• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Republicans In Self Destruct Mode

So you think the GOP is incapable of pointing out flaws in Obamacare and how to fix them? Ok.

What on earth do you think this has to do with anything?

You are missing a major point. The GOP AND the DEMS are the same. Big government, BIG spenders.

Now there ARE true conservatives in the House.
And THEY are controlling this football.
If your ideal is minimalist federal govt. and your ARCH enemies, the two big tweedle dee and tweedle dumber parties get the blame and bite the dust,
what's not to like?
How more minimalist than closed doors can you get! :D

guess what Medicare will be bankrupt in 10 years and has $123 Trillion In Unfunded Liabilities that is $400,000 that ever man women and child will have to pay to keep it afloat.
you call that a success?

I call Medicare an unqualified success.

The numbers and speculation you have I call BS talking points. In fact, similar talking points were made in the 60s saying we would be bankrupt by the 80s!

Did you ever read The Boy Who Cried Wolf?

I call Medicare an unqualified success.

The numbers and speculation you have I call BS talking points. In fact, similar talking points were made in the 60s saying we would be bankrupt by the 80s!

Did you ever read The Boy Who Cried Wolf?

Medicaid is bankrupt.
unfortunately they are sorta tied together.
Like social security and disability. Disability is the debilitating problem with so many new and fraudulent claims being approved. Like can't work because of high blood pressure.

Medicaid is bankrupt.
Like social security and disability. Disability is the debilitating problem with so many new and fraudulent claims being approved. Like can't work because of high blood pressure.

Medicaid is bankrupt? (Citation needed)

the left doesn't give a rats ass who has to pay for it they don't care if they give the bill to their children or grand children they don't care if it bankrupts this nation as long as they get theirs they don't give a rats ass. they are selfish little pricks

True, but they view success as buying votes with borrowed money. Income redistribution is also popular since more voters can be given goodies than those voters bearing the brunt of taxation.

Medicaid is bankrupt.

and they had to keep raising taxes and borrow more and more money to keep putting in it to keep it afloat so it wont collapse under its own weight

if they didn't do that it would have gone under in 1980 all they did is borrow more money to fund it. they kept kicking the can down the road so now today we have $123 Trillion In Unfunded Liabilities because of that. can you even comprehend 123 trillion and by the way that figure came from the Medicare Trustees

Ted Cruz Infuriates House GOP By Conceding Defeat On Obamacare Repeal

WASHINGTON -- House Republicans are fuming at Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) for conceding that the party's efforts to repeal Obamacare aren't going anywhere in the Senate -- and leaving the House to keep fighting over it anyway.

Cruz, a tea party favorite, is one of the most vocal proponents of defunding the Affordable Care Act, President Barack Obama's health care reform law. He's spent months championing the cause. But on Wednesday, as House Republican leaders unveiled their latest plan for sinking Obamacare -- tying a measure to defund the law to a must-pass resolution that keeps the government running -- Cruz thanked House Republicans for their fight, and said they're on their own.

The tea party occupation forces have gone batshiiit crazy as they see their demographics slip away. Basically they are in scourge earth mode, like the Nazi's retreating to Germany. They want the country to suffer for not putting these loons in power. So they're going to shut down the government.

Bye bye GOP!

and how in the hell can you link the train wreck of Obama care to republicans you just being willfully ignorant or dishonest not one voted for it not one had any input in its drafting its all democrat the whole nine yards lock stock a barrel. you own it period

Actually it was a very prominent Republican and Presidential candidate that first adopted a plan very much like AHC act as Governor. Do you know who that is?

True, but they view success as buying votes with borrowed money. Income redistribution is also popular since more voters can be given goodies than those voters bearing the brunt of taxation.

How is it that the poor minority, the people who are least likely to vote, seem to have more power than the wealthy, who are the most likely to vote, and the most likely to be republicans?

Your logic doesn't make sense.

The poor don't vote themselves benefits, they can't because there are not enough of them and they generally don't even bother to vote because they are ignorant and apathetic. Politicians are fools if they think that voting more benefits for the poor buys many votes.

