• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Remember When These Were Considered to be Unacceptable Excuses?[W:76]

Re: Remember When These Were Considered to be Unacceptable Excuses?

Moderator's Warning:
Lets stop the personal commentary folks. Stick to the topic and ONLY the topic. Talking about others is a sure fire way to get thread banned and/or infracted.

The more I think about it the the angrier I get. I have been blasted to the ends of the earth for taking on that whore. I have been making the point the bitch abandoned her own sex to defend sex fiend hubby by attacking Lewinski. She is a danger to womanhood, a wolf's in sheep's clothing who will set back equality at least a ****ing decade.

I want to record it here that I detest Hillary Clinton, right down to her shoes. And to be accused of being a supporter of hers twice in one day proves why America always gets ****ed by their politicians. You don't even know who your friends are.
Post unfortunately deleted.

Did I even mention Hillary?

What the ****, are you that forgetful that you missed the part I have been ragging the bitch for 5 years. You cannot find one post where I have even said anything good about her. What utter stupidity

But in your partisan eruption stupidly assumed because I think Trump is a dangerous dolt, that Hillary has to be my pick.

I live in Canada. You know, the place Americans like to make fun of? And I'm laughing.

You deserve the government you get. Seriously

Greetings, F & L. :2wave:

If America is going backwards to the "anything goes" mentality of the Woodstock era, then we might get the government that some seem to want badly enough to encourage mob rule.

"Liberty means refusing to allow some to use the State to compel other men to serve their interests or opinion." >Auberon Herbert

Trump gets more votes with every left wing calumny against him and his supporters. This is probably not what you mean by "justly rewarded"

Actually, he is getting fewer voters supporting him but you can stay in the bubble with Karl Rove and continue to believe what you believe.

You have chosen to NOT HEAR what I said, but rather jump off on a tangent.

We have a simple choice before U.S.: Trump or Hillary.

If you bash Trump, and ignore worse from Hillary, then you de facto support Hillary.

That's the reality of Retail-Politics!

Trump was my 4th level choice. I myself have frequently bashed Trump.

As things turned out, I have to choose between Hillary and Trump.

The Lesser of Evils is clear in that choice.

But, the outcome of the Presidential Election contest is not paramount and all consuming!

My principle point: It does not ultimately matter who gains the Presidency in 2016.

What matters is removing the Far-Lefties from positions of power at every other level of political office!

-

The mere fact that you believe there are "Far-Lefties" in any position of political power in this nation says a great deal about your level of ignorance in regards to the rest of the world's developed nations.

The mere fact that you believe there are "Far-Lefties" in any position of political power in this nation says a great deal about your level of ignorance in regards to the rest of the world's developed nations.

I dunno. Seems to have been a lot of 'Fundamental Transformation' going on lately. Allot of which isn't being welcomed by a great many people.

Indeed. No need to go further to understand the support Sanders and Clinton get.

Uh huh. Don't forget Trump, of course.m

I thought Bernie/Hilary supporters didn't think Trump had any personality.

I wouldn't know, seeing as I'm not a Bernie/Hilary supporters.

Trump has a personality---he's just a total asshole.

Remember the comments he made about McCain?

I know very well what a personal opinion is. In addition to that, other people also think he's a scumbag.

Which is obvious.

I am beginning to think that Trump is not so much the bulbous hairy middle finger to the ruling class, but more to the likes of you and your friends.

I am beginning to think that Trump is not so much the bulbous hairy middle finger to the ruling class, but more to the likes of you and your friends.

He's a total scumbag. His comments about McCain made that abundantly clear.

He's a total scumbag. His comments about McCain made that abundantly clear.

Like I said maybe Trump is a reaction to the likes of you and your friends. It don't really matter what he says, scumbag or not, his supporters, support him regardless. The fact they pick and stick with him tells me they don't like you very much, or the ruling class for that matter. They want to burn the establishment down.

Like I said maybe Trump is a reaction to the likes of you and your friends. It don't really matter what he says, scumbag or not, his supporters, support him regardless. The fact they pick and stick with him tells me they don't like you very much, or the ruling class for that matter. They want to burn the establishment down.

That's true. They certainly don't like anybody whose not exactly like them, that's for certain, judging by the number of cringe-worthy, idiotic, just flat out wrong things Trump has been able to get away with saying.

It's a cult of personality, but it's a little bit more then that. It's (by no means all, but they make up the majority of Trump's base) Caucasian middle class individuals realizing that (a) not only are they getting old, but (b) the world is changing, and at a increasingly rapid pace. That's where this whole "Make America Great Again' gets its appeal.

Ignoring the fact that the slogan implies America stopped being great at some point, which I disagree with strongly, it's an attempt to roll back the clock. Trump's supporters stick with him, partially because he's saying what they actually believe but it's not polite to say outside your own home anymore, and partially because they think of him as a constant. Despite the fact he's flopped around on various issues more then the entire NBA they get an image fixed in their heads and they cling to it.

Turkey's a good example of what happens when these people get their candidate into power.

I wouldn't know, seeing as I'm not a Bernie/Hilary supporters.

Trump has a personality---he's just a total asshole.

Remember the comments he made about McCain?

