• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Sheehan?

How do you feel about Mrs. Sheehans recent actions?

• Sympathetic

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Proud

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Angry

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Other

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
Originally posted by VTA:
How? By doing exactly what she is doing? Expressing their feelings about a situation?

Does anyone else see the circular logic here?
Sheehan flexes her right to speak her mind.
People who disagree, exercise their right and respond to her.
Other people get angry at the repondents for exercising their rights and make accusations toward those who disagree of wanting to take away her rights.

So the people who disagree with Sheehan should have their rights violated by being accused of practising facsist principles?

Should the people who make such accusations not express their view about the people who disagree with Sheehan wanting to deprive her of her rights?

This can go on forever...

Once the focus is veered away from the subject at hand, e.g. is Sheehan right or wrong, and has shifted to something we already know the answer to - we all are protected by freedom of speech - it's evident that analytical debate has exhausted itself and frustration has become the fuel for debate.
I'm not frustrated. This is my Disneyland! By the way, I agree with you here.

Originally posted by cnredd:
Well said...I was going around and around on this the last few days in another thread...

From a post in Polls - Should the moderators exercise their ability to remove polls made to insult?...Post #51...

It goes even further than that....It's when you should censor your own THOUGHTS from coming out of your mouth that these kids can't get through their dome...None of which is a Free Speech issue...

You and your best friend get into an argument where you start to hate each other...Then he dies...

His mother, whose known you since diapers, asks you to say a few words at the funeral. Do you bite your tongue or start out by saying, "He was a rat bastard!"?

Daddy had a one night stand with the secretary, and Daddy knows you know...He begs you not to say anything because it was a "one time" mistake...Is this a "Free Speech" issue?

Your sister "comes out of the closet" to you and asks you to keep it on the down-low....Do you say, " F U!...Don't tell me I can't execise my First Amendment rights!!!!...then run out and tell all of her friends? You're legally correct you know...

See?...Just because you have a RIGHT to do it, doesn't mean it IS RIGHT to do it...

Everything you do and say has consequences....I am legally bound by my First Amendment rights to run through the streets of Harlem yelling "White Power"....Now is that the right thing to do? Even though I have a right to do it?
Did you run out of things to say?

Are you at the end of your alphabet?

Would you like to buy a vowel?

Originally posted by VTA:
I must have missed this...
How exactly is that bullshit?
She did lose her son.
She did meet with Bush.
She did say good things about him afterward.
She is camped outside of his ranch.
She is contradicting her initial story about their meeting.
She is demanding they speak again.
She is on record as having said this war is a lie and that Israel is not worth it.

Refute one point.
What I'm refuting, is the picture your trying to paint by speaking for her. "...that's it in a nutshell" comment was what I said was bullshit. That wasn't, "...it in a nutshell". There is a little more too it than the items your listing here. I posted her letter back on #20. You can read what she is intending to do by her own words, instead of making something up that she is not doing.

Originally Posted by Calm2Chaos:
It's official. I am truly tired of this bi tch. I am tired of the constant bad mouthing of my country. I am tired of her calling us terrorist. I am tired of her calling the terorrist freedom fighters. I want this stupid ass to go home and complain in the mirror. NO you will not see the president. NO you should never be allowed to see him. Yousaw him once, you said he made you happy and felt good. Then you decided that blowing micheal moore and moveon.org was a better way to go. Screw her, screw her cause, screw her beliefs. Her son was a hero and deserves everyones respect. She however is not and never has been. She has sacrificed nothing except the name of her son for her 15 minutes of fame. I hope shiting on his memory was worth it
Do you consider yourself a "Has Been" or a "Never Was"?

Billo_Really said:
You want to talk about stupid, let's talk about stupid! It's stupid to:

• Put Guns and God in the same sentence. When was the last time you saw Jesus packing heat?
  • Try to convince people that a country that barely had running water and electricity was a threat!
  • Trying to lie about intelligence reports that state the opposite of what you are proposing.
  • Trying to recite the mantra that he gassed his own people when evidence suggests it was the Iranians.
  • Not acknowledge the fact that he got the green light to invade Kuwait from the Bush Sr. Administration.
  • Quote from a President that had a habit of falling asleep in Cabinet meetings.
Now that's real stupidity!

Back to you...

North Korea barely has running water, but anyone who doesn't think that it isn't a threat to South Korea, Japan and possibly the United States is suffering from a severe case of head in the sand syndrome.

As for the gassing of the Kurds, you are going to have to back that one up with credible evidence. The preponderance of the evidence shows that it was Saddam who not only gassed the Kurds, but engaged in systemic massacres of Shia in the south in 1992.

Next, you are probably going to tell us that Saddam was a nice guy, didn't have torture used in its prisons and didn't torture soccer players after losing a fricken soccer match (the loss to Kazakstan in 2001 being the best known example.)

Billo_Really said:
This is true.

Nefarious Plot's allegations about the supposed slander of Sheehan has already been debunked.

Here we go again.

FACT: Sheehan has already met with President Bush.
FACT: She said good things about President Bush following the meeting.
FACT: Her husband has filed for divorce.
FACT: Three kids are back home while Cindy is on this misguided crusade.
FACT: Cindy has made anti-American remarks.
FACT: She referred to the insurgents as freedom fighters.

Need we go on?

Originally posted by lud...
We have been over this before Billo. The invasion was NOT illegal. You did nothing to disprove my point last time we talked about 678 and 1441. Do I have to school on you this issue AGAIN!?!?!?
You didn't prove anything, Junior. I told you what Kofi said on this issue. He's a hell of a lot more knowledgable on the UN's position than you are!

What's BS? Actually, VTA was right. She DID have a meeting with Bush. She initially DID say positive things about the meeting. It was only when she became a tool of the anti-American Left that she changed her tune.
He wasn't right about the point I was making.

What I find funny is how people say she's using her sons death to her political advantage when Bush has been doing that for 9/11 since like forever. Can you say hippocrates ( wait, did I just correct my spelling so it spelled the great greek philosopher? Ah well. . .)

Last edited:
North Korea barely has running water, but anyone who doesn't think that it isn't a threat to South Korea, Japan and possibly the United States is suffering from a severe case of head in the sand syndrome.
Were a little too busy somewhere else to deal with this right now.
As for the gassing of the Kurds, you are going to have to back that one up with credible evidence. The preponderance of the evidence shows that it was Saddam who not only gassed the Kurds, but engaged in systemic massacres of Shia in the south in 1992.
There's a whole thread on this in the "War on Terror" section. I posted many sources there.
Next, you are probably going to tell us that Saddam was a nice guy, didn't have torture used in its prisons and didn't torture soccer players after losing a fricken soccer match (the loss to Kazakstan in 2001 being the best known example.)
No, I'm not going to say this, Saddam was an asshole.

Billo_Really said:
You didn't prove anything, Junior. I told you what Kofi said on this issue. He's a hell of a lot more knowledgable on the UN's position than you are!

:2rofll: :2rofll:

You are so ignorant about the UN. Kofi has little power in the UN. He is little more than a glorified spokesperson.

The Security Council has the power in the UN while Kofi is little more than a message boy. He is bound by what the Security Council says, NOT the other way around. He has the right to have an opinion, but it is only that, an opinion. The word of the Security Council is law, NOT Kofi.

Care to read Security Council Resolutions 678 and 1441 again? Kofi can say what he wants, but the rest of us can read too, and what you claim he says and what is written in the legally binding resolutions passed by the Security Council are NOT one and the same.

Ignorance is a bad thing. Ignorance and an Internet Connection is dangerous. You seem to fit the later statement Billo.

:beam:

Nefarious Plot's allegations about the supposed slander of Sheehan has already been debunked.

Here we go again.

FACT: Sheehan has already met with President Bush.
FACT: She said good things about President Bush following the meeting.
FACT: Her husband has filed for divorce.
FACT: Three kids are back home while Cindy is on this misguided crusade.
FACT: Cindy has made anti-American remarks.
FACT: She referred to the insurgents as freedom fighters.

Need we go on?
Oh yeah! There is a little more too it than that. Go back to #20 and see what she has to say herself.

GAWFD she had had amy such meeting. Drudge report misquoted her. This discrediment tactics are sooo boring. She thinks they guy is a mn of god she has her meeting but shes still out there demanding one anyway? thats ludicris and untrue. just because your a poltical fanatic doesnt mean she is. Shes not out there advocating democratic candiates shes upset about the death in vain of US soldiers. I guess having true convinctions is foriegn to most people in the US.

Billo_Really said:
Oh yeah! There is a little more too it than that. Go back to #20 and see what she has to say herself.

Interesting that you don't refute a single fact that I posted!

You are giving me enough material to keep me :2rofll: until the typhoon comes.

nefarious_plot said:
GAWFD she had had amy such meeting. Drudge report misquoted her. This discrediment tactics are sooo boring. She thinks they guy is a mn of god she has her meeting but shes still out there demanding one anyway? thats ludicris and untrue. just because your a poltical fanatic doesnt mean she is. Shes not out there advocating democratic candiates shes upset about the death in vain of US soldiers. I guess having true convinctions is foriegn to most people in the US.

Would you mind fixing up the numerous typos in your first sentence so we can actually comprehend what you just said?!?!?

Are you looking to get schooled again nefarious!?!?

You are so ignorant about the UN. Kofi has little power in the UN. He is little more than a glorified spokesperson.

The Security Council has the power in the UN while Kofi is little more than a message boy. He is bound by what the Security Council says, NOT the other way around. He has the right to have an opinion, but it is only that, an opinion. The word of the Security Council is law, NOT Kofi.

Care to read Security Council Resolutions 678 and 1441 again? Kofi can say what he wants, but the rest of us can read too, and what you claim he says and what is written in the legally binding resolutions passed by the Security Council are NOT one and the same.

Ignorance is a bad thing. Ignorance and an Internet Connection is dangerous. You seem to fit the later statement Billo.
You admitted he IS the spokesperson for the UN. So, if nothing else, it makes his opinion weigh much more than yours. Because you are NOT the spokesperson for the UN. Your not even close.

I've posted several sources that say your interpretation of 678 and 1441 is grade school stuff. Try again, maybe your luck will change.

nefarious_plot said:

I really don't think this is about having true convictions. Lots of people in the US have convictions. They're not camped out in front of Pres. Bush's ranch. Think about the message he would be sending if he met with her. Every nutball with a cause would start camping on his door step, waiting for their meeting. He is the president of the United State. It is not practical for him to have meetings with every person who has a problem. Quite honestly, we elected him to do better things with his time.

Interesting that you don't refute a single fact that I posted!

You are giving me enough material to keep me until the typhoon comes.
Hey, that could be a mini-series, "Typhoon and the Tai-foole", catchy.......I like it.

Quite honestly, we elected him to do better things with his time.

He sure knows how to spend it. To be quite honest, I hope he will meet her because she will embarrass him and maybe thats just what we need to get people to think a little.

Billo_Really said:
I've posted several sources that say your interpretation of 678 and 1441 is grade school stuff. Try again, maybe your luck will change.

Try actually reading an international legal journal or a journal of foreign affairs rather than amateurish Internet liberal hack sites. There you will see what true scholars have to say about the resolutions.

Once again, you show your lack of knowledge about how the Security Council works and your inability to comprehend the English language, as evidenced by your lack of understanding of the language of the two Security Council resolutions.

Billo_Really said:
Hey, that could be a mini-series, "Typhoon and the Tai-foole", catchy.......I like it.

There is a typhoon coming that may make Katrina look like a summer thundershower by the time it gets here, and you want to make jokes about it? I will make sure to translate it, send it to friends in Hualien and Ilan and they can send you the hate mail.

Try actually reading an international legal journal or a journal of foreign affairs rather than amateurish Internet liberal hack sites. There you will see what true scholars have to say about the resolutions.

Once again, you show your lack of knowledge about how the Security Council works and your inability to comprehend the English language, as evidenced by your lack of understanding of the language of the two Security Council resolutions.
Talk to the hand!

FinnMacCool said:
He sure knows how to spend it. To be quite honest, I hope he will meet her because she will embarrass him and maybe thats just what we need to get people to think a little.

Huh, okay let me rephrase. He should be doing better things. He can't meet with her. It's out of the question. There's no way his aides would let him do it. Not that I wouldn't like to see Bush embarrassed, but I don't blame them. The president can not be seen as caving in to a person just because they really, really want to meet with him. There are way to many people in this country with their own little problems that they think the president should address. It's not practical for him to meet with all of them.

Billo_Really said:
Talk to the hand!

So typical of the ignorant. When he is being educated, he doesn't want to listen. So, do you ever read anything that isn't on a liberal hack website?

Still waiting about the Pantagraph!?!?!?

:laughat: :2rofll:

Your "argument", as usual, is :sinking:

:smash:

Back
Top Bottom