• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ranting so I don't pay a psychologist. Covid related.

Why assume without the vaccine you would have felt worse? I find it more concerning they will kill Title 42 because of reduced covid risk but the keep the mask travel mandate in place until at least 3-May.
Ask the ICU nurses caring for the non vaccinated folks. Ask them how many of their current ICU patients were vaccinated.
The rare ones that were vaccinated have chronic diseases that adversely affect their immune system.

The vaccine does not prevent acquiring the virus. It helps prevent severe