• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senator calls LGBTQ+ people 'filth,' says most don't want them here

The decision to treat gender disphoria like a disease and the people with it like they're broken and need to be fixed?

I guess I'm just not that much of a bigot
Nope.

The decision whether an individual who is transitioning receives medical treatment is left to the individual and his/her physician(s).

It's no one else's business.

Or let them make these decisions for children?
What decisions?

Be specific about the medical treatments you are talking about.

Also, specify what ages you are talking about.

so it's a disease that needs to be treated.

If the person is to survive it must be treated.
If you have gender dysphoria you absolutely must get these treatments and if you don't you're just going to kill yourself right that's what you want me to believe?
You are at a very high risk of suicide or an addiction if you try to self medicate the feelings away. 50% will attempt suicide in a decade.

What do you think that gender dysphoria means?
I guess I just don't have as much of a problem with effeminent men and masculine women as you do.
Gender expression is not the same as gender identity. Severe gender incongruent gender identity is what gender dysphoria is.

Who told you that effeminate men and butch lesbians have gender dysphoria, and why did you believe them? I do not have a problem. Effeminate men and butch females are not necessarily transgender.

Holy shiditskis. :mad:

Last edited:
Puberty blockers and hrt
Those are obviously prescription medications, so they are considered after a diagnosis is made by Drs and psychologists. All medication is voluntary in the US.

If the person is to survive it must be treated.
Prove 100% of people suffering from GD die if they don't have puberty blockers.
You are at a very high risk of suicide or an addiction if you try to self medicate the feelings away. 50% will attempt suicide in a decade.
it was very high suicidality among all transgenders. Regardless of whether they had so called treatment or not.
What do you think that gender dysphoria means?
The state of being or dissatisfied with gender.
Gender expression is not the same as gender dysphoria.
this isn't the 1950s. You're not required to perform in any way based on your gender. If you male you can be straight gay bi or none of the above, you can wear dresses or tutus. It's okay you don't need to mess with your secondary sexual characters to do it.

We moved passed this.

I think you're talking about transsexualism. You seem to confuse that with transgender.
I do not have a problem. Effeminate men and butch lesbians are not necessarily transgender. Holy shiditskis.
Them you can not perfume gender stereotypes without being trans, so what is gender identity and transition for?

Why does it focus strictly on sexual characteristics?

Those are obviously prescription medications, so they are considered after a diagnosis is made by Drs and psychologists. All medication is voluntary in the US.
We're talking about kids who aren't quite physical and make rash decisions and this is why we don't let them drive cars or vote or get tattoos or drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes or go to strip clubs.

A tattoo does less damage than puberty blockers so why wouldn't you let on 9 year old get us whiz to get tattooed on his forehead but you let him take drugs that would essentially deny him puberty?

Under 18.
Parental consent.

You know, of course - because you're choosing to comment on this topic, which you wouldn't do unless you had at least basic information about it - that this isn't done on a whim. That years of counselling/evaluation precede medical intervention. That many "socially transition" prior to medical treatment.

Last edited:
We're talking about kids who aren't quite physical and make rash decisions and this is why we don't let them drive cars or vote or get tattoos or drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes or go to strip clubs.

A tattoo does less damage than puberty blockers so why wouldn't you let on 9 year old get us whiz to get tattooed on his forehead but you let him take drugs that would essentially deny him puberty?
We're talking about PARENTS' giving consent. We're talking about years of psychological eval/counselling.

Many kids socially transition for years before undergoing medical treatment.

We're talking about peoples' lives. Their right to be who they know themselves to be.

No one says this is as simple as ear-piercing.

How many times do you I need to tell you that a child or teen doesn't make the diagnosis? The diagnosis for a trans child or teen is often 90 days or even 6 months for a child. During this time they can socially transition. Do you not read my posts and the many links that I have provided.

