• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans In Self Destruct Mode

Stop watching Fox. Obviously it confuses you. MSNBC is your speed. Leave the in depth reports to those who understand. :D

Either is better than CNN!

Fox news never predicted a win they had a few contributors that did
don't you know the difference of an opinion and the news or are they one and the same with you

The problem with Fox News is that it combines news and opinion so seamlessly that they essentially become one and the same.

Insurers limiting doctors, hospitals in health insurance market - latimes.com

By Chad Terhune
September 14, 2013, 6:34 p.m.

The doctor can't see you now.

Consumers may hear that a lot more often after getting health insurance under President Obama's Affordable Care Act.

To hold down premiums, major insurers in California have sharply limited the number of doctors and hospitals available to patients in the state's new health insurance market opening Oct. 1.

New data reveal the extent of those cuts in California, a crucial test bed for the federal healthcare law

Republican bull****. If those in the house of representatves want to treat everyone fairly all they have to do is arrange for each and every citizen to have the same health insurance coverage they have....which is paid by our taxpayer's dollars. Don't hold your breath. That won't work in the Lord/Serf society.

Republican bull****. If the right wants to treat everyone fairly all they have to do is arrange for each and every citizen to have the same health insurance coverage they have. Don't hold your breath. That won't work in the Lord/Serf society.

Everyone has the same opportunity to acquire health care, but the outcomes are based on individual initiative...

The problem with Fox News is that it combines news and opinion so seamlessly that they essentially become one and the same.

no they don't O'riely is opinion Hannity is opinion most of fox and friends is opinion Greta is mostly news Smith is News as a matter of fact he is liberal and maybe even gay
Bret Baier is news with about a 15 minute round table opinion discussion at the end that comprises of conservatives and liberals. And if you watch fox almost every one of their opinion segments in all their shows will have some one from both sides. can you say that about MSNBC or CNN
would like to add when we have big breaking news like the Boston Marathon Bombing or the Washing Naval Yard mass shooting Fox is the number one watched channel in all of cable not just cable news channels

no they don't O'riely is opinion Hannity is opinion most of fox and friends is opinion Greta is mostly news Smith is News as a matter of fact he is liberal and maybe even gay
Bret Baier is news with about a 15 minute round table opinion discussion at the end that comprises of conservatives and liberals. And if you watch fox almost every one of their opinion segments in all their shows will have some one from both sides. can you say that about MSNBC or CNN
would like to add when we have big breaking news like the Boston Marathon Bombing or the Washing Naval Yard mass shooting Fox is the number one watched channel in all of cable not just cable news channels

Thank gawd Smith will be gone in October...

When Honey Boo Boo is the highest rated cable TV show, I think we can make a pretty good generalization how discerning TV viewers are about content.

Lots of eyes doesn't mean lots of brains behind them. No more is this more obvious as in the case of 'Fair and Balanced' Fox News.

Honey Boo Boo is not the highest rated cable show Duck Dynasty is. imagine that a bunch of gun toting god feeling redneck conservatives having the number one show

1. Yeah, Fox trots out their general Strawman Liberals to get kicked around by Hannity or whoever for a couple of minutes. When milquetoast Alan Colmes was considered the leading liberal voice on Fox, that's all I needed to know.
2. Joe Scarborough has his own SHOW on MSNBC, for crying out loud, and he was a GOP House member. However, MSNBC essentially does what Fox does, only from the other side. CNN quite often has conservative contributors, including the execrable Dana Loesch, and Erin Burnett certainly runs her show from the right.

In the end, it matters little. All cable TV news ... all of it, without exception ... is pure garbage.

Thank gawd Smith will be gone in October...

lol I guess you been in a closet for the last few weeks Shep isn't going anywhere have you seen the new Fox line up?

“On the Record” with Greta Van Susteren will air at 7 p.m. ET, followed by “The O’Reilly Factor,” continuing in its 8 p.m. slot. Megyn Kelly then debuts her new show, “The Kelly File,” at 9 p.m., followed immediately by “Hannity” at 10 p.m. Chief News Anchor and Managing Editor Shepard Smith will be available throughout to insert the latest breaking news via the FOX News Deck.

