• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reports: Milwaukee Bucks boycotting NBA playoff game this afternoon

Absolutely, 1000% disagree, with pretty much anything I can throw at it, there is absolutely ZERO evidence that shows this was a crime, in fact, all the evidence showing, shows this as a justified shoot.

AFTER the investigation, if something else pops up, maybe....but you absolutely can not treat cops, as regular citizens in these situations, no matter the....violence.

But look at how you said it....I do think crimes as violent as this......WHAT CRIME ?

What evidence do you have that shows it was a justified shooting? Nothing I have seen indicates without a doubt that Blake was armed. Nothing I have seen indicates that he was reaching for anything in his car. Did you see video that I have not seen?

Any shooting that takes or could potentially take a life is treated as a homicide or attempted homicide initially. It warrants an investigation, and it is typically conducted exactly the same as a criminal investigation leading up to determining whether the actions were justified. Even if, as you say, it was not a criminal act, it should still be treated as a criminal act in terms of the investigation that takes place. That is how it works with civil matters. Killing is Homicide | Second Call Defense

Also let me clarify when I say "crimes as violent as this" that I am referring to the actions that led to the shooting as well as the shooting, so I am not saying that Blake might not be seen to be the perpetrator of that crime.

Because 5-year olds can articulate the subjugation, abuse and human rights crimes against Chinese muslims done by the Communist Chinese government.
Yup
But clearly you have no clue about the topic of this thread. A 5 years old would.

What evidence do you have that shows it was a justified shooting? Nothing I have seen indicates without a doubt that Blake was armed. Nothing I have seen indicates that he was reaching for anything in his car. Did you see video that I have not seen?

Any shooting that takes or could potentially take a life is treated as a homicide or attempted homicide initially. It warrants an investigation, and it is typically conducted exactly the same as a criminal investigation leading up to determining whether the actions were justified. Even if, as you say, it was not a criminal act, it should still be treated as a criminal act in terms of the investigation that takes place. That is how it works with civil matters. Killing is Homicide | Second Call Defense

Also let me clarify when I say "crimes as violent as this" that I am referring to the actions that led to the shooting as well as the shooting, so I am not saying that Blake might not be seen to be the perpetrator of that crime.

Watch the initial video, it's clear as day he's reaching for something.....any other link of thinking is trying to make excuses for his actions. Blake doesn't have to be armed for this to be justified, again, that is just another excuse for his actions.

I wouldn't be surprised. They realize the power of full unabashed solidarity.

Power to do what? Eliminate racism in the NBA? What the hell did the NBA do in relation to the racism of police they are protesting? What could the NBA possibly do to correct it? Makes about as much sense as torching some random guys business in response to perceived racism of the police. The only power these guys have is to embolden the rioters in the streets.

And for every 20 unarmed black men arrested, 5 were killed. In contrast, for every 20 unarmed white men arrested, 2 were killed. Do you feel the statistics you quoted justify that behavior?

Well that's a made up statistic. Your need to rely upon them demonstrates the weakness of your arguments.

Well that's a made up statistic. Your need to rely upon them demonstrates the weakness of your arguments.

It is not a made up statistic. I did not cite my source because neither did Acadia, and I was making a point that throwing numbers around without citing sources is useless.

Chart: Black Americans 2.5X More Likely Than Whites to Be Killed By Police | Statista
Black Men Are 2.5 Times More Likely to Be Killed by Police over Their Lifetime than White Men
What we’ve learned about police shootings 5 years after Ferguson
Getting shot by police is a leading cause of death for U.S. black men - Los Angeles Times

I guess the issues relating to police brutality just are not important to the Trump base or the police forces of this nation. What started with a knee has now grown into a multi-racial and cross political mass movement. Even though police forces know this behavior is tearing the nation apart, they continue to murder black people at will. If the police departments of this nation have not yet controlled themselves after countless public deaths then they will never do it with the current leadership and legal framework. When we say defund the police, what we really mean is clean the Stygian Stables and start over. This is not going away as a movement, this will continue until structural reform changes the way police departments behave in every spot in America. Once we rid ourselves of Trump, we can do the same thing with the Immigration Service and the war on drugs. Its time to fix what we all know is wrong and does not work.

Can you show me a black cop who has shot a white guy SEVEN times in his BACK?

Do you think there is a correlation between police shootings and the perp resisting arrest? Is it really that difficult to follow basic orders? Is it possible that police feel that certain people are more dangerous than others?

