• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Remington Arms declares bankruptcy despite surging gun demand

If you actually believe that this bankruptcy will mean that all of the Remington models currently in production will just suddenly go away, then you don't understand how these things work. All that will happen is some big time investors will buy the company then turn around and sell off the parts (including the patents) which will then be manufactured by another company--- possibly even with the same "Remington" name stamped on them.

You libs crack me up.

I read somewhere, about 3 weeks ago, that the Navajo Nation was in negotiations to buy Remington.
maybe more info can be found on it somewhere

Not to mention dangerous as hell.... I've never had that happen, but just plinking the firing pin will hit the .22, and just not fire, like it wasn't quite deep enough or with enough force, for some unexplained reason. So I wait a few seconds, eject it, hope it doesn't go off, then keep shooting, then typically bury the shell in some dirt. Haven't shot it much in years.

Sounds like a good use of that gun. Disappointing though.

Shooting at a cactus one day

Bap... Bap... Brrrrrrrrppp. 13 rounds of Long Rifle gone....

That was the day I decided it was time to say goodbye.

Remington Arms declares bankruptcy despite surging gun demand | Fox Business

This is great news. These types of companies shouldn't exist for profit. The government needs to take over Remington, Smith & Wesson, Sturm, Ruger, Sig Sauer, etc....

Alcoholic beverage control states still exist to regulate the sale of alcohol. IMO all states need to control the sale of firearms.
It is because idiots were allowed to sue the company because one of their firearms was used to kill a bunch of children by a nut that shot his own mother in the face to steal the firearms and was somehow punishing her by shooting the kids in a school she sometimes sub'ed at. It would be the same as suing Ford because someone stole a Ford truck then used it to run over a bunch of people. Ya just cannot make this stuff up folks, Pure Nonsense.

It is because idiots were allowed to sue the company because one of their firearms was used to kill a bunch of children by a nut that shot his own mother in the face to steal the firearms and was somehow punishing her by shooting the kids in a school she sometimes sub'ed at. It would be the same as suing Ford because someone stole a Ford truck then used it to run over a bunch of people. Ya just cannot make this stuff up folks, Pure Nonsense.

That which cannot be done away with through legislation shall be done away with through litigation.

Business will pick up if Biden wins.

The only gun companies we'll have left are the cheapo brands and the assault style weapon companies.

Business will pick up if Biden wins.

Count on it, but Obama was pretty good at it, along with a Pandemic and some Protests. But hey gives me an excuse to buy just one more, LOL.

That which cannot be done away with through legislation shall be done away with through litigation.

Corporate predators through LBOs works, too. That's a big part of Remington's problem.

Old people are the pro gun types. They're dying off.

Great news, one less company peddling death.

Yeah.. tell us again how you are a gun owner and a CCW holder... MR. "one less company peddling death"...
:roll:

Which has **** all to do with this topic.

Guns have really very little value and purpose in being in the hands of a common man. Obviously, firearms are necessary for combat however if you think about it, a lot of the bravest men and women in combat didn't use a firearm.

Luckily technology will eliminate the need for firearms. When these gun manufacturers and the NRA go bankrupt we can become a more evolved society.

Guns have really very little value and purpose in being in the hands of a common man. Obviously, firearms are necessary for combat however if you think about it, a lot of the bravest men and women in combat didn't use a firearm.

Luckily technology will eliminate the need for firearms. When these gun manufacturers and the NRA go bankrupt we can become a more evolved society.

Utopia magic bull**** and platitudes. Hard pass.

That's the stupidest OP I have ever read. Lets have the state control the sale of firearms meant to protect the populace from the State----whatever the **** could go wrong?

Meanwhile you cheer the removal of more US jobs---so wrong.

Edit: chapter 11 reorganization. So not closing its doors, yet.

You guys gave up that BS talking point.....

Remington Arms declares bankruptcy despite surging gun demand | Fox Business

This is great news. These types of companies shouldn't exist for profit. The government needs to take over Remington, Smith & Wesson, Sturm, Ruger, Sig Sauer, etc....

Alcoholic beverage control states still exist to regulate the sale of alcohol. IMO all states need to control the sale of firearms.

Yes .. let's let the government take over so people can't protect themselves and cities and towns evolve into the next Portland and Seattle.

Yes .. let's let the government take over so people can't protect themselves and cities and towns evolve into the next Portland and Seattle.

Crime is not up in Seattle or Portland. Property damage? Yes, but not actual crime rates.

If you like these type of companies you must really love tobacco companies.

I don't, but the states sure do, including YOUR state! Who enjoys raking in all that sweet, sweet tax revenue!

Are they on your communist takeover list too?

Back
Top Bottom