Read more: FOX News announces new prime-time lineup | Fox News

they had to make room for the up and coming star Megyn Kelly. why does the right always have the drop dead gorgeous women journalist and news casters only one that even comes close on the left is Erin Burnett. the only women on MSNBC that I don't gag when I see I don't think is really a women

lol I guess you been in a closet for the last few weeks Shep isn't going anywhere have you seen the new Fox line up?

“On the Record” with Greta Van Susteren will air at 7 p.m. ET, followed by “The O’Reilly Factor,” continuing in its 8 p.m. slot. Megyn Kelly then debuts her new show, “The Kelly File,” at 9 p.m., followed immediately by “Hannity” at 10 p.m. Chief News Anchor and Managing Editor Shepard Smith will be available throughout to insert the latest breaking news via the FOX News Deck.

Read more: FOX News announces new prime-time lineup | Fox News

they had to make room for the up and coming star Megyn Kelly. why does the right always have the drop dead gorgeous women journalist and news casters only one that even comes close on the left is Erin Burnett. the only women on MSNBC that I don't gag when I see I don't think is really a women

The point is that he no longer has his 7pm weekday time slot...

1. Yeah, Fox trots out their general Strawman Liberals to get kicked around by Hannity or whoever for a couple of minutes. When milquetoast Alan Colmes was considered the leading liberal voice on Fox, that's all I needed to know.
2. Joe Scarborough has his own SHOW on MSNBC, for crying out loud, and he was a GOP House member. However, MSNBC essentially does what Fox does, only from the other side. CNN quite often has conservative contributors, including the execrable Dana Loesch, and Erin Burnett certainly runs her show from the right.

In the end, it matters little. All cable TV news ... all of it, without exception ... is pure garbage.

Joe Scarborough is no conservative are you crazy ive never seen a pro Obama care pro gun control pro everything democrat Consevative in my life he agrees with his liberal buddies more then he disagrees, but I forgot who im talking to you thought that author you gave a link to was a conservative and he voted for Obama

Joe Scarborough is no conservative are you crazy ive never seen a pro Obama care pro gun control pro everything democrat Consevative in my life he agrees with his liberal buddies more then he disagrees

Invoking "no true Scotsman"? Come on, you're better than that.

Be that as it may, MSNBC drags conservative/Republican contributors on its shows all the time. They get the same "two questions and out" treatment that the Democratic/liberal ones do on Fox, and then it's back to the normal yammering.

This commentary looks exactly like the views expressed when Medicare was passed in the 60s. Reagan said it would destroy America.

The GOP fears successful Obamacare implementation, and in 40 years will look as silly as Reagan did. It's going to be a rocky start because of the obstruction, but it should work.

Very insightful analysis. Except Obamacare is nothing like Medicare (even in its original form). I was hopping Supreme Court would strike down the mandatory portion and leave the rest then you have a nice base platform to work with and grow it like Medicare.

What is beyond my comprehension is that why so much sky falling rhetoric about obamacare given that it was republicans like Newt and Dole that introduced it as oppose to Hillary care, Option Plan or Universal Healthcare.

It has some good stuff but gives incentives and rewards to employers for not providing healthcare or have full time employees...

for example, if you have more 15 full time employees you must provide healthcare(according to ACA), if you don't or won't then you must pay$ 2000 fine per employee, which is actually more favorable than providing healthcare given the cost per employee is about 10,000 to provide healthcare annually and still if you don't wanne do that then can rehire part time or switch your employees to part time... The loopholes are so big that you can drive aircraft carrier under it.

But what employer doing now is what they have been doing(for a while )to reduce healthcare cost. So I really don't understand this artificial panic from the right. Other than diverting the conversation from what it need to be about which why is the cost of healthcare so high in the first place. And why other developed nations with universal healthcare can provide the same quality for half cost?

Diving Mullah

If you come to me and ask for money to pay your light bill, your house payment, your car payment, your cable TV bill, and money to feed your family. I say I will give you money for everything but the cable TV bill. and you say I don't want any of what you offered if you cant also pay my cable bill. do you have the right to go out and say I was letting your family starve because I wouldn't give you money to help pay your bills?

