• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senator calls LGBTQ+ people 'filth,' says most don't want them here

We had a whole year where they were almost perpetual.
Why caused the riots?
June 6th wasn't unique Democrats are playing victims to try and pretend like they are victims and to manipulate people like you.

Don't be so gullible.
What caused Jan 6? When had it been done before?

Why caused the riots?
combination of things but primarily news media lying about racism. Penn State politicians interfering and making sure that they would have riots.
What caused Jan 6? When had it been done before?
Federal government encouraging people to break into the capital through plants in the audience so that they could use it to try and prosecute Trump.

and the diagnosis strictly based on the fickle feelings a child has.
Yes, feelings.

You just admitted that you dont know what the diagnostic criteria are. Feelings and emotions are what mental health is.
Show me blood tests show me psych evaluations show me anything I don't whatsoever besides feelings.
I read what you say you just lie all the time about it. Stop telling me lies and you won't have to keep telling me lies anymore.

There is no blood test for mental health such as depression and anxiety either. MRIs might be useful in a few years to a decade.
Just admit though nothing at all medical to gender identity.
that is a family bigoted things to say about somebody. That they're in the wrong body or the wrong gender.

I love when you did your hole, exactly where I tell you to. Its so very convenient. :ROFLMAO:
Also why does gender so-called treatment ignore gender completely and totally to focus strictly on sex.

Gender identity can't be changed, so the body is changed to match a persons gender identity. How many times do I need to explain this?
Puberty blockers are to stop secondary sexual characteristics from developing what on Earth does any of that have to do with gender?

Holy hell. They stop the wrong second and tertiary sex characteristics. The hormones give the person the correct characteristics for their sex if they are prognosis as trans. If the blockers are stopped and the patient is determined to be cis then the body will catch up in 1-2 years to their cisgender peers.
It's like chopping someone's arm off because they have lung cancer.
You still do not understand gender identity. Do you have a better idea with proven results?

again if gender isn't sex why in the hell is 100% of the treatment focused strictly on sex?
Because a persons gender identity cannot be changed (that would be conversion therapy) to match their sex, so they change the sex as much as medically possible to match their gender identity. . How many times do I need to tell you this before it sinks in?

You just admitted that you dont know what the diagnostic criteria are. Feelings and emotions are what mental health is.
feelings and emotions especially in teenagers are fickle. You didn't explain why you treat gender dysphoria by ignoring gender completely and focusing strictly on sexual characteristics.

There is no blood test for mental health such as depression and anxiety either. MRIs might be useful in a few years to a decade.
if it's all a product of the mind then it can't be determined that it's innate so you just lied when you said that it was.

I love when you did your hole, exactly where I tell you to. Its so very convenient. :ROFLMAO:
when I did my hole? What the hell does that mean?
Gender identity can't be changed,
so the body is changed to match a persons gender identity. How many times do I need to explain this?
so you ignore gender completely and try to change sexual characters explain to me how this is treatment for gender when it's clearly focusing on sexual characteristics?

You need to make up your mind.

Holy hell. They stop the wrong second and tertiary sex characteristics. The hormones give the person the correct characteristics for their sex if they are prognosis as trans.
so transition has nothing at all to do with gender identity and everything to do with sex.

To send you your pretending to change your sex you're not really shooting your gender because that's not relevant.
If the blockers are stopped and the patient is determined to be cis then the body will catch up in 1-2 years to their cisgender peers.
that's a bald-faced lie.
You still do not understand gender identity.
you keep bringing it up and discussions about changing sexual characteristics. I don't know what relevance it holds to the discussion at all.
Do you have a better idea with proven results?
I'm calling you out for flip flopping between sex and gender to cover up your dishonesty.

You can't prove results regarding gender identity for treatments that completely ignore gender and focus on sex characteristics

Because a persons gender identity cannot be changed (that would be conversion therapy) to match their sex, so they change the sex as much as medically possible to match their gender identity. . How many times do I need to tell you this before it sinks in?
they don't change the sex you can't do that that is medically impossible.