Can you show me a black person who was shot by police who didn't have an extensive criminal record, wasn't resisting arrest, was following orders, wasn't in the process of committing a crime etc?

Lets focus our anger on the criminals and not the police.

Lets focus on better parenting and family values.

Great news!

Hope they make their boycott permanent.

They will soon realize how lucky they were to have that well-paying job of throwing a ball through a hoop.

They will regret not keeping their mouths shut and just entertaining the people who were kind enough to buy tickets to see them having fun on the court.

Great news!

Hope they make their boycott permanent.

They will soon realize how lucky they were to have that well-paying job of throwing a ball through a hoop.

They will regret not keeping their mouths shut and just entertaining the people who were kind enough to buy tickets to see them having fun on the court.

Unfortunately, these selfish rich turds are screwing those in the industry who can't afford to lose money. I'm sure there are players who don't care one bit about the BLM movement. We have a very small percentage of players who "act" like they care forcing others to go along with this.

What a phony world we live in.

Nothing there supports your assertion. And while blacks are only 13% of the population, they are 2.4 times as likely to engage in violent crime with the result that they account for 26% of the deaths at the hands of police. Just as would be expected in even a perfectly colorblind society.

Lets focus on better parenting and family values.

Lesson one: If two police officers have their guns pointed at you, DONT try to get into the car with your 3 small kids.

WHat if they held a boycott and no one noticed. Judging by viewership...not very many people care about the NBA right now.

But the boycott sure does seem pretty impotent. If those very caring men actually gave a damn they would immediately go to the nearest police recruiting office and sign up to be a cop working specifically in those rat infested cities with the majority minority populations.

Nothing there supports your assertion. And while blacks are only 13% of the population, they are 2.4 times as likely to engage in violent crime with the result that they account for 26% of the deaths at the hands of police. Just as would be expected in even a perfectly colorblind society.

The only mistake I made was saying "arrested" instead of "detained or arrested." 5 unarmed Black Americans die at the hands of police for every 20 detained or arrested. 2 unarmed White Americans die at the hands of police for every 20 detained or arrested. There is a disparity in those numbers no matter how much you pretend there is not. 5 / 2 = 2.5 unarmed Black Americans die for every unarmed White American under similar circumstances. And you find that acceptable because they engage in more violent crime? You are against people's rights to a fair trial?

The NBA has already capitulated as well as the NFL and even Nascar into supporting BLM because they know the future of their audience and revenue isn't with white wingers like you. They've already bet against you which only gives players and activists more leverage. You are right about one thing though. This is going to be the response every time from now on so if these white billionairs want to make an actual return on their investment they're going to have to step up even further and these black players are only just starting to realize the power they weild.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...f-game-boycott-raptors-celtics-nick-nurse.amp

100% true. The sports leagues know the demographics. And old white men isn't the future of their fans.

Just give them the loss and lets move on. How stupid are these people? How much more money are they going to cost the economy? How is not playing going to stop people from committing crimes?

Got you talking and posting about it. Rather than ho hum, another black shot by a police person. ho hum.

Whatever. Milwaukee forfeits. Give the win to Orlando.

The NBA is on the verge of canceling the playoffs anyway. And if the NFL thinks it can have a season, it's just fooling itself.

Politics and Covid killed professional sports.

Power to do what? Eliminate racism in the NBA? What the hell did the NBA do in relation to the racism of police they are protesting? What could the NBA possibly do to correct it? Makes about as much sense as torching some random guys business in response to perceived racism of the police. The only power these guys have is to embolden the rioters in the streets.
Effect a societal change.

Got you talking and posting about it. Rather than ho hum, another black shot by a police person. ho hum.

I don't know how me talking about it is gonna prevent the next bad life decision.

it's literally why US banks stopped dealing with him. they couldn't deal with his constant bull**** drama.

...not to mention that Trump had a bad habit of not paying the US banks back...... from a US bank standpoint, promises made were NOT promises kept.

...not to mention that Trump had a bad habit of not paying the US banks back...... from a US bank standpoint, promises made were NOT promises kept.

and if he can't pay US banks back, i'm sure he can't pay the Russian Mafia back.

Actually quite the opposite -- since violence is the language of the unheard, having a platform such as the NBA to present the grievances should ease violence. Last night, for example was not as violent. Just wait until the NFL joins in, which the NBA boycott will certainly foster....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom