• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Rep. Cynthia McKinney (D-GA) Assaults Cop

Trajan Octavian Titus said:
By her own words the cop body blocked her which means he was in front of her:

And she was not wearing her identification pin:

She doesn't say it was before or after he grabbed her arm and she slapped him.

She was not wearin her identification pin:

And? I don't doubt that she should have been. Doesn't mean she can't defend herself when someone grabs her arm.

And this is not the first of such incidents involving the Representative from Georgia:

Again. Define the "altercation". Coulda just been an argument.

She is definately in the wrong here not the cop.

Says you.

Well, it's comforting to know that any psycho with a stolen or faked lapel pin could just skip through the metal detectors and shoot whoever he wants. :roll:

Kelzie said:
Again. Define the "altercation". Coulda just been an argument.

I don't care it shows her history of disrespecting law enforcement.

It doesn't matter if the cop grabbed her arm, because he yelled for her to stop 3 times before he touched her, there is no statute requiring that a police officer has to vocally identify himself when making a stop, and she wasn't wearing her lapel pin the officer had every right in the world to stop her but she had absolutely no right to assault the officer but atleast you haven't thrown the race card yet.

Cynthia McKinney is a racist plain and simple. I saw her statement on tv today about how she was only stopped because she was a black woman and that it was racism. She was quoted before as saying something about not wanting to be checked at a metal detector because it was by "white" people.

When are black people going to stop playing the race card? It is so damn rediculous and I am so sick and tired of hearing racism every time a black person does something wrong. Affirmative action is racism, Cynthia McKinney is a racist, what the police officer did was standard procedure and McKinney knew it. She just loves to make a scene. To quote some relevant words from the movie Dragon Heart "Nobody is above the law, especially the king"

Gosh, I hope they nail that lady. I saw here today on TV. She looked like Chris Rock in drag. She has one of those attitudes that need addressing. I am going to enjoy this.

I can just see her snapping her fingers, bobbing her head and telling the cop to "talk to the hand," Too funny. :rofl

RealmOfThePureForms said:
Cynthia McKinney is a racist plain and simple. I saw her statement on tv today about how she was only stopped because she was a black woman and that it was racism. She was quoted before as saying something about not wanting to be checked at a metal detector because it was by "white" people.

When are black people going to stop playing the race card? It is so damn rediculous and I am so sick and tired of hearing racism every time a black person does something wrong. Affirmative action is racism, Cynthia McKinney is a racist, what the police officer did was standard procedure and McKinney knew it. She just loves to make a scene. To quote some relevant words from the movie Dragon Heart "Nobody is above the law, especially the king"

Okay, initially I was on McKinney's side. I thought it was possible that she wasn't aware of who grabbed her arm (I got the impression the officer came up behind her) and she hit him out of self-defense. However, there are other facts that come into play here. I worked on the Hill in one of the House buildings for a period of time, and I know what the security check-points are like. As an employee, I didn't have to have my bag go through the machine, or walk through the metal detector. However, if I was walking away from that area and someone called out, "Ma'am," who else could it be if it was not a security guard? It's not like she was out on public--she was in a House office building!

Anyway, adding to this was easy's report of her past occurrences. Now with her pulling out the race card, I will no longer remotely support her position. Like Realm, I am sick and tired of people pulling the race card. I see it way too much, and it's absolutely ridiculous. I don't mean for this to sound racist, but when African American women change their hairstyle, they can look totally different.

This ought to be an interesting fight--a Member of Congress versus the Capitol Police.

She comes across to me as nothing BUT a racist.

That is the main problem with this country today. Do black people really think that everytime they get in trouble crying racist is going to help? It might help in the short term because white Americans are currently walking on eggshells because the fascist PC police are on full patrol, but in the long run the only thing it's going to breed is anger and resentment.

Since Cynthia McKinney decided to play the race card I would say this is as good a thread as any to bring this stuff out in.

It's funny because alot of the problems we face today we probably wouldn't be facing if it wasn't for a few elitest groups that brainwash it into the general public. I guess if you tell a person they are a dog 50,000 times a year they will believe it.

Black people have been told that affirmative action and racial quotas are lawful rights that belong to blacks. It is this exact mentality of "it is my right to have this and that given to me" that is breeding this culture of victimization that many blacks now believe they have a right to shout racism any time they feel an injustice has been waged against them whether it is real or imagined.

Most of the time it is imagined. In a book I read before by Thomas Chittum he makes an arguement that basically cannot be refuted. Affirmative action is racist and it is against the laws of a democratic nation state such as the USA. Empires which are defined as a minority ruling party using physical force to subjugate a majority of different ethnic and culture groups always tier these ethnic groups giving certain onces special privilages to keep the other ethnic groups in line. They do this because if all the ethnic groups under their minority control of force were to rebell the empire would instantly be thrown in civil war and destroyed.