Essentially gender identity is sex and there's no point in making up that word because it doesn't mean anything.

It sinks in you are lying.

feelings and emotions especially in teenagers are fickle. You didn't explain why you treat gender dysphoria by ignoring gender completely and focusing strictly on sexual characteristics.

This is why psychologist or psychiatrists are often the person to make the diagnosis of incongruent gender identity or gender dysphoria. They ask the patient pages of questions, over about their feelings and how long they have felt this way. so as to look and look for inconsistencies that might suggest that patient isn't clear, has been coached, or there are issues issues instead.
if it's all a product of the mind then it can't be determined that it's innate so you just lied when you said that it was.
A person's gender idneity is determined before we are all born and it appears to t be the product of maternal hormones and their timing, just as your sexual orientation was determined before you were born. It wasn't a choice you made.
when I did my hole? What the hell does that mean?

Dig your hole. Obviously a typo.
so you ignore gender completely and try to change sexual characters explain to me how this is treatment for gender when it's clearly focusing on sexual characteristics?

Tell me about how you discuss gender identity as part of the treatment and it not be conversion therapy?
You need to make up your mind.
My statement is very consistent. You are incapble of understanding.
so transition has nothing at all to do with gender identity and everything to do with sex.

You cannot treat a person's gender identity. There is nothing wrong with it. The person has a gender identity that is drastically different from their biological sex, but gender identity cannot be changed. Its not medically possible to do so. That as tried for decades in the past with consistent failures, and occasionally the patient died of suicide.
To send you your pretending to change your sex you're not really shooting your gender because that's not relevant.
What does this mean?
that's a bald-faced lie.

No it is not a lie.
you keep bringing it up and discussions about changing sexual characteristics. I don't know what relevance it holds to the discussion at all.
I'm calling you out for flip flopping between sex and gender to cover up your dishonesty.
How do you plan to treat the situation when a person has a gender idenmtity that is different form their biological sex? Do you plan to deny that gender identity exist or are you going to attempt conversion therapy to change their gender idneity to align with their sex?
You can't prove results regarding gender identity for treatments that completely ignore gender and focus on sex characteristics
The treatment is very successful with more than a 90% quality of life improvement.
they don't change the sex you can't do that that is medically impossible.
They do what current medical science permits, even it is isn't completely changed because it does address much of the feelings of sexual body dysphoria.
Essentially gender identity is sex and there's no point in making up that word because it doesn't mean anything.

Gender and sex are absolutely not the same. If they were the same then trans and NB people would not exist. Gender is a person's innate feeling of being male or female. Our sex is the biological structure of our body determined by DNA and chromosomes. How many times does this need to be explained to you in detail?
It sinks in you are lying.
A personal attack that you cannot defend.

This is why psychologist or psychiatrists are often the person to make the diagnosis of incongruent gender identity or gender dysphoria. They ask the patient pages of questions, over about their feelings and how long they have felt this way. so as to look and look for inconsistencies that might suggest that patient isn't clear, has been coached, or there are issues issues instead.
diagnosing gender dysphoria is not that difficult. I'm just supposed to medicalizing it do completely ignore gender 100% and focus on only sex.
A person's gender idneity is determined before we are all born and it appears to t be the product of maternal hormones and their timing
I've heard your beliefs before and I can respect them but I don't accept them as fact you have to prove this.
, just as your sexual orientation was determined before you were born. It wasn't a choice you made.
I don't know that it was determined before I was born there could be epigenetic sequences that happened in the world that may increase the likelihood that a person will be gay but it hasn't been proven that it's a direct cause and effect.

Typically sexual orientation isn't even detectable until a person enters puberty.

So I may believe that I was born this way but it's not proven it's just a belief.

As far as I go as far as my beliefs I don't have a belief on that I don't need to.