Do you have any clue about what the necessary criteria for a diagnosis of gender identity or gender dysphoria is?
See above. I am tired of explaining this to you over and over and you not bothering to read what I say.

They would pause the tween/teen of beginning puberty in the wrong gender. The treatment team does not stop puberty permanently. Blockers are used for a very short period if they are used at all, and then HRT and anti-androgens are used to given so the begins teen a puberty in the correct sex for their gender identity if the teen is diagnosed to be transgender and/or with gender dysphoria. Obviously they would not be given if the teen does not meet the diagnosing criteria.

Holy frick :rolleyes:

How about the word, "deplorables"?
Bad. Not quite as bad as filth, but dumb - if you mean Hillary’s use of it. What was she thinking, or was she unconsciously predicting Jan6? As much as I despise Trump’s politics, love that the GOP had a “Deplorables Ball” at his inaugural.

If

If one uses the word “filth” to describe a demographic group, yes.
Wowsers! So your acceptable level for identifying group characteristics is ONE individual? I'll give you props for being committed. But none for rationality.

Bad. Not quite as bad as filth, but dumb - if you mean Hillary’s use of it. What was she thinking, or was she unconsciously predicting Jan6? As much as I despise Trump’s politics, love that the GOP had a “Deplorables Ball” at his inaugural.
One riot at the Capitol that really wasn't that bad compared to 8 months of riots were more than 30 people died it's very clear he's deplorables are if we're going to call anybody that.

One riot at the Capitol that really wasn't that bad compared to 8 months of riots were more than 30 people died it's very clear he's deplorables are if we're going to call anybody that.

Trying to overturn a free and fair election is pretty bad.

How many times do you I need to tell you that a child or teen doesn't make the diagnosis? The diagnosis for a trans child or teen is often 90 days or even 6 months for a child. During this time they can socially transition. Do you not read my posts and the many links that I have provided.
and the diagnosis strictly based on the fickle feelings a child has.
Do you have any clue about what the necessary criteria for a diagnosis of gender identity or gender dysphoria is?
Yes, feelings.

Show me blood tests show me psych evaluations show me anything I don't whatsoever besides feelings.
See above. I am tired of explaining this to you over and over and you not bothering to read what I say.
I read what you say you just lie all the time about it. Stop telling me lies and you won't have to keep telling me lies anymore.

Just admit though nothing at all medical to gender identity.
They would pause the tween/teen of beginning puberty in the wrong gender.
that is a family bigoted things to say about somebody. That they're in the wrong body or the wrong gender.

Also why does gender so-called treatment ignore gender completely and totally to focus strictly on sex.

Puberty blockers are to stop secondary sexual characteristics from developing what on Earth does any of that have to do with gender?

It's like chopping someone's arm off because they have lung cancer.
The treatment team does not stop puberty permanently. Blockers are used for a very short period if they are used at all, and then HRT and anti-androgens are used to given so the begins teen a puberty in the correct sex for their gender identity if the teen is diagnosed to be transgender and/or with gender dysphoria. Obviously they would not be given if the teen does not meet the diagnosing criteria.
again if gender isn't sex why in the hell is 100% of the treatment focused strictly on sex?

We have had urban riots where people do bad things for decades. Jan6 was sort of unique, unless you count the time the Brits attacked the Capitol.

We have had urban riots where people do bad things for decades. Jan6 was sort of unique, unless you count the time the Brits attacked the Capitol.
We had a whole year where they were almost perpetual.

June 6th wasn't unique Democrats are playing victims to try and pretend like they are victims and to manipulate people like you.

Don't be so gullible.

We had a whole year where they were almost perpetual.

June 6th wasn't unique Democrats are playing victims to try and pretend like they are victims and to manipulate people like you.

Don't be so gullible.

Attacking the Capitol to overturn an election is unique.

Rioting over police brutality has gone on for generations. When will we ever learn.

Even then, you don't see political leaders praising rioters as they are the insurrectionists.

Back
Top Bottom