• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ranting so I don't pay a psychologist. Covid related.

I know how vaccines work.

Really? Because judging by all of your responses you don't.

Now I will not address the rest of your post because it is the same emotional twaddle used to demand people comply with whatever current moral imperatives are being justified by moral panics.

Lets stop calling it "natural immunity". No one is born immune to covid. Lets call it what it is: GETTING INFECTED.

EVERYONE "gets infected."

"Natural Immunity" is a term used to identify the innate immune system functioning as it should to identify a biological threat and then create antibodies to combat it.

If that system did not exist (as in the case of Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Syndrome "bubble boy syndrome") then we'd simply die when exposed to an infectious disease, vaccine or not.

How do you know that?
I really need to explain this to you?
Seriously?
Let’s start off where you and I started off with the mask issue.
Do you agree that the vaccines were highly effective in preventing not only serious disease but also infection with the earlier variants?
I can show you the data-or better still YOU look it up.

I really need to explain this to you?
Seriously?
Let’s start off where you and I started off with the mask issue.
Do you agree that the vaccines were highly effective in preventing not only serious disease but also infection with the earlier variants?
I can show you the data-or better still YOU look it up.
OK, be that way and don't explain it.
Happy Easter!

Anybody who still thinks masks and vaccines are ineffective are stupid.

Anybody who protested against masks or vaccines should be dealt with harshly.

Then what are you demanding?

Stay home and stay safe. Don't eat at restaurants, workout at gyms, go to the movies, or shop at the mall.

Every grocery store has curbside delivery right to the trunk of your car.

Take a walk around your neighborhood, ride a bike, wave at your neighbors from afar, talk on the phone, stream Netflix..

You have all the freedom you need without mandating other people cower to your fears.

Yes.

???
I am not afraid . YOU are afraid of fulfilling your social responsibilities.
I am careful.
There’s a difference.
I am calling bs on your clay hat you object to drug companies making money from insulin, epipens, cancer drugs etc. it’s bs because when you need these life saving drugs you won’t hesitate to demand them. If you want to avoid being hypocritical you would refuse the drugs because of the money drug companies make.
So your denial is bs.

Not even Vladimir Putin came up with this idea. What would the logistics of this be? How are you going to maintain control in society while applying your master plan? Military? Police? or you will start a civillian brigade to check on people? We live in a western democracy.

If thinking you have the full picture is not arrogance, I don't know what is.

I am glad I did not meet people like you as I am very allergic to emotional based thinking. If someone would talk to me with this superiority and lack of facts before -> I don't know if I would have taken the vaccine. Good thing I met a qualified doctor that explained how exactly this helps and why i need it.

Salute again those that are vaccinated but do not wear it like a badge.
Then you are not a covidiot and you are excused

What should we do with them?
We are past the point where vaccines should be mandated imo, and I have written that here many times. We SHOULD have mandated them at the beginning once they were readily available and the variants were more responsive to them.
It should have been “get vaccinated or get a hefty fine”, as happened with smallpox.

OK, be that way and don't explain it.
Happy Easter!
Can’t answer the question. I know. It’s a hard question because the corollary to the correct answer conflicts with your narrative.

Where did this rule come out we must all obey what someone else deems an obligation? It's not a legal obligation btw but a rare time when leftist make a 'moral' obligation mandatory
It'sonly been a mainstay of vaccination programmes since they began. Some people would rather get TB, Measles, or Smallpox .and die, just to spite their neighbour.

Really? Because judging by all of your responses you don't.

Now I will not address the rest of your post because it is the same emotional twaddle used to demand people comply with whatever current moral imperatives are being justified by moral panics.

EVERYONE "gets infected."

"Natural Immunity" is a term used to identify the innate immune system functioning as it should to identify a biological threat and then create antibodies to combat it.

If that system did not exist (as in the case of Severe Combined Immunodeficiency Syndrome "bubble boy syndrome") then we'd simply die when exposed to an infectious disease, vaccine or not.
I won’t address you confusion about my understanding of how vaccines work other than to say it “my area” .
No one has “natural immunity “ to covid.
It’s get infected or get vaccinated.
There’s no other way.

Let me clarfiy this ---> i am specifically addressing your point for all to be vaccinated through a mandate or stay at home forced. Not the vaccines, as I know the value of them. I am still typing here and not sick somewhere else because of them.

Let us hope people like you never get into a position of power. This kind of mind can create a lot of damage in our democracy. As we are seeing the dangers of outside authoritarinism in men like Putin, Xi in China, it looks the same type of mentality is present in the west amongst some of the population.