What republicans are trying to do is stop a train wreck that the majority of America and I repeat the majority of America doesn't want.
they want to kill a law that has cost people their jobs and has forced many others into part time.
they are attempting to stop a program that has raised the cost of health care and has forced the public to lose the health insurance they already have

So you can attempt to spin this as republicans are trying to shut down the government, but any one with half a brain when they are informed with the truth would come to the conclusion it is your side that would rather shut down the government so to keep this train wreck happening that the majority doesn't want

but the problem with the American public is there are to many just like you who that would rather fall for the spin then to face logic and common sense. they rather see the demise of this nation then fess up to the facts, admit fault and that Obama Care is a train wreck

Overall, agree. However, it's a bit disingenuous to indicate democrats want to shut down government. Republicans know what the likely outcome is of their actions if it comes back from the Senate and they continue the hardline of defunding. Just like democrats would claim it's republicans' fault for shutting down government for opposing balancing the budget (or some other republican virtue).

Republicans know what they are risking, let's not pretend like the ball isn't in their court. Is it worth it? Now that's the question. And I happen to agree with you on that, however they really should have an alternative if they are waiting until this late in the game.

Overall, agree. However, it's a bit disingenuous to indicate democrats want to shut down government. Republicans know what the likely outcome is of their actions if it comes back from the Senate and they continue the hardline of defunding. Just like democrats would claim it's republicans' fault for shutting down government for opposing balancing the budget (or some other republican virtue).

Republicans know what they are risking, let's not pretend like the ball isn't in their court. Is it worth it? Now that's the question. And I happen to agree with you on that, however they really should have an alternative if they are waiting until this late in the game.

it is going to boil down to how is the media going to spin it are they going to be truthful or are the going to shills for the democrats

but one thing that is going to come out of this is they are going to get all those senate democrats on record supporting Obama care the 2nd time around and it will be used especially ones from red and purple states to take away their seats in 2014

Diving Mullah;1062340308What is beyond my comprehension is that why so much sky falling rhetoric Diving Mullah[/QUOTE said:
It's because once it is in place and working the GOP will become a rump party of Southern White men, gun nuts and old guys who scream 'get off my lawn'.

it is going to boil down to how is the media going to spin it are they going to be truthful or are the going to shills for the democrats

With respect to the media, the headlines on other than Fox speak for themselves. It will be interesting to see where it goes from here.

the democrats held the senate in 2010, even with the handicap of defending their vote on the affordable care act, and in 2012.

2014 will be the third bite of the cherry, and yet it looks like democrats chances of holding the senate improve every time a republican candidate says something extreme.

Pre-emptively blaming the media. Nice touch.

Invoking "no true Scotsman"? Come on, you're better than that.

Be that as it may, MSNBC drags conservative/Republican contributors on its shows all the time. They get the same "two questions and out" treatment that the Democratic/liberal ones do on Fox, and then it's back to the normal yammering.

but what do you know about conservatives you thought that author you linked was a conservative and he was an Obama supporter and also you proved you greatly lack in reading compression when you thought all conservative groups had “tea party,” “patriot” or “9/12” in their name

but what do you know about conservatives you thought that author you linked was a conservative and he was an Obama supporter

To whom are you referring?

and also you proved you greatly lack in reading compression when you thought all conservative groups had “tea party,” “patriot” or “9/12” in their name

I never said that.

I guess your are a left wing media bias denier

I think it's grossly overstated and used as an excuse far too often by the right wing.

I think it's grossly overstated and used as an excuse far too often by the right wing.

I think you need to do a little reading and before you claim it is just rhetoric from a right wing blog this is a study from the liberal UCLA Department of Political science

A Measure of Media Bias

I think you need to do a little reading and before you claim it is just rhetoric from a right wing blog this is a study from the liberal UCLA Department of Political science

A Measure of Media Bias

I think you need to stop pretending that anyone who disagrees with you is just ignorant. I've read that study before, and I have serious reservations regarding the methodology. Citing think tanks = proof of bias?

I never said anything about "rhetoric from a right wing blog." Do you always put words in peoples' mouths, or do you just have reading comprehension problems?

I think you need to stop pretending that anyone who disagrees with you is just ignorant. I've read that study before, and I have serious reservations regarding the methodology. Citing think tanks = proof of bias?

I never said anything about "rhetoric from a right wing blog." Do you always put words in peoples' mouths, or do you just have reading comprehension problems?

omg lol im going to have fun with you I hope you stick around I enjoy chewing you up and spitting you out

you just got finished dismissing anything by fox news as right wing rhetoric

Back
Top Bottom