Actually it was a very prominent Republican and Presidential candidate that first adopted a plan very much like AHC act as Governor. Do you know who that is?

state plan that if you didn't like it you can move. Just because a rino which Romney is had the plane doesn't make it a conservative plan if you didn't look im a right leaning libertarian not a republican I'm in line with fiscal constitutional conservatives not republicans

How is it that the poor minority, the people who are least likely to vote, seem to have more power than the wealthy, who are the most likely to vote, and the most likely to be republicans?

The poor don't vote themselves benefits, they can't because there are not enough of them and they generally don't even bother to vote because they are ignorant and apathetic. Politicians are fools if they think that voting more benefits for the poor buys many votes.

There are not that many wealthy. The top 10% pay 71% of the total FIT. If 90% of the rich vote then that is overcome by merely 15% of the rest. The power of the rich can be exercised after the elections (regardless of who wins) by offering campaign cash in exchange for favorable law making/enforcement.

Last edited:
state plan that if you didn't like it you can move. Just because a rino which Romney is had the plane doesn't make it a conservative plan if you didn't look im a right leaning libertarian not a republican I'm in line with fiscal constitutional conservatives not republicans

But......you voted for Romney.
How come Mass. has not become a ghost town if Romneycare is so bad?

and they had to keep raising taxes and borrow more and more money to keep putting in it to keep it afloat so it wont collapse under its own weight

if they didn't do that it would have gone under in 1980 all they did is borrow more money to fund it. they kept kicking the can down the road so now today we have $123 Trillion In Unfunded Liabilities because of that. can you even comprehend 123 trillion and by the way that figure came from the Medicare Trustees

Exactly what does "unfunded liabilities" mean?

Isn't it just some random number based upon a random number of years of a particular estimate of government spending? Is it inflation adjusted? Does it take into consideration population growth, and increases in productivity levels? Changes is government revenue collections or the printing of new money to support our population and economic growth?

I could get on the front page of a lot of tea party sites by "one upping" that $123 trillion dollar figure. I could project out government spending for a thousand years, I could assume inflation to be 100% a year, I could estimate wage growth at 0% per year and 50% unemployment. I bet it wouldn't be too hard to come up with a $999 ZILLION dollar figure.

I wish you were correct, but they get bussed to the polls to vote for their goodies.

even a leftist democrat 2004 presidential contender Howard Dean says it is a death panel
according to Dr. Dean, quote, "The IPAB is essentially a health care rationing body. By setting doctor reimbursement rates for Medicare, and determining which procedures and drugs will be covered and at what price, the IPAB will be able to stop certain treatments its members do not favor by simply setting rates to levels where no doctor or hospital will perform them."
PolitiFact | PolitiFact's Lie of the Year: 'Death panels'

Already did:
This is one of those seemingly immortal Internet stories. You know the ones: They usually start with the assertion that, “They don’t want to know this but….” In the words of one blogger, “Obamacare will impose a 3.8 percent tax on all home sales and real estate transactions.”

Umm, no it won’t. Yes, the health law will impose a 3.8 percent tax on investment profits and other non-wage income starting in 2013. But that tax applies only to couples with adjusted gross income of $250,000 (or individuals with AGI of $200,000). About 95 percent of households make less than that, and will be exempt from the law no matter what.

In addition, couples who sell a personal residence can exclude the first $500,000 in profit from tax ($250,000 for singles). That would be profit from a home sale, not proceeds. So a couple that bought a house for $100,000 and sold it for $599,000 would owe no tax, even under the health law.

If that couple had AGI in excess of $250,000 and made a profit of $500,010, it would owe the new tax. On ten bucks. That would be an extra 38 cents.
There Is No Obamacare Tax On Most Home Sales. Really. - Forbes

All I can do is present you with the facts. I cannot make you admit to the truth behind the image I presented earlier.

:spin: :alert that whole article is one big spin factory.

It was from Huffy, of course it was. Did you read the article I linked below it? a good commentary expressing how I think people need to be viewing this.

I wish you were correct, but they get bussed to the polls to vote for their goodies.

Most places they have to be registered before they can vote.

Anyhow, I have never seen a bus at a poll. I suspect thats pretty much limited to the inner city.

and you are doing that on the backs of your children and your grand children they are going to be forced to pay your bills with both higher taxes and higher insurance cost. doesn't that bother you one bit?

who gave you that line of crap that Obama care will lower health care cost? name one part of Obama care that does it. if anything it will raise cost because many doctors will be leaving the profession because of Obama care. so the less doctors you have the higher the cost it will be to see one. it is called supply and demand the more that demand a product or service and less of the product or service you have the higher the cost of that product or service

You've been watching Fox News and they predicted Romney would win by a landslide. Those bastards tell lies 24/7.

