• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senator calls LGBTQ+ people 'filth,' says most don't want them here

j brown's body

"A Soros-backed animal"
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
:A state senator said during a public forum in Tahlequah that LGBTQ+ people are “filth,” and that he and his constituents don’t want them in “our state.” The panel at the Feb. 23 Legislative Update, sponsored by Tahlequah Area Chamber of Commerce, included State Rep. David Hardin, R-District 6; State Sen. Blake “Cowboy” Stephens, R-District 3; State Sen. Tom Woods, R-District 4; and State Sen. Dewayne Pemberton, R-District 9.

...Woods said that while his “heart goes out” regarding the teen’s death, he represents a constituency. “We are a Republican state – supermajority – in the House and Senate. I represent a constituency that doesn’t want that filth in Oklahoma,” Woods said. Several audience members clapped at his statement, while others appeared shocked.

“We are a religious state and we are going to fight it to keep that filth out of the state of Oklahoma because we are a Christian state – we are a moral state,” Woods said. “We want to lower taxes and let people be able to live and work and go to the faith they choose. We are a Republican state and I’m going to vote my district, and I’m going to vote my values, and we don’t want that in the state of Oklahoma.”

...Stephens said that as an educator, he had taken an oath to educate and not “indoctrinate” students. “We are there to educate our students, love and nurture them and help them to be successful,” Stephens said."

Link

Setting aside for a minute the example of the grotesque hate coming out of Christian Nationalism, are we to believe that acknowledging children for who they are is indoctrination, while denying them their identity is loving then and nurturing them?

:A state senator said during a public forum in Tahlequah that LGBTQ+ people are “filth,” and that he and his constituents don’t want them in “our state.” The panel at the Feb. 23 Legislative Update, sponsored by Tahlequah Area Chamber of Commerce, included State Rep. David Hardin, R-District 6; State Sen. Blake “Cowboy” Stephens, R-District 3; State Sen. Tom Woods, R-District 4; and State Sen. Dewayne Pemberton, R-District 9.

...Woods said that while his “heart goes out” regarding the teen’s death, he represents a constituency. “We are a Republican state – supermajority – in the House and Senate. I represent a constituency that doesn’t want that filth in Oklahoma,” Woods said. Several audience members clapped at his statement, while others appeared shocked.

“We are a religious state and we are going to fight it to keep that filth out of the state of Oklahoma because we are a Christian state – we are a moral state,” Woods said. “We want to lower taxes and let people be able to live and work and go to the faith they choose. We are a Republican state and I’m going to vote my district, and I’m going to vote my values, and we don’t want that in the state of Oklahoma.”

...Stephens said that as an educator, he had taken an oath to educate and not “indoctrinate” students. “We are there to educate our students, love and nurture them and help them to be successful,” Stephens said."

Link

Setting aside for a minute the example of the grotesque hate coming out of Christian Nationalism, are we to believe that acknowledging children for who they are is indoctrination, while denying them their identity is loving then and nurturing them?
Just so you know that was a thread about this posted earlier by CaughtInthe, and I already posted my rather strong views just half an hour ago.

Link

Yes, that is it exactly--it is pure evil. Using Christianity as an EXCUSE to celebrate the death of a child is evil.

There is no other word. It's not misinformed, disinformed, wrong-headed, etc. It's choosing to hate.

Evil.

OKLAHOMA?
New rankings Dec 2023 >> You might start worrying more about your hillbilly-shit state ranking than losing sleep over Gay people....

Crime & Corrections#44

Economy#37

Education#48

Health Care#48

Fiscal Stability#29

Infrastructure#30

Happiness factor #41

Let me make sure I understand what's going on here. So when a couple of people say negative things about a demographic group, those people and anyone of their faith are haters. Therefore we should hate all of them right back.

Is that how it works?

Let me make sure I understand what's going on here. So when a couple of people say negative things about a demographic group, those people and anyone of their faith are haters. Therefore we should hate all of them right back.

Is that how it works?

Tip for the new poster. Don't be lured the thread title to post in copycat threads. Go to the original!

Link

Where are the christians of dp hiding? Shouldn't y'all be coming forward to tell us this kind of thing is ok?

I'm sick of hearing christianity is under attack, especially from these hate filled folks. We are a republican state supermajority and we will RULE as we please.

Is that how it works?
According to this bigot, only conservative heterosexual Christians are welcome in his state, despite the US Constitution. He is also ignoring the teachings of Jesus, but that has never bothered conservative Christians. maybe it should bother them, when they arent wearing a sheet.

Is that how it works?

"A couple of people...?"

A political party.

Where are the christians of dp hiding? Shouldn't y'all be coming forward to tell us this kind of thing is ok?

I'm sick of hearing christianity is under attack, especially from these hate filled folks. We are a republican state supermajority and we will RULE as we please.

Sen. Tom Woods is clearly confused between religion and politics and is using his willful ignorance to the detriment of both.

Link

Wow..

Your question is waaaaaay too complex for Oklahoma.

(what is it about states that begin and end in a vowel? They're all right-wing nutbars)

First you use the word Acknowledge....it's waaaaay too many syllables. And then indoctrination, that's FIVE! Ease up friend!

At the end of the day I can't get worked up about this. Like I say its a state that begins and ends in a vowel. It's like my first wife. Don't try to understand just duck.

"A couple of people...?"

A political party.
I see. My summary was accurate, then. Group 'em all together and hate them all because some of them are haters.

That'll show 'em! Must be comforting to have such a deep feeling for ethics.

Sen. Tom Woods is clearly confused between religion and politics and is using his willful ignorance to the detriment of both.
This will end in either of two ways;

A) The GOP will condemn him.

or

B) He will become Trump's presumptive VP candidate.

BTW, The Nazis did the same thing. That is the origin of the pink triangle in the concentration camps.
Before the pink triangle became a worldwide symbol of gay power and pride, it was intended as a badge of shame. In Nazi Germany, a downward-pointing pink triangle was sewn onto the shirts of gay men in concentration camps—to identify and further dehumanize them. It wasn’t until the 1970s that activists would reclaim the symbol as one of liberation.

Homosexuality was technically made illegal in Germany in 1871, but it was rarely enforced until the Nazi Party took power in 1933. As part of their mission to racially and culturally “purify” Germany, the Nazis arrested thousands of LGBT individuals, mostly gay men, whom they viewed as degenerate.

Link

I have more of a problem with him saying that Oklahoma is a religious state no it is the first amendment is extremely clear about that.

Oklahoma's government is forbidden from declaring itself it religious state.

He can say it's a state with a lot of religious people in it but you can't use that as grounds to make laws because such was discriminate against people who are not in your religion.

I don't know why these people don't realize what the Constitution says he's supposedly a government official is he this incompetent?

This will end in either of two ways;

A) The GOP will condemn him.

or

B) He will become Trump's presumptive VP candidate.

BTW, The Nazis did the same thing. That is the origin of the pink triangle in the concentration camps.

The Trump GOP will in no way condemn him. Don't look for or expect churches and religious leaders to reference religion and ask WWJD. They won't.

Wood, less than 30 years old, with little life experience, feels empowered knowing he represents the views of God fearing Oklahomans. Trumpublicans will no doubt be pleased with his position.

Trump could quite possibly appoint him to a federal position if Trump becomes president. Maybe Trump will appoint him to a position in homeland security where his homophobia can be put to use alienating and denying the equal rights of Americans that are LGBTQ+ and/or people who are non-white, female, poor, disabled, aged, atheist, Muslim, Jewish or Catholic or liberal and force them to live in concentration camps. You know, for their own protection. 🤫

Link

So what he's saying is that dead children is an necessary cost to drive the LGBTQ+ filth out of Oklahoma.

Then in an event of monumental irony, claims that they should be able to do this because as a religious Christian Republican moral state, they want to be able to live, work, and be religious as they choose.

*clutches head as brain somehow develops pain receptors and starts hurting*

The Trump GOP will in no way condemn him. Don't look for or expect churches and religious leaders to reference religion and ask WWJD. They won't.

Wood, less than 30 years old, with little life experience, feels empowered knowing he represents the views of God fearing Oklahomans. Trumpublicans will no doubt be pleased with his position.

Trump could quite possibly appoint him to a federal position if Trump becomes president. Maybe Trump will appoint him to a position in homeland security where his homophobia can be put to use alienating and denying the equal rights of Americans that are LGBTQ+ and/or people who are non-white, female, poor, disabled, aged, atheist, Muslim, Jewish or Catholic or liberal and force them to live in concentration camps. You know, for their own protection. 🤫
Republicans won't commit even though what he said is not constitutional.

But Democrats will only condemn it because he's a Republican.

You shouldn't look to either one of these parties as a bastion of American values. They should be seen as servants to it.

Republicans won't commit even though what he said is not constitutional.

But Democrats will only condemn it because he's a Republican.

You shouldn't look to either one of these parties as a bastion of American values. They should be seen as servants to it.

Aren't you one of those fellows who feels transgenders don't really exist, that its a mental illness, or something?

Aren't you one of those fellows who feels transgenders don't really exist, that its a mental illness, or something?
No they exist. Gender dysphoria is not something I think is a mental illness it most certainly is.

That doesn't mean people should be treated poorly.

CLAX also claims to be gay but somehow he still votes republican. This still isn't clear enough to him that the GOP doesn't support his existence.

He is arguing in another thread that gender idneity doesn't exist, its impossible to misgender someone and nonbinary people are just about fashion.

YCFS.

If

Is that how it works?
If one uses the word “filth” to describe a demographic group, yes.

Back
Top Bottom