• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sex Abuse in Catholic Church: Over 1,900 Minors Abused in Illinois, State Says

Incredibly sad. But it is good to see such a dedicated investigation. Without the hard work of these investigators the church would have happily swept these (and has been for decades) cases under the rug.
The priests will be ok. I’m sure they’ll make it to heaven just fine. What the hell is wrong with the Catholic Church? What a sick bunch of phonies!

Indeed, and the "royalty" got their money - how? By taxing the people (who couldn't afford to buy their way out of paying the taxes).
So in exactly the same way modern states finance themselves today?
And the "other people" were - who? The rich (who got their money because they purchased the protection of the royalty and extracted every sou they could from the peasants.
No one cares about your theory of capital Karl Marx
And they donated to "The Church" - why? In order to ensure that they had purchased salvation. (Donald John Trump {BBHN} had nothing on the Popes.)
🙄

Watching a tradcath monarchist defend the Vatican's decades-long cover-up of child sex trafficking with boring obfuscation and arguments from Strobel has convinced me that there is a god and it desperately wants to be put out of its agony.

So they’re not proven claims

I have plenty of times. In this case though these reports are usually connected with a political demand for atheism and repression of religious people, and if you bring up how studies have shown this same behavior is far more prevelant in public education, same behavior, people like you are not in the mood for any form of condemnation
Nonsense, and you know it! Catholic clergy have been abusing those who placed their trust in them for decades. All you can do is whine 'prove it' or suggest cases are 'historical' as if it makes any difference. Read, learn:

So long as the parishioners keep paying for that priceless art.
The Vatican State has some $73 billion in assets. Vatican State population? 825 in 2019. Eight hundred, twenty five...

The Vatican State has some $73 billion in assets. Vatican State population? 825 in 2019. Eight hundred, twenty five.
A literal corporate theocracy. Papa isn't just top hierophant; he's also CEO. And maybe the largest landowner on the planet.

What could go wrong?

A literal corporate theocracy. Papa isn't just top hierophant; he's also CEO. And maybe the largest landowner on the planet.

What could go wrong?
A poster complained about 'historical' cases not being relevant. Remember the Reichskonkordat deal the then Pope made with Hitler and the Nazi regime?
And people still want to support and defend this hypocritical 'religious' corporation.
Disclaimer; I am a former Catholic.

Last edited:
And this is the direction that the Texas GOP has decided to go in. How long before someone in these ranks hit the headlines for their pedo practices?

The priests will be ok. I’m sure they’ll make it to heaven just fine.
Of course they will. On their deathbed they will say something like "You know those 300 kids I sexually molested? Well, I repent having done that so now I can die in a state free of sin and join Jesus in Heaven."
What the hell is wrong with the Catholic Church? What a sick bunch of phonies!
Your question is, I am sure, directed at the INSTITUTIONAL RCC (or the "RCC Inc." as I like to call it). And the answer is

"Absolutely nothing. The RCC Inc. is merely acting so as to maximize profits and minimize risks like any other well run profit making enterprise is run.".​

So in exactly the same way modern states finance themselves today?
Almost. In those days the general population had no say in the choice of who the royalty was going to be. In fact, there generally wasn't any "choice" to be made at all and when there was a "choice" that "choice" was almost invariably made by a small cabal of rich people most of whom the general population had never heard of.

This, of course, is totally different from today's situation in the United States of America where the general population gets go choose from a list of potential rulers that has been compiled by a small cabal of rich people, most of whom the general population has never heard of.
No one cares about your theory of capital Karl Marx
You do know that an accurate description of reality is NOT a "theory"?

Almost. In those days the general population had no say in the choice of who the royalty was going to be.
So what?
In fact, there generally wasn't any "choice" to be made at all and when there was a "choice" that "choice" was almost invariably made by a small cabal of rich people most of whom the general population had never heard of.
So what?
This, of course, is totally different from today's situation in the United States of America where the general population gets go choose from a list of potential rulers that has been compiled by a small cabal of rich people, most of whom the general population has never heard of.

You do know that an accurate description of reality is NOT a "theory"?
You clearly are using a fake version of history which is made to justify modern left politics

Nonsense, and you know it! Catholic clergy have been abusing those who placed their trust in them for decades. All you can do is whine 'prove it' or suggest cases are 'historical' as if it makes any difference. Read, learn:
In the US public school teachers abuse children at rate 100x higher and teachers unions conspire to cover up allegations and move accused teachers

So what?

So what?

You clearly are using a fake version of history which is made to justify modern left politics
Oh ****. You of all people suggesting fake history. MTG is that you?

In the US public school teachers abuse children at rate 100x higher and teachers unions conspire to cover up allegations and move accused teachers
There are around 4,007,908 teachers in the US public school system. There are around 37,302 RC priests in the US. If the "teachers" are abusing children at 100 times the number of children that RC priests are abusing children, that would mean that the "teachers" were abusing at only 93.07% that the "priests" are.

And, of course, since those teachers haven't been convicted that means that they are **I*N*N*O*C*E*N*T** and that means that the alleged abuse never happened (just like the alleged abuse by "priests" who weren't convicted never happened).

They do? Let's see your evidence because I don't believe you.
I’ve cited the study multiple times, you can look it up, and chances are I’ve already cited it for you in the past and you’ve ignored it.

I would have noticed. Cite it again.
Quite likely he is referring to "Public School Teachers 100 Times More Likely To Abuse Kids Than Catholic Priests" which is a really fun read. If you follow his logic, then around 440% of all teachers are abusing children since 4.4% of all Priests are abusing children.

The hilarity just gets better from there (especially since the article doesn't actually provide any links to anything that actually looks like actual data (only to other sites that make the same self-referential claims).

Back
Top Bottom