Dig your hole. Obviously a typo.
I showed you Grace in the past when you made typing errors but you seized on the opportunity to ridicule me when I did it so it's getting served back to you.

You are in desperate need of a lesson and being kind of others.

Tell me about how you discuss gender identity as part of the treatment and it not be conversion therapy?
why does it even matter in the least I'm not talking about anything at all to do with gender. I'm talking about not injuring kids and lying to them about changing their sex.

My statement is very consistent. You are incapble of understanding.
I don't think you to be quite narcissistic and full of yourself so I'm not going to take your word for it and I can see for myself because I have eyes.

You are asking me not to trust My lying eyes and you're going to have to have some pretty extraordinary evidence to get that sort of trust.

You cannot treat a person's gender identity. There is nothing wrong with it. The person has a gender identity that is drastically different from their biological sex,
what the **** does sex have to do with gender identity?

How can gender identity be different from sex it's different from sex no matter what because gender identity isn't sex.
but gender identity cannot be changed. Its not medically possible to do so.
neither can sex. That's even less medically possible than changing gender identity.
That as tried for decades in the past with consistent failures, and occasionally the patient died of suicide.
so then it's a mental disorder if suicide is the result you'll have to explain how it isn't
How do you plan to treat the situation when a person has a gender idenmtity that is different form their biological sex?
gender identity is different from biological sex and everyone because biological sex is not gender identity and I failed to see the connection how can it be incongruent what does that mean?
Do you plan to deny that gender identity exist or are you going to attempt conversion therapy to change their gender idneity to align with their sex?
I don't know that gender identity does or does not exist I can't confirm or debunk it and neither can you.
The treatment is very successful with more than a 90% quality of life improvement.
the more is there a 40% suicide rate?
They do what current medical science permits, even it is isn't completely changed because it does address much of the feelings of sexual body dysphoria.
So it's sexual this for you and not gender dysphoria

Gender and sex are absolutely not the same. If they were the same then trans and NB people would not exist.
again I have to ask why would you completely ignore gender and focus on something completely different.
Gender is a person's innate feeling of being male or female.
so gender is just sexuals Elaine how it connects to sex if it's not just sexual please.
Our sex is the biological structure of our body determined by DNA and chromosomes. How many times does this need to be explained to you in detail?
you didn't ever need to explain this to me. You're being condescending and arrogant because that works on a lot of people it doesn't work on me I see right through your facade.

To be good when people are is arrogant and self-centered as you are trying to cover up for something.

I knew biological sex was determined by DNA and chromosomes long before you ever even graced The forum long before I was ever present on the internet so you never need to explain it you're just being pedantic and stuck up.
A personal attack that you cannot defend.
You need to learn what a personal attack is I didn't attack your person I attacked the words you said. Are you towards you said does that phrase even compute with you or are you going to act stuck up and arrogant like you always do to avoid call out?

diagnosing gender dysphoria is not that difficult. I'm just supposed to medicalizing it do completely ignore gender 100% and focus on only sex.
I've heard your beliefs before and I can respect them but I don't accept them as fact you have to prove this.

How can gender dysphoria be treated if you refuse medication? Talk therapy isn't sufficient. What do you want the providers to talk about gender? You keep saying this butt you never give any idea what of the gender is to be talked about. I'm not ignoring gender but there is nothing that can be done to change it. That action would be conversion therapy. It is ineffective and dangerous. Its also banned in many states and countries for that reason.
I don't know that it was determined before I was born there could be epigenetic sequences that happened in the world that may increase the likelihood that a person will be gay but it hasn't been proven that it's a direct cause and effect.

Typically sexual orientation isn't even detectable until a person enters puberty.

The wiring is already there. It is turned on by the sex hormones that are excreted during puberty.
So I may believe that I was born this way but it's not proven it's just a belief.

Medical science would agree with the former statement.
As far as I go as far as my beliefs I don't have a belief on that I don't need to.

