• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Shooting at Queens baby shower (2 Viewers)

I have answered several of your questions so far.
And I asked those questions to allow you the opportunity to further explain your positions, as, on their face,, they do not explain the disparity at hand.
Case in point, you stated out with "concentrated poverty" and have since added "institutionalized racism" and "redlining" to that "concentrated poverty".
So...
So far, we have determined that "institutionalized racism" and "redlining" are responsible for the disparity in rates, not the "concentrated poverty " itself.
Please explain that mechanic.

And I asked those questions to allow you the opportunity to further explain your positions, as, on their face,, they do not explain the disparity at hand.
Case in point, you stated out with "concentrated poverty" and have since added "institutionalized racism" and "redlining" to that "concentrated poverty".
So...
So far, we have determined that "institutionalized racism" and "redlining" are responsible for the disparity in rates, not the "concentrated poverty " itself.
Please explain that mechanic.
No, I argued that black people are more likely than white people to grow up in concentrated poverty due to past institutional racism and redlining.

Why can't you tell everyone on here why you think young black men commit more homicides?

When leftists continue to wonder why the black American majoroty minority communities in major cities suffer...as they have to contend with living in the rat infested shitholes THEIR politicians created.....

No, I argued that black people are more likely than white people to grow up in concentrated poverty due to past institutional racism and redlining.
Ohh - the concentrated poverty is -because of- past "institutionalized racism and redlining. Got it. My bad.
Well, again, you claim blacks are only 4x more likely to be subject to this, and yet commit murder at rate of ~17x of whites, so there must be something else.
Any ideas?

When leftists continue to wonder why the black American majoroty minority communities in major cities suffer...as they have to contend with living in the rat infested shitholes THEIR politicians created.....
That must be where the "institutionalized racism and redlining" come from.
Ironic, eh?

Ohh - the concentrated poverty is -because of- past "institutionalized racism and redlining. Got it. My bad.
Well, again, you claim blacks are only 4x more likely to be subject to this, and yet commit murder at rate of ~17x of whites, so there must be something else.
Any ideas?
You seem to think that concentrated poverty would have a 1 to 1 relationship with violence.

At any rate, it seems to me that you think black people are inferior in some way to white people, and thus that is why you think black men commit more homicides. Am I incorrect?

You seem to think that concentrated poverty would have a 1 to 1 relationship with violence.
-You're- the one arguing 4x the poverty rate explains the 17x murder rate, so....
Why would concentrated poverty make black people be >4x more likely to commit murder than whites?
At any rate, it seems to me that you think black people are inferior in some way to white people...
You're just trolling again - you know I haven't said a single word to lead to that conclusion.

-You're- the one arguing 4x the poverty rate explains the 17x murder rate, so....
Why would concentrated poverty make black people be >4x more likely to commit murder than whites?

You're just trolling again - you know I haven't said a single word to lead to that conclusion.
Tell us what you think then.

Tell us what you think then.
I'm sorry -- I didn't see your response:

I'm sorry -- I didn't see your response:
Man up and tell everyone why you think it is.

Man up and tell everyone why you think it is.
STILL trolling? Tsk tsk.
I cannot begin to guess why --you-- believe concentrated poverty makes black people be >4x more likely to commit murder than whites.
But, apparently you do.
What makes you believe this?

STILL trolling? Tsk tsk.
I cannot begin to guess why --you-- believe concentrated poverty makes black people be >4x more likely to commit murder than whites.
But, apparently you do.
What makes you believe this?
A debate works by one person stating their position, and another person stating their opposing position.

You argued that young black men commit homicides at a much higher rate than white men. I argued that is likely due to the effects of concentrated poverty of which blacks in poverty are more than 4 times as likely as whites in poverty to experience. You don't accept that explanation, fine, but you haven't provided an alternative explanation of your own. In fact, you have done everything but provide an alternative explanation of your own. Why is that? This is a debate site, so why can't you tell everyone why you believe young black men commit more homicides than young white men? You obviously do not believe it is due to the effects of concentrated poverty, so what is it?

A debate works by one person stating their position
...which you have.
I am asking you questions regarding your position so that you might explain/refine it to the point where it makes sense.
Thus:

if you cannot support your assertion - and thus your position - just say so -- in a debate, there's no dishonor in conceding your point once you reach the point you can no longer support it.

...which you have.
I am asking you questions regarding your position so that you might explain/refine it to the point where it makes sense.
Thus:

if you cannot support your assertion - and thus your position - just say so -- in a debate, there's no dishonor in conceding your point once you reach the point you can no longer support it.
The effects of concentrated poverty on violence are well established in various studies. Moving to Opportunity: The Effects of Concentrated Poverty on the Poor – Third Way

So, can you tell everyone why you think young black men commit more homicides?

