• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sex Abuse in Catholic Church: Over 1,900 Minors Abused in Illinois, State Says

Why does the US government? Universities? Most of it was given to them for to preserve, or because parishioners wanted to decorate churches.
I always ask....what would Jesus do?

Would he have a palace filled with priceless art?

Or would he sell it and feed the poor?

Jesus comes down from heaven and sees his church has palaces filled with priceless art and protected pedophiles for decades

And says.....

Hey guys when did I ever say to do THAT stuff?

What I don't understand is if the church cares about the poor why does it have palaces full of priceless art?
Nearly all of which was paid for by royalty or other people and donated to the church

I don’t think you’ve really seriously asked that ever
Yeah, what do you think the temple in Jerusalem was?
Did he sell the temple?

You’re being silly and juvenile. It’s clear you’ve engaged in no real state of Christ, and your view of him comes from people with “Jesus was a communist” bumper stickers

Did he sell the temple?
Jesus never had a temple in Jerusalem

That was for jews.

He formed a new religion without temples

Did he sell the temple?

You’re being silly and juvenile. It’s clear you’ve engaged in no real state of Christ, and your view of him comes from people with “Jesus was a communist” bumper stickers
I see. Jesus loved riches and jewels and palaces and priceless art

Hahahahaha

I see you dodged the question there. :)

He would probably keep promises to protect artwork entrusted to his care. He also wouldn't go on a discussion forum and gaslight people.

I see you dodged the question there. :)

He would probably keep promises to protect artwork entrusted to his care. He also wouldn't go on a discussion forum and gaslight people.
Really? He wouldn't sell it to feed the poor?

Tell me you are kidding!

lol. Nope. Again, I'm happy to discuss the topic. You are avoiding the issue.
LOL, what the **** do you think we're discussing? The topic is literally "Sex Abuse in Catholic Church"

You are the one having issues discussing this topic. I think because it hits a bit close to home with you, no?

LOL, what the **** do you think we're discussing? The topic is literally "Sex Abuse in Catholic Church"

You are the one having issues discussing this topic. I think because it hits a bit close to home with you, no?
More deflection and gaslighting. I'll give you one more response.

It is about the report on 'sex abuse' in Illinois by the state's AG.

It is not about LGBTQ issues, priests in dresses, artwork, abuses in the middle ages, current sex abuse, the pope, reparations to abuse victims, or the many other rabbit trails pushed here.

More deflection and gaslighting. I'll give you one more response.

It is about the report on 'sex abuse' in Illinois by the state's AG.

It is not about LGBTQ issues, priests in dresses, artwork, abuses in the middle ages, current sex abuse, the pope, reparations to abuse victims, or the many other rabbit trails pushed here.

Just as i though, you've got nothing. run along to your church and pray for you sins or something

And it could feed a lot of hungry people if sold.
So what? You would at best feed a tiny portion of “hungry people” one meal and all the greatest art of western civilization would turn to private hands with no access guarantee
But the pope likes to look at them
So do the hundreds of millions of people from all around the world who visit every year.

I see. Jesus loved riches and jewels and palaces and priceless art

Hahahahaha
You’re claiming he doesn’t and you haven’t provided any proof of that claim

Obviously God (of which Jesus is part) had demanded his followers build a temple which was to be adorned with riches and precious medals and incense, the high priest wore a breast plate full of jewels, etc

And these customs were never condemned by Christ on earth.

You’re claiming he doesn’t and you haven’t provided any proof of that claim

Obviously God (of which Jesus is part) had demanded his followers build a temple which was to be adorned with riches and precious medals and incense, the high priest wore a breast plate full of jewels, etc

And these customs were never condemned by Christ on earth.
lol someone that believes in the jesus asking for proof.

man, all you have to do is "believe" who the **** needs proof?

lol someone that believes in the jesus asking for proof.

man, all you have to do is "believe" who the **** needs proof?
We have 4 named testimonies to the life of Jesus Christ. More is written down about the life of Christ then multiple Roman emperors

We have 4 named testimonies to the life of Jesus Christ. More is written down about the life of Christ then multiple Roman emperors
This is, of course, utterly wrong. Caesar wrote more in The Gallic War than all four "gospels".

This is, of course, utterly wrong. Caesar wrote more in The Gallic War than all four "gospels".
Can you provide one written testimony to the life of Silbannacus?

Back
Top Bottom