• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Scotland myths debunked

Like the Romans, the Anglo-Saxons barely penetrated farther than the river Forth. Edinburgh was the Northumbrians' most northerly outpost.

I think you're confusing Scotland with Eire (Ireland). Gingers are plentiful in Ireland :)

I thought it was the Scottish sperm banks that stopped taking red headed donors because they had too many.......

Was Edward I a Saxon?
Norwegian Vikings settled in Scotland- some Highland clans trace their ancestry to Viking rather than Scots forebearers.
The people originally called 'Scots' were Gaels from Northern Ireland. They came across in historical times, while the Romans were in England. Scots Gaelic is nearly the same as Irish Gaelic.

Edward I was a Normand. He was part of the house of Plantagenet which was a Normand (French) family.

Yeah, you are right, the Romans made a wall separating what is now English from Scottish, but the saxons and viking invasions were all over Britain, not just England.

This video is very vague and is apparently very optimistic that England will keep good terms with Scotland which of course we will not it will be like a bad divorce. The "West Lothian" question will no longer be a problem, say goodbye to our military contracts as their are plenty of British ports that can handle the navy work, we will take our share of the oil and Scotland's renewable energy program relies on English buyers. To many if's buts and maybes ebhind the SNP's campaign which of course started with "lets all jump on the Euro bandwagon" which of course doesn't look as appealing now, tell me how independent can you really be if you still remain on the pound? You would also be leaving a union of considerable power worldwide able to shape policies and become a nation of a couple of million with high taxes much like Scandinavia.

Edward I was a Normand. He was part of the house of Plantagenet which was a Normand (French) family.
He was indeed a Plantagenet, but they were an Angevin (from Anjou, to the south of Normandy) family. His great great grandmother was the daughter of a Norman King of England, Henry I.

Yeah, you are right, the Romans made a wall separating what is now English from Scottish, but the saxons and viking invasions were all over Britain, not just England.
The Saxons reached most parts of Great Britain, but were most numerous and most secure in their hegemony in the south and east of England. The further north you go, the more mixed is the picture of early mediaeval ethnicity.

This video is very vague and is apparently very optimistic that England will keep good terms with Scotland which of course we will not it will be like a bad divorce. The "West Lothian" question will no longer be a problem, say goodbye to our military contracts as their are plenty of British ports that can handle the navy work, we will take our share of the oil and Scotland's renewable energy program relies on English buyers. To many if's buts and maybes ebhind the SNP's campaign which of course started with "lets all jump on the Euro bandwagon" which of course doesn't look as appealing now, tell me how independent can you really be if you still remain on the pound? You would also be leaving a union of considerable power worldwide able to shape policies and become a nation of a couple of million with high taxes much like Scandinavia.

Ecuador uses the U.S dollar and they certainly seem to have managed to retain some degree of independence.

In relation to what?

Scotland is the worst performing small country in Western Europe, according to a report by business leaders.

The Federation of Small Businesses' annual Index of Wealth compared 10 countries on economic performance, employment rates, health and education.

Scotland's life expectancy rate was a major factor in it coming bottom.

Enough yet??

Scotland is the worst performing small country in Western Europe, according to a report by business leaders.

The Federation of Small Businesses' annual Index of Wealth compared 10 countries on economic performance, employment rates, health and education.

Scotland's life expectancy rate was a major factor in it coming bottom.

Enough yet??

You've yet to explain how to relates to independence (or anything for that matter) if it is the worst performing small country in Western Europe then i don't see how subsidizing the city of London is going to help it.

You've yet to explain how to relates to independence (or anything for that matter) if it is the worst performing small country in Western Europe then i don't see how subsidizing the city of London is going to help it.

Subsidizing the City of London?? :lamo

Pray..do tell!!

Subsidizing the City of London?? :lamo

Pray..do tell!!

Scotland pays a disproportionately high level of tax (see video, for love of god) and the government gave 500 Billion to the banks, from which your average Scot derives little benefit. Theres plenty of wealth in Scotland its just not going to the Scots.

Scotland pays a disproportionately high level of tax (see video, for love of god) and the government gave 500 Billion to the banks, from which your average Scot derives little benefit. Theres plenty of wealth in Scotland its just not going to the Scots.

Are you Scottish?

Back
Top Bottom