• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) Assaults Cop

Have we heard from Jesse Jackson or Louis Farakan on this yet? If not, I'm sure it will be very soon.

KCConservative said:
Have we heard from Jesse Jackson or Louis Farakan on this yet? If not, I'm sure it will be very soon.

Jesse jackson held a press conference on the Congressional Building Steps, during which time he rhymed/decalred the following words:

It seems America is Uptight...
but everything will be alright....
'cause you see Mckinney was right,
after getting such a fright,
to slap the stupid white
who did not recognize her by sight.

Farakan gave a quick soundbyte on the subject as he dove into a limo: "Maybe McKinney should think about wearing a Bow Tie - everyone recognizes me wherever I go when I wear mine. She should also think about converting to muslim and joining my coalition. Every prominent member gets 2 of these huge bow-tie-wearing body guards who would have handled the Whitey for her so she would not have had to soil her delicate hands!"

:roll: :rofl

McKinney held a press confeerence with Harry Belefonte and Actor Danny Glover during which time she argued that she is a victim of racial profiling, that she was singled out because she was a black woman!

Members of Congress are allowed to bypass the metal detectors and security checkpoint. They are supposed to wear a lapel pin that identifies them as lawmakers. McKinney acknowledges she wasn't wearing one when she was stopped, but concurred with Myart that police should know who she is. "The pin is not the issue," the six-time congresswoman said. "The issue is face recognition." (Wait, I thought it was racial profiling? :confused: :roll: )

My favorite comment about her assault of a police officer was this:

However, McKinney's other attorney, Michael Raffauf, downplayed the possibility of pressing charges against the officer, saying, "Not every assault deserves to be criminally prosecuted."

Yeah, certain people should be allowed to assault police officers when they are upset and not have to be bothered with accountability for their actions!

Come Mister Security Guard
You must re-cog-nize me.....

McKinney come and she donwanna be slowed!

Daaaaay-Oh, Daaay-ay-ay-Oh!

:rofl

aps said:
The article in the New York Times yesterday makes me sick. Boy, she is something else. She gets Danny Glover and Harry Bellafonte to stand next to her at a black university to claim that, "This whole incident was instigated by the inappropriate touching and stopping of me, a female black Congresswoman." Gawd, she makes me sick!

On top of that, she admits that she was not wearing her wittle lapel pin that would indicate she is a Member of Congress, but that the police should have recognized her. She said, "The issue is face recognition." Excuse me? No, honey, the issue is your thinking that you're too good for security measures and that everyone should recognize you. Face recognition? Do we know how long that policeman had been working for the Capitol police?

I mentioned this yesterday about the "they all look alike" syndrome, and that's what she is claiming. Remember what I said was that the only people who have said my husband and I look like brother and sister are black people. It goes both ways!

Apparently, she is considering pursuing a criminal investigation against the officer. I am utterly disgusted with this woman, and I hope she goes down.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/01/washington/01mckinney.html

Here's the article.

Well it should be no surprise, this is the same crazy bitch that accused the police of killing tupac and that Bush planned 9-11.

teacher said:
I'll just say I lived in Georgia for 12 years. She has a history of this and just loves to cry racist at every opportunity. Her Father is a piece of work too.

ludahai said:
I have gotten a kick out of this whole incident. I used to live in Georgia and am still registered there. Anyone who lives in Georgia knows exactly how nutty this woman is.

Thank you. See...

This woman is a rascist and a nutcase...........I hope they throw the book at her.......

Navy Pride said:
This woman is a rascist and a nutcase...........I hope they throw the book at her.......

If the situation is true to what I have read I definitely agree.

This whole thing is out of hand, and to cry assault and racism when an officer who was doing exactly what they were hired to do is just moronic.

If the "Concerned Black Clergy" wants to start a battle and express their opinion over bigger issues this is definitely not the stepping stone to choose.

McKinney is on CNN with Wolf Blitzer right now. She and here lawyers are making every effort to divert blame to the Capitol Hill Police for not recognizing her. She maintains that every page is required to learn the face and name of all members of Congress, so the Capitol Hill Police should also.