Today when the president was speaking to the Ford workers every network except Fox was carrying the speech. Do you think that was coincidence? Take notice and watch for it. They will go back and piece and parse every word he spoke, research what has been said before and then come back with their own bull**** and rip him a new asshole. The good part is that the American electorate is fed up with the horse ****.

When the bartender videoed Romney's remark about the 47% being takers and that he wasn't concerned about them the fate of extreme right wing was sealed. The Tea Party Is A Loser!!

Last edited:
You've been watching Fox News and they predicted Romney would win by a landslide. Those bastards tell lies 24/7.

Today when the president was speaking to the Ford workers every network except Fox was carrying the speech. Do you think that was coincidence? Take notice and watch for it. They will go back and piece and parch every word he spoke, research what has been said before and then come back with their own bull**** and rip him a new asshole. The good part is that the American electorate is fed up with the horse ****.

Insurers limiting doctors, hospitals in health insurance market - latimes.com

By Chad Terhune
September 14, 2013, 6:34 p.m.

The doctor can't see you now.

Consumers may hear that a lot more often after getting health insurance under President Obama's Affordable Care Act.

To hold down premiums, major insurers in California have sharply limited the number of doctors and hospitals available to patients in the state's new health insurance market opening Oct. 1.

New data reveal the extent of those cuts in California, a crucial test bed for the federal healthcare law

Fox news never predicted a win they had a few contributors that did
don't you know the difference of an opinion and the news or are they one and the same with you

and how is the News channel that lies 24/7 the number one watched news channel. every show even there reruns beat any other news show on any other channel and been voted the most trusted news channel for going on 8 years

you know you are winning a debate when your opponent either brings up Fox news or Bush you guys are so predictable you really need to learn a new act this one has gotten old moldy and stale

Last edited:
Fox news never predicted a win they had a few contributors that did
don't you know the difference of an opinion and the news or are they one and the same with you

and how is the News channel that lies 24/7 the number one watched news channel. every show even there reruns beat any other news show on any other channel and been voted the most trusted news channel for going on 8 years

Consider this. O'Reilly is Fox News top rated show, and he is regularly beat by WWE Raw (fake wrestling, if you dont know). The Daily Show and the Colbert Report regularly beat him, by at least double the numbers... and probably triple some nights. God knows what the comparison would be to Honey Boo Boo.

Of course, O'Reillys show is mostly elderly viewers, so that probably is why the production values are much less than Honey Boo Boo. Honey Boo Boo is a lot more honest, too.

Consider this. O'Reilly is Fox News top rated show, and he is regularly beat by WWE Raw (fake wrestling, if you dont know). The Daily Show and the Colbert Report regularly beat him, by at least double the numbers... and probably triple some nights. God knows what the comparison would be to Honey Boo Boo.

Of course, O'Reillys show is mostly elderly viewers, so that probably is why the production values are much less than Honey Boo Boo. Honey Boo Boo is a lot more honest, too.

when did we start comparing apple to oranges I SAID CABLE NEWS SHOW

Jesus Christ people if it isn't the blame Bush or the Bush did it also or the race card it is comparing apples and oranges it is getting very tiresome trying to have an intelligent debate with any one on the left

Last edited:
when did we start comparing apple to oranges I SAID CABLE NEWS SHOW

When Honey Boo Boo is the highest rated cable TV show, I think we can make a pretty good generalization how discerning TV viewers are about content.

Lots of eyes doesn't mean lots of brains behind them. No more is this more obvious as in the case of 'Fair and Balanced' Fox News.

When Honey Boo Boo is the highest rated cable TV show, I think we can make a pretty good generalization how discerning TV viewers are about content.

Lots of eyes doesn't mean lots of brains behind them. No more is this more obvious as in the case of 'Fair and Balanced' Fox News.

Stop watching Fox. Obviously it confuses you. MSNBC is your speed. Leave the in depth reports to those who understand. :D

Back
Top Bottom