• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Right now, everyone should request a mail-in ballot and safely exercise their right to vote

Of course it is. Congress is responsible for making laws about elections, and we elect congress. The process by which democracy occurs is the business of every citizen. To make sure that it is fair and accurate.

Congress does not control voting, states do... I would be happy to pass a constitutional amendment or federal laws creating national standards though.. :)

Congress does not control voting, states do... I would be happy to pass a constitutional amendment or federal laws creating national standards though.. :)

Congress does control voting, except for places, if the want. And they do.

The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing Senators.

And...
3 U.S. Code Chapter 1 - PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS AND VACANCIES | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

But also states do, which doesnt really change my point. State govts are the people. Thus its the peoples business how voting occurs. I dont support national standards though, other than maybe qualifications of voters.

Congress does control voting, except for places, if the want. And they do.

And...
3 U.S. Code Chapter 1 - PRESIDENTIAL ELECTIONS AND VACANCIES | U.S. Code | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

But also states do, which doesnt really change my point. State govts are the people. Thus its the peoples business how voting occurs. I dont support national standards though, other than maybe qualifications of voters.
You apparently didn't even read your own citation... Congress DOES NOT control the manner of voting, only the date congressional and presidential elections are held...

Why would you not support a national voting standard ?

You apparently didn't even read your own citation... Congress DOES NOT control the manner of voting, only the date congressional and presidential elections are held...

Why would you not support a national voting standard ?

"but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations"

How is that not clear? I dont support national voting standards in terms of how votings occurs because differnt states prefer different ways and should be free to come up with better ways which their people want. I dont really care how other states vote, just my own. So long as they only let citizens vote.

no, i'm telling you that space aliens haven't ever visited me and that Republicans have tried to suppress my vote.

DO tell.

"but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations"

How is that not clear? I dont support national voting standards in terms of how votings occurs because differnt states prefer different ways and should be free to come up with better ways which their people want. I dont really care how other states vote, just my own. So long as they only let citizens vote.

Your citation from article 1, section 4 of the constitution applies to senators and representatives, not presidential elections...

Request your mail in ballot whenever you can.
Even if your plan is to go vote in person get that ballot.
Getting that ballot serves 3 purposes, first it tells let's you know your registered and still active, second we have no idea what November will look like as far as Covid or armed poll watchers, 3rd that ballot is a record of your vote, can't be hacked for those states with the touch screen fancy
non-readable receipt machines.
I planned to vote in person with my mail in ballot being brought to the polling station during early voting.

Plan your vote don't wait until the last minute.

They tried to kick both me and my wife off of the rolls with their letter scam.

OK, I'll bite, what was the Republican's letter scam?

we have no idea what November will look like as far as Covid or armed poll watchers

Do you think he Black Panthers are going to make an appearance again? BLM? Antifa?

OK, I'll bite, what was the Republican's letter scam?

When you buy a new place, they immediately send a letter to your old place asking whoever opens it if you live there. They don't send a letter to the new place. If somebody mails it back, they purge you before you can change your registration information. The funny part is that I did that part first. The sad part for them is that I kept my old house, too, so I got the letter. I'm sure it's an effective voter suppression technique for them.

When you buy a new place, they immediately send a letter to your old place asking whoever opens it if you live there. They don't send a letter to the new place. If somebody mails it back, they purge you before you can change your registration information. The funny part is that I did that part first. The sad part for them is that I kept my old house, too, so I got the letter. I'm sure it's an effective voter suppression technique for them.

Seems like a sound way to meet their obligations under Federal law to purge the voter registration rolls. What's the scam part? When you update your registration to reflect your new residence do they refuse you?

Your citation from article 1, section 4 of the constitution applies to senators and representatives, not presidential elections...

You are right.

I shall then revise my argument to 'how people vote being my business' based on the same principle, that since states appoint electors, the appointment of electors is my business. Who people vote for isnt my business. How they do it is certainly my business. I have an interest in making sure only citizens vote for President and that their votes are secure and private.

Do you think he Black Panthers are going to make an appearance again? BLM? Antifa?

I don't know I'm more fearful of the guys that can't see their feet with crumbs in their beards a gun on their hip or over their shoulders.....I don't care what group there from those people are scary.

I don't know I'm more fearful of the guys that can't see their feet with crumbs in their beards a gun on their hip or over their shoulders.....I don't care what group there from those people are scary.

That's crazy. Have you reported these people to the police?

Seems like a sound way to meet their obligations under Federal law to purge the voter registration rolls. What's the scam part? When you update your registration to reflect your new residence do they refuse you?

because the goal is to kick registered voters off of the rolls in sneaky ways. we vote in every election, and had already properly registered at our new address. i looked it up, and the scam is called caging.

because the goal is to kick registered voters off of the rolls in sneaky ways. we vote in every election, and had already properly registered at our new address. i looked it up, and the scam is called caging.

So you remained regisistred to vote by timely updating your registration. I don't see what the scam is. If you fail to update your registration, yes, they will purge you because you don't live at the old address in the registration. Not sure how else the State is supposed to meet their obligation to purge the registration. Of course they can do what CAlifornia has done and not purge anyone in two decades. Which result in in at least 5 million facially invalid ballots being mailed out by the state next month

So you remained regisistred to vote by timely updating your registration. I don't see what the scam is. If you fail to update your registration, yes, they will purge you because you don't live at the old address in the registration. Not sure how else the State is supposed to meet their obligation to purge the registration. Of course they can do what CAlifornia has done and not purge anyone in two decades. Which result in in at least 5 million facially invalid ballots being mailed out by the state next month

because if the caging scam had worked, they would have purged us anyway. we hadn't voted at the new address yet and our listed polling place hadn't yet been updated. it's a cunning trick from the party of voter suppression, which controls everything in my state. not cunning enough, though, as i hadn't sold or rented my house out.

because if the caging scam had worked, they would have purged us anyway. we hadn't voted at the new address yet and our listed polling place hadn't yet been updated. it's a cunning trick from the party of voter suppression, which controls everything in my state. not cunning enough, though, as i hadn't sold or rented my house out.

Nope, you lost me. You updated your registration to Mr. Helix at Maple street. When they went to purge Mr. Helix at Elm street, there wouldn't have been a registration for that person at that address to purge.

Nope, you lost me. You updated your registration to Mr. Helix at Maple street. When they went to purge Mr. Helix at Elm street, there wouldn't have been a registration for that person at that address to purge.

Read my post again for comprehension. If you won't understand it, then I'm afraid that the condition will have to be permanent.

How stupid is Donald Trump about his ethics and his job? Plenty damn stupid. So are his followers the people who hate politicians yet worship Donald Trump the idiot.

The fact that Trump KNEW that COVID-19 was “deadly,” “easily transmissible,” and a danger to both young and old Americans -- but said the exact opposite in public -- is just about the worst example of leadership we can imagine. But our president has another view which isn't worth repeating.

What's pissing Trump off is that Bob Woodward revealed how long Trump has been lying to the nation. His family on the tax dollar payroll has been lying. His team members have been lying

That’s right -- according to Trump, he was actually PROTECTING us by lying about COVID-19. His supporters will buy this argument, which means his abject failure to keep Americans safe during the worst pandemic in 100 years may even give him a boost in the polls. What??? The Trump team has been failing which began in late 2016 and early 2017 when the team decided to NOT restock the nations Emergency Preparedness Inventory. The military advised Trump to get on with the restocking in 2017.

Now more than 210,000 people have died which will continue to increase through 2021 at least.

THERE IS NO MEDICAL TREATMENT AVAILABLE! VACCINE PREPARATION AND AND SUCH SHOULD HAVE COMMENCED IN 2017 NOT 2020.

How can anyone be thankful about our president lying over and over and over = Trump’s behavior is simply unacceptable! He says lying was preventing a panic???????

Right now, everyone should request a mail-in ballot and safely exercise their democratic right to vote.

Get Your Vote by Mail Ballot Online - VoteAmerica

STOP bailing out wealthy corporate America!

When is the bailout of ordinary taxpayers coming?

Elected and sometimes negligent congressional officials pay themselves more than $3,370 per week ( $174,000-$194,000 annually) plus a variety of expense accounts which seems like too much money considering.

We taxpayers should receive stimulus money @ $ 2000 twice a month to spend in the economy which would assist to insure job security and plenty of economic growth. Spending stimulus tax dollars towards home improvement, tires, food, mortgage or rent, books, school supplies, winter coats, shoes, utility bills, medical bills and such is smart use of tax dollars After all tax dollars do belong to we the taxpayers.

When is it coming?

Taxpayers are a credible investment for they will see that the tax dollars get back into the economy pronto which secures what jobs are left in addition to initiating new employment that could bring millions back to work. We taxpayers are not stupid. The stupid crowd could very well be our elected officials who persist in "bailing" wealthy corporations which does little to kick start an economy. Using COVID 19 money to bail out corporations should bring on an audit and investigation. Fat chance.

We the taxpayers are the kick start our economy responds to no question about it. What's with this questionable activity of always bailing out wealthy corporations?

Millions have lost their jobs and thousands of small business employers are going out of business due to the negligent response regarding COVID 19. Negligent is a nice term for their arrogant irresponsibility.

When is the bailout of ordinary taxpayers coming?

Why would I report them to anyone?
Guns are legal and last I checked looking scary was legal to.

Back
Top Bottom