• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sex Abuse in Catholic Church: Over 1,900 Minors Abused in Illinois, State Says

Who the **** cares? Your point was, is, and will always be vulgar apologism with a side of rubbish.
Well you evidently care because you have such a hostile reaction to this

Well if you have the writings you’d be hero to historians everywhere because no one has them. There is plenty of known historical figures with less contemporary evidence of their existence then Christ

Think man
In other words, the writings were lost. How are you not getting this?

Brain. Use.

No, it's a report on institutionalized sex abuse and institutionalized cover up of sexual abuse of minors in the catholic church in Illinois.
Which is.... essentially what I said, but more verbose.

Which is.... essentially what I said, but more verbose.
No, it isn't, as anyone can read for themselves. You made no mention of the church or the cover up or the institutionalization. Which, of course, was by design. Which is why I felt compelled to correct your half truths.

You’re claiming he doesn’t and you haven’t provided any proof of that claim

Obviously God (of which Jesus is part) had demanded his followers build a temple which was to be adorned with riches and precious medals and incense, the high priest wore a breast plate full of jewels, etc

And these customs were never condemned by Christ on earth.
No he did not

No, it isn't, as anyone can read for themselves. You made no mention of the church or the cover up or the institutionalization. Which, of course, was by design. Which is why I felt compelled to correct your half truths.
lol. It was a quick response, and I guess 'church' was implied. I'll spell it out next time. It's also very much a historical perspective, going back 7 decades,

Did you miss the whole part about what it is not?

lol. It was a quick response, and I guess 'church' was implied. I'll spell it out next time. It's also very much a historical perspective, going back 7 decades,

Did you miss the whole part about what it is not?
No, I ignored it. As will everyone else.

This topic incidentally highlights the fraud of the bigots on the march against the gay and trans community.

No, I ignored it. As will everyone else.

This topic incidentally highlights the fraud of the bigots on the march against the gay and trans community.
Sure. I expect you to go off topic and throw mud. But I gave you a courteous response anyway. Silly me.

The acts of the priests and the hierarchy might still be unknown if it wasn't for the persistence of a Minnesota attorney, Jeff Anderson, who, in the 1980's, tried the first case of sexual abuse by a priest and the resultant cover-up. The plaintiffs were persuaded to not settle but to make the case public. Anderson was rightly convinced that, if these cases were not made public through a public trial, the Catholic Church would continue to do nothing but settle them, confidentially, and that the church needed to face public scrutiny and shame if anything was to change. Anderson was one of my heroes back then. Here's a synopsis of his career: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Anderson_(attorney)

There's a post with an extra side of stupid. Well done, you had some stiff competition too.

"BUH BUH BUH CATHOLICS WERE LIBRULZ WHEN DEY WUZ FIDDLIN DA KIDZ!"

Since when did liberals become anti choice?

The catholic church is one of the largest anti choice organizations in our nation. They start grooming children about it in grade school. I know. I went to a catholic school the year Roe V. Wade was ruled by the Supreme Court when I was in 7th grade. From that day on, everyday several times a day we were told life begins at conception, that if there's any problem with the pregnancy that the woman should die and the child should live. It was told to every student in every grade. The school went from first grade up to eighth.

catholic women who still practice the religion but are pro choice and use birth control, don't talk about it in the church because it isn't accepted for women to even use both control.

I know many former catholics who are liberal but they woke up and realized the grooming the church did on them and never returned to the church.

What does political affiliation have to do with the centuries of abuse of children by the catholic church?

Really? He wouldn't sell it to feed the poor?

Tell me you are kidding!

Jesus said for rich people to sell everything they have and give the money to the poor.

Apparently there are a lot of christians who didn't read the book of Matthew.

Including the catholic church.

Since when did liberals become anti choice?

The catholic church is one of the largest anti choice organizations in our nation. They start grooming children about it in grade school. I know. I went to a catholic school the year Roe V. Wade was ruled by the Supreme Court when I was in 7th grade. From that day on, everyday several times a day we were told life begins at conception, that if there's any problem with the pregnancy that the woman should die and the child should live. It was told to every student in every grade. The school went from first grade up to eighth.

catholic women who still practice the religion but are pro choice and use birth control, don't talk about it in the church because it isn't accepted for women to even use both control.

I know many former catholics who are liberal but they woke up and realized the grooming the church did on them and never returned to the church.

What does political affiliation have to do with the centuries of abuse of children by the catholic church?
Unless that's a rhetorical question you're asking the wrong poster.

Nearly all of which was paid for by royalty or other people and donated to the church
Indeed, and the "royalty" got their money - how? By taxing the people (who couldn't afford to buy their way out of paying the taxes).

And the "other people" were - who? The rich (who got their money because they purchased the protection of the royalty and extracted every sou they could from the peasants.

And they donated to "The Church" - why? In order to ensure that they had purchased salvation. (Donald John Trump {BBHN} had nothing on the Popes.)

Jesus never had a temple in Jerusalem

That was for jews.

He formed a new religion without temples
Actually Yeshua bar Yosef bin Nazaret was an observant Jew. In today's terminology, he was "Reform".

And, of course, it was Peter and the rest who actually formed the new religion.

Back
Top Bottom