I showed you Grace in the past when you made typing errors but you seized on the opportunity to ridicule me when I did it so it's getting served back to you.

You are in desperate need of a lesson and being kind of others.

I am kind to others until they aren't deserving of it.
why does it even matter in the least I'm not talking about anything at all to do with gender. I'm talking about not injuring kids and lying to them about changing their sex.

How else can it be treated? Nothing else has shown any effectiveness. Nobody is harming kids by treating gender incongruence of gender dysphoria in this manner. Nobody is forced or coerced into treatment and everything is explained in detail before the decision is made to begin any medical care, despite what someone appears to have convinced you. You love to make these claims but are woefully short of evidence to support your opinions and I am long tired of being nice to you and ignoring your obvious lack of sources.

How can gender dysphoria be treated if you refuse medication?
Medication is to alter sex characteristics it has nothing to do with gender.
Talk therapy isn't sufficient. What do you want the providers to talk about gender? You keep saying this butt you never give any idea what of the gender is to be talked about. I'm not ignoring gender but there is nothing that can be done to change it. That action would be conversion therapy. It is ineffective and dangerous. Its also banned in many states and countries for that reason.
I guess I don't understand the connection to sex.

The wiring is already there. It is turned on by the sex hormones that are excreted during puberty.

Medical science would agree with the former statement.

I am kind to others until they aren't deserving of it.
I haven't said anything personal against you I've only said something against your words. You shouldn't take it personal or isn't aimed at you. I know the subject is close to you but I am asking about it. I'm not trying to aggravate or offend you.

How else can it be treated? Nothing else has shown any effectiveness. Nobody is harming kids by treating gender incongruence of gender dysphoria in this manner. Nobody is forced or coerced into treatment and everything is explained in detail before the decision is made to begin any medical care, despite what someone appears to have convinced you. You love to make these claims but are woefully short of evidence to support your opinions and I am long tired of being nice to you and ignoring your obvious lack of sources.
Then why is the suicide rate so high? Come on Lisa 40% that's the suicide rate with trans people. I'm not sure this is working it isn't reducing. Maybe your sex and your gender don't have to be congruent. I have no idea what it's like for someone with gender dysphoria I can't know that. But I'm not incapable of empathy.

I'm not trying to attack you. I'm talking to you because you don't give up. That is respectable. I'm simply trying to understand at least a little. I don't take things for granted.

Medication is to alter sex characteristics it has nothing to do with gender.
I guess I don't understand the connection to sex.

This is laughably obvious that you dont understand the connection between sex and gender because if you did you wouldn't ask such inane questions. How do you plan to treat gender that isn't a form of conversion therapy that always fails to try to talk the patient into having gender that aligns with their biological sex?

The only known treatment is to change the body with hormones and surgery to align with with the patients gender. Having a serious difference between a persons gender and sex is the case of gender dysphoria because they are supposed to be the same, as their are in cisgender people. A person's gender cannot be changed to align with their sex, so alternatively the body is changed to match the gender with hormones and surgery if requested and deemed to be necessary,
I haven't said anything personal against you I've only said something against your words. You shouldn't take it personal or isn't aimed at you. I know the subject is close to you but I am asking about it. I'm not trying to aggravate or offend you.

You transphobic bias is offensive.
Then why is the suicide rate so high? Come on Lisa 40% that's the suicide rate with trans people. I'm not sure this is working it isn't reducing. Maybe your sex and your gender don't have to be congruent. I have no idea what it's like for someone with gender dysphoria I can't know that. But I'm not incapable of empathy.

' Its abuse, discrimination in addition to delays and denial of medical care. When trans people face abuse, neglect and abuse, both at home and at school as children and then denials of necessary care as teens and adults, and then as adults that discrimination/harassment has long term negative mental health effects. Suicide is a predictable outcome of that negative treatment. It is not rational to blame them for the cumulative actions of what others do and then somehow oppose the care and the legal protections that would address that abuse, neglect, harassment and both overt and covert discrimination.