Every chance they get, they blame it on the "predisposition of Capitol Hill Police to be suspicious of black people". Her lawyers are also blaming it on the policy of letting members of Congress to pass the metal detectors without being examined by them.

These people are trotting out every 'blame game' ever conceived of and articulating a few new ones. Totally disgusting.

oldreliable67 said:
McKinney is on CNN with Wolf Blitzer right now. She and here lawyers are making every effort to divert blame to the Capitol Hill Police for not recognizing her. She maintains that every page is required to learn the face and name of all members of Congress, so the Capitol Hill Police should also.

Every chance they get, they blame it on the "predisposition of Capitol Hill Police to be suspicious of black people". Her lawyers are also blaming it on the policy of letting members of Congress to pass the metal detectors without being examined by them.

These people are trotting out every 'blame game' ever conceived of and articulating a few new ones. Totally disgusting.

Watching it, it's been on for 2 seconds and she's thrown the race card 3 times. She hit a cop, she goes to jail, case closed.

oldreliable67 said:

The police would have to recognize almost 600 people by their face...she is a frigging idiot.....Even the libs in here are saying that

Then maybe you need a better ID system for the Congressmen... because the fact that anyone can skip through with the right sort of lapel pin and blow up the building screams SECURITY PROBLEM!

As I've said, oh... twice already in this thread. :roll:

vergiss said:
Then maybe you need a better ID system for the Congressmen... because the fact that anyone can skip through with the right sort of lapel pin and blow up the building screams SECURITY PROBLEM!

No because the lapel pin would aid in face recognition, you would look at the lapel pin and run through your brain till you match the face with the name.

Navy Pride said:
The police would have to recognize almost 600 people by their face...she is a frigging idiot.....Even the libs in here are saying that

And when she made a drastic change to her appearence did she take the responsiblity to go and show that new appearence to each and everyone of them?

Kelzie said:
She doesn't say it was before or after he grabbed her arm and she slapped him.

I dare you to go to and airport tomorrow, walk around a security check point, ignore three calls for you to stop and when they touch your arm swing your phone around and hit the TSA agent. Then I dare you to try and claim that you had a right to hit the agent because he touched you. I dare you. I dare you to go into that court and tell the judge that when a law enforcement officer at such a security check point tells someone to stop, three times, that they DON'T have the authority to grab tha someone and even throw them on the ground if necessary.

The woman is a narcissitic idiot who believes that by being elected to congress that she is now royalty and above the little people. And in my opinion there is no one more sickening that someone demanding respect they don't deserve and using the power of an office to demand it.

vergiss said:
Wow, I didn't know other people had eyes on the back of their head.
She walked through the checkpoint that is there everyday, she walked past them. She has ears on both sides of her head.

So you're telling me that it is unreasonable to think that someone walking through a security checkpoint and is told to stop should heed such a warning as it is probably coming from a security guard. Is he suppose to run around in front of her and wave his arms?

Why don't you go to an airport tomorrow and try to do the same thing then come back and tell us what they did when you didn't stop.

It was her arm, not shoulder.
It's been reported both ways, is that your best arguement? Shoulder OK arm not?

Stinger said:
And when she made a drastic change to her appearence did she take the responsiblity to go and show that new appearence to each and everyone of them?

Excellent point Stinger.....I saw her in her pres conference and if I did not know it was her I would have not recognized her.......

Navy Pride said:
Excellent point Stinger.....I saw her in her pres conference and if I did not know it was her I would have not recognized her.......

I totally agree. Also, she may have walked around the metal detector without looking in the direction of the police officer. If he doesn't see her directly head on, would he recognize her?

I cannot believe her bogus response to this. Anyone who is protesting this much knows that she is in the wrong. I bet she is hoping to scare the police off by throwing this public, "I was stopped because I am black" defense. I hope they stand their ground and bring charges against her anyway. Although, I have heard that Washington, DC, juries are pretty liberal (after all, Kerry got 90% of the vote there). So maybe she would get off. Grrrrrrrrrr

aps said:
I totally agree. Also, she may have walked around the metal detector without looking in the direction of the police officer. If he doesn't see her directly head on, would he recognize her?

I cannot believe her bogus response to this. Anyone who is protesting this much knows that she is in the wrong. I bet she is hoping to scare the police off by throwing this public, "I was stopped because I am black" defense. I hope they stand their ground and bring charges against her anyway. Although, I have heard that Washington, DC, juries are pretty liberal (after all, Kerry got 90% of the vote there). So maybe she would get off. Grrrrrrrrrr
She's just trying to get off on it and maintain her "pride" so it seems. It's pathetic. Ppl that use race like this are a disgrace. It harms the those that really are being discriminated against.
She needs to get her head out of her f**king *** and just fess up. I'm tired of these politicians continuously denying any wrong doing ever. It's a disgrace, shame on her.

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
No because the lapel pin would aid in face recognition, you would look at the lapel pin and run through your brain till you match the face with the name.

Oh, so now the security personnel can regonise each Member of Congress? :lol: Somehow a lapel pin will magically make them recognisable, in a way that walking past security won't?

Stinger said:
I dare you to go to and airport tomorrow, walk around a security check point, ignore three calls for you to stop and when they touch your arm swing your phone around and hit the TSA agent. Then I dare you to try and claim that you had a right to hit the agent because he touched you. I dare you. I dare you to go into that court and tell the judge that when a law enforcement officer at such a security check point tells someone to stop, three times, that they DON'T have the authority to grab tha someone and even throw them on the ground if necessary.

Like, wow! That's such a smart analogy! Because Kelzie totally has the authority (which McKinney does) to walk past security in those places. :roll:

Face it, guys. This whole thing has exposed what is possibly the single most retarded gap in national security, which potential terrorists are probably now scrambling to use, and you're caught up whinging about who's more racist just because it's an opportunity to make a dumb Democrat look even dumber. Would you be carrying on like this if it were Condoleeza Rice? Hmmm... no.

Sheesh. Just fix the problem already, for the sake of your own country.

Bah.

I think members of congress need to go through the detectors like anyone else.

Now that the story has seen so much play and they now know congress bypasses detectors, It is only a matter of time before a nitro loaded osama agent tries to sneak by in a Ted Kennedy mask. Now they know not to sneak in as a belligerent congresswoman of color as they may get stopped anyway.

160px-Ted_Kennedy.jpg

POL1800_Tn.jpg

vergiss said:
This whole thing has exposed what is possibly the single most retarded gap in national security, which potential terrorists are probably now scrambling to use

Good call. Make them go through the detectors like everyone else.

Woo hoo! The Capitol Police have referred the case to the US Attorney's office! We shall see if this goes forward.

Police Seek Charge Against McKinney
Congresswoman May Be Prosecuted in Scuffle With Officer

By Del Quentin Wilber
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, April 4, 2006; A04

U.S. Capitol Police asked federal prosecutors yesterday to charge Rep. Cynthia McKinney with simple assault in an altercation between the congresswoman and an officer at a security checkpoint last week, police sources said.

Capitol Police issued a statement yesterday saying that they had referred investigators' findings to the U.S. attorney's office in Washington. Police Chief Terrance W. Gainer declined to discuss the matter, referring questions to prosecutors. . . .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/04/03/AR2006040300998.html

There's a picture of her along with this article. Under it, it says how she held a press conference yesterday and has received the support of black "clergy and lawmakers." I don't think I can get anymore disgusted than I am with this situation.

aps said:
I don't think I can get anymore disgusted than I am with this situation.

I will be more disgusted if they let them continue to skip the detectors.

"McKinney has said she was not wearing her pin but contended that police should be trained to recognize members of Congress and not rely on pins or hairstyles."

I would really like to see her name 435 people she barely knows.

akyron said:
I will be more disgusted if they let them continue to skip the detectors.

LOL Write to your Congress person and tell him/her what you think. I might have to do the same.

vergiss said:

Back on the police, huh? :doh

well, evidently security is fine because not only has there been any incident of anyone getting in that shouldn't be, the police correctly stopped McKinney who was trying to get in without her ID PIN that shows she is a member of congress. Seems like the only problem we have had with security here is when this woman gets tired of having to validate her identity to WHITE PEOPLE!

She makes a racist comment like THAT then brings in Harry Belefonte and Danny Glover to announce to the world that SHE is the victim of racism?!:shock:

Back
Top Bottom