dont want to talk about that...or the causes of the poverty in those rat run rat infested cities. You'd almost believe that they want things that way for some reason.

10 years of Democratic mayors .... hmmmmmmm
10 years? try 10 decades. Chicago has been run by dems exclusively since the 30s. Detroit, Baltimore, most major cities since the 50s and 60s. Atlanta, Mobile, NOLA, and other majority cities in the south have been run by democrats exclusively since the 1880s.

10 years? try 10 decades. Chicago has been run by dems exclusively since the 30s. Detroit, Baltimore, most major cities since the 50s and 60s. Atlanta, Mobile, NOLA, and other majority cities in the south have been run by democrats exclusively since the 1880s.

yes but NY/Queens has had GOP mayors in the last 3 decades

true though, most big cities with rampant crime/violence is Democrat ran

yes but NY/Queens has had GOP mayors in the last 3 decades

true though, most big cities with rampant crime/violence is Democrat ran
Cant help but wonder then about the economic revival (or what is negatively referred to as 'gentrification') of some of the areas there.

Admittedly..New York is 'different' in that there are pockets of poverty surrounded by so much wealth.

And the anti-gun leftists dont want to talk about that...or the causes of the poverty in those rat run rat infested cities. You'd almost believe that they want things that way for some reason.
The need to keep them subservient - they cannot afford to lose the votes.

The need to keep them subservient - they cannot afford to lose the votes.

we need Tim Scott VP

wouldn't hurt if Tim Scott ascended to Presidency within 6-12 months of 2024 election IMO

we need Tim Scott VP
wouldn't hurt if Tim Scott ascended to Presidency within 6-12 months of 2024 election IMO
Like Harris will, if Joe wins? ☠️

I
There is nothing unique about American culture other than our gun culture. People in our peer nation's watch the same movies, play the same video games, listen to the same music and so on. What is the difference between US and Canadian culture? They even live in the same types of homes and drive the same vehicles. Yet, their homicide rate is a fraction of ours. Walk around a city like Paris, there are neighborhoods full of immigrants, there are black neighborhoods just like there are here (for those that want to blame our homicide rate on black people), you hear hip playing, yet their homicide rate is a fraction of ours. When you compare us to other high-income democracies, our homicide rate is 3 to 6 times that of any other peer nation. Why is that?
I am pretty sure there are tons of Parisiens who would vehemently disagree with you on your dismissal of violent crime in that city.

I

I am pretty sure there are tons of Parisiens who would vehemently disagree with you on your dismissal of violent crime in that city.
The homicide rate in Paris is significantly lower than any major American city. The homicide rate in France is less than 1/5 ours. I have been all over Paris, there is not a single block I didn't feel safe walking through. You have to worry about pit pockets and scam artists there, not getting murdered.

The headline: Shooting at Queens baby shower leaves man dead, 3 others injured

The lede: RICHMOND HILL, Queens (WABC) -- A man is dead and three others are injured after gunfire erupted at a baby shower in Queens early Saturday. According to the NYPD, police responded to a 911 call around 1:30 a.m. of an assault at a venue at 108-11 Atlantic Ave. Police found three people injured, including a 24-year-old man shot in the chest. Officers also found a 26-year-old man hit in the right arm and a 45-year-old man shot in the left leg.

The reference: https://abc7ny.com/queens-fatal-sho...ing-at-baby-shower-in-richmond-hill/14764552/

Guns in the news again.

Another multiple shooting, with at least one life cut short.

Thus far this year there have been 475 children ages 0-17 killed in the US by gunshot.* Gunshot is one of the leading causes of death of children in the US.

Guns in the news.

Again.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n un-shot.

* https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/
Not a word about the shooter. Letting people get away with murder because you want to blame an object is ridiculous.

I don't think humans in the United States are a different species than humans in Canada, the UK, France and so on. There is no reason to believe that our homicide rate would be any higher than Canada's if we had the same gun laws and the same percentage of gun's in private hands.
Sure there is. We have a much weaker social safety net and much greater poverty.

You ever spent any time in Canada? Culturally, it is identical to the United States.
Not really. They're all serfs in Canada. Americans are free.

If you think that being awash in firearms is not a factor in our high homicide rates, then you are either naive or willfully ignorant.
Just the opposite. Awareness that there is little correlation between gun availability and homicide rates shows that a person is knowledgeable.

You keep saying that, but you haven't offered any evidence for it other than homicides were higher in 1986.
Statistics are very clear that gun availability has little correlation with homicide rates.

You would have a great point there if firearms were the only factor in homicide rates.
Firearms are not any factor at all in homicide rates.

I think that concentrated poverty results in higher violence.
Correct.

I also think that higher violence in combination with a society saturated with firearms, results in a much higher homicide rate than you would have otherwise simply with concentrated poverty.
Statistics show otherwise.

For example, if we had similar gun laws to Canada and the same level of per-capita firearms in circulation they do, our homicide rate would be much lower.
It wouldn't be.

We would only be without freedom, just as the Canadians are.

I say this, because it is absurd to think that absent a gun, we would all of a sudden see a massive increase in the rate of stabbings and other forms of homicide. Would we see an increase in stabbings and bludgeoning? Sure, but it would not be nearly enough to make up for huge drop in firearm homicides.
Statistics show otherwise. There is little correlation between gun availability and homicide rates.

We all recognize that all rights have costs and benefits to society. Yet for some reason, zealots seem to think that the right to own firearms is somehow exempt from that, that it's all benefits and results in no societal costs at all. Frankly, that is nonsense. It is utterly absurd to think that if we had the same level of guns in private hands that a country like Japan has, we would still have the same homicide rate.
Statistics show that this is indeed the case.

I want people to quit making stupid arguments that the Right to Bear Arms has zero societal costs.
It's not a stupid argument. Since gun control is not even about trying to save lives, blocking gun control does not cost any lives.

Again, why do you think young black men commit more homicides in the United States?
Progressivism begets poverty.

Poverty begets violence.

Concentrated poverty leads to more violence.
Exactly!

What you are ignoring is that due to past institutional racism and redlining, black children in poverty are over 4 times as likely to grow up in concentrated poverty as white children that grow in poverty.
Oh nonsense!

That's just progressive malarkey blaming anyone other than progressives for the harm inflicted by progressivism.

Again, you have yet to get the reason why you think more homicides are committed by young black men.
You weren't directing that at me. I'm jumping into a conversation that you are having with someone else. But it looks to me like you've already agreed that poverty is the cause.

You seem to think that concentrated poverty would have a 1 to 1 relationship with violence.
That's what statistics show.

The agent of injury is the firearm.
That is incorrect. The agent of injury is the criminal.

Firearm prevalence has created the firearm access that facilitates violent activity.
That is incorrect. Firearms do not facilitate violence.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Japan has strict gun laws because they decided they valued life/didn't want mass shootings/constant shootings.
That is incorrect. They have strict gun laws because they dislike freedom.

We don't care. If we did we'd do what it takes.
Nonsense. There is no way to prevent people from committing murder if they choose to do so.

You do realize they continue to tweak their strict gun laws with the latest revision as recently as 2008, correct?
And as a result of that they don't have any Sandy Hooks.
That is incorrect. Their lack of massacres has nothing to do with their lack of freedom.

we don't care about little kids being slaughtered.
Correct. Gun control has nothing to do with trying to save lives.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Two questions
1. Do you think that things are getting better for black Americans?
No. They remain ensnared in the cult of deranged progressivism.

and
2. Do you think that socioeconomic circumstances can change rapidly?
Yes.

Why do young black Americans commit more homocides?
Progressivism begets poverty.

Poverty begets violence.

At any rate, it seems to me that you think black people are inferior in some way to white people, and thus that is why you think black men commit more homicides. Am I incorrect?
Having just read through the entire thread before replying, I did not see him say anything of the sort.

He will quote white supremacist propaganda, but he won't have the courage to tell you what he actually thinks.
Nonsense on both counts.

That is incorrect. The agent of injury is the criminal.
The virus is the agent of injury for measles; the firearm is the agent of injury for shootings. Basic.
That is incorrect. Firearms do not facilitate violence.
The presence of a firearm, in multiple situations, has been demonstrated to result in greater risk to children and adults of death and injury by MANY epidemiological studies. Get educated.

The virus is the agent of injury for measles; the firearm is the agent of injury for shootings. Basic.
That is incorrect. The shooter is the agent of injury for shootings.

The presence of a firearm, in multiple situations, has been demonstrated to result in greater risk to children and adults of death and injury by MANY epidemiological studies.
Bathtubs increase risk of drowning.

Stairways increase risk of fatal falls.

Get educated.
I already am. That's why no one can ever disprove my claims.

That is incorrect. They have strict gun laws because they dislike freedom.
How many of their children are gunned down in school each year? Or on the street?

How about us?

That is incorrect. The shooter is the agent of injury for shootings.

Bathtubs increase risk of drowning.

Stairways increase risk of fatal falls.

I already am. That's why no one can ever disprove my claims.
Prove by scientific studies that firearms do not increase personal risk of death or injury, as you claim.

Prove by scientific studies that firearms do not increase personal risk of death or injury, as you claim.

It doesn't work that way.

It doesn't work that way.
Of course it does. Consider two equivalent populations-- one without prevalent firearms and another without firearms. What do you think, overall will be the lifetime death and injury risk.

What claim of mine are you referring to??

Of course it does. Consider two equivalent populations-- one without prevalent firearms and another without firearms. What do you think, overall will be the lifetime death and injury risk.
Consider two equivalent populations. One with stairways and bathtubs in their home and one with no bathtubs or stairways in their homes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How many of their children are gunned down in school each year? Or on the street?
How about us?
I do not know the murder rate of their children, or of our children.

I do know that guns have nothing to do with the murder rate of their children, or of our children.

I do not know the murder rate of their children, or of our children.

I do know that guns have nothing to do with the murder rate of their children, or of our children.
They have basically none of their citizens gunned down.

We have one every ~ 54 minues.

Do you even Care that our children are gunned down so much????

They have basically none of their citizens gunned down.
We have one every ~ 54 minues.
Do you even Care that our children are gunned down so much????
Are you asking if I care what kind of weapon someone is murdered with (as opposed to caring about the murder itself)?

If so, no.

Are you asking if I care what kind of weapon someone is murdered with (as opposed to caring about the murder itself)?

If so, no.
Their murder rate is way below ours and one reason is they have basically zero people gunned down.

Are you pro-life??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom