• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senate panel tied 11-11 on Ketanji Brown Jackson's nomination

No one is blaming Clarence for what Ginni does/did. We are just pointing out that because she was deeply involved in the whole Stop ths Steal movement, it would be a conflict of interest for him to vote on cases that may well involve his wife.
The simple truth of it is that Clarence has already voted on an issue that he should have recused himself from and I find it hard to believe that though we didn't know it at the time.... he didn't know what his "best friend" was doing.

Can you say hypocrite?

There's no comparison.

Gorsuch was a stolen appointment.
Kavanaugh was replacing a centrist (Kennedy)
Coney Barret was replacing a liberal (Bader Ginsberg)

This is a replacement of a liberal by a liberal, keeping the court at 6-3

The greed of Republicans knows no bounds.

No one is blaming Clarence for what Ginni does/did. We are just pointing out that because she was deeply involved in the whole Stop ths Steal movement, it would be a conflict of interest for him to vote on cases that may well involve his wife.

There is no case which involves his wife. There is also no indication that he would not recuse himself under those completely hypothetical circumstances.

There is no case which involves his wife. There is also no indication that he would not recuse himself under those completely hypothetical circumstances.
But he didn't when it came time to rule on the release of the insurrection documents, he was the only one that dissented. Was he protecting his wife?

Anything involving the Jan 6 investigation ought to be off limits to him.

If you think it's bad this time, wait till Thomas either resigns or "whatever"...at that point I won't even be surprised if Lauren Boebert or Tommy Tuberville initiate gun play on the floor.
Yup. This nomination and confirmation process has been tame compared to what will happen if there should be another vacancy this year. That confirmation process will be nothing short of apocalyptic.

Can you say hypocrite?

No. Two of those seats were stolen from the Democrats and a third was filled by an alleged sexual assaulter.

Last edited:
But, they tell us, the court isn't political.

So it appears that Flipflop Lindsey Graham can't stop throwing shit on himself and calling it fine Italian gaberdine.

Now that the votes in the Judiciary Committee are in and all the comments are in from it we have a full accounting of FlipFlop's record regarding this nomination....that he actually voted to elevate to the court of appeals not more than a year ago.

So lets cut to the chase and deal with what FlipFlop was really saying. What he was really saying is that the only Black Woman I would vote to the SC would have been my HOUSE N______! Atta' boy FlipFlop. Lets just make sure we really know how far we have or more appropriately have not come since the Civil War.

Yup. This nomination and confirmation process has been tame compared to what will happen if there should be another vacancy this year. That confirmation process will be nothing short of apocalyptic.

That's what I am getting at.
Agreed, the next vacancy will actually threaten RW lock on SCOTUS, and I firmly believe that there will be violence, both in the streets and on the floor of Congress.
The Trump/Putin/Qanon/Fox News feedback loop will make sure of it.

They got them from the democrats who gave a total of 4 votes to the last 3 nominees
At least they voted. McConnell sat on nominees cause it was too close to an election. Then rushed one through when an election was much closer.

wrong---we are finding out he is not fit

Who is we? I have seen nothing about him being unfit. Unless you are talking about his recent hospital stay in which there were many on this forum wishing him to die?

I know, she's getting in no matter what the right has to say. My problem is a vote by a group to make a point which is what this is.
And what was your reaction when the DEmocrats literally boycotted the vote on Justice Barrett?

Nope but I can wonder if he dissented from releasing the January 6th documents (the only one to do so) because he was protecting his wife which would be a clear conflict of interest.
How does 1 vote out of 9 protect his wife in any way?

This Republican opposition exposes that they have ZERO interest in "qualifications" or a legitimate Justice, and are utterly corrupt and want nothing other than a corrupt Justice who will vote against the constitution to destroy it as needed for the interests of their donors.

They have ZERO legitimate object to Jackson as a great and qualified Justice - the only objection is her not being part of their morally criminal family from the Federalist Society who would vote as they want. It was also exposed by their overlooking Kavanaugh's lying and crazed partisan rant against Democrats because he IS 'on the team' to vote corruptly.

How does 1 vote out of 9 protect his wife in any way?
Well, it might keep him from sleeping on the couch.

Good question. I have no idea, but I doubt it was to protect his wife.
Puzzles me as well. He could have simply voted with the Court and we wouldn't be discussing this. He had to anticipate the blowback. Very curious

There's no comparison.

Gorsuch was a stolen appointment.
Kavanaugh was replacing a centrist (Kennedy)
Coney Barret was replacing a liberal (Bader Ginsberg)

This is a replacement of a liberal by a liberal, keeping the court at 6-3

The greed of Republicans knows no bounds.
Hello. I believe I was responding to how they were treated. Comprehension not your strong suit.

Agreed, the next vacancy will actually threaten RW lock on SCOTUS, and I firmly believe that there will be violence, both in the streets and on the floor of Congress.
No, there is a 6-3 radical right court now. They'd need 2 changes to change the majority.

Back
Top Bottom