• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [5:15 am CDT] - in 15 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Second amendment supporters, do you ever get tired of seeing people mowed down by AR15 type weapons?

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I ask because every time one of these shootings takes place and people complain about the use of military type weapons with large capacity magazines being used, all you seem to say is the 2nd Amendment. It is like those lives do not matter, all that does is the 2nd Amendment to you and that is explanation enough. We have had over 315 mass shooting in this country this year, but the ones with the most victims are always those where AR15 type weapons with large capacity magazines are used. Even if you believe that it is the crazies who do the killing, the type of guns makes it easy for them to do their damage.

I ask because every time one of these shootings takes place and people complain about the use of military type weapons with large capacity magazines being used, all you seem to say is the 2nd Amendment. It is like those lives do not matter, all that does is the 2nd Amendment to you and that is explanation enough. We have had over 315 mass shooting in this country this year, but the ones with the most victims are always those where AR15 type weapons with large capacity magazines are used. Even if you believe that it is the crazies who do the killing, the type of guns makes it easy for them to do their damage.

Yes. I am tired of nihilistic young men being able to attain semi-automatic rifles to kill and wound dozens of people at a time.

Do you ever get tired of hearing about nameless, faceless black babies, toddlers, children, youth and young men and women gunned down in the streets of Democrat shitholes? There are exponentially more of them than victims of mass shootings.
Why the crickets?

Do you ever get tired of hearing about nameless, faceless black babies, toddlers, children, youth and young men and women gunned down in the streets of Democrat shitholes? There are exponentially more of them than victims of mass shootings.
Why the crickets?
Yeh, we're tired of that too

Why the crickets?
There were ten killed and 62 wounded in Chicago over the weekend and no one is talking about that. Why doesnt Biden mention those victims. Why dont democrats pass laws to stop that carnage? Because its just blacks killing other blacks. Libs dont really give a shit about that. Black lives only matter to the left when they are taken by a white cop.

I dont get tired at all. I do get tired of dummies not arming themselves with knowledge and arms so they may have a chance to defend themselves from these moppets. But hey I guess running screaming in the streets praying the police will save you sorry lazy ass is in fashion these days. Apparently personal responsibility is an anachronism, who knew.

No more than I care about 25 people being killed by drunk drivers every day, while Democrats are trying to do **** all about it.

And I especially don't care whether the rifle used to murder someone had a pistol grip (but apparently that's a huge deal to Dems as well, much bigger than liquored up assholes driving home from bars at night).

Yes. I am tired of nihilistic young men being able to attain semi-automatic rifles to kill and wound dozens of people at a time.
Well until people start shooting them back they are going keep doing it, I certainly am not giving up my arms. I am not putting up with more intrusive useless laws, in fact I made it a point vote for people that are going to make the attempt at clawing back some my rights including the repeal of the NFA and the dissolving of the ATF.

No more than I care about 25 people being killed by drunk drivers every day, while Democrats are trying to do **** all about it.

And I especially don't care whether the rifle used to murder someone had a pistol grip (but apparently that's a huge deal to Dems as well, much bigger than liquored up assholes driving home from bars at night).
Substantial effort goes into reducing traffic fatalities of all kinds, what are you lying about?

Do you ever bitch and whine about black crime, black shootings and murders that happen at a rate that makes shootings with an AR seem almost nonexistent. Far more shootings are taking place in democrat run cities where people are being shot and killed every night and day. Stop the AR BS and act like you give a sh-- about the thousands of shootings taking place not done with an AR 15.
Nope you can't do that because those shootings are happening in democrats run cities by people and to people who vote for democrats 95% of the time. There murders don't matter.

Yea I am tired of it and would love for Democrats to start focusing on solutions to the people problem instead of focusing their efforts in other misguided areas like they historically do.

I don't think they do. I think they have mentally equated the shootings with 'collateral damage' in exchange for essential rights, where they would have tyranny if anything were done. I don't think they get tired of the shootings any more than people see news of a car crash and think 'maybe we should ban cars after all'. Doesn't cross their minds. Instead, they get tired of people calling for bans. 'Great, here we go again, ban guns'.

Substantial effort goes into reducing traffic fatalities of all kinds, what are you lying about?

Please list all the legislation that Democrats in Congress have proposed. Focus on the ones that have penalties for violations that are comparable to what they're proposing for guns.

I get tired of seeing people murdered by obviously sick and/or evil PEOPLE.

