• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Remington Arms declares bankruptcy despite surging gun demand

Hopefully DebateChallenge - who's name I spelled out - won't mind me naming him

(I wouldn't want to be accused of not having the "balls" to mention the other poster I was alluding to)

Anyone seen him recently ?

There's a poster on her (Debate Challenge) who said that and to be honest I was fairly skeptical of his claims, largely because I'd not heard of poor quality in Remington guns.
Indeed when looking at comparisons, on placed like YouTube between the Remington 870 and Mossberg 500, the Mossberg seems to have been regarded as the "cheap" option and I'd actually heard the Remington described as the "Rolls Royce"

Clearly if your product is more expensive AND of inferior quality, your company is in trouble.

I was suggesting that, if the company is liquidated, it could sell a license to build the 870 (and other well known models) and contrary to what some posters say, other companies can't otherwise legally build them
(despite some posters claims that patents come into copying other companies designs - the don't).

Remington was not the only one hit either, marlin under the same parent company went to garbage, I can spend barely more than a marlin to buy a henry, and for even more one of the henry golden boy rifles, which the golden boy has a lifetime warranty and it the go to standard for lever actions, they are the best quality. In the marlin vs henry case it is henry selling a bmw 7 series at bmw prices, while marlin is like trying to sell a kia rio at bmw 5 series prices, their quality no longer justifies the price.

Remington was not the only one hit either, marlin under the same parent company went to garbage, I can spend barely more than a marlin to buy a henry, and for even more one of the henry golden boy rifles, which the golden boy has a lifetime warranty and it the go to standard for lever actions, they are the best quality. In the marlin vs henry case it is henry selling a bmw 7 series at bmw prices, while marlin is like trying to sell a kia rio at bmw 5 series prices, their quality no longer justifies the price.

A few years ago there were several debates over which was the better shotgun, the Remington 870 or Mossberg 500

No-one mentioned quality but even then it looked like the Mossberg was the better deal.

I think maybe other gun makers will circle like vultures looking to pick the pieces if Remington does go under.

A few years ago there were several debates over which was the better shotgun, the Remington 870 or Mossberg 500

No-one mentioned quality but even then it looked like the Mossberg was the better deal.

I think maybe other gun makers will circle like vultures looking to pick the pieces if Remington does go under.

Mossberg beat remington on quality, if it had been 30 years ago the 870 would have won on quality.

Mossberg beat remington on quality, if it had been 30 years ago the 870 would have won on quality.

I wonder about the Wingmaster models of 870s and 1100s. Looking at Remington's catalog a while back, those seemed to be Remington trying to return to their earlier quality, as opposed to the many variations of Xpress or whatever they were calling the rest of the line.

And why do you feel the need to stock up? Notice the second amendment states a well regulated. Think about that.

Stock up? What exactly are you talking about. Where did I say I was stocking up. I am currently not even stationed in the US so I couldn’t even stock up if I wanted to.

But thanks for trying. Keep working on your reading and eventually you will get there.

From Fox Business

7/28/20

"...Remington has been searching for potential buyers and was in talks to sell itself out of bankruptcy to the Navajo Nation before negotiations collapsed in recent weeks, leaving the company without a lead bidder, or stalking horse, in place.
The manufacturer's firearms and ammunition businesses could be sold off separately, according to a person familiar with the matter...
"

Remington Arms declares bankruptcy despite surging gun demand | Fox Business

Back
Top Bottom