• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Several people injured in shooting at Florida gay club[W:133:159:195:317]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Several people injured in shooting at Florida gay club

It usually take 24-36 before any solid information comes out.

My thoughts are with the victims and family.

Finally ... a voice of reason!

Both are terror. A school shooting is as much terror as a car bomb or in this case a mass shooting in a gay club. Excusing some attacks with "oh he was sick in the head" is absolutely pathetic... they are all sick in the head to do such things.

As long as it's not done by a mentally ill person and is done due to political/religious reasoning then yes it's all terrorism.
A person massacring innocent people for their sexuality is a terrorist.

Current reports claim at least 20 dead and 60 injured. Horrible.

I do hope this thread doesn't decline into a semantic argument about meaning of the word 'terror'.

The questions in my mind are around issues such as: was it a crime committed by a single individual? Was the club targeted because it was a gay club? Did the perp gain admission through force or by avoiding security? Is everything now under control?

I don't much care if the attack was motivated by twisted religious, homophobic or political ideology, nor whether it was the action of someone (or multiple perps) with psychiatric issues.

It's a horrible incident and I'd like to think we could give it a few hours before bringing it into discussions of terrorism, gun control, immigration or other controversial topics.

I do hope this thread doesn't decline into a semantic argument about meaning of the word 'terror'.

The questions in my mind are around issues such as: was it a crime committed by a single individual? Was the club targeted because it was a gay club? Did the perp gain admission through force or by avoiding security? Is everything now under control?

I don't much care if the attack was motivated by twisted religious, homophobic or political ideology, nor whether it was the action of someone (or multiple perps) with psychiatric issues.

It's a horrible incident and I'd like to think we could give it a few hours before bringing it into discussions of terrorism, gun control, immigration or other controversial topics.

I would think that the questions will be answered in the next hours or days. At this time it is, as you say, a horrible incident. More we do not know.

Seems pretty early for the FBI to say they suspect Islamic terrorism. All I can think of is that they've identified the suspect, and he was on their radar prior to this incident.

The gag order is the result of a lack of accurate information. If the suspect is dead we may never know what was going on in his mind to cause this killing spree. I guess those of us without crystal balls will have to wait and see what the evidence says.

The gag order is the result of a lack of accurate information. If the suspect is dead we may never know what was going on in his mind to cause this killing spree. I guess those of us without crystal balls will have to wait and see what the evidence says.

Let's see... Muslim... Gays...

One of 2 things is my bet:

1. Intolerant Muslim terrorist.

2. Spurned lover.

Which do you think?

20 slaughtered.

Let's let more Muslims into the country, and let's not screen them or look at their social media.

The Religion of Peace strikes again.

As it was homosexuals, does it qualify as a hate crime?

Link that the attacker was a Muslim please??

20 slaughtered.

Let's let more Muslims into the country, and let's not screen them or look at their social media.

I wonder if gays will rethink their politics when they realize how the Muslim world treats them, and how they'll treat them in the US as their numbers rise.

20 slaughtered.

well yes we hsould let more mulsims into the country religion is free hear background checks and looking at what people post online publicly seems like a good idea though

I wonder if gays will rethink their politics when they realize how the Muslim world treats them, and how they'll treat them in the US as their numbers rise.

Doubt it.

Trump is the intolerant racist, bigot, homophobe.

Never mind he's the only one during the primaries who is hell bent on protecting the country from foreign invaders and enemies from coming here and doing harm.

well yes we hsould let more mulsims into the country religion is free hear background checks and looking at what people post online publicly seems like a good idea though

That's preposterous blarq.

Law enforcement doesn't have 24 hours a day to monitor the internet to guess which Muslims are extremist and which aren't. Your idea wouldn't change anything in terms of stopping attacks.

FBI has been told not to look at social media... That's been Obama administration policy. The moron.

And then this:

The Obama administration has created a “resettlement surge center” which has produced a pouring of 100 Syrian refugees in the U.S. per day. The very real risk to Americans – the lack of proper vetting of these individuals by the quick processing that is being done, almost all of them reported to be Muslims.
Obama Administration Surge Agenda Threatening U.S. With 100 Syrian Refugees Per Day

Doubt it.

Trump is the intolerant racist, bigot, homophobe.

Never mind he's the only one during the primaries who is hell bent on protecting the country from foreign invaders and enemies from coming here and doing harm.

Exactly man. Trump is the only candidate who is saying anything that will actually work. It's gotten so ridiculous in this country, that pro-refugee, pro-Muslim immigration people want us to accept that people will be killed in terror attacks every few weeks or months.

I guarantee that Hillary would do nothing to make us safer and stop these attacks.

FBI has been told not to look at social media... That's been Obama administration policy. The moron.

And then this:

The Obama administration has created a “resettlement surge center” which has produced a pouring of 100 Syrian refugees in the U.S. per day. The very real risk to Americans – the lack of proper vetting of these individuals by the quick processing that is being done, almost all of them reported to be Muslims.
Obama Administration Surge Agenda Threatening U.S. With 100 Syrian Refugees Per Day

well it certainly seems like foolish policy not to check social media for every one

taking in refuges is the right thing to do but holding them some place away from the general population till a background check can be ran seems like a good idea

Are another slaughter, you Yanks certainly know how to put on a good show with your crazy gun laws, on a score of one to ten I give it a 7, but I know some crazy will out do this one in the months to come

Yep, because this happens no where else in the world, just here.. :roll:

Paris attacks: What happened on the night - BBC News

That's preposterous blarq.

Law enforcement doesn't have 24 hours a day to monitor the internet to guess which Muslims are extremist and which aren't. Your idea wouldn't change anything in terms of stopping attacks.

sorry wrong poster

but seriously we cant monitor information about would be immigrants except for ther religion?

Let's see... Muslim... Gays...

One of 2 things is my bet:

1. Intolerant Muslim terrorist.

2. Spurned lover.

Which do you think?

I don't know.

Saddam Husein had ordered almost a million people killed and the media does not think he was a terrorist. This clown only killed 20.

Or are you a terrorist when it is politically advantageous to a particular party to push an agenda?:thumbs:

well it certainly seems like foolish policy not to check social media for every one

taking in refuges is the right thing to do but holding them some place away from the general population till a background check can be ran seems like a good idea

Keep them out until they've been cleared... And that after a full probe of 24 to 48-months, and then to the back of the line... Which could take a decade for them to get in.

There should be a freeze on Muslim immigration until we can get rid of illegal invaders and those who have overstayed their visas.

Well, I guess, if you want to strip the term "terror" of any meaning, you would want to call it terror, when a mentally challenged kid shoots a couple of his classmates.

It is clearly labeled a terrorist attack when one party is trying to push an agenda such as restricting our rights.

Exactly man. Trump is the only candidate who is saying anything that will actually work. It's gotten so ridiculous in this country, that pro-refugee, pro-Muslim immigration people want us to accept that people will be killed in terror attacks every few weeks or months.

I guarantee that Hillary would do nothing to make us safer and stop these attacks.

um no trying to stop attacks is good just making entire populations guilty over them based on ther religion is wrong

saving people from attacks is why we should let refuges in

interesting to see how the left reacts to this. since I give them no credit when it comes to learning things, I'd say they tow the party line, blame this on gun laws, ignore anything that points to the obvious(muslim extremism), and move on from there. Why would they suddenly wise up now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom