• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Religion Simplified

Well, let's review what you did that you're now denying. From Post # 336 (link below):

Look folks - Gordy wants EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE for Jesus and/or the Gospel accounts.

1. He can't define the scientific criteria used in gaining empirical evidence on a 2,000 year old individual.

2. When challenged, Gordy could not cite a single individual from antiquity that ANYONE (scientist or history scholar, etc.) has ever obtained empirical evidence on.

3. Gordy cannot provide empirical evidence himself for anyone from antiquity.

4. Gordy is demanding something from Christians that even secularists cannot come up with.

5. Gordy doesn't require that same empirical evidence from other individuals in ancient history (i.e. 1. Hippocrates 2. Attila the Hun 3. Archimedes of Syracuse 4. Confucius 5. Hannibal etc.) in his history books. Thus, Gordy needs to burn his college history books and demand history professors, etc., do the same.

6. Gordy has a double standard.

7. Gordy thus has zero credibility demanding empirical evidence for anyone from antiquity. It's an absolute farce.

Post #336 in Debate Politics - https://debatepolitics.com/threads/...-historical-event-ever.478343/post-1075788294
I see you have nothing but logical fallacies with your repeated dishonest attempts to shift the burden of proof. The only thing you've proven here is your own dishonesty and lack of credibility

James 1:27​

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Ah, so this is true religion:

I see you have nothing but logical fallacies with your repeated dishonest attempts to shift the burden of proof. The only thing you've proven here is your own dishonesty and lack of credibility

Your Baghdad Bob spiels aren't working for you.

Sounds more like being on drugs.
Let me ask you a question -

When you were in high school and presumably in college, and your history professor began teaching about Julius Caesar, Hippocrates, Attila the Hun, and Archimedes of Syracuse, etc., did you stammer out "I will not believe anything about them until you show me the empirical evidence they existed"?

Let me ask you a question -

When you were in high school and presumably in college, and your history professor began teaching about Julius Caesar, Hippocrates, Attila the Hun, and Archimedes of Syracuse, etc., did you stammer out "I will not believe anything about them until you show me the empirical evidence they existed"?
No. Alienating a teacher is not a good way to get a passing grade. But then, they didn't make extraordinary claims either. You, on the other hand...

No. Alienating a teacher is not a good way to get a passing grade. But then, they didn't make extraordinary claims either. You, on the other hand...

Uh huh.

How about now. Do you require empirical evidence for Julius Caesar, Hippocrates, Attila the Hun, and Archimedes of Syracuse, etc., before you will believe they existed?

Uh huh.

How about now. Do you require empirical evidence for Julius Caesar, Hippocrates, Attila the Hun, and Archimedes of Syracuse, etc., before you will believe they existed?
Do you have empirical evidence for Jesus, or that he was actually resurrected?

Do you have empirical evidence for Jesus, or that he was actually resurrected?

How about listing the specific scientific criteria for establishing both so I'll know what you require?

Uh huh.

Yes. Empirical evidence is required to know if someone existed. And empirical evidence cannot be produced that any human being could possibly be resurrected.

How about listing the specific scientific criteria for establishing both so I'll know what you require?
Objective evidence to support or confirm the claims made as truth while conforming to the scientific method.

Straw man argument.

When was the last time a religious person said they could fly?
That's your pathetic response to that? Holy pathetic
We still do when anti-religion bigots get out of our hair.

Oh, I see just another unoriginal right winger who posts nothing but moronic one liners to troll. THat explains the stupidity

He sat there for 12 hours in front of his followers, but did not fly. A few months later he was sent back to the insane asylum

Can a certified lunatic actually be called a Christian ?

Has Logicman ever provided his personal understanding and/or definition of "Empirical Evidence"?

Here's what I found on the internets:

What is Empirical Evidence?

Empirical evidence is the information obtained through observation and documentation of certain behavior and patterns or through an experiment. Empirical evidence is a quintessential part of the scientific method of research that is applicable in many disciplines.

How can a person living today acquire "Empirical Evidence" for any person living before they were born? The demand for empirical evidence for the existence of any historical character would seem to indicate a serious failure of education for the individual demanding such evidence. We can learn about historical persons due to physical evidence such as monuments created during the person's life time, or coins minted during the appropriate years. Manuscripts written during the person's lifetime may also be of use but only if the texts we have today can be dated to the right period. The longer the span from the supposed time of the original to the oldest copy we have at this time, the more likely it is that there has been editing and mistakes made while copying the original, or copies of the copies of copies of copies . . .

Back
Top Bottom