• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shooting at Queens baby shower (1 Viewer)

Republicans. Gun laws have nothing to do with the murder rate.

Idaho has a lower murder rate than NY, despite NY stringent gun laws.
New York state murder rate, 4.0 per 100,000, far less than any southern conservatives stronghold.

1715113553213.png

Your explanation is unsound.
Disagree?
Even after allowing for the fact blacks are 4x more likely to live in "concentrated poverty", why are they >4x more likely to commit murder than whites?

You cannot answer this, and you refuse to concede the point.
I did answer it by providing a source for how concentrated poverty leads to much more violence. If you are unable to comprehend why that would be the case, I don't know what to tell you. Just the same, why don't you have the courage to tell us all why you think it is that young black men commit more homicides? I have asked you this question several times and you will not answer it. You aren't fooling anyone.

I did answer it by providing a source for how concentrated poverty leads to much more violence.
I addressed this, and offered you the opportunity to copy/;paste the text from the source that provides an answer to my question.
You failed to do so., likely because you know it does not exist.
If you cannot comprehend why this renders your source meaningless, i do not know what to tell you.

Thus, the question stands:
Even after allowing for the fact blacks are 4x more likely to live in "concentrated poverty", why are they >4x more likely to commit murder than whites?

You -know- cannot answer this ---- why do you refuse to concede the point?

I addressed this, and offered you the opportunity to copy/;paste the text from the source that provides an answer to my question.
You failed to do so., likely because you know it does not exist.
If you cannot comprehend why this renders your source meaningless, i do not know what to tell you.

Thus, the question stands:

You -know- cannot answer this ---- why do you refuse to concede the point?
Because living in concentrated poverty results in more than 4 times the violence of areas that are not concentrated poverty.

So, again, why do you think young black men commit more homicides?

New York state murder rate, 4.0 per 100,000, far less than any southern conservatives stronghold.
Firearms are irrelevant to this.

Because living in concentrated poverty results in more than 4 times the violence of areas that are not concentrated poverty.
OK then - concession accepted.
Thank you.

So, again, why do you think young black men commit more homicides?
I think the answer you are looking for then is "Because the democrats you vote for and have kept in power for 8, 10, and up to 14 DECADES in the those majority minority communities have deliberately ****ed over those communities and kept them impoverished and dependent for 8, 10, and up to 14 decades."

I think the answer you are looking for then is "Because the democrats you vote for and have kept in power for 8, 10, and up to 14 DECADES in the those majority minority communities have deliberately ****ed over those communities and kept them impoverished and dependent for 8, 10, and up to 14 decades."
One does have to wonder why these Democrat-run cities choose to keep their black population in concentrated poverty.

One does have to wonder why these Democrat-run cities choose to keep their black population in concentrated poverty.
The only ones who wonder that are the lesser educated types who are easily swayed by, and readily absorb, hyper-partisan and, in this case, white nationalist propaganda, imho. Otherwise they would recognize that the highest levels of poverty are concentrated in the red Bible Belt states and address that as well. ☮️

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the national poverty rate was 12.4% in 2022, up from 11.2% in 2021. These states have the highest percentages of poverty in the country: Mississippi, Louisiana, West Virginia, New Mexico, Arkansas, Kentucky, Alabama, Oklahoma, Texas, and New York.Nov 6, 2023 Top 10 Poorest States in the U.S.
Snap 2024-05-07 at 18.32.50.png

The headline: Shooting at Queens baby shower leaves man dead, 3 others injured

The lede: RICHMOND HILL, Queens (WABC) -- A man is dead and three others are injured after gunfire erupted at a baby shower in Queens early Saturday. According to the NYPD, police responded to a 911 call around 1:30 a.m. of an assault at a venue at 108-11 Atlantic Ave. Police found three people injured, including a 24-year-old man shot in the chest. Officers also found a 26-year-old man hit in the right arm and a 45-year-old man shot in the left leg.

The reference: https://abc7ny.com/queens-fatal-sho...ing-at-baby-shower-in-richmond-hill/14764552/

Guns in the news again.

Another multiple shooting, with at least one life cut short.

Thus far this year there have been 475 children ages 0-17 killed in the US by gunshot.* Gunshot is one of the leading causes of death of children in the US.

Guns in the news.

Again.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n un-shot.

* https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/
I don't believe your source on the statistics. Please provide a better one

========

Nearly half of black poor children live in concentrated poverty vs only 12% of white children in poverty. African Americans are still concentrated in neighborhoods with high poverty and still lack full access to decent housing | Economic Policy Institute (epi.org)

The problem is y'all deny that reality. You argue as though a society awash in guns is nothing but positives.
Two questions

1. Do you think that things are getting better for black Americans?
and
2. Do you think that socioeconomic circumstances can change rapidly?

So far, we have determined that "institutionalized racism" and "redlining" are responsible for the disparity in rates, not the "concentrated poverty " itself.
Please explain that mechanic.
Why do young black Americans commit more homocides?

Two questions

1. Do you think that things are getting better for black Americans?
and
2. Do you think that socioeconomic circumstances can change rapidly?
1. Yes they have.
2. For individuals yes, for large groups no.

• Law enforcement agencies report a greater percentage of Hispanic/Latino and African-American/black gang members compared with other race/ethnicities.
  • The most recent figures provided by law enforcement are 46 percent Hispanic/Latino gang members, 35 percent African-American/black gang members, more than 11 percent white gang members, and 7 percent other race/ethnicity of gang members.

• In 2019, 69.4 percent of all individuals arrested were White, 26.6 percent were Black or African American, and 4.0 percent were of other races.

Just a few things to ponder.

I don't believe your source on the statistics. Please provide a better one

========

Hi, VySky.

On what basis of fact do you find the posted source deficient? Please detail.

Regards, stay safe 'n well 'n un-shot.

150 million people with 400 million guns and billions of rounds of ammo did nothing wrong today

this ?

looks much like any other drive by gang/drug related violence .............. culture

ya'll tired of seeing this? stop the violence/culture that breeds gangs/drug ........... but Democrat run cities don't want to stop it, isn't that the truth ?

....but Democrat run cities don't want to stop it, isn't that the truth ?
Democrats need dead children - preferably white and suburban - to push their agenda.
They know they can prey upon the emotions of the ignorant.

Democrats need dead children - preferably white and suburban - to push their agenda.
They know they can prey upon the emotions of the ignorant.

The Master (Confucious) said, "The superior man is catholic and not partisan. The mean man is partisan and not catholic."

I say the partisan man is both mean and anti-democratic. Some seem to hate our democracy so much that they have to make up the most disgusting lies to slander the "other side." That, my friends, is the actual ignorance at play here, imho. ☮️

Concentrated in Democrat majority counties.

View attachment 67508625
Invariably...the anti gun leftists ignore the fact that the cancer that infects EVERY state is the rat run, rat infested shitholes...that THEY are responsible for...and it doesnt matter if its a red or blue state. Its ALWAYS the rat infested shitholes that sway statistics.

The Master (Confucious) said, "The superior man is catholic and not partisan. The mean man is partisan and not catholic."

I say the partisan man is both mean and anti-democratic. Some seem to hate our democracy so much that they have to make up the most disgusting lies to slander the "other side." That, my friends, is the actual ignorance at play here, imho. ☮️

There seems a distinct odor of partisanship trailing in the wake of many of the anti gun zealots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom