• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Second amendment supporters, do you ever get tired of seeing people mowed down by AR15 type weapons?

not anywhere near an expert on firearms,but im told there were attempts to restrict the clip size
(Congress negotiations) that would make them unusable on older models. Like I said im no expert at all.
but it seems like clips could be made in new models that contain no more then 10 shots.
12 or whatever, but not 20+

Take it to a firing range squeeze off a dozen and re-load. That isn't an onerous infringement on right to carry.

I heard the shots on that video at Highland Park and they just go on and on. Might help. cant hurt.

Out of curiosity, how many rounds in a magazine does a common soldier's weapon typically have? 27 -29 in a 30-round magazine currently.

Now my understanding of a right to keep and bear arms has some connection to a citizen's militia, and that the common citizen is considered a member of the unorganized militia.

My understanding of this right also pertains to self-defense, defense of others, defense of one's nation, and defense against oppressive government.

This, of course, ignores the emotional appeal form of argument like "the shots went on and on...". Since all it would have taken was one "good guy with a gun" (strangely missing among the police at Uvalde) to stop a bad guy with a gun.

So IMO, and much like the idea of this right at the time of the Revolution and Founding, a citizen should have the capability of possessing individual arms similar to that of a soldier he might face in combat.

SO you could have stopped the kid shooting from a roof top if you had only been there with your gun, REALLY?
Yes, if I was lucky not to be first hit. Played duck duck goose with Johnny Jiaaaaad so I got really good at finding were rounds were coming from. If I am not the first hit my instinct is to find hard cover and then observe and react according. First priority is family. If have have my pistol it would be to lay fire down back toward the shooter depending on range and if I can make positive ID. Make them understand firing range is now two way. If I hit him good, If not he is busy ducking either way works. Get my family clear. If I am by myself probabley advance under cover and fire to get the shooter focused on being engaged and delay until the police arrive. To be honest there is know real way of knowing until things go down. Thats were practice comes in. Practice with ones preferred weapon, practice evaluating ones surrounds, practicing various scenarios. Is it perfect? Hell no. But its better than not having some idea what you are going to do. Just because your enemy throws your plan in to the round file doesn't mean you shouldn't plan, prepare and practice.

Do you ever get tired of hearing about nameless, faceless black babies, toddlers, children, youth and young men and women gunned down in the streets of Democrat shitholes? There are exponentially more of them than victims of mass shootings.
Why the crickets?
Trigger much?

I find it interesting that all of the supporters of AR 15's can not argue with the fact that they are able to kill multiple people quickly and can only talk about black crime to deflect. THere was a surgeon on the talking heads show tonight who lives in and works in central Chicago. He actually said what I have a dozen times, there is a huge difference between the wounds from hand guns which he sees a lot of and those of the AR15 type weapons. The total destruction by the impact of the AR15 is like no hand gun used today in the streets of Chicago. I have seen it myself when in the military.
No one is disputing that fact. Hell...I am fine with qualifying it as a weapon of war...in that if I needed to use it in a time of war I could.

You lot like to bring up the most ridiculous and obscure shit. So if we banned the .223/5.56 round would that satisfy you?

As for avoidance...you stepped over 3 mass shootings at block parties to focus on the ONE involving an AR. You dont give a **** about victims...you picked the one that was convenient to your sick pathetic cause.

Out of curiosity, how many rounds in a magazine does a common soldier's weapon typically have? 27 -29 in a 30-round magazine currently.

Now my understanding of a right to keep and bear arms has some connection to a citizen's militia, and that the common citizen is considered a member of the unorganized militia.

My understanding of this right also pertains to self-defense, defense of others, defense of one's nation, and defense against oppressive government.

This, of course, ignores the emotional appeal form of argument like "the shots went on and on...". Since all it would have taken was one "good guy with a gun" (strangely missing among the police at Uvalde) to stop a bad guy with a gun.

So IMO, and much like the idea of this right at the time of the Revolution and Founding, a citizen should have the capability of possessing individual arms similar to that of a soldier he might face in combat.
sorry. Im not much on hyperbole - but your advocating weapons of war on our streets
is hair trigger bad news. oh and those militia guys had musket 1 shots if i recall

I ask because every time one of these shootings takes place and people complain about the use of military type weapons with large capacity magazines being used, all you seem to say is the 2nd Amendment. It is like those lives do not matter, all that does is the 2nd Amendment to you and that is explanation enough. We have had over 315 mass shooting in this country this year, but the ones with the most victims are always those where AR15 type weapons with large capacity magazines are used. Even if you believe that it is the crazies who do the killing, the type of guns makes it easy for them to do their damage.
Yes...it's more than tiring. It's tragic. That doesn't mean I support eroding our rights and still not stop people from killing. If people want to, they will find a way.

sorry. Im not much on hyperbole - but your advocating weapons of war on our streets
is hair trigger bad news. oh and those militia guys had musket 1 shots if i recall

So did the military forces they faced during foreign invasions and the Revolution.

You miss the point of the right to keep and bear arms. It is for the purpose of self-defense, even against an overweening government, as was the case during the Revolution.