I get nearly as tired of obviously misguided PEOPLE who think INANIMATE OBJECTS are to blame for murder instead of sick and/or evil PEOPLE.

not anywhere near an expert on firearms,but im told there were attempts to restrict the clip size
(Congress negotiations) that would make them unusable on older models. Like I said im no expert at all.
but it seems like clips could be made in new models that contain no more then 10 shots.
12 or whatever, but not 20+

Take it to a firing range squeeze off a dozen and re-load. That isn't an onerous infringement on right to carry.

I heard the shots on that video at Highland Park and they just go on and on. Might help. cant hurt.

Negative generalizations about 2A supporters doesn’t advance the conversation of what to do about the epidemic of mass shooting murders happening in America.

The majority of firearms owners (including NRA members) support expanded background checks, closing the gun show loophole, red flag laws, raising the legal age to purchase firearms, and more.

I ask because every time one of these shootings takes place and people complain about the use of military type weapons with large capacity magazines being used, all you seem to say is the 2nd Amendment. It is like those lives do not matter, all that does is the 2nd Amendment to you and that is explanation enough. We have had over 315 mass shooting in this country this year, but the ones with the most victims are always those where AR-15 type weapons with large capacity magazines are used. Even if you believe that it is the crazies who do the killing, the type of guns makes it easy for them to do their damage.

The mass shootings in Buffalo and Uvalde were committed by people who had three types of firearms, including the AR-15. Of course, none of them were legally owned; both shooters had just turned 18 and could not have passed any of the background checks. But gun lovers make the Second Amendment cry about them too, not caring about how many hours or days they had been barely old enough to walk into gun shops. We need to restrict both the type of weapon and age of the shooter.

Of course, Democrats knew they had to no chance of banning certain types of firearms and raising the minimum age to 21 because Republicans do not care about that stuff, no matter how logical it may be. So we are stuck with still having 18-year old AR-15 owners.

Why do we always have too many gun lovers in Congress?

Why do we always have too many gun lovers in Congress?
As I've said so many times, because Republicans want to get power to install plutocracy, and they need votes, and found running on guns gets votes.

There were ten killed and 62 wounded in Chicago over the weekend and no one is talking about that. Why doesnt Biden mention those victims. Why dont democrats pass laws to stop that carnage? Because its just blacks killing other blacks. Libs dont really give a shit about that. Black lives only matter to the left when they are taken by a white cop.

Why didn’t the Highland shooter use a handgun? Strange huh?

Do you ever get tired of tip-toeing through the dead bodies in minority communities where violent criminals kill people NOT using AR15s so you can find the right kind of victims and weapons to exploit for your sick pathetic ****ing cause while you pretend to give a shit about the victims?

Why the crickets?
Ah, another deflection because you have no good answer to my question. Try and not show who you are and stay on the subject.

I dont get tired at all. I do get tired of dummies not arming themselves with knowledge and arms so they may have a chance to defend themselves from these moppets. But hey I guess running screaming in the streets praying the police will save you sorry lazy ass is in fashion these days. Apparently personal responsibility is an anachronism, who knew.
SO you could have stopped the kid shooting from a roof top if you had only been there with your gun, REALLY?

Do you ever bitch and whine about black crime, black shootings and murders that happen at a rate that makes shootings with an AR seem almost nonexistent. Far more shootings are taking place in democrat run cities where people are being shot and killed every night and day. Stop the AR BS and act like you give a sh-- about the thousands of shootings taking place not done with an AR 15.
Nope you can't do that because those shootings are happening in democrats run cities by people and to people who vote for democrats 95% of the time. There murders don't matter.
And when will you stop the bitching about black crime as if there is no white crime. It seems that most of the mass shooting are actually by white people. And the problem is that you seem to think it is okay for people to mow down people with the AR type weapons and deflect from it by talking about black crime. .

Do you ever get tired of tip-toeing through the dead bodies in minority communities where violent criminals kill people NOT using AR15s so you can find the right kind of victims and weapons to exploit for your sick pathetic ****ing cause while you pretend to give a shit about the victims?
I find it interesting that all of the supporters of AR 15's can not argue with the fact that they are able to kill multiple people quickly and can only talk about black crime to deflect. THere was a surgeon on the talking heads show tonight who lives in and works in central Chicago. He actually said what I have a dozen times, there is a huge difference between the wounds from hand guns which he sees a lot of and those of the AR15 type weapons. The total destruction by the impact of the AR15 is like no hand gun used today in the streets of Chicago. I have seen it myself when in the military.

Back
Top Bottom