• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Rioting French Middle Class not so 'THRILLED" with Paris Accord Now. Trump RIGHT AGAIN./

The whole Paris protesting thing with liberals protesting against carbon taxes just makes me bust a gut laughing.

Always amusing to see conservative old white men commenting on France...a place they never been to, where they don't know one person or speak one word of the Language...Pathetique

I know that the lowly taxpayer always foots the bills in the end. I remember the 2008 bank bailout that we paid for. The problem is that noone went to jail. I'd like to see the Big Energy Corps in bars and stripes.
/

That part I can agree with...we see businesses and corporations do various unethical and illegal things and then the corporation gets fined or w/e but it's not like the corporation is a living entity unto itself. It was the employees that did it. Fines and such just hurt the normal people the most, all the time, whether it's messing with stock investments or passing on costs to consumers.

Gotta start going after the actual individuals involves with the fines and prison time.

So what is this thread about? Are DP cons supporting the yellow vests protesting in France? Because they want much more than to prevent a tax increase on fuel. They also want redistribution of wealth, increases in salaries and minimum wage, increases to social security, etc.

Jump on board folks!

Europeans are waking up to the mistake of the EU. Britains wised up and are attacked for their wisdom.

It's the colossal fight of our time. Globalists VS. nationalists. Globalists infiltrate every party in America. Nationalists seem to be on the right where they are vilified for not being globalists.

So Macron backs down on the fuel tax and they are still rioting? Hmmm methinks these rioters are being paid to riot. Probably by the far right climate change deniers. Oh and surprise suprised trump uses these riots to tweet about climate change being crap and the Paris Agreement should be scrapped.

Oh and he really did tweet that the USA's emissions are the lowest in history.

Next hurricane or bushfire that climate change DOESN'T cause - I will be offering the victims my 'thoughts and prayers' ....and NOTHING ELSE.

The protests are about a lot of other issue like for example demand for higher wages and pensions, but for some reason the focus have only been on the fuel tax. Also investing in public transport is important if you want to increase financial securiy for low and middleincome famiilly. Because for example a low income familly have to buy a used car and always face the risk of expensive repairs. While the car is powered with oil from the very unstable Middle East, so you have always the risk of new conflicts that will lead to spiking fuel prices.

You can also for example look at Denmark that got 43 percent of their electricity from wind power in 2017 and also plan to meet 50 percent of all their energy needs with renewable energy by 2030.

https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2018/0111/932573-denmark-wind-farm/

There Denmark is on seventh place on the list of best country for business.

https://www.forbes.com/best-countries-for-business/list/

While alsp being the third happiest country in the world.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/duncan...-countries-in-the-world-in-2018/#661d26df73e9

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Grokmaster
THANKKK YOU, PRESIDENT TRUMP
FIFY<the KKK part>:thumbs:

The dem party is the one trying to tamper down free speech and due process. The dem party is the fascist party...FIFY. BYW, the dem party was the home of the KKK.

Last edited:
The dem party is the one trying to tamper down free speech and due process. The dem party is the fascist party...FIFY. BYW, the dem party was the home of the KKK.
Please provide examples of how the Democratic Party is attempting to tamp down free speech and due process.

Trump’s party is the one moving toward authoritarianism/fascism. Threatening to take away citizenship for protesting against abusive police practices, threatening to take away broadcasting licenses of networks that criticize the administration, barring reporters who ask tough questions, seeking to arbitrarily (and illegally) change the Constitution, and more.

I’m fully aware of the origins and metamorphosis of the KKK. Unfortunately for you, your understanding appears to end at the Klan’s beginning. Do some research/reading on Dixiecrats and the KKK’s shift from Democrat to Republican, the party that white supremists now identify with.

Please provide examples of how the Democratic Party is attempting to tamp down free speech and due process.

Trump’s party is the one moving toward authoritarianism/fascism. Threatening to take away citizenship for protesting against abusive police practices, threatening to take away broadcasting licenses of networks that criticize the administration, barring reporters who ask tough questions, seeking to arbitrarily (and illegally) change the Constitution, and more.

I’m fully aware of the origins and metamorphosis of the KKK. Unfortunately for you, your understanding appears to end at the Klan’s beginning. Do some research/reading on Dixiecrats and the KKK’s shift from Democrat to Republican, the party that white supremists now identify with.

(1) Tampering down of due process - the Kavanaugh confirmation antics by dems
(2) Tampering down of free speech - Accusing Trump of being a neo-Nazi or KKK because of Trump's willingness to exercise free speech for everyone and not the dem view of free speech which is free speech for those whose political views your agree with.

(1) Tampering down of due process - the Kavanaugh confirmation antics by dems
(2) Tampering down of free speech - Accusing Trump of being a neo-Nazi or KKK because of Trump's willingness to exercise free speech for everyone and not the dem view of free speech which is free speech for those whose political views your agree with.
1. It’s tamping down, not tampering down.
2. While I agree that the Dems actions during Justice Kavanaugh’s confirmation were shameful in several respects, at least Kavanaugh got to have a confirmation hearing. Judge Garland was never given that opportunity. And as for tamping down Trump’s free speech, your assertion is completely bogus. In order for the Dems, or any other group/person, to stand in the way of Trump’s free speech they would first have to have power to do so, which they obviously don’t.

Considering your previous and current posts, it is abundantly clear you substantially lack knowledge and understanding to competently debate in this arena. I suggest you study beforehand what you intend to opine on in order to avoid continued self embarrassment.

1. It’s tamping down, not tampering down.
2. While I agree that the Dems actions during Justice Kavanaugh’s confirmation were shameful in several respects, at least Kavanaugh got to have a confirmation hearing. Judge Garland was never given that opportunity. And as for tamping down Trump’s free speech, your assertion is completely bogus. In order for the Dems, or any other group/person, to stand in the way of Trump’s free speech they would first have to have power to do so, which they obviously don’t.

Considering your previous and current posts, it is abundantly clear you substantially lack knowledge and understanding to competently debate in this arena. I suggest you study beforehand what you intend to opine on in order to avoid continued self embarrassment.

You gave me a grammar lesson. You didn't try to refute that the dem party is both against free speech and against due process which are characteristics of a fascist movement? Huh? You only said Merrick Garland didn't even get a chance at confirmation? Huh?

I see, you use the philosophy of two wrongs make a (W)right.

Last edited:
You gave me a grammar lesson. You didn't refute my post you only said Merrick Garland didn't even get a chance at confirmation? Why were so lazy in your response post?
I absolutely did refute your assertion. Do you also have problems with reading comprehension? Reread all of paragraph 2.

So let me get this straight. The spit in your eye as soon as look at you French are suddenly the gold standard for a country's, any country's strategic energy planning because they are protesting. Ah-huh.

It is actually pretty amazing that France and Germany are not in a shooting war every decade of their existence, certainly once a generation. But thats OK. We apparently now like the idea of letting them have their heads AGAIN. They will be right back once a generation at least in short order.

Last edited:
How do you know the UN climate accord is fraudulent?

How can you even doubt, given the emphatic formatting? I saw all those caps, and believed him instantly. :lol:

How can you even doubt, given the emphatic formatting? I saw all those caps, and believed him instantly. :lol:

I KNOW RIGHT? Only a FOOL WOULD TRY TO doubt THAT. Capitalization is EVERYTHING.

I KNOW RIGHT? Only a FOOL WOULD TRY TO doubt THAT. Capitalization is EVERYTHING.

:lamo You are so right, as usual. I'm dumb, that's why I type like a sane person.

In all honesty, it's actually a good tactic. What better way to post complete nonsense and not get challenged? If you make is appear to be not worth reading, you can say whatever you like. :shrug:

So what is this thread about? Are DP cons supporting the yellow vests protesting in France? Because they want much more than to prevent a tax increase on fuel. They also want redistribution of wealth, increases in salaries and minimum wage, increases to social security, etc.

Jump on board folks!

ITS THE USUAL thread from this poster who loves CAPS LOCK and turning debate points into NONSENSE.

:lamo You are so right, as usual. I'm dumb, that's why I type like a sane person.

In all honesty, it's actually a good tactic. What better way to post complete nonsense and not get challenged? If you make is appear to be not worth reading, you can say whatever you like. :shrug:

YEP. It's TOTALLY WORKS. :p

ITS the USUAL thread from this poster who loves CAPS LOCK and turning debate points into NONSENSE.

Yep, the old saying about when you have nothing to say, you try to say it louder, but it is still nothing to say.

It's also a great way of getting like minded people to form circle jerks. I had hoped the caps lock use was some hidden code; some cryptic message left for the DP Honors Society to find, but alas it was just a poor attempt at emphasis.

I replied to one of his posts by capitalizing and bolding a lot of words followed by !111!!!!!!! And a right-winger criticized me for my posting format of caps, bolds, and !!!1!!!!!!111 while ignoring who I was replying to. :lol:

I replied to one of his posts by capitalizing and bolding a lot of words followed by !111!!!!!!! And a right-winger criticized me for my posting format of caps, bolds, and !!!1!!!!!!111 while ignoring who I was replying to. :lol:

We should make a new rule where all posts using caps lock as a form of emphasis be responded to in kind. I want to see how long it takes for it to be less about content and more about capitalizing.

Back
Top Bottom