I remember comments he has made about many people. Some have been cringe worthy. I think one thing Trump has going for him is the exposure of the media and his distractors as the lying sacks of crap they are. People are seeing proof of how the media works, and how the likes of Clinton and her machine works, and they see the gross misrepresentations and outright lies they spread without any concern of being called out for it.

The era of PC is thankfully drawing to an end, and the people, via Trump are proving that to be the case.

I remember comments he has made about many people. Some have been cringe worthy. I think one thing Trump has going for him is the exposure of the media and his distractors as the lying sacks of crap they are. People are seeing proof of how the media works, and how the likes of Clinton and her machine works, and they see the gross misrepresentations and outright lies they spread without any concern of being called out for it.

The era of PC is thankfully drawing to an end, and the people, via Trump are proving that to be the case.

Too much PC is a bad thing, which is clear to but all but the most dense. Still, insulting somebody for being a POW when you got, what was it.....three? Four? Maybe five? Deferments and didn't have to risk your own hide is absolutely horrendous.

Trump is doing so well because it's hard to look worse then people like Hilary.

Too much PC is a bad thing, which is clear to but all but the most dense. Still, insulting somebody for being a POW when you got, what was it.....three? Four? Maybe five? Deferments and didn't have to risk your own hide is absolutely horrendous.

Trump is doing so well because it's hard to look worse then people like Hilary.

You do have a point about Hillary.

I think Trump gets a pass because he is reflecting the disgust people have for allowing themselves to be pushed around by tiny little groups of vocal people. It's as if they have a voice willing to take the heat for what they are already feeling.

Under this PC offensive, a tiny sliver of the population has managed to chain up the majority, and threaten it's livelihood. Who gave them such power and authority? Nobody. But with a compliant media operated by sympathetic people, they have managed to drag a blanket over the nation. Trump is pulling that blanket off, and they like it.

You do have a point about Hillary.

I think Trump gets a pass because he is reflecting the disgust people have for allowing themselves to be pushed around by tiny little groups of vocal people. It's as if they have a voice willing to take the heat for what they are already feeling.

Under this PC offensive, a tiny sliver of the population has managed to chain up the majority, and threaten it's livelihood. Who gave them such power and authority? Nobody. But with a compliant media operated by sympathetic people, they have managed to drag a blanket over the nation. Trump is pulling that blanket off, and they like it.

Of course, the whole PC thing started with the best of intentions. Don't use ethnic slurs; don't make fun of people based on mental conditions or sexual orientation; etc.

And then people got carried away.

Of course, the whole PC thing started with the best of intentions. Don't use ethnic slurs; don't make fun of people based on mental conditions or sexual orientation; etc.

And then people got carried away.

I don't think PC can be associated with anything that could be considered "good intentions".

As to were it started, I think it could be traced to the broadcast of the original "Roots" mini-series in 1977. That is where the identifier "African-American" was introduced into the language. It eventually became taboo to refer to anyone as Black after that. To do so was proof someone was a racist, bigot, even though "African-American" could be a completely wrong association.

From there, PC was recognized as a social change tool that people could be threatened with in order to gain compliance. It's encouraging to see people stand up to such a vile concept.

I don't think PC can be associated with anything that could be considered "good intentions".

As to were it started, I think it could be traced to the broadcast of the original "Roots" mini-series in 1977. That is where the identifier "African-American" was introduced into the language. It eventually became taboo to refer to anyone as Black after that. To do so was proof someone was a racist, bigot, even though "African-American" could be a completely wrong association.

From there, PC was recognized as a social change tool that people could be threatened with in order to gain compliance. It's encouraging to see people stand up to such a vile concept.

All I can do sometimes when I read your comments about those you see as 'other', whether of non-European ethnicity or progressive political views, is to laugh. You proclaim your beliefs with such authority when all the while they are little more than hot air balloons with a little dog whistle attached.

If it is "taboo to refer to anyone as Black", why then do we have a movement today calling itself "Black Lives Matter"? Results taken from the most recent census show that Americans of African origin are almost equally divided on preferences as to being named African-American or Black.

All I can do sometimes when I read your comments about those you see as 'other', whether of non-European ethnicity or progressive political views, is to laugh. You proclaim your beliefs with such authority when all the while they are little more than hot air balloons with a little dog whistle attached.

If it is "taboo to refer to anyone as Black", why then do we have a movement today calling itself "Black Lives Matter"? Results taken from the most recent census show that Americans of African origin are almost equally divided on preferences as to being named African-American or Black.

Thank you for your opinion. Like you, upon reading your posts, I find myself involuntarily laughing. They are so absurd and illogical, laughter seems the only appropriate response.

I write from a position of authority on things I have invested the time and energy to have authority on. I don't write from a position of authority on issues I have not made similar investments in time and energy. I'm not responsible for the degree of ignorance people choose to maintain on any given subject. If they disagree with the facts, they should present well supported facts to counter what has been presented.

Personal opinions are fine, but certainly no counter to documented facts.

I don't know how old you are, which may come into play in terms of the use of "Black" as a ethnic identifier. African American was used for the first time in the US Census in 2000, reflecting the social "regulation" that had developed over the use of Black as a ethnic identifier.

Back
Top Bottom