There were ten killed and 62 wounded in Chicago over the weekend and no one is talking about that. Why doesnt Biden mention those victims. Why dont democrats pass laws to stop that carnage? Because its just blacks killing other blacks. Libs dont really give a shit about that. Black lives only matter to the left when they are taken by a white cop.
I’m tired of people dying of cancer too. Not sure why being tired of one thing can’t mean you can’t be tired of other things too. Let’s try to walk and chew gum at the same time. There are a lot of things being done to try to address the inner-city violence.

So now, what do you recommend we do about it his massacre problem we have in this country?

I ask because every time one of these shootings takes place and people complain about the use of military type weapons with large capacity magazines being used, all you seem to say is the 2nd Amendment. It is like those lives do not matter, all that does is the 2nd Amendment to you and that is explanation enough. We have had over 315 mass shooting in this country this year, but the ones with the most victims are always those where AR15 type weapons with large capacity magazines are used. Even if you believe that it is the crazies who do the killing, the type of guns makes it easy for them to do their damage.

They're not mutually exclusive. I am horrified and disgusted by these violent mass shootings done by these degenerate sociopaths. That, however, doesn't change the fact that hundreds of millions more have been murdered by governments who have disarmed their population.

Yes...it's more than tiring. It's tragic. That doesn't mean I support eroding our rights and still not stop people from killing. If people want to, they will find a way.
So if the tools don’t matter, you should have no problems with the Iranians getting nukes. After all, nukes don’t kill people, people kill people. If they want to hurt others, they will find a way. So let’s just guve up and let them get their nukes. Right?

They're not mutually exclusive. I am horrified and disgusted by these violent mass shootings done by these degenerate sociopaths. That, however, doesn't change the fact that hundreds of millions more have been murdered by governments who have disarmed their population.

If you want to be fighting governments with modern armies, these things are pretty useless. Heck, the Ukrainians can’t hold off the Russians even with the heavy weaponry were giving them.

AR15s are obviously too dangerous for peacetime civilian use and completely unnecessary for self-defense (where almost always a small handgun at most will do just fine), and useless in a battlefield situation. Their primary niche appears to be the ability to kill large numbers of unarmed civilians and children quickly and efficiently.

Why isn’t the Ukraine begging for handguns to defend themselves right now?

Do you ever get tired of hearing about nameless, faceless black babies, toddlers, children, youth and young men and women gunned down in the streets of Democrat shitholes? There are exponentially more of them than victims of mass shootings.
Why the crickets?

No crickets. Many of us seem to address that violence in the most effective way possible: by ending the War on Drugs and thus cutting the legs out from under the cartels and gangs fighting over drug profits.

Why isn’t the Ukraine begging for handguns to defend themselves right now?

So you're admitting that civilians need more powerful weapons in order to fight off a tyrannical government.

So did the military forces they faced during foreign invasions and the Revolution.

You miss the point of the right to keep and bear arms. It is for the purpose of self-defense, even against an overweening government, as was the case during the Revolution.
no i dont miss the point and if you think semi automatic rifles are going to stop government tyranny these days
it's just not going to happen. From FBI infiltrations of any such "revolutionary" groups,to using the national guard or whom ever to fight against this phantom revolution; ordinary citizens can't "take their government back.."

I'm not unsympathetic. I'm a Trump supporter as much to counter the Swamp as to implement his agenda
But you know as well as I do any armed revolt is gonna be called an insurrection,and it will be in fact.

So this is all academic . the way we change things is thru voting. armed citizenry isn't a viable idea
and frankly I dont think it's even a good idea.

I hate guns,I hate mass shootings, and im willing to use small non-UnConstituional measures to prevent them
reducing clip size is a small thing,but it might help .

I get tired of seeing people murdered by obviously sick and/or evil PEOPLE.

I get nearly as tired of obviously misguided PEOPLE who think INANIMATE OBJECTS are to blame for murder instead of sick and/or evil PEOPLE.
People care about inanimate objects because guns are death multipliers. When a nut is on a rampage his body count goes up when he uses them.

I support the 2nd Amendment. Of course I would also not be opposed to the 2nd being abolished as it is written and a new RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS written to account for the passage of time from the Founding and our new American realities.

That being out there, I never tire of seeing stories of ACCEPTABLE COLLATERAL DAMAGE in the name of securing and or maintaining our FREEDOM.

The tyrannical government today would have tanks and attack helicopters.

So I should be able to own a Javelin ATGM or a Stinger MANPAD as a civilian, yes?

So you're admitting that civilians need more powerful weapons in order to fight off a tyrannical government.

The professional army of Ukraine is the force that is fighting off a tyrannical government. Not a gaggle of civilians.

Second Amendment supporters?

The second does not bestow any gun rights outside of a militia. You fall into the nutters dogma when you speak like this.

Nope, gun nuts all claim handguns are more deadly and pretend long guns aren’t meant for war. Ukraine isn’t attacking their own, try to follow facts and not your bs.

The professional army of Ukraine is the force that is fighting off a tyrannical government. Not a gaggle of civilians.

The quickest way to shut down the Ukraine argument is to point out that before invasion by Russia, Ukraine had very strict laws about civilian gun ownership... They handed out weapons to civilians AFTER the invasion...

Everyone's tired of it. Just because people disagree on the solution doesn't mean they want more shootings.

Ukraine's military is only 200k. Ukraine's civilian population of adult men is over 16 MILLION. If even only 20% of those men were armed, we're talking 3.3 million armed men ready to fight the Russians.

Back
Top Bottom