Nations on the other hand, defined as being homgenous, one similar culture and language shared by all, do not use tiering of society. In a democratic nation state, the idea of tiers of ethnicities flies in the face of democracy and equality. It places the individuals RACE above their NATIONALITY, therebye destroying the fabric of ONE society. Instead it breeds resentment and seperation of the races by giving one preferential treatment over the others. This goes against everything that a free, equal, democratic nation state stands for.

The damage that this kind of belief system that one race deserves special privilages above another can create through the decades is very dangerous to a nation which rests its stability entirely on the fact that its people all share one common language and culture, and therefore are all equal as nationals of their country to work toward whatever accomplishments and goals they may want, knowing full well that there merit and not their race will determine how far they go.

Befuddled_Stoner said:
:rofl no matter how unimportant a congressperson she may be, I have little doubt that someone in her position would be able to apply pressure to the cop's superiors to force him to drop such minor charges. Lawmakers being held to the same standards as everyone else? *sigh* if only....

Don't count on it, assualting an officer very serious.

Kelzie said:
If the policeman didn't identify himself and grabbed her arm she was well within reason to slap him.

He was in uniform, at a security checkpoint and he asked her several times to stop. He put his hand on her shoulder which he is perfectly intitled to do to get her attention.

Stinger said:
He was in uniform, at a security checkpoint and he asked her several times to stop. He put his hand on her shoulder which he is perfectly intitled to do to get her attention.

Wow, I didn't know other people had eyes on the back of their head.

It was her arm, not shoulder.

Captain America said:
She comes across to me as nothing BUT a racist.

oh, you white devil, you!

She is straight from the Louis Farrakhan "We can be as visciously racist as we want, but you can't" school of hypocricy.

vergiss said:
Wow, I didn't know other people had eyes on the back of their head.

It was her arm, not shoulder.

I'm curious about something Vergis. Do you know anything about McKinney's actual politics or are you defending her to the degree you are defending her based on something else?

The reason I ask is that since she is so virulently antisemitic and you are Jewish, I'm wondering if you are defending her out of some sense of nobility or because you simply do not know what she's all about.

Gardener said:
I'm curious about something Vergis. Do you know anything about McKinney's actual politics or are you defending her to the degree you are defending her based on something else?

The reason I ask is that since she is so virulently antisemitic and you are Jewish, I'm wondering if you are defending her out of some sense of nobility or because you simply do not know what she's all about.

Of course I know about her distaste for Israel (which is highly misguided, but I would not be so hasty as to deem that alone as proof of anti-Semitism). However, I am capable of seperating personal opinion and partisan politics from the simple fact of what is right, what is wrong, and what is a storm in a teacup. You, however, have just proven that the people baying for her blood are not.

vergiss said:
You, however, have just proven that the people baying for her blood are not.

I asked you a question, and you respond with this. If you wish to make this personal, then by all means continue. If you wish to discuss, instead, then kindly show at least a modicum of respect. I certainly have not bayed for her blood nor proven I am incapable of anything. That you would portray me as such says more about your personal needs than it does mine.

As far as her antisemitism is concerned, her various Nation of Islam style rants about Jewish control of the media and Jews pulling the strings of government certainly qualifies to me. If that's just fine with you so be it, and we simply have a disagreement as to what qualifies as antisemitism.

OK, now the real reason comes out. McKinney is being targeted because she is black, according to her lawyer. Of course, we should have known all along that the law allows black congresswomen to strike cops.

Jeez..................

Article is here.

danarhea said:
OK, now the real reason comes out. McKinney is being targeted because she is black, according to her lawyer. Of course, we should have known all along that the law allows black congresswomen to strike cops.

Jeez..................

Article is here.

That's so dumb. She shoulda stuck with she didn't see that he was an officer.

I have gotten a kick out of this whole incident. I used to live in Georgia and am still registered there. Anyone who lives in Georgia knows exactly how nutty this woman is. Anyone who knows the fourth Congressional District knows that she is in one of the safest districts in the country, so she can basically get away with any antic she wants and be re-elected for as long as she wants.

Cynthia is a racist, that is undebatable. It appears clear that, by her own admission, that the police officer was at least in her field of view as she claims the officer was body blocking her. Hard to do that from behind. The officer undoubtedly had a uniform on. She then goes ahead and coldcocks him and basically argues that her race should make her immune because the police officer was white (though I am assuming he is white - can anyone verify this?)

Cynthia has a history of racism on the campaign trail. Her district is almost 2/3 Black and it plays in her district. I have had the "pleasure" of visiting her district on a number of occassions. Most of it is a scary place for white people. Just the people that make great constituents for the likes of Congresscritter McKinney.

Now, I hope they really do arrest her racist, anti-Semite, anti-US, pro-terrorist A$# and make her spend some time in a jail, even if only for a few hours.

danarhea said:

Jeez..................

Article is here.

We knew the race card was played 2 days ago......

Gardener said:
I asked you a question, and you respond with this. If you wish to make this personal, then by all means continue. If you wish to discuss, instead, then kindly show at least a modicum of respect. I certainly have not bayed for her blood nor proven I am incapable of anything. That you would portray me as such says more about your personal needs than it does mine.

