• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Romney Slams Obama Over Embassy Attacks [W:156,W:236]

Craven political attack or accurate criticism?

• Total voters
Re: Romney Slams Obama Over Embassy Attacks

We have a thing called freedom of speech in this country and if someone thinks they need to expose what they feel is the truth about the Muslim religion they can and should do so. Being intimidated by threats of and acts of terrorism for expressing your opinion just proves you are right. Oppressors always threaten people to remain quiet or die and it is discouraging that people like you are so readily willing to give in to this tactic.

So if you are dealing with a psycho, you think the best response is to say those words you know will set the nutcase off on a rampage simply because it is your RIGHT to say whatever you wish even knowing before you say the words, just what type of extreme response you will get from the psycho?

That does not seem to be rational behaviour, especially so when innocents end up dead or injured owing to the inflammatory speech. In fact it might easily be compared to that famous limitation on free speech rights - You can't yell, FIRE!! in a crowded theatre

As I already stated, I was not the kind of douche bag who second guessed Bush after the many attacks on embassies during his tenure, and I will not be a douche bag here either by second guessing Obama over the same issue. That people have to use this tragedy for political fodder, when we should all be coming together over this tragedy, turns my stomach.

LMAO. NOW it's time we all come together and support our president, just a coincidence that now our president is a Democrat. Face facts here, obama dropped the ball. The man supported these revolutions that were organized by the Muslim Brotherhood and he did not add extra security to our embassies on the twin towers anniversary in countries he helped them take over. I realize Democrats and Democrats in disguise like you want us to ignore obama's mistakes especially now when we have an opportunity to get rid of him but his decisions on foreign policy, the economy etc need to be closely scrutinized in order to determine weather or not he deserves a second chance. By the way it turns my stomach that you want to ignore decisions made by a sitting president and focus all your attention on his challenger for the office.

LMAO. NOW it's time we all come together and support our president, just a coincidence that now our president is a Democrat. Face facts here, obama dropped the ball.

Talking points from Fox and Limbaugh are not facts.

The man supported these revolutions that were organized by the Muslim Brotherhood

Like I said, statements that are false are not facts... See above for an example.

Romney has to win the election now. Otherwise those lives will have been lost in vain. :roll:

From the opening...."an apology for American values". Craven political attack, of course. If Romney could have managed his criticism without hyperbole, then....oh wait, couldn't possible manage that.

The initial response was pathetic but something tells me this poll is going to divide itself perfectly along party lines

No, moderates and independents have been running from Romney for some time. The stench of this will keep them away.

Talking points from Fox and Limbaugh are not facts.

Like I said, statements that are false are not facts... See above for an example.

One again, LMAO. When all else fails, when you have run out of any logical thing to say just say, "Rush and FOX" then run home to mommy.:lamo

LMAO. NOW it's time we all come together and support our president, just a coincidence that now our president is a Democrat. Face facts here, obama dropped the ball. The man supported these revolutions that were organized by the Muslim Brotherhood and he did not add extra security to our embassies on the twin towers anniversary in countries he helped them take over. I realize Democrats and Democrats in disguise like you want us to ignore obama's mistakes especially now when we have an opportunity to get rid of him but his decisions on foreign policy, the economy etc need to be closely scrutinized in order to determine weather or not he deserves a second chance. By the way it turns my stomach that you want to ignore decisions made by a sitting president and focus all your attention on his challenger for the office.

248485_529482670410582_1425139976_n.jpg

Have a nice day with your political posturing.

One again, LMAO. When all else fails, when you have run out of any logical thing to say just say, "Rush and FOX" then run home to mommy.:lamo

Well, do you have any original thoughts on this issue?

And RUSH is a band.

Typical lib post, just put a stupid cartoon up from some left wing blog and call that a response in a debate. You guys are nothing if not predictable.

I understand it must be frustrating to watch team Romney flush their campaign down the crapper, but don't blame Obama for this.

The GOP started with a field of extremists like Santorum and Bachmann. Romney believes he needs to play to that far-right base, and, in desperation, he made some pathetically stupid comments. You can't seriously be blaming Obama for Romney's ineptitude?

I bet OBL said that right before he heard a noise outside...

Romney ended his political career yesterday.

Most Americans now know he should never get near the WH.

Oh...I'm sure bin Laden wasn't thinking about Obama right about then...probably thinking about virgins.

My, my....but you are awash with wishful thinking, eh? Romney hasn't ended anything...except maybe Obama's political career.

Typical lib post, just put a stupid cartoon up from some left wing blog and call that a response in a debate. You guys are nothing if not predictable.

Sorry, guy, but you screwed up again. Like to call names, right? Kind of funny that I am voting for Gary Johnson, but keep calling names. Ain't no skin off my nose. You didn't make me mad. LOL. Sticks and stones. But, here's some advise. If you want to help Romney clean up Obama's mess, you can gift some of this to the president. :mrgreen:

yhst-49162770394867_2223_6908870

Oh...I'm sure bin Laden wasn't thinking about Obama right about then...probably thinking about virgins.

My, my....but you are awash with wishful thinking, eh? Romney hasn't ended anything...except maybe Obama's political career.

In their continued misguided attempts to appeal to the Santorum/Bachmann base, team Romney unofficially lost the election yesterday. That is undeniable.

