• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Senate panel tied 11-11 on Ketanji Brown Jackson's nomination

Should allegations of sexual harrassment be ignored? Not important? The Dems went easy on him, didn't call half their witnesses.
And he was so underqualified. also, the previous Republican pick before Thomas was voted in by a huge number and many dems. And Thomas as proven to be a shitty justice

Republicans have their marching orders, block at all costs.

Will a 60-60 split, a woman of color will vote for a woman of color to complete the confirmation. Let that sink in.

No, there is a 6-3 radical right court now. They'd need 2 changes to change the majority.

Yes, because even ONE replacement will trigger them.
This isn't an algorithm, it's dumb Trump supporters.
I am well aware that it's a 6-3 court.
In other words, it's not an either/or, it's not BINARY...they will react the same way the second time around too, but make no mistake about it,
ANY nomination by Biden will (to them) threaten the sanctity of their RW extremist lock on power.
They will react violently with the NEXT SCOTUS NOM AND the next one after that.

If it was a 9-0 or an 8-1 or a 7-2 ratio, they STILL would react violently.

Yes, because even ONE replacement will trigger them.
This isn't an algorithm, it's dumb Trump supporters.
I am well aware that it's a 6-3 court.
In other words, it's not an either/or, it's not BINARY...they will react the same way the second time around too, but make no mistake about it,
ANY nomination by Biden will (to them) threaten the sanctity of their RW extremist lock on power.
They will react violently with the NEXT SCOTUS NOM AND the next one after that.

If it was a 9-0 or an 8-1 or a 7-2 ratio, they STILL would react violently.

That's fine, it's because you said a loss of one seat threatens their majority - I read that as one seat could cost them their majority, you clarified you meant 1 seat would make them feel the majority was in danger.

That's fine, it's because you said a loss of one seat threatens their majority - I read that as one seat could cost them their majority, you clarified you meant 1 seat would make them feel the majority was in danger.
I said what I said. ANY replacement justice is a threat to their lock on power.
We live IN a world today where feelings and beliefs are more important than facts, and here you are arguing facts.
Argue facts with ME all you like but the argument is with Republicans, who will feel threatened unless they have a 9-0 bench.

THIS IS FOR ALL THE MARBLES.

His wife, etc, etc......................and there were strong accusations at his confirmation....

There was one and it has been debunked for a very long time

No, there is a 6-3 radical right court now. They'd need 2 changes to change the majority.

Except that Roberts is only right wing, not radical right. If we could have 6 justices like him I'd be satisfied.

No one is blaming Clarence for what Ginni does/did. We are just pointing out that because she was deeply involved in the whole Stop ths Steal movement, it would be a conflict of interest for him to vote on cases that may well involve his wife.
That has merit-how did you think about RBG-who was major advocate for NARAL IIRC, and abortion cases?

was that true with the Democrats and Amy Barrett?

I wouldn't say so. Barrett thwarted attacks on her character by bringing her children into the public gallery.

Back
Top Bottom