However, the price of democracy is accepting also views like yours which are so weak presented that is giving me a headache more than the actual Covid I am battling now. Let me know the logistics of how are you going to maintain control in society while applying your requirement for ALL to be vaccinated? Military? Police? or you will start a civillian brigade to check on people?
Did you read about how this country eliminated smallpox?
You should.
It’s a great template for how we should have dealt with covid.

Then you are not a covidiot and you are excused
Let me clarfiy this ---> I am specifically addressing your point for all to be vaccinated through a mandate or stay at home forced. Not the vaccines, as I know the value of them. I am still typing here and not sick somewhere else because of them.

Let us hope people like you never get into a position of power. This kind of mind can create a lot of damage in our democracy. As we are seeing the dangers of outside authoritarinism in men like Putin, Xi in China, it looks the same type of mentality is present in the west amongst some of the population.

However, the price of democracy is accepting also views like yours which are so weak presented that is giving me a headache more than the actual Covid I am battling now. Let me know the logistics of how are you going to maintain control in society while applying your requirement for ALL to be vaccinated? Military? Police? or you will start a civillian brigade to check on people?

1. Correct, I analyzed, spoke with professionals, other issues, did not jump in to get that AstraZeneca vaccine which caused a lot of issues for people and that was my decision.

2. I think you are confusing me with the radical vaccination crowd that makes stuff up. Yes, of course vaccines do not cure Covid-19 nor do they prevent becoming infected. I have 2 Moderna 1 Pfizer and I feel like i am in a Russian gulag being tortured. But if I did not have them, right now I won't be sitting on this forum.

3. From my view ---> I summed it up to human nature. Some of us want to be radical enforcers, the others radical rebels ("In their pursuit of rights some individuals forget their responsabilities").

4. Thank you for the wishes.

Hope you heal with no long COVID maladies.

I think “imagine if I didn’t take it” is a pretty good response. I hope you get better soon. Be well.

I think “imagine if I didn’t take it” is a pretty good response. I hope you get better soon. Be well.
Yah, the shocking part was the instict.

Not to emphatize or ask me questions was his response: "I told you taking that vaccine will not help".

So the most important part for him was to prove to me that he was right politically.

Politics over family. 2022.

Let me clarfiy this ---> I am specifically addressing your point for all to be vaccinated through a mandate or stay at home forced. Not the vaccines, as I know the value of them. I am still typing here and not sick somewhere else because of them.

It’s happened before where the government has required vaccines. The SCOTUS determined that a smallpox vaccine mandate was legal and fines could be imposed on the non-compliant.
Even today your kid can’t go to school without certain vaccines unless they have a legitimate reason not to get vaccinated. This is nothing new. Where I worked an annual flu shot and TB test was required as a condition of continued employment. Government and businesses have required vaccines in the past, and while it’s too late now to do it, it should have been done as soon as the vaccines were readily available

In 1905:

Maybe start the discussion this way next time so you can give incentive to people to consider what you have to say.

I attached the article if anyone that practices law would like to comment. I avoided lawyers all my life both personal and business.

I am quite familiar with how we successfully dealt with smallpox.
We should have done the same with covid. Many lives would have been saved.

Did you read about how this country eliminated smallpox?
In 1905:

Maybe start the discussion this way next time so you can give incentive to people to consider what you have to say.

I attached the article if anyone that practices law would like to comment. I avoided lawyers all my life both personal and business.

I am not afraid . YOU are afraid of fulfilling your social responsibilities.
Assigning position.

I am careful.
There’s a difference.
I am calling bs on your clay hat you object to drug companies making money from insulin, epipens, cancer drugs etc.
I don't object to anyone making money, including you.

I object to the ridiculous prices our healthcare providers require.

it’s bs because when you need these life saving drugs you won’t hesitate to demand them.
LOL.

If you want to avoid being hypocritical you would refuse the drugs because of the money drug companies make.
So your denial is bs.

Red Herring + Strawman argument.

Assigning position.

I don't object to anyone making money, including you.

I object to the ridiculous prices our healthcare providers require.

LOL.

Red Herring + Strawman argument.
Oh
So it’s not them making money that you object to. That’s what I asked you. I agree that the entire medical system in this country is broken, from the drug companies to the insurance providers to the doctors who provide services. That said, R&D is expensive. In order to make available new drugs like paxlovid an investment is necessary.
But it’s still broken.

Oh
So it’s not them making money that you object to.
We all need to make money, no? DO you work for free?

That’s what I asked you. I agree that the entire medical system in this country is broken, from the drug companies to the insurance providers to the doctors who provide services.
Insurance doesn't address costs, they simply deny. ACA didn't fix this either.

That said, R&D is expensive. In order to make available new drugs like paxlovid an investment is necessary.
That's EXACTLY what the lobbyists say!

But it’s still broken.
They don't say that.

Back
Top Bottom