• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Sheehan?

How do you feel about Mrs. Sheehans recent actions?

• Sympathetic

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Proud

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Angry

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Other

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
Originally posted by jamesrage:
If her son was pissed off about Iraq then why on earth did he re-up?Why earth would he even join the Army if he was such a chicken **** anti-war liberal?
Military equals the strong possibility of going to war.I knew this when I signed my name on the dotted line.I knew that when I joined up for infantry I could get sent to war for any reason.He knew this as well.He was not under some retarded delusion that he would never be sent anywhere to fight for any reason.

DO you know that when you join the military you could go to war for any reason?Apparently I have to ask such a retarded question because there are morons who do not know this.MILITARY EQUALS WAR.
Did you also know that it is a soldiers right to refuse illegal orders?

Depends on what exactly the military and congress congress considers illegal.What a stupid idiot would call illegal is not what the military would call illegal.

Originally posted by jamesrage:
Depends on what exactly the military and congress congress considers illegal.What a stupid idiot would call illegal is not what the military would call illegal.
Attacking a sovereign nation that did nothing to you and in violation of International Law, is illegal!

Attacking a sovereign nation that did nothing to you and in violation of International Law, is illegal!

According to every idiot out there.

Billo_Really said:

You do know Billo that Sheehans son reenlisted in the military to go to Iraq don't you? Futhermore, he volunteered for the mission he was on when he died.

In all actuality, in accordance with her family's reaction to her actions and the evidence of her sons devotion to this country and it's interests, it's more than likely that he would strongly disagree with her stance.

I think the death of her son has mentally disturbed her to tell you the truth. He died for the glory of his country. He had honor, and valor. And she should have pride in his death and cause. No matter what made her son go into the war or made him die. He gave his life, for her to have hers.

Billo_Really said:
No, her son is pissed-off right now because he died in vain over bad, war mongering Americans!
And the seance he told you this was...?

Originally posted by Batman:
And the seance he told you this was...?
It wasn't a "...seance...", it was an email!

Originally posted by Ghost:
I think the death of her son has mentally disturbed her to tell you the truth. He died for the glory of his country. He had honor, and valor. And she should have pride in his death and cause. No matter what made her son go into the war or made him die. He gave his life, for her to have hers.
He didn't give his life. It was taken from him. I'm sure he was not out their going, "Kill me for my country!" His life wasn't given for this war, it was taken by this war.

Billo_Really said:
He didn't give his life. It was taken from him. I'm sure he was not out their going, "Kill me for my country!" His life wasn't given for this war, it was taken by this war.

Eh eh. It was taken by an enemy that he chose to fight on a mission he volunteered to be on, when his comrades needed him. That distinction means alot.

Originally Posted by VTA:
Eh eh. It was taken by an enemy that he chose to fight on a mission he volunteered to be on, when his comrades needed him. That distinction means alot.
I can agree with you on this point.

ghost said:

oh dear god that is a load of crap, Iraq threatened us in no way so dont start with the boo hoo american valor spew

Billo_Really said:
No, her son is pissed-off right now because he died in vain over bad, war mongering Americans!

While you have your tinfoil hat on please find out who really shot Kennedy.

Thanks

:rolleyes:

I answered other on the poll...........If you would have posted this poll a couple of days ago I would have probably answered angry...

My opinion has changed.........I am very sympathetic for her loss but it has gone far past that now.......The left wing whacko left Bush Haters have gotten a hold of her brainwashed her and are using her as a dupe for their left wing radical agenda..........
She is now giving aid and comfort to the enemy........

I actually pity her.........

Last edited:
Originally posted by Sirhan Sirhan.......I mean Navy Pride:
The left wing whacko left Bush Haters have gotten a hold of her brainwashed her and are using her as a dupe for their left wing radical agenda..........
If you go back to Post #20 of this thread, you can read what Cindy has to say herself about your accusation. Basically calling you a liar. At least that is my take on it.

Billo_Really said:
If you go back to Post #20 of this thread, you can read what Cindy has to say herself about your accusation. Basically calling you a liar. At least that is my take on it.

That is fine, she can say anything she wants....That does not make it so......Go back and read her statement at SF State Univ on 27 April 2005

Originally posted by Navy Pride:
That is fine, she can say anything she wants....That does not make it so......Go back and read her statement at SF State Univ on 27 April 2005
So your saying she is being polluted by the left. She says no one puts words in her mouth and she speaks for herself. And your saying that isn't necessarily so.

OK. I'll buy that. You're right, it doesn't mean it is true.

My take is, either way, her polluted or her speaks for herself, I say, so what! Big fuuking deal. It doesn't make them lies either.

Billo_Really said:
So your saying she is being polluted by the left. She says no one puts words in her mouth and she speaks for herself. And your saying that isn't necessarily so.

OK. I'll buy that. You're right, it doesn't mean it is true.

My take is, either way, her polluted or her speaks for herself, I say, so what! Big fuuking deal. It doesn't make them lies either.

Did you ever ask yourself why the things she is saying now are 180 out of what she was saying after she met with President Bush?

Aw never mind Billo I know you haven't.........Anything is fair game as long as it trashes the President right?

Last edited:
Did you ever ask yourself why the things she is saying now are 180 out
of what she was saying after she met with President Bush?
She said met with the President when she was still morning the death of her son.
And now with a clearer mind, she has a few questions.

Haven't you ever been in a situation, when a little while later, separated from the event,
you had a chance to re-think things, you changed your mind on an issue.

Aw never mind Billo I know you haven't.........Anything is fair game as
long as it trashes the President right?
No, it's not. It's not OK to trash our President just for the sake of trashing him. It is not right.
And should not be encouraged. However, confusing trashing with protesting his policies, are
two different things. I don't hate Bush as a person. I don't hate him at all.
I am not in favor
of his foreign policy, domestic policy and pretty much his entire Presidency. Which I find to be obscene.

