• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Roe has been overruled.

LOL, the crying has already begun, and it is glorious!

So the "state" has a right to ban elective plastic surgery? How about cosmetic dentistry?

They have the authority to, doesn't mean that they will or if they choose to do so it will be a popular policy.

No, what happened during Roe v. Wade was a constitutional decision, this decision was judicial activism spearheaded by Talibornigans

False,

The creation of law is the purvey of the legislature, exclusively. The court had no authority to create law.

They have the authority to, doesn't mean that they will or if they choose to do so it will be a popular policy.
I don't think they do. Based on your opinion the state could ban just about anything except guns of course. Can't ban them.

I don't think they do. Based on your opinion the state could ban just about anything except guns of course. Can't ban them.

Owning a firearm is a right, getting a tummy tuck is a privilege.

And yes the state has the power to do, many states banned elective procedures during COVID-19, but they were not allowed to ban abortions due to it being considered a right at the time.

Sad day for America. I'm sure the religious wingnuts can't wait until the first woman dies because she couldn't get an abortion or chose to get it "illegally". Of course these fake "pro life" zealots are rerally pro fetus becuase after birth they could give a shit about them. Just look at the maternal health care statistics and public support of those restrictive states. Thank god I don't live in a state full of wing nuts. We will benefit from enhanced travel for our health care services. Imagine having a wife or daughter forced to give birth even if its a danger to their lives. Boggles the mind.

I know.

If only someone could invent ways to prevent pregnancy. Maybe some sort of barrier, spermicide cream, a pill. Or imagine if there were a way to take a pill after sex that would stop pregnancy, or a plan B that would prevent it up to two weeks later?

But you're right, abortion is the only choice other than pregnancy - which is why the Nazi left demands abortion on demand even after birth.

We can at last return to democracy.

Apparently you didn't get the memo, but conservatives hate democracy.

Owning a firearm is a right, getting a tummy tuck is a privilege.

And yes the state has the power to do, many states banned elective procedures during COVID-19, but they were not allowed to ban abortions due to it being considered a right at the time.
Banning an elective procedure during a pandemic is one thing and not what I meant when asking whether the state has a right to ban it. They also forced postponement of NONelective procedures. Lets proceed on the premise the pandemic has passed. Does the state still have the right to ban that tummy tuck?

I know, damn those babies maliciously punishing women.
Damn pregnacy complications that the threaten the very life of the woman.

I have experienced first hand risking my life for my unborn.

Mine was a wanted pregnancy.
I cannot support a law that won’t let a woman have an early abortion for an unwanted pregnancy.
The choice should be between her, her doctor and her conscience/religion.

I was very ill with my first pregnancy and my kidneys were damaged.

I was so ill that I also became anemic and when it was time for delivery my doctor gave me a general because he had the delivery ready to give me a complete blood transfusion if I started hemorrhaging.

When I was wheeled into the delivery room,I did not know if I would survive or even learn if I had a boy or girl.
I never considered abortion once during that difficult pregnancy.

All my pregnancies were high risk , 6 of them .
There were 2 miscarriages between my second child and my third child.
A pregnancy is a maybe …Not a promise.

Luckily I did not have the extreme illness and anemia in my other pregnancies.

If I had been that ill during one of my later pregnancies when I had little ones at home that depended on me I honestly do not know if I would have considered abortion.

Probably not , but I can't say for sure because I loved/ love my children and I know I wanted to be around to love them , raise them ,and support them.

I know.

If only someone could invent ways to prevent pregnancy. Maybe some sort of barrier, spermicide cream, a pill. Or imagine if there were a way to take a pill after sex that would stop pregnancy, or a plan B that would prevent it up to two weeks later?

But you're right, abortion is the only choice other than pregnancy - which is why the Nazi left demands abortion on demand even after birth.
Don't worry, the wing nut sleezeball and traitor justice thomas is looking into the right to get access to contraception. The crazy wing nut zealots won't be happy until there is a camera in every bedroom.

Its funny the catholic church where much of this religious zealotry comes from ignored child abuse for hundreds of years and cooperated with the nazis to stay in power. If only they had some morals or ethics.

I cannot support a law that won’t let a woman have an early abortion for an unwanted pregnancy.

I was very ill with my first pregnancy and my kidneys were damaged.

I was so ill that I also became anemic and when it was time for delivery my doctor gave me a general because he had the delivery ready to give me a complete blood transfusion if I started hemorrhaging.

When I was wheeled into the delivery room,I did not know if I would survive or even learn if I had a boy or girl.
I never considered abortion once during that difficult pregnancy.

All my pregnancies were high risk , 6 of them .
There were 2 miscarriages between my second child and my third child.
A pregnancy is a maybe …Not a promise.

Luckily I did not have the extreme illness and anemia in my other pregnancies.

If I had been that ill during one of my later pregnancies when I had little ones at home that depended on me I honestly do not know if I would have considered abortion.

Probably not , but I can't say for sure because I loved/ love my children and I know I wanted to be around to love them , raise them ,and support them.
So even with difficult pregnancies, you didn’t view them as curses or punishments?

We can at last return to democracy.
There is a greater and more powerful law than the Supreme Court: the law of unintended consequences.

Yes, absolutely as long it is for vanity and not a medical purpose
So the state can ban selling any and all beauty products? Hair products? Prevent businesses from being established for that purpose? I never knew the "state" had such power.

Back in the day, the Supreme Court was easily swayed because it was controlled by Liberal Lawmakers, rather than by Conservative LAW DEFINERS. The Constitution has always allowed for AMENDMENTS to the Constitution. And it has allowed for the STATES to regard their own considerations without FEDERAL interference, aside from drafting an AMENDMENT.
Actually , when Roe was decided the majority of the justices were appointed by Republican presidents.

Blackmun, who penned the Supreme Court’s final Majority opinion, was appointed by Republican President Richard Nixon. Also appointed by Nixon were Burgher and Powell. So far, three of the seven Justices in the Majority were appointed by a Republican President. But do not forget that Brennan and Stewart were appointed by Republican President Dwight Eisenhower. This means that five of the seven Majority Justices were appointed by Republican presidents (Douglas and Marshall were appointed by Democratic Presidents Franklin D. Roosevelt and Lyndon B. Johnson, respectively). What’s more, take the two Democratic-appointed judges out of the Majority, and you are still left with all-Republican majority of the Court that legalizes abortion.

Most constitutional court in 70 years.

Two decisions in two days upholding the United States Constitution.
Indeed. Great line in a letter to the NYTimes sums it up: "With the Supreme Court's precedent-shattering decisions on guns and abortion this week, we Americans would do well to take a moment to think of all the babies who might otherwise not have been born who will now grow up to be shot in adolescence."

So would you support the right of a woman to have an abortion while she is in labor?

That is physically impossible. Late term abortions take at least two days and have to be scheduled in advance.

They only occur if the fetus is not viable or the pregnant woman will have irreparable damage to a bodily function such as stroke, heart attack, kidney damage or liver damage if the pregnancy continued.

Kansas keep a record in 2008 of all abortions at or past 22 weeks gestation and why they were performed including Dr. Tiller’s patients.

In 2008 there were 323 abortions at or after 22 weeks gestation.

131 were because the fetus was non viable the other
192 abortion were because the woman would suffer irreparable damage to a major bodily function if the pregnancy continued.

See pages 8 and 9 of the Kansas PDF link.

https://www.kdhe.ks.gov/DocumentCenter/View/13413/KS-Abortions-2008-PDF

The absurdity of the hysteria from the fringe left is quite amusing and entertaining to watch.

I'll let you in on a secret, abortion isn't the only form of birth control. In fact the Reich lies that it's not birth control at all - that all abortions are performed because of rape and incest., but then democrats lie about everything - always.
I'm quoting your post to increase the likelihood as many as possible are exposed to your opinions. They seem cries for help.

Women on the "right" get abortions too.
I know.

Tell me (never mind that there are some pro-lifers on the "left" too) - how do you imagine that supports your position?

-snip-

Thank you, but you shouldn't have to give that much of yourself to fill a void in other posters where their empathy should be.

Back
Top Bottom