• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reports: Milwaukee Bucks boycotting NBA playoff game this afternoon

I guess the issues relating to police brutality just are not important to the Trump base or the police forces of this nation. .

I suspect most Trump supporters fully recognize the issues relating to police brutality. They don't recognize this current charge of racism by the police. Might actually be able to come together to do something about the issue of police brutality but the left half of the country is currently obsessed with this current claim that the police are racist and kill black people because they are black. Its made up BS designed to sow racial discord.

The only mistake I made was saying "arrested" instead of "detained or arrested." 5 unarmed Black Americans die at the hands of police for every 20 detained or arrested.

Made up BS.
1099 total deaths by the police in 2018.
Not just “a few bad apples”: U.S. police kill civilians at much higher rates than other countries | Prison Policy Initiative
Using your math, 2,826,460 blacks were arrested in 2018
Arrests by offense, age, and race
That's not even counting the # of blacks simply detained which is probably 3 or 4 times that #. 5 for every 20 would be 706,615 dead blacks in 2018 at the hands of police.
There were 1099 TOTAL deaths of ALL races at the hands of the police in 2018. Your claim is more than a 700 fold exaggeration of reality.

AND THIS is precisely why we have rioting in the streets. You've been spoon fed a line if BS by the media and like a fool, you actually believe them. Its false propaganda and it is having the precise effect of what was intended by those who feed it to you. Intended to sow racial discord.

I suspect most Trump supporters fully recognize the issues relating to police brutality. They don't recognize this current charge of racism by the police. Might actually be able to come together to do something about the issue of police brutality but the left half of the country is currently obsessed with this current claim that the police are racist and kill black people because they are black. Its made up BS designed to sow racial discord.

Apparently, this has been going on for decades but the presence of cell phone cameras is finally showing us all that the claims were right all along. So its not racism in your view, what is it then? It sure as hell isn't love of black communities that makes them execute the "bad" guys on the spot when black people are being policed.

Apparently, this has been going on for decades but the presence of cell phone cameras is finally showing us all that the claims were right all along. So its not racism in your view, what is it then? It sure as hell isn't love of black communities that makes them execute the "bad" guys on the spot when black people are being policed.

I guarantee you, SOME of it stems from racism, absolutely, but I guarantee you MOST of it stems from NOT BEING EDUCATED ON HOW TO ACT.....they think it's their RIGHT to resist, to not listen. to be belligerent....that goes for white, black, green, purple, and peach.....lack of education, lack of awareness, lack of perception, that all feeds into this.

Made up BS.
1099 total deaths by the police in 2018.
Not just “a few bad apples”: U.S. police kill civilians at much higher rates than other countries | Prison Policy Initiative
Using your math, 2,826,460 blacks were arrested in 2018
Arrests by offense, age, and race
That's not even counting the # of blacks simply detained which is probably 3 or 4 times that #. 5 for every 20 would be 706,615 dead blacks in 2018 at the hands of police.
There were 1099 TOTAL deaths of ALL races at the hands of the police in 2018. Your claim is more than a 700 fold exaggeration of reality.

AND THIS is precisely why we have rioting in the streets. You've been spoon fed a line if BS by the media and like a fool, you actually believe them. Its false propaganda and it is having the precise effect of what was intended by those who feed it to you. Intended to sow racial discord.

Alright, I see your argument. You are correct that my 20 was not scaled correctly. It was the ratio I was trying to get across, but accuracy is important too. The following data exists for 2018. There were 10,310,960 arrests of white people. There were 2,826,460 arrests of black people. There were 259 unarmed black people killed and 500 unarmed white people killed while detained or arrested by police. Taking into account your 3-4 times estimate for detainments, the true data is probably 2 unarmed white people die for every 140,000 arrests/detainments, and 5 unarmed black people die for every 140,000 arrests/detainments. I was off by a factor of 70,000, but the ratio itself was what I was trying to convey, and that ratio still shows a disparity.

National Trends — Mapping Police Violence

Police brutality. The overuse of force having nothing to do with race. More white people killed by the police than black. Blacks are 13% of the population BUT are 2.4 times as likely to engage in violent crime and so therefore account for 26% of the deaths at the hands of the police. The left simply views ANY disparate impact upon race as racism. At my old law school, blacks were 4 times as likely to fail the bar exam after being 3 times as likely to drop out and never take the bar exam, and they allege this is due to racism. Absurd

I guarantee you, SOME of it stems from racism, absolutely, but I guarantee you MOST of it stems from NOT BEING EDUCATED ON HOW TO ACT.....they think it's their RIGHT to resist, to not listen. to be belligerent....that goes for white, black, green, purple, and peach.....lack of education, lack of awareness, lack of perception, that all feeds into this.

Well that is certainly needed but it does seem strange that black people seem to be dying needlessly. Maybe the training they get says watch out for black people. I know you do not want to admit we have massive racism in our society still given your response here, I don't buy it myself. Trump was elected because of racism, thats 60 million votes for a racist.

Well that is certainly needed but it does seem strange that black people seem to be dying needlessly. Maybe the training they get says watch out for black people. I know you do not want to admit we have massive racism in our society still given your response here, I don't buy it myself. Trump was elected because of racism, thats 60 million votes for a racist.

I wasn't talking about how the police act.

Another bit of false propaganda spouted by the left.

Nope, they voted for a racist, his appeal is to racism and his convention was about racism. Sorry but if you voted for him, you voted for racist.

all we need is a leader. just an mature man/woman who can speak to the nation and diffuse tensions.

i think Trump loves the killings. it's the chaos he needs.

oh yeah? why the F isn't Biden speaking up then?

I don't know how me talking about it is gonna prevent the next bad life decision.

If there is no conversation, there is no beginning to an action.

Police brutality. The overuse of force having nothing to do with race. More white people killed by the police than black. Blacks are 13% of the population BUT are 2.4 times as likely to engage in violent crime and so therefore account for 26% of the deaths at the hands of the police. The left simply views ANY disparate impact upon race as racism. At my old law school, blacks were 4 times as likely to fail the bar exam after being 3 times as likely to drop out and never take the bar exam, and they allege this is due to racism. Absurd

So why do whites accept it the police brutality? Why don't they see that BLM can benefit them to?

Boring sport, who cares!

oh yeah? why the F isn't Biden speaking up then?

you mean other than he isn't the President of the United States.

oh, and have you read what Biden has said?

So why do whites accept it the police brutality?

Refraining from rioting, looting, arson and violence against others in response to police brutality is not acceptance of police brutality, comrade.

Back
Top Bottom