The reason that the Trevor Project exists is because of abuse and neglect in the larger LGBT community with children and teens. You as a gay male should know this. You previously admitted that you have internalized homophobia, so how can you be so blind to the harassment of others in the LGBT community?
Gay and bisexual men are four times more likely to attempt suicide in their lifetime than heterosexual men. Researchers now estimate that suicide kills more gay and bisexual men than AIDS. Despite this well-documented inequity, there are no targeted suicide prevention programs in Canada. Gay and bisexual men are rarely mentioned in mental health policies.

Homophobia — within families, schools, communities and even in doctors and counsellors offices — is a key cause, according to the Still Here project within the Men’s Health Research Program at the University of British Columbia.

As a postdoctoral research fellow in nursing at the University of British Columbia, I work on the Still Here project to engage gay and bisexual men who have previously struggled with suicide (or who have lost another gay or bisexual man to suicide) to tell their stories through photographs.
I'm not trying to attack you. I'm talking to you because you don't give up. That is respectable. I'm simply trying to understand at least a little. I don't take things for granted.
I do not take things for granted either.

This is laughably obvious that you dont understand the connection between sex and gender because if you did you wouldn't ask such inane questions.
neither do you because if you did you could answer such questions it should be easy but instead you become defensive and condescending. I see right through that Lisa.
How do you plan to treat gender that isn't a form of conversion therapy that always fails to try to talk the patient into having gender that aligns with their biological sex?
I don't know what treat gender means why would you treat gender was to treat I don't understand and you don't either because if you did you would explain.
The only known treatment is to change the body with hormones and surgery to align with with the patients gender. Having a serious difference between a persons gender and sex is the case of gender dysphoria because they are supposed to be the same, as their are in cisgender people. A person's gender cannot be changed to align with their sex, so alternatively the body is changed to match the gender with hormones and surgery if requested and deemed to be necessary,
the point I make is that there is no gender here. It's making transsexuals out of people who have gender dysphoria. I'm not saying that that's wrong and in some cases that might be the only way to go. I just don't think that it is for all cases or necessarily even most cases and all I have that you suggest is that it is and people are stupid idiots if they say that it isn't.

You transphobic bias is offensive.
What transphobic bias?

' Its abuse, discrimination in addition to delays and denial of medical care. When trans people face abuse, neglect and abuse, both at home and at school as children and then denials of necessary care as teens and adults, and then as adults that discrimination/harassment has long term negative mental health effects. Suicide is a predictable outcome of that negative treatment. It is not rational to blame them for the cumulative actions of what others do and then somehow oppose the care and the legal protections that would address that abuse, neglect, harassment and both overt and covert discrimination.
I don't see how becoming a transsexual will change this. They already have legal protections that would address abuse and harassment it's not legal to abuse somebody and it's generally not legal to harass them those rights always existed they weren't trans rights they're just rights.
The reason that the Trevor Project exists is because of abuse and neglect in the larger LGBT community with children and teens. You as a gay male should know this. You previously admitted that you have internalized homophobia, so how can you be so blind to the harassment of others in the LGBT community?
there's a huge discrepancy between lesbians gays bisexuals and transgenders.
Gay and bisexual males are four times more likely to commit suicide than gay and bisexual humans that is very obviously something up with men you'll see that discrepancy among straight men and straight women too.

I'm not going to blame society for abusing men because it doesn't make sense.

And for gay people it's five times higher than it is very straight people so there's a component of being gay that makes people more likely to commit suicide.

As high as it is with lesbians or men it is extremely high with trans people like is hero orders of magnitude.

So it's probably healthier to try and help people accept themselves without having to become transsexual I understand that it's necessary for some people they just can't do it. But 40% of people that identify this way kill themselves.

That's awful. Why can't we look at this objectively?

