• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rising diesel prices lead to layoffs in trucking industry

Yeah, I have to question the accuracy of the source on that one. I thought the same thing. For sure, surging prices and inflation are hitting companies hard; but in a global supply chain problem and desperately trying to find drivers, it seems suspect that now they're firing them off.
It's just too stupid to comment on.

To Trumpists really belive anything like it is said they do?

Oil producers in America have no ability to set the price of oil. It's a boom and bust business dependent on multiple factors and right now its a boom time. Biden's obsession with killing American oil has backfired. He's hurt the American people but oil companies are profiting from the imposed by Biden supply part of the supply and demand equation.
If they can't set prices...and we're not using more oil....they how are they recording record margins?

That isn't logically consistant.

Start a nuclear war = a change in fuel prices by a president

Make a asinine Iran nuke deal = cheap gas at the pumps by the president for a while, we seen so in recent history

Drill more/frack more losen regulations and laws be pro oil = a change in the fuel pumps by the president.
Regulations aren't holding back drilling. You don't know what you re talking about

The Saudis could flood the oil market, causing gas prices to be a $1 buck a gallon?
And what happens here when that happens? Layoffs.

Do you people ever think things out beyond your own self interests?

If they can't set prices...and we're not using more oil....they how are they recording record margins?

That isn't logically consistant.
Demand is higher supply is lower. This is basic economics.

Of course production was reduced when the left shut down this country in a bid to regain power. Instead of looking to the future and realizing the catastrophe they were creating the left did nothing. Trump warned everyone about the unnecessary shut down. He was focused on the vaccine and working through this pandemic. The left focused on using the pandemic to regain power, spread fear, and panic.
Sorry, that’s silly. The entire world didn’t conspire to make Trump lose and world production didn’t shrink 12 million barrels a day because the U.S. shut down. The entire world shut down because of the legitimate need to slow the spread of Covid. You care more about the economy, so what if people die? But I understand not being pro-life regarding people already born.

You also are engaging in revisionist history. In 2020 Trump wasn’t focusing on vaccines. By Dec 2020, only two million were vaccinated.

$6:00? If we don't elect some real leaders to congress and put a stop to this debacle we will be looking at $10:00 a gallon and the Carter lines. I have had enough of high prices, shortages, and runaway inflation as being good for us. This is the result of unnecessary shut downs instead of moving ahead responsibly.

So you don't have any actual answers to the problem. Just you want you team in power

Of course production was reduced when the left shut down this country in a bid to regain power. Instead of looking to the future and realizing the catastrophe they were creating the left did nothing. Trump warned everyone about the unnecessary shut down. He was focused on the vaccine and working through this pandemic. The left focused on using the pandemic to regain power, spread fear, and panic.

No

Hopefully the people have had enough of the current Failure in Chief and will start by clearing out our senile congress and eventually putting the president in a nursing home as well.
Clearing out congress and letting the younger take over, like AOC.

Let's address thia real fast.

Do you think the leader of the government saying in no uncertain terms that he wants to decrease oil, that it is supposed to inspire confidence in the oil market?

Srsly?
On a global scale? Nope. Oil prices are globally driven.

Your own link confirms my previous post saying Biden put millions of acres of productive oil fields off limits.
Try again.LMAO
Yes, but there is still much available. Why not use what is available first?

If I put out three dozen cookies and people only eat a dozen, should I put out three again the next day?

And the recession begins. Trucking companies laying off will have a huge ripple effect on the already broken supply chain and drag us down very quickly. Good work Biden. Your anti fossil fuels agenda is going as planned.

“A lot of these trucks you see now are not going to be here anymore.”

“Maurice Burnside, owner of Phaymis Trucking Company, said on NewsNation’s “Morning in America” that his fuel costs have nearly doubled from last year— going from $10,000 to $18,000.

“It’s a struggle,” he said. “The longer hauls are a bit more of a challenge. What we’ve been doing with my company, we’ve been taking shorter runs so we spend less money in diesel, but we also make less money.”

With high diesel prices expected to rise, Burnside expects the situation will continue to be detrimental to a lot of people.

“You can’t operate like that,” he said. “We can’t drive for free. We have families to take care of.”

Liberals could care less.

They created this scenario and are running from it full speed.

Yes, but there is still much available. Why not use what is available first?

If I put out three dozen cookies and people only eat a dozen, should I put out three again the next day?
That’s where Biden’s anti fossil fuel agenda comes into play and throws a wrench in the gears of economic law.

Demand is higher supply is lower. This is basic economics.
So? This holds true from the perspective of getting absolutely as much as possible for your product, economic harm be damned. Is that what you're saying?

If I owned all the water, I could give away for free, or sell it for however much I wanted, supply being mine, and demand being constant to live. So what does that say about me if I jacked up my prices?

This is very simple...oil companies are increasing the price because they CAN. It doesn't cost any more to refine.

So? This holds true from the perspective of getting absolutely as much as possible for your product, economic harm be damned. Is that what you're saying?

If I owned all the water, I could give away for free, or sell it for however much I wanted, supply being mine, and demand being constant to live. So what does that say about me if I jacked up my prices?

This is very simple...oil companies are increasing the price because they CAN. It doesn't cost any more to refine.
And now you think oil companies own the refineries. I’m wasting my time here. Have a nice day.

That’s where Biden’s anti fossil fuel agenda comes into play and throws a wrench in the gears of economic law.
Prove it. Show your work. No more RW speculation.

Liberals could care less.

They created this scenario and are running from it full speed.
Liberals caused lower demand for diesel over the last decade.....and forced diesel refineries to close?

Where did you get that...Faux Newz?

And what happens here when that happens? Layoffs.

Do you people ever think things out beyond your own self interests?
I don't care about lay offs, I want cheap gas

Liberals caused lower demand for diesel over the last decade.....and forced diesel refineries to close?

Where did you get that...Faux Newz?
Sure you run with that

I don't care about lay offs, I want cheap gas
The discussion is diesel.
Sure you run with that
Well if want to assume USN's argument, then tell me how "liberals" caused diesel refineries to close and have us end up with limited diesel fuel supply?

Back
Top Bottom