Romney will go into a depression for few days, realizing it's over. But then he will go through the motions of a campaign.

My advice now is to have some integrity and stop all the hateful hyper-partisan b.s. Obama has to govern on Nov. 7, and unless Romney wants to go on a concession speech tour for weeks after the election, he needs to STFU and show some restraint.

We have a thing called freedom of speech in this country and if someone thinks they need to expose what they feel is the truth about the Muslim religion they can and should do so. Being intimidated by threats of and acts of terrorism for expressing your opinion just proves you are right. Oppressors always threaten people to remain quiet or die and it is discouraging that people like you are so readily willing to give in to this tactic.

We may have freedom of speech, however, I see no problem with a US Embassy issuing a statement that the US does not condone the actions of those who are Anti Muslim. We should be promoting peace as a nation, not trying to start a holy war.
What I find funny is that the religious right in this country can dish it out but they can not take it. As soon as anyone says anyting even remotely anti christian, the religious right starts screaming oppression and how the US government is trying to take away their rights to worship.

Well, do you have any original thoughts on this issue?

And RUSH is a band.

I thought it was when a junkie gets an injection, same thing, Rush is an oxycontin junky.

Sorry, guy, but you screwed up again. Like to call names, right? Kind of funny that I am voting for Gary Johnson, but keep calling names. Ain't no skin off my nose. You didn't make me mad. LOL. Sticks and stones. But, here's some advise. If you want to help Romney clean up Obama's mess, you can gift some of this to the president. :mrgreen:

yhst-49162770394867_2223_6908870

It is more obvious every day who and what you are so drop the act. You call cspan on the conservative line and say, "I voted for Bush, I am a conservative BUT" then you recite every Dem talking point. Does the DNC pay you to do this or do you have delusions of grandeur and do this of your own accord?

It is more obvious every day who and what you are so drop the act. You call cspan on the conservative line and say, "I voted for Bush, I am a conservative BUT" then you recite every Dem talking point. Does the DNC pay you to do this or do you have delusions of grandeur and do this of your own accord?

This thread isn't about me. It's about what Romney said. What are you going to do next? Pull the BIG weapon out of your debating arsenal and call me Diarrhea? Nah, I bet you try "poopy head" first. I'm sure you believe that will work out for you, and I bet you think that will win you the award for Debate Politics debater of the year. LMAO.

We may have freedom of speech, however, I see no problem with a US Embassy issuing a statement that the US does not condone the actions of those who are Anti Muslim. We should be promoting peace as a nation, not trying to start a holy war.
What I find funny is that the religious right in this country can dish it out but they can not take it. As soon as anyone says anyting even remotely anti christian, the religious right starts screaming oppression and how the US government is trying to take away their rights to worship.[/QUOTE]

So you see the difference here between Christians and Muslims. Christians see Christ in a bottle of piss and get annoyed and saddened. Muslims hear one bad word about Mohamed and go on a killing spree. Think about that.

I think Charles Krauthammer sums it up pretty well:

So, Romney flushes his own campaign down the crapper and some tool on Fox pisses in the water swirling the bowl... that's not something you should allow to enter the echo chamber, IMO.

I can't believe conservatives aren't more pissed at their candidate actually increasing engine speed as his run for President goes down in flames.

All the time, money, and passion from his supporters and those who just wanted to vote against Obama is all now for naught.

This thread isn't about me. It's about what Romney said. What are you going to do next? Pull the BIG weapon out of your debating arsenal and call me Diarrhea? Nah, I bet you try "poopy head" first. I'm sure you believe that will work out for you, and I bet you think that will win you the award for Debate Politics debater of the year. LMAO.

Sorry I outed you but it had to be done. Just admit you are a liberal, be honest and engage in honest debate.

Sorry I outed you but it had to be done. Just admit you are a liberal, be honest and engage in honest debate.

Looks like you have also outed Charles Krauthamer, George Will, George Bush's top 3 security advisers, and a raft of other Conservatives who also criticized Mitt Romney for acting like a fool. You need to write them a letter, telling them to just be honest and engage in honest debate, like a Leebrrull should.

Thanx for playing, and by the way, thanx for putting a smile on my face today. I might not be able to sleep tonight, I am laughing so hard. :rofl

Last edited:

So, Romney flushes his own campaign down the crapper and some tool on Fox pisses in the water swirling the bowl... that's not something you should allow to enter the echo chamber, IMO.

I can't believe conservatives aren't more pissed at their candidate actually increasing engine speed as his run for President goes down in flames.

All the time, money, and passion from his supporters and those who just wanted to vote against Obama is all now for naught.

I said wishful thinking and I meant it.

Heck, your own man, Obama, shouldn't be President according to your thinking.

I said wishful thinking and I meant it.

Heck, your own man, Obama, shouldn't be President according to your thinking.

This is out of context, because this is a case where a president sent our troops to the wrong war, based on lies. To Bush's credit, he finally kicked the Neocons out of his administration towards the end of his second term, but the damage was done. If not for Iraq, and a couple of other missteps, history may have regarded Bush as a decent president. But the bad overshadows the good, and the many good things that Bush DID do as president.

However, under Bush, there have also been many embassy bombings, and I will be the first to say that Bush did all he could to mitigate and limit the damage and deaths from those. There is only so much a president can do, and only a douche bag would attempt to pin all that on Bush.

Back
Top Bottom