I do not take things for granted either.
So you should explain these things or at least say you don't know when I ask what is gender identity and show that it exists you should say I don't know that it exists. Or something like that just saying that a type of shortly medical fact that's taking things for granted.

neither do you because if you did you could answer such questions it should be easy but instead you become defensive and condescending. I see right through that Lisa.
I don't know what treat gender means why would you treat gender was to treat I don't understand and you don't either because if you did you would explain.
the point I make is that there is no gender here. It's making transsexuals out of people who have gender dysphoria. I'm not saying that that's wrong and in some cases that might be the only way to go. I just don't think that it is for all cases or necessarily even most cases and all I have that you suggest is that it is and people are stupid idiots if they say that it isn't.

What transphobic bias?

I don't see how becoming a transsexual will change this. They already have legal protections that would address abuse and harassment it's not legal to abuse somebody and it's generally not legal to harass them those rights always existed they weren't trans rights they're just rights.
there's a huge discrepancy between lesbians gays bisexuals and transgenders.
Gay and bisexual males are four times more likely to commit suicide than gay and bisexual humans that is very obviously something up with men you'll see that discrepancy among straight men and straight women too.

I'm not going to blame society for abusing men because it doesn't make sense.

And for gay people it's five times higher than it is very straight people so there's a component of being gay that makes people more likely to commit suicide.

As high as it is with lesbians or men it is extremely high with trans people like is hero orders of magnitude.

So it's probably healthier to try and help people accept themselves without having to become transsexual I understand that it's necessary for some people they just can't do it. But 40% of people that identify this way kill themselves.

That's awful. Why can't we look at this objectively?

So you should explain these things or at least say you don't know when I ask what is gender identity and show that it exists you should say I don't know that it exists. Or something like that just saying that a type of shortly medical fact that's taking things for granted.
There is no point in continuing this discussion with you because it is obvious you have no idea of what you are discussing. Someone who has gender dysphoria is by definition transsexual or transgender.

There is no point in continuing this discussion with you because it is obvious you have no idea of what you are discussing. Someone who has gender dysphoria is by definition transsexual or transgender.
No it's because you don't know anything.

I asked you questions and instead of answering them with knowledge you moan and complain and act all arrogant and self-centered. Just so you don't know that's the more mature thing to do.

No it's because you don't know anything.

I asked you questions and instead of answering them with knowledge you moan and complain and act all arrogant and self-centered. Just so you don't know that's the more mature thing to do.
I have previously explained every question that you had asked, but still you ask again and again. I have posted links with sources, that you do not read. I do not know how else to explain it to you that you can accept because there is apparently an emotional block for you that you cannot get beyond.

Your comment of teaching transgender people who suffer from gender dysphoria "to just accept themselves" is more support of conversion therapy. That is what causes people to attempt and/or commit suicide because it is blaming the victim and a denial of the known effective care.

Where is your proof of that statement?

I have previously explained every question that you had asked,
yeah you've given me an explanation. But I never asked for that I asked for evidence you didn't give any of that. You can't you don't have any.
but still you ask again and again.
because your explanations weren't sufficient when I asked you again I explained that to you and you became kind of sending an arrogant so it's probably because you don't know.

I have posted links with sources, that you do not read.
I've read a lot of your sources actually and they're not as condensing as you think they are.
I do not know how else to explain it to you that you can accept because there is apparently an emotional block for you that you cannot get beyond.
most of your explanations just for axiomatic claims. When I express doubt you call me names.

Probably because you're offended by the fact that I doubt something you believe this is why you shouldn't make these sorts of things personal
Your comment of teaching transgender people who suffer from gender dysphoria "to just accept themselves" is more support of conversion therapy.
here's where I'm going to ask you something and you're going to fail utterly and pathetically to deliver because you can't and I know you can't that's why I ask.

Prove every single person that experienced in the amount of gender dysphoria is absolutely transsexual.