He has declared war on Americans. He is selling us out with all these contracts to Halliburton.
He's bringing back most of the guys that were convicted in Iran-Contra Hearings.
I don't think he has what it takes to do the job he was hired to do.
He's arrogant, secretive and made the US the most hated nation on earth.

He has brought a lot of this on himself. Like saying a country with barely running water or electricity
was a threat to us.

I want you to look at these pictures closely.
Do these people, or that country, look like they have the
technology to attack us 8,000 miles away?

iraq0966ja.jpg

iraq1174nc.jpg

iraq0129vc.jpg

iraq0063ps.jpg

This is the country that was such a threat? C'mon,
Navy Pride, I know your not dumb. I know, you know better.

Come on Billo, she met the President a year after her son died and she had nothing but praise for him........I mean she is not a little against President Bush now.......Its about pulling the troops out immediately.......Israel....Not paying her taxes............Oh and check out her statement at SF State in April......You don't even hear mainstreams dems speaking up in her defense....No matter how the liberal media try and make her a martyr she is becoming a very pathetic figure.........I don't have any proof of this but I would not be surprised if her mother is not even sick........

No, it's not. It's not OK to trash our President just for the sake of trashing him. It is not right.
And should not be encouraged. However, confusing trashing with protesting his policies, are
two different things. I don't hate Bush as a person. I don't hate him at all.
I am not in favor
of his foreign policy, domestic policy and pretty much his entire Presidency. Which I find to be obscene.

He has declared war on Americans. He is selling us out with all these contracts to Halliburton.
He's bringing back most of the guys that were convicted in Iran-Contra Hearings.
I don't think he has what it takes to do the job he was hired to do.
He's arrogant, secretive and made the US the most hated nation on earth.

He has brought a lot of this on himself. Like saying a country with barely running water or electricity
was a threat to us.

Boy, where do I start?

1. Foreign Policy, war on terrorism. we have not had and attack on this country in almost 4 years.........On 9/12/01 I would have figured we would have and attack every week or so........

2. Domestic, Lets see.......inflation is almost 0.........Unemployment is at 5% the lowest in 20 years (even lower then under Clinton) Home ownership is the highest ever............Housing construction is booming.......Dow is fine.......Tax cuts were great (did you send your refund back:lol: )

3. Iraq........I never thought that would be easy......Wars are not........I just wish the Liberal press would print some of the good things going on there like Oil production is at the same level it was out prior to the war.........schools are being built.........Saddam is history....I don't know if he had WOMD or not but if he did, one thing for sure he will never use them.....But most of all I still remember those people coming out of those voting booths proudly raising their fingers to show they voted even though to vote they risked their life......8 million strong, more then we have here vote and we are not under threat od death......

I think you know I am a Vietnam war vet and we cut and run there and millions of Vietnamese and Cambodians were murdered plus 58,000 Americans (6 were friends of mine) died for nothing............We must not make the same mistake in Iraq...........

I have my differences with President Bush but when it comes to Iraq and Afghanistan I back him 100%.........He is a president who does not get up in the morning and look at the polls to decide his positions......I like that..........

Last edited:
Boy, where do I start?

1. Foreign Policy, war on terrorism. we have not had and attack on this country in almost 4 years.........On 9/12/01 I would have figured we would have and attack every week or so........

2. Domestic, Lets see.......inflation is almost 0.........Unemployment is at 5% the lowest in 20 years (even lower then under Clinton) Home ownership is the highest ever............Housing construction is booming.......Dow is fine.......Tax cuts were great (did you send your refund back )

3. Iraq........I never thought that would be easy......Wars are not........I just wish the Liberal press would print some of the good things going on there like Oil production is at the same level it was out prior to the war.........schools are being built.........Saddam is history....I don't know if he had WOMD or not but if he did, one thing for sure he will never use them.....But most of all I still remember those people coming out of those voting booths proudly raising their fingers to show they voted even though to vote they risked their life......8 million strong, more then we have here vote and we are not under threat od death......

I think you know I am a Vietnam war vet and we cut and run there and millions of Vietnamese and Cambodians were murdered plus 58,000 Americans (6 were friends of mine) died for nothing............We must not make the same mistake in Iraq...........

I have my differences with President Bush but when it comes to Iraq and Afghanistan I back him 100%.........He is a president who does not get up in the morning and look at the polls to decide his positions......I like that..........
I have very strong feelings for the way Vietnam Vets were treated when they came back. They deserved better than what they got. Much better.

I'm all for construction being up. That's what puts food on my table.

Thanks for the Clinton reference without taking the complimentary cheap shot.

I have very strong feelings for the way Vietnam Vets were treated when they came back. They deserved better than what they got. Much better.

I often wonder how the scumbags in the anti-war crowd will treat our troops once they come home.

Billo_Really said:
I want you to look at these pictures closely.
Do these people, or that country, look like they have the
technology to attack us 8,000 miles away?
I don't think anyone ever thought they were going to be sending an invading army of millions into America. But we know saddam supported terrorists, we had intelligence that was telling us he wanted to obtain nukes, we knew he was willing to use weapons of mass destruction (he gased his own people), we knew he was willing to attack and invade surrounding countries in the middle east, and we knew about the horrible way he treated his own people.

I have no idea how stupid you are, but come on.

The pathetic and desperate attempts at slandering this women by Bush fanatics indicate how much an impact she is having.

She is exercising here right as an American, Her freedom. Those supporting this war claim its for freedom, yet they consistantly show they want to take freedom away from AMERICAN's.

Back
Top Bottom