• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Scientists discover that atheists might not exist, and that’s not a joke...

I can certainly understand why, after being shunned by family members, simply for not embracing a religious belief. That's beyond "dehumanizing." It's flat-out insanity.
No, we often get shunned by our own family members who leave...

No, we often get shunned by our own family members who leave...
And that makes the fact JWs shun family members, simply for not embracing JW religious dogma/beliefs, any more palpable, or "dehumanizing" how?

And that makes the fact JWs shun family members, simply for not embracing JW religious dogma any more palpable how?
You're still not getting it...most times we don't have to bother because we're the ones who are shunned...

You're still not getting it...most times we don't have to bother because we're the ones who are shunned...
"Most times" doesn't change/dismiss the 'fact' JWs do indeed shun family members, simply because that family member refuses to embrace JW dogma---which is sheer insanity and "dehumanizing."

"Most times" doesn't change/dismiss the 'fact' JWs shun family members, simply because that family member refuses to embrace JW dogma---which is sheer insanity and "dehumanizing."
No, because JW's refuse to participate in activities the ex-JW wants them to do...

No, because JW's refuse to participate in activities the ex-JW wants them to do...
Are you claiming JWs don't shun family members under any circumstances, including a family member refusing to embrace JW religious dogma?

Are you claiming JWs don't shun family members under any circumstances?
No, I'm not, what I am saying is that in most cases it is not even necessary on our part because we are the ones who are shunned...

No, I'm not, what I am saying is that in most cases it is not even necessary on our part because we are the ones who are shunned...
Operative phrase being "most cases." So, indeed JWs do indeed deem it "necessary" to shun 'some' family members if said family members refuse to embrace JW religious dogma. True or False?

Operative phrase being "most cases." So, indeed JWs do indeed shun family members if said family members refuse to embrace JW religious dogma. True or False?
We no longer have anything of importance in common...our faith is a way of life and most people do not like that...Peter pretty much explained the circumstance...

"They are puzzled that you do not continue running with them in the same decadent course of debauchery, so they speak abusively of you." 1 Peter 4:4

We no longer have anything of importance in common..
I see. So once a JW family member refuses to embrace JW religious dogma, that family member is "no longer of importance." Correct?

I see. So once a JW family member refuses to embrace JW religious dogma, that family member is "no longer of importance." Correct?
The ex-JW makes that determination, as well...

Please revisit post# 58, and tell us if the answer to the question posed in that post is True, or is it False.
I'm not going to argue with you, LM...I can speak from personal experience...my own family member harassed me to the point that I had to break all ties with him, for my own peace of mind...

I'm not going to argue with you, LM...I can speak from personal experience...my own family member harassed me to the point that I had to break all ties with him, for my own peace of mind...
It's not an "argument." You clearly seem very reluctant to answer a simple YES or NO question as to whether, or not, JWs shun family members, simply because those family members refuse to embrace JW religious dogma. That reluctance/refusal to answer certainly raises an eyebrow.

It's not an "argument." You clearly seem very reluctant to answer a simple YES or NO question as to whether, or not, JWs shun family members, simply because those family members refuse to embrace JW religious dogma. That reluctance/refusal to answer certainly raises an eyebrow.
What raises an eyebrow is that you seem to view everything as black and white when it is not...have a good day, LM...

What raises an eyebrow is that you seem to view everything as black and white when it is not...have a good day, LM...
Well, JWs either do shun family members who don't embrace JW religious dogma per JW religious dogma, or they don't. Their is no 'grey' area. So, on the question posed in post# 58, which you have refused to give a direct response to, it is "black and white." ( YES or NO ) It's almost as if you are ashamed to answer the fair question, because if the answer is YES, it puts JW religious dogma in a very bad light, without a doubt.

I don't expect that...God never promised us a stress free life but He did promise us the strength to endure whatever life throws at us...
So why do so many people have mental health issues? Clearly some people "break" under the stress.
I think it's the other way around...atheism dehumanizes a person...
How so? Last I checked, I'm an atheist and I'm still a human.
WHILE MILITANT ATHEISTS like Richard Dawkins may be convinced God doesn’t exist, God, if he is around, may be amused to find that atheists might not exist.
That's a lie right there. Prof. Dawkins never said he was convinced god does not exist. He's on record as saying he does not believe god exists, but is open to evidence for a god.

Because otherwise, we make up our own god tales...
Ummm, that's exactly what we did do with the gospels. I have never read or heard of the dude called jesus writing his own autobiography. Unless I'm mistaken it was decades before the first hand me down stories started to appear. Now imagine telling a story and that story has been handed down by word of mouth for forty years, how much has the story changed from the original telling?

So why do so many people have mental health issues? Clearly some people "break" under the stress.
Maybe they didn't ask Him for endurance...
How so? Last I checked, I'm an atheist and I'm still a human.
Because you go against the way you are made...
That's a lie right there. Prof. Dawkins never said he was convinced god does not exist. He's on record as saying he does not believe god exists, but is open to evidence for a god.
Belief is being convinced, is it not?

No...

Or maybe
Maybe they didn't ask Him for endurance...
Or maybe there is no god or that god is useless?
Because you go against the way you are made...
I know myself, thank you. Do not presume to know me!
Belief is being convinced, is it not?
Belief is wishful thinking at best, delusion at worst. Just because you're convinced of something doesn't automatically make it true or real. Even a theist who believes may acknowledge their belief could be wrong. At least that line of thinking is more honest.

Anyone else wonder why the word "Pseudo" is missing from the title of this thread?
New Science is simply a magazine, NOT a peer reviewed Science Journal, and what is being presented as a discovery is little more than an opinion.
The simple fact that the thread creator has previously responded to my posts, proving that I exist, disproves the OP link.

Anyone else wonder why the word "Pseudo" is missing from the title of this thread?
New Science is simply a magazine, NOT a peer reviewed Science Journal, and what is being presented as a discovery is little more than an opinion.
The simple fact that the thread creator has previously responded to my posts, proving that I exist, disproves the OP link.
For anyone familiar with Elora, it’s just a given that any thread she starts in this section of DP is nothing more than straight up bullshit and lies.

For anyone familiar with Elora, it’s just a given that any thread she starts in this section of DP is nothing more than straight up bullshit and lies.
I'm still waiting for a response to your post# 68.

Back
Top Bottom