The effects of concentrated poverty on violence are well established in various studies.
While this talks about concentrated poverty leading to violence, nothing here explains why said poverty leads to blacks being >4x more likely to commit murder than whites.
Maybe I missed it? Copy paste the text to that effect

Otherwise....
Ready to concede your position?

While this talks about concentrated poverty leading to violence, nothing here explains why said poverty leads to blacks being >4x more likely to commit murder than whites.
Maybe I missed it? Copy paste the text to that effect

Otherwise....
Ready to concede your position?
Black people are 4 times more likely to experience concentrated poverty than white people are. This is due to the legacy of redlining and past institutional racism. Concentrated poverty results in much higher levels of violence. So, to summarize, concentrated poverty leads to higher levels of violence and black people are much more likely than white people to experience concentrated poverty. There is your explanation.

If you have a different explanation as to why you believe that young black men commit more homicides, you need to provide it. After all, this is a debate site.

Black people are 4 times more likely to experience concentrated poverty than white people are.
You said that.
This is why I modified the number form 17x more murders than whites to >4x more murders.
You noticed that change, right?
This is due to the legacy of redlining and past institutional racism. Concentrated poverty results in much higher levels of violence. So, to summarize, concentrated poverty leads to higher levels of violence and black people are much more likely than white people to experience concentrated poverty. There is your explanation.
See above.

As you offer nothing new here, my question stands:

Last edited:
Exactly. The kid who uses a gun to solves their problems likely was not taught good values, self-respect, self-love in the home. A lot of our country's violent culture is generational. In order to respect others, one must first respect themselves. Lots of broken people in the US who resort to violent means to solve their problems. Some turn to a lifetime of crime, and join gangs. They hurt others, and some eventually hurt themselves via suicide, often with a weapon. We see that suicide is huge in the US. I've listed the reasons for this.
Remember this trio?
Snap 2024-05-07 at 15.59.40.png

Wow, you have ABSOLUTELY no qualms about linking to a WHITE SUPREMICIST website and use their propaganda.

I knew you had some wild pov's, I didn't realize it included unashamedly racist tropes.

The mask comes off.
He will quote white supremacist propaganda, but he won't have the courage to tell you what he actually thinks.

He will quote white supremacist propaganda....
You had the opportunity to dispute the numbers I gave you.
I suspect that since you saw the numbers are from the FBI, you chose not to.
Good on you for not being so small-minded that you automatically discard information because it comes from a source you do not like.

Now then, back to the conversation about your position...

You said that.
This is why I modified the number form 17x more murders than whites to >4x more murders.
You noticed that change, right?

See above.

As you offer nothing new here, my question stands:
It’s the old argument, nature versus nurture.

Some folks like to ask such a question to suggest that the reason we observe more murders from blacks is that it’s their nature. That being more violent is intrinsically part of who they are.

But what I find strange is that you also see that there’s the nurture explanation staring you in the face, the systemic disadvantage of concentrated poverty, and you then ask how that can lead to violence.

Do you think you can somehow compel people to jump to a racist conclusion by applying skepticism? Skepticism cuts both ways.

You had the opportunity to dispute the numbers I gave you.
I suspect that since you saw the numbers are from the FBI, you chose not to.
Good on you for not being so small-minded that you automatically discard information because it comes from a source you do not like.
You are arguing a strawman. Anyone can read this thread and see that I provided an explanation why there is a higher homicide rate among young black men. You didn't accept my explanation, and you spent pages of posts trolling rather than providing your own explanation for why you think young black men commit more homicides. Anyone that reads this thread can see the reason why you refuse to say what you believe.

It’s the old argument, nature versus nurture.

Some folks like to ask such a question to suggest that the reason we observe more murders from blacks is that it’s their nature. That being more violent is intrinsically part of who they are.

But what I find strange is that you also see that there’s the nurture explanation staring you in the face, the systemic disadvantage of concentrated poverty, and you then ask how that can lead to violence.

Do you think you can somehow compel people to jump to a racist conclusion by applying skepticism? Skepticism cuts both ways.
He will not tell us what he believes. He will not tell us why he thinks young black men commit more homicides. He just plays this game where he pretends skepticism.

You are arguing a strawman. Anyone can read this thread and see that I provided an explanation why there is a higher homicide rate among young black men.
Your explanation is unsound.
Disagree?
Even after allowing for the fact blacks are 4x more likely to live in "concentrated poverty", why are they >4x more likely to commit murder than whites?

You cannot answer this, and you refuse to concede the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom