• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rising diesel prices lead to layoffs in trucking industry

So paying $5.00 soon going to $6.00 per gallon doesn't bother you a bit?
It sucks, but it's not the end of the world for me. I would rather pay a bit more now, then **** up the environment for ever. Prices will go down again it's inevitable.

Fair. And also true.

But just to play devils advocate...if retailers are setting prices based on competition rather than cost...whats stopping the oil producers from doing the same?

How do you explain record profit margins for oil companies? Have they produced and sold significantly more oil? Nope, not according to them.
Oil producers in America have no ability to set the price of oil. It's a boom and bust business dependent on multiple factors and right now its a boom time. Biden's obsession with killing American oil has backfired. He's hurt the American people but oil companies are profiting from the imposed by Biden supply part of the supply and demand equation.

It sucks, but it's not the end of the world for me. I would rather pay a bit more now, then **** up the environment for ever. Prices will go down again it's inevitable.
So high gas prices only being temporarily high help the environment how? Biden begging OPEC to produce more oil helps the environment? Biden draining our oil reserves helps the environment?

If it was so easy just a flip a switch why are the prices so high. They are high because the current failure in chief is not doing what is necessary to lower the price.
YOU have to change the regulations for new technology to take over
AS I said right now they have to cement the wells closed to shut them down and drill them back out and flush them out to put them back on line
Please learn to read
it has nothing to do with what Biden did
He SUSPENDED granting leases on Federal Land
He did NOT stop drilling
Have a nice day

If it was so easy just a flip a switch why are the prices so high. They are high because the current failure in chief is not doing what is necessary to lower the price.
Yeah, because Biden's unspecified actions caused crude oil prices to be high, worldwide.

The reality, of course, is that production collapsed in 2020 (see graph) when Trump was president. I am not foolish enough to blame Trump for that, however.
All though 2021, production has been rising back. Oil producers are reluctant to over-product and force a glut, that lowers prices. They are happy with getting the current price.

So high gas prices only being temporarily high help the environment how? Biden begging OPEC to produce more oil helps the environment? Biden draining our oil reserves helps the environment?
You are all over the place trying desperately to pin this on Biden. Pathetic really.

You are all over the place trying desperately to pin this on Biden. Pathetic really.
Well let's focus on one thing then. How does Biden draining our oil reserves help the environment?

Well let's focus on one thing then. How does Biden draining our oil reserves help the environment?
No, let's focus on your original point. Biden stopping drilling in ANWR.

No, let's focus on your original point. Biden stopping drilling in ANWR.
Okay you concede Biden draining our national oil reserves doesn't help the environment.
Let's move to Anwr. How does Biden putting millions of acres of productive oil fields off limits as he simultaneously drains our national oil reserves help the environment?

Yeah, because Biden's unspecified actions caused crude oil prices to be high, worldwide.

The reality, of course, is that production collapsed in 2020 (see graph) when Trump was president. I am not foolish enough to blame Trump for that, however.
All though 2021, production has been rising back. Oil producers are reluctant to over-product and force a glut, that lowers prices. They are happy with getting the current price.
oh, I forgot the graph. Here it be:
1653405070430.png

Okay you concede Biden draining our national oil reserves doesn't help the environment.
Let's move to Anwr. How does Biden putting millions of acres of productive oil fields off limits as he simultaneously drains our national oil reserves help the environment?
The idea that worldwide oil prices being high has something to do with not drilling in places that haven't been drilled makes no sense. Let's address the facts:
  • There is no gasoline shortage. I don't see "no gas today," signs at filling stations.
  • Gasoline is expensive because world crude oil prices are up. Why? Many countries have cut production, for various reasons. You see, they make more money when the world price is high.
  • Oh you say, 'but if we drill more, it will bring the price down.' American oil companies sell oil at the world price, regardless of what it cost them to drill. They also aren't going to flood the market with oil, enough to change the world price -- even if they could.

We'll be as lucky as can be to only have a recession. Society is collapsing and most people seem to think we can keep living how we've been dying and killing.
please source your claim

The idea that worldwide oil prices being high has something to do with not drilling in places that haven't been drilled makes no sense. Let's address the facts:
  • There is no gasoline shortage. I don't see "no gas today," signs at filling stations.
  • Gasoline is expensive because world crude oil prices are up. Why? Many countries have cut production, for various reasons. You see, they make more money when the world price is high.
  • Oh you say, 'but if we drill more, it will bring the price down.' American oil companies sell oil at the world price, regardless of what it cost them to drill. They also aren't going to flood the market with oil, enough to change the world price -- even if they could.
Clinton era talking points that were debunked during Trump drill baby drill era

Only a child or a career politician would think high prices for your commodity means you limit production.
It's more complicated than that, but you never bother to do any research other than watching a right-wing news network.

It's more complicated than that, but you never bother to do any research other than watching a right-wing news network.
It's just that simple. When the commodity you produce goes up in value you increase production. It's basic economics that Marxist don't understand.

So paying $5.00 soon going to $6.00 per gallon doesn't bother you a bit?
$6:00? If we don't elect some real leaders to congress and put a stop to this debacle we will be looking at $10:00 a gallon and the Carter lines. I have had enough of high prices, shortages, and runaway inflation as being good for us. This is the result of unnecessary shut downs instead of moving ahead responsibly.

Drilling in ANWR
$6:00? If we don't elect some real leaders to congress and put a stop to this debacle we will be looking at $10:00 a gallon and the Carter lines. I have had enough of high prices, shortages, and runaway inflation as being good for us. This is the result of unnecessary shut downs instead of moving ahead responsibly.
What can congress do? And what does a real leader look like in congress?

Of course production was reduced when the left shut down this country in a bid to regain power. Instead of looking to the future and realizing the catastrophe they were creating the left did nothing. Trump warned everyone about the unnecessary shut down. He was focused on the vaccine and working through this pandemic. The left focused on using the pandemic to regain power, spread fear, and panic.

Drilling in ANWR

What can congress do? And what does a real leader look like in congress?
Our congress resembles a nursing home along with the loser in the White house. We need young vibrant leaders to get this country moving forward and out of rut the democrats put us in.

Biden should have been ramping up production the day he took office.
Biden doesn't own any oil companies. He has no way to ramp up production.
They knew the shut downs were history after they used it to regain power. Instead he he created shortages with his anti fossil fuel policies.
What policy? What shortage? We do not have a shortage of oil, or gas. It's why there are no gas lines.

YOU have to change the regulations for new technology to take over
AS I said right now they have to cement the wells closed to shut them down and drill them back out and flush them out to put them back on line
Please learn to read
it has nothing to do with what Biden did
He SUSPENDED granting leases on Federal Land
He did NOT stop drilling
Have a nice day
Hopefully the people have had enough of the current Failure in Chief and will start by clearing out our senile congress and eventually putting the president in a nursing home as well.

Our congress resembles a nursing home along with the loser in the White house. We need young vibrant leaders to get this country moving forward and out of rut the democrats put us in.
So you just have stupid little sound bites and nothing of substance

the president has zero control over the prices. Did you not know that the US has not nationalized the oil industry?

The left was warned their policies would create exactly what is happening.
What policy? You can't name even one lol.
Clearly they did not care or were not smart enough to see it coming.
Because it's a claim pulled out of the asses of right wing trash media. It has no basis in reality, and is quite demonstrably false.

Back
Top Bottom