If you can't prove that you're claim that they are is false.
That is what causes people to attempt and/or commit suicide because it is blaming the victim and a denial of the known effective care.
I think you just commentary concepts that were regarding gay people it's kind of a piggyback movement. I would argue there is no conversion there for transgender people in fact transition is a synonym for conversion.

You are promoting conversion or transition same thing. You are saying no little boy you are broken you need these pills you need to surgery that's you and that's what leads to suicide I'll agree with that.

:A state senator said during a public forum in Tahlequah that LGBTQ+ people are “filth,” and that he and his constituents don’t want them in “our state.” The panel at the Feb. 23 Legislative Update, sponsored by Tahlequah Area Chamber of Commerce, included State Rep. David Hardin, R-District 6; State Sen. Blake “Cowboy” Stephens, R-District 3; State Sen. Tom Woods, R-District 4; and State Sen. Dewayne Pemberton, R-District 9.

...Woods said that while his “heart goes out” regarding the teen’s death, he represents a constituency. “We are a Republican state – supermajority – in the House and Senate. I represent a constituency that doesn’t want that filth in Oklahoma,” Woods said. Several audience members clapped at his statement, while others appeared shocked.

“We are a religious state and we are going to fight it to keep that filth out of the state of Oklahoma because we are a Christian state – we are a moral state,” Woods said. “We want to lower taxes and let people be able to live and work and go to the faith they choose. We are a Republican state and I’m going to vote my district, and I’m going to vote my values, and we don’t want that in the state of Oklahoma.”

...Stephens said that as an educator, he had taken an oath to educate and not “indoctrinate” students. “We are there to educate our students, love and nurture them and help them to be successful,” Stephens said."

Link

Setting aside for a minute the example of the grotesque hate coming out of Christian Nationalism, are we to believe that acknowledging children for who they are is indoctrination, while denying them their identity is loving then and nurturing them?
Nobody has to care about what he and his district wants. The people have spoken. He is irrelevant.

Is it just the status quo where some people take threads like this which are about a bigoted Repub senator and immediately trying to move the goalposts into specifically attacking transgenders?

:A state senator said during a public forum in Tahlequah that LGBTQ+ people are “filth,” and that he and his constituents don’t want them in “our state.” The panel at the Feb. 23 Legislative Update, sponsored by Tahlequah Area Chamber of Commerce, included State Rep. David Hardin, R-District 6; State Sen. Blake “Cowboy” Stephens, R-District 3; State Sen. Tom Woods, R-District 4; and State Sen. Dewayne Pemberton, R-District 9.

...Woods said that while his “heart goes out” regarding the teen’s death, he represents a constituency. “We are a Republican state – supermajority – in the House and Senate. I represent a constituency that doesn’t want that filth in Oklahoma,” Woods said. Several audience members clapped at his statement, while others appeared shocked.

“We are a religious state and we are going to fight it to keep that filth out of the state of Oklahoma because we are a Christian state – we are a moral state,” Woods said. “We want to lower taxes and let people be able to live and work and go to the faith they choose. We are a Republican state and I’m going to vote my district, and I’m going to vote my values, and we don’t want that in the state of Oklahoma.”

...Stephens said that as an educator, he had taken an oath to educate and not “indoctrinate” students. “We are there to educate our students, love and nurture them and help them to be successful,” Stephens said."

Link

Setting aside for a minute the example of the grotesque hate coming out of Christian Nationalism, are we to believe that acknowledging children for who they are is indoctrination, while denying them their identity is loving then and nurturing them?

I used to naively think that when gay marriage equality was achieved, inevitably the anti-gay bigotry from the Republican party would die out.
Sadly, in states like Texas, the bigotry continues to thrive within the Republican party to this day.

Wow. That would really show me. Name calling is such an advanced form of the art of rhetoric.
Commiserating over strawman complaints about hypothetical name-calling is another "advanced form of the art of rhetoric". :rolleyes:

Incidentally, the answer to your earlier question can be found easily on the net...

Back
Top Bottom