• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reports: Milwaukee Bucks boycotting NBA playoff game this afternoon

Reports: Milwaukee Bucks boycotting NBA playoff game this afternoon - StarTribune.com

NBA-TV and ESPN are reporting that the Bucks decided to boycott Game 5 of their NBA playoff series against Orlando in the aftermath of the shooting of Jacob Blake by Kenosha, Wis., police on Sunday and the deaths of two others in a shooting on Tuesday night in Kenosha.

NBA was in the lead back early in the pandemic......

Good for the NBA. Maybe trump can find some proud boys to play in their place?

I heard LeBron tweeted an "FU" to trump as well. Good for LeBron as well!

you know what matters to owners, right?

butts in the seats

when the young progressives start shelling out for season tickets, then they will have an ACTUAL VOICE that is listened to

right now, with COVID happening, the stadiums are empty....

tickets matter....along with luxury box sales.....that is how owners get rich

the TV revenue pays the bills

You think white money is going to go towards that ****show?
Lmao. This guy is lost.

He thinks the money million dollar athletes are talking about are Joe Schmoe buying hotdogs.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Just give them the loss and lets move on. How stupid are these people? How much more money are they going to cost the economy? How is not playing going to stop people from committing crimes?

Exactly. It's not like standing up for living, breathing humans is more important than a game or $$$$$.

I'm most glad a ton of the pro life folks outed themselves. They're no better than Falwell Jr.

A 1-2 team isn’t playing tonight. Say it ain’t so.

What the white wing is really upset about is that these players are smart enough to realize their leverage and bold enough to use it.

Their leverage over who? Few knew they were even playing. So the league fades into obscurity.

Lmao. This guy is lost.

He thinks the money million dollar athletes are talking about are Joe Schmoe buying hotdogs.

------------------------

Thought had by person at the White House: If you can remember, man, woman, car, camera, TV, you are fit to lead a country and no one has anything to worry about

Oh hell, we all know the NBA doesn't care about Joe Schmo. They are all about Wen Lee.

Their leverage over who? Few knew they were even playing. So the league fades into obscurity.

I think the NBA isn't going far enough with this. They need to boycott America and only play in China.

No longer just the Bucks. It's the entire NBA taking off - today!

I think the NBA isn't going far enough with this. They need to boycott America and only play in China.

it's the players not teh NBA... of course a smart guy like that understands the differance lol

Oh hell, we all know the NBA doesn't care about Joe Schmo. They are all about Wen Lee.
Your obsession with Asians is not my problem.

------------------------

Likely tomorrow too. There were discussions about tomorrow before the decisions made today. I expect those teams will also follow suit to have their actions noticed.

No longer just the Bucks. It's the entire NBA being forced to take off today.

The NBA has already capitulated as well as the NFL and even Nascar into supporting BLM because they know the future of their audience and revenue isn't with white wingers like you. They've already bet against you which only gives players and activists more leverage. You are right about one thing though. This is going to be the response every time from now on so if these white billionairs want to make an actual return on their investment they're going to have to step up even further and these black players are only just starting to realize the power they weild.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...f-game-boycott-raptors-celtics-nick-nurse.amp
Yep. Agreed. It will remain effective, if - like all power - they use it wisely, sparingly, strategically. The current string of events starting with Floyd seems to me to be a good place to do it.

Seeing as the NBA leadership is ignoring the physical abuse of minors in Chinese NBA-sponsored athletic camps, it wouldn't surprise me if they did just that!

just think how many More people will be watching the Republican convention tonight. That being said, more people will be out rioting.

The NBA fade into obscurity? :lamo

Their billionaire owners might not find that so agreeable so they'll bend. What they wont do is give a seconds thought to what you or anybody else on the white wing thinks because you have no leverage whatsoever. Billion dollar industries couldn't give a flying **** how any of you feel. :laughat:

Likely tomorrow too. There were discussions about tomorrow before the decisions made today. I expect those teams will also follow suit to have their actions noticed.
I wouldn't be surprised. They realize the power of full unabashed solidarity.

Back
Top Bottom