• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roe v. Wade will be overturned if Trump wins, Pence says

This is why libertarians are totally delusional.

Yeah Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin... All "totally delusional."

:roll:

That in itself is an outright lie.

Oh, the delicious irony.

The only irony here lies in you projecting your dishonesty onto others.

You have made objectively false claims and these have been corrected.

And there you have it. No more little laws, picking at Roe v. Wade. They are finally telling the truth instead of beating around the bush.

If Trump is elected, my plans are to invest in a coat-hanger factory. Business is going to be YUUUUGEEEE.

Article is here.

Seems to be a bit of the ol' fear mongering here.

Even if Trump were elected and got to pick a few new SCOTUS judges, I doubt Roe v Wade would be overturned. He probably would pick pro-Corporate judges who don't actually give a fudge towards abortion.

The only irony here lies in you projecting your dishonesty onto others.

You have made objectively false claims and these have been corrected.

Thanks for admitting you lied and you have nothing to counter what I posted.

I accept your concession of defeat.

Sorry, but you're wrong.

Maybe if you click your heels together three times and wish really, REALLY hard, that will magically come true.

Sorry you refuse to accept reality. A fetus/embryo is simply not a human being.

Yeah Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin... All "totally delusional."

:roll:

Okay, factually incorrect then. Better?

How backwards is that? Killing other humans is a human right.

Yes, elective abortions are a human rights issue.

The unborn are inside and attached to the woman.

The woman knows herself and her life situation best and ( along with her doctor ) best knows her health and she should be able to choose whether or not to continue or to abort her pregnancy.

Many pro choice churches/religions ( including Jewish religions) feel that access to birth control and elective abortions are a part of our religious liberty in the US.

They weren't libertarians.

Please learn some history before attempting to talk about it.

I selected those 3 for a reason. If you have your own education on the relevant historical fact, please employ your brain a bit and remember their relevance to the topic at hand.

Or you know go pick up a book sometime and learn the fact in the first place.

I selected those 3 for a reason. If you have your own education on the relevant historical fact, please employ your brain a bit and remember their relevance to the topic at hand.

Or you know go pick up a book sometime and learn the fact in the first place.

Ah, so you've never heard of 'slavery'? Or limits on the right to vote? To own property? Rather antithetical to the idea of liberty and libertarianism.

Again, I strong suggest you actually know what you're talking about before talking.

Ah, so you've never heard of 'slavery'? Or limits on the right to vote? To own property? Rather antithetical to the idea of liberty and libertarianism.

Again, I strong suggest you actually know what you're talking about before talking.

Oh my god, you seriously still don't get it or you're trolling and I don't know which is worse.

Those three men worked together on a certain specific task relevant to the topic at hand. Please recall history or google it if you had the attention span of a gnat in grade school.

Oh my god, you seriously still don't get it or you're trolling and I don't know which is worse.

Those three men worked together on a certain specific task relevant to the topic at hand. Please recall history or google it if you had the attention span of a gnat in grade school.

Yes, of course they did. No one's disputing that.

What is disputed, however, is your utterly delusional and ahistorical claim that they were somehow, magically, 'libertarian'. They weren't, nor have you (or can you, clearly) demonstrated that they were.

Why bother to talk about history when you're clearly out of your depth and utterly unacquainted with it?

Yes, of course they did. No one's disputing that.

What is disputed, however, is your utterly delusional and ahistorical claim that they were somehow, magically, 'libertarian'. They weren't, nor have you (or can you, clearly) demonstrated that they were.

Why bother to talk about history when you're clearly out of your depth and utterly unacquainted with it?

Read better. I made no such claim.

Granted, the the task they were given was very much aligned with libertarian values and Thomas Jefferson in particular could certainly be noted for strong ideological overlap with libertarianism...

... But the latter is a claim I am making now. I certainly wouldn't broadly call an authoritarian Federalist like John Adams a libertarian.

But see, there I go displaying actual knowledge and thinking about this like it matters – it doesn't matter because you either aren't serious and you're just trolling or worse, you seriously didn't know... Which would mean you're not likely to start grasping simple concepts all of a sudden anyway.

Read better. I made no such claim.

Yes, you implicitly did. Right here: http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...-trump-wins-pence-says-36.html#post1066156481
Granted, the the task they were given was very much aligned with libertarian values and Thomas Jefferson in particular could certainly be noted for strong ideological overlap with libertarianism...

Not really, since he wasn't interested in liberty for slaves, women, etc....
... But the latter is a claim I am making now. I certainly wouldn't broadly call an authoritarian Federalist like John Adams a libertarian.

But see, there I go displaying actual knowledge and thinking about this like it matters – it doesn't matter because you either aren't serious and you're just trolling or worse, you seriously didn't know... Which would mean you're not likely to start grasping simple concepts all of a sudden anyway.

Look, I get it: you made an absurd claim, not based at all in reality, you got called on it, and now all you can do is bloviate and accuse others of being trolls.

Sorry that history frightens you so.

Try studying it some day. It will become less scary, I assure you.

Don't really care about what the "Star wars bar room" that is the UN committee thinks about the issue. Common sense tells me that what is growing inside the woman's womb is not a virus, is not a cancer, is not a toaster....It is a HUMAN!....That you uphold the convenience to kill it for contraceptive purposes is disgusting.

What is disgusting, and in excusable, is wanting to force women to gestate and give birth against their will, treating them as broodmares for the barren.

Yes, you implicitly did. Right here: http://www.debatepolitics.com/break...-trump-wins-pence-says-36.html#post1066156481

Not really, since he wasn't interested in liberty for slaves, women, etc....

Look, I get it: you made an absurd claim, not based at all in reality, you got called on it, and now all you can do is bloviate and accuse others of being trolls.

Sorry that history frightens you so.

Try studying it some day. It will become less scary, I assure you.

Natural rights. Get a clue. My "claim" was that the men who wrote the document affirming the existence of our independent nation on the basis of natural rights like life and liberty were not delusional. You are lying, and you are ignorant of fact.

Zef is not dehumanizing, it's an acronym. And there are anti choicers who use it, as well as pro choicers.

"Zef" is a bigoted, dehumanizing slur only used by especially hateful bigots.

Back
Top Bottom