• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans In Self Destruct Mode

I believe the tea party will let government default. Shut down.
I don't expect it to start up again until after 2014.

Teaparty is NOT republican.

republicans adopted them to save the GOP. The GOP is dead after stealing the nomination from Ron Paul.
After death of Gop, Tea Party plans to be THE conservative party.

I'm independent. This is what I see in process.

I believe the tea party will let government default. Shut down.
I don't expect it to start up again until after 2014.

Teaparty is NOT republican.

republicans adopted them to save the GOP. The GOP is dead after stealing the nomination from Ron Paul.
After death of Gop, Tea Party plans to be THE conservative party.

I'm independent. This is what I see in process.

it will be president Obama veto that will shut down the government. everything would be funded but Obama care
how is it you can seriously twist those facts to say Republicans shut down the government

and how in the hell can you link the train wreck of Obama care to republicans you just being willfully ignorant or dishonest not one voted for it not one had any input in its drafting its all democrat the whole nine yards lock stock a barrel. you own it period

Because the program could be more successful if the GOP cooperated in making it that way. You know, governing?

Instead they're making every effort to sabotage it. Problems are popping up, you think they're going to vote to fix them?

it will be president Obama veto that will shut down the government. everything would be funded but Obama care
how is it you can seriously twist those facts to say Republicans shut down the government

How can you seriously think the American people would buy that?

Look, the GOP is trying to usurp legislative power they do not have. They don't control the Senate or the White House, but want to dictate legislation unilaterally anyway. The American people know this, because the American people voted for this House and Senate lineup. Elections have consequences.

if sabotage is what you call trying to stop a law that the majority and I repeat the majority of America is against than call it what you want
No, sabotage is what I call it when they actively do things as mention in the link, not to mention constantly spread outright and blatant lies (death panels, 3.5% estate tax, etc.) to turn opinion against it.

But I'm glad to see you are no longer denying they are actively working to undermine the legislation so they can then claim it's a train wreck. I do appreciate that.

I absolutely agree but it's not going to be stopped in Congress. The only chance is the ballot box but when the uninformed think they are getting something for free it's difficult to get them to vote to take it away. That's why the exchanges are cheap for a couple years. After that we are all boiling frogs.

You're likely correct ... but there is still something useful to be gained by going through the Debt limit/O'care exercise even if it fails.
At a minimum it will get all of Congress on record before the 2014 election.

As has been noted already, the sad part is that the longer it stays around the harder it will be to get rid of it ... and THAT, of course, is not unknown to its' proponents.

Because the program could be more successful if the GOP cooperated in making it that way. You know, governing?

Instead they're making every effort to sabotage it. Problems are popping up, you think they're going to vote to fix them?

Look, the GOP is trying to usurp legislative power they do not have. They don't control the Senate or the White House, but want to dictate legislation unilaterally anyway. The American people know this, because the American people voted for this House and Senate lineup. Elections have consequences.

stop being so willfully ignorant

If you come to me and ask for money to pay your light bill, your house payment, your car payment, your cable TV bill, and money to feed your family. I say I will give you money for everything but the cable TV bill. and you say I don't want any of what you offered if you cant also pay my cable bill. do you have the right to go out and say I was letting your family starve because I wouldn't give you money to help pay your bills?

I'd agree if it gets to Obama to veto.
I don't think it will.
It will go to the senate, be stripped of the defunding provision, kicked back to the house, and die there.
Obama will try to declare HE can fund the government by edict, bypassing congress. Supreme court MUST rule him illegal.
Deadline passes, Fed Govt shuts down. States step up to bat, to fill necessary services .
As they did when Clinton shut Fed down.
Gop tries to duck responsibility, withers, dies.
Tea Party offers hope and change, gains big in 2014. govt starts up again.
people discover fed wasn't that necessary and states retain, regain power.
Obama is immediate lame duck, discovers can't do anything without funding. Screams a lot, threatens a lot.
Economy improves as dollar devalues against foreign currency due to default, making US goods and labor more competitive.
Tea party candidates are in win win situ. GOP leadership desperate this NOT happen.
DEMS on back burner.
You read it here first.

No, sabotage is what I call it when they actively do things as mention in the link, not to mention constantly spread outright and blatant lies (death panels, 3.5% estate tax, etc.) to turn opinion against it.

But I'm glad to see you are no longer denying they are actively working to undermine the legislation so they can then claim it's a train wreck. I do appreciate that.

even a leftist democrat 2004 presidential contender Howard Dean says it is a death panel
according to Dr. Dean, quote, "The IPAB is essentially a health care rationing body. By setting doctor reimbursement rates for Medicare, and determining which procedures and drugs will be covered and at what price, the IPAB will be able to stop certain treatments its members do not favor by simply setting rates to levels where no doctor or hospital will perform them."

read about the 3.8% estate tax
http://realestateinsidernews.com/br...10-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-3-8-tax/

Last edited:

The HOUSE funds the govt. Controls the budget. Didn't you know that?

The HOUSE funds the govt. Controls the budget. Didn't you know that?

and the bill that will be sent to Obama does just that
it will be his pin that either signs it to fund the government or vetoes it to not

and the bill that will be sent to Obama does just that
it will be his pin that either signs it to fund the government or vetoes it to not

Got to land on his desk first! :)

the senate will just remove the language that defunds the affordable care act.

And send it to Obama?
Can't.
The Senate advises and consents to the budget. Not control it.

They have to send it BACK to the house if they alter it.
Back and forth until too late.
Poof. Who will remain at work without a paycheck?
Fed closes doors.

And send it to Obama?
Can't.
The Senate advises and consents to the budget. Not control it.

They have to send it BACK to the house if they alter it.
Back and forth until too late.
Poof. Who will remain at work without a paycheck?
Fed closes doors.

maybe boehner will finally try to negotiate with Nancy pelosi and the house democrats pass a continuing resolution that can successfully pass the senate.

maybe boehner will finally try to negotiate with Nancy pelosi and the house democrats pass a continuing resolution that can successfully pass the senate.

Boehner isn't controlling the conservatives right now. Cruz is. Boehner is kinda flapping his hands and crying wait! We don't want to do this. He probably WOULD side with Pelosi..but doesn't carry enough votes.

The speaker is one of the most powerful positions in our govt.
While the president can veto, the speaker can prevent a bill ever coming to a vote to begin with. But...But...he can't make it pass or fail, if it DOES get voted on. :)

Last edited:
the senate will just remove the language that defunds the affordable care act.
Boehner isn't controlling the conservatives right now. Cruz is. Boehner is kinda flapping his hands and crying wait! We don't want to do this. He probably WOULD side with Pelosi..but doesn't carry enough votes.
I wouldn'tt be so sure of that
the senate has yet to vote on anything related to Obama care not one of the house bills to defund Obama care ever went to the senate floor, because a lot of democrats don't want to go on record supporting the train wreck. now they will have no choice and you will see a lot vote to defund it to keep their jobs in 2014

not all of the republicans are going to side with Cruz, Bohner just needs enough republicans to pass a simple majority if all the democrats vote yes to pass a continuing resolution.

I wouldn'tt be so sure of that
the senate has yet to vote on anything related to Obama care not one of the house bills to defund Obama care ever went to the senate floor, because a lot of democrats don't want to go on record supporting the train wreck. now they will have no choice and you will see a lot vote to defund it to keep their jobs in 2014

or the democrats will simply strip the language that defunds the affordable care act out of the continuing resolution, and all that takes is a simple majority.

not all of the republicans are going to side with Cruz, Bohner just needs enough republicans to pass a simple majority if all the democrats vote yes to pass a continuing resolution.

they will side with Cruz if they want to keep there jobs in 2014 what part of "the majority of America does not want this law" do you not understand

If its such a self destruct strategy shut up and let them do it. When decorats come out and warn us that we will hurt our party it makes me think their afraid of what were doing.

or the democrats will simply strip the language that defunds the affordable care act out of the continuing resolution, and all that takes is a simple majority.

all they would need is 5 democrats from either purple or red states not wanting to go on record funding a law the majority of America doesn't want

and what if they care more about our country then their own jobs?

You need to study the washingtons more closely. There are probably 2 or most 3 who would vote in a way they knew would cost them an election.
LOL
and NONE are democrats.
Ron Paul would be one.

and what if they care more about our country then their own jobs?

they are thinking about their country by defunding the train wreck the majority of the country doesn't want. it has cost jobs it has made others into part time work it has raised health care cost and eventually bankrupt us.
they are thinking about the country it is the democrats that would rather see this train wreck stand for nothing but ideological sycophant reasons

stop being so willfully ignorant

So you think the GOP is incapable of pointing out flaws in Obamacare and how to fix them? Ok.

If you come to me and ask for money to pay your light bill, your house payment, your car payment, your cable TV bill, and money to feed your family. I say I will give you money for everything but the cable TV bill. and you say I don't want any of what you offered if you cant also pay my cable bill. do you have the right to go out and say I was letting your family starve because I wouldn't give you money to help pay your bills?

What on earth do you think this has to do with anything?

Back
Top Bottom