As far as her antisemitism is concerned, her various Nation of Islam style rants about Jewish control of the media and Jews pulling the strings of government certainly qualifies to me. If that's just fine with you so be it, and we simply have a disagreement as to what qualifies as antisemitism.

You're encouraging me not to defend her based on her politics, then denying that it's the reason you're condemning her? :doh

Can I get a source for these rants?

The article in the New York Times yesterday makes me sick. Boy, she is something else. She gets Danny Glover and Harry Bellafonte to stand next to her at a black university to claim that, "This whole incident was instigated by the inappropriate touching and stopping of me, a female black Congresswoman." Gawd, she makes me sick!

On top of that, she admits that she was not wearing her wittle lapel pin that would indicate she is a Member of Congress, but that the police should have recognized her. She said, "The issue is face recognition." Excuse me? No, honey, the issue is your thinking that you're too good for security measures and that everyone should recognize you. Face recognition? Do we know how long that policeman had been working for the Capitol police?

I mentioned this yesterday about the "they all look alike" syndrome, and that's what she is claiming. Remember what I said was that the only people who have said my husband and I look like brother and sister are black people. It goes both ways!

Apparently, she is considering pursuing a criminal investigation against the officer. I am utterly disgusted with this woman, and I hope she goes down.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/01/washington/01mckinney.html

Here's the article.

aps said:
The article in the New York Times yesterday makes me sick. Boy, she is something else. She gets Danny Glover and Harry Bellafonte to stand next to her at a black university to claim that, "This whole incident was instigated by the inappropriate touching and stopping of me, a female black Congresswoman." Gawd, she makes me sick!

On top of that, she admits that she was not wearing her wittle lapel pin that would indicate she is a Member of Congress, but that the police should have recognized her. She said, "The issue is face recognition." Excuse me? No, honey, the issue is your thinking that you're too good for security measures and that everyone should recognize you. Face recognition? Do we know how long that policeman had been working for the Capitol police?

I mentioned this yesterday about the "they all look alike" syndrome, and that's what she is claiming. Remember what I said was that the only people who have said my husband and I look like brother and sister are black people. It goes both ways!

Apparently, she is considering pursuing a criminal investigation against the officer. I am utterly disgusted with this woman, and I hope she goes down.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/01/washington/01mckinney.html

Here's the article.

Regardless of which side of the isle, these politicians all think they're the bomb. They all think that they're above the law, since, afterall, it is they who make the laws.

Kelzie said:
Yes and if he grabs her from behind like he did, how was she supposed to know that?

In her most recent interview in which she actually spoke, she did not say she thought she was being attacked - she said she was tired of having to validate her identity to WHITE PEOPLE! That tells me that she thinks she is special as a member of congress and that little lapel pin should allow her to walk in without being challenged, that she should be recognized on site by the several hundred different security police who have to man the post protecting her butt while thousands of people walk in and out of there each week. As I said earlier as well, if it is SOP for them to slow down, flash the pin or some ID, and it is the guards job to ensure that happens, and she failed to do so - whe is in the wrong.

But just her own words make it SOUND like 1) she has a problem with WHITE people, and 2) she had a chip on her shoulder about having to show ID when entering the building, the frustration or whatever you want to call it got the better of her, and she slapped the cop. Also, if it was a simple case of mistaken identity, believeing she was being attacked, then it should not have been a big deal to apologize for striking the policeman after the fact. The fact that she refused to apologize at 1st demonstrates, at least to me, that she was holding a grudge, again, for having to 'validate her identity to White people', maybe even that she believed because of it that the cop deserved what he got!

Bottom line, though, she struck a cop. That is against the law. She, I assume - haven't heard the latest, got arrested. I guess the details will be settle later by a judge.

easyt65 said:
In her most recent interview in which she actually spoke, she did not say she thought she was being attacked - she said she was tired of having to validate her identity to WHITE PEOPLE! That tells me that she thinks she is special as a member of congress and that little lapel pin should allow her to walk in without being challenged, that she should be recognized on site by the several hundred different security police who have to man the post protecting her butt while thousands of people walk in and out of there each week. As I said earlier as well, if it is SOP for them to slow down, flash the pin or some ID, and it is the guards job to ensure that happens, and she failed to do so - whe is in the wrong.

But just her own words make it SOUND like 1) she has a problem with WHITE people, and 2) she had a chip on her shoulder about having to show ID when entering the building, the frustration or whatever you want to call it got the better of her, and she slapped the cop. Also, if it was a simple case of mistaken identity, believeing she was being attacked, then it should not have been a big deal to apologize for striking the policeman after the fact. The fact that she refused to apologize at 1st demonstrates, at least to me, that she was holding a grudge, again, for having to 'validate her identity to White people', maybe even that she believed because of it that the cop deserved what he got!

Bottom line, though, she struck a cop. That is against the law. She, I assume - haven't heard the latest, got arrested. I guess the details will be settle later by a judge.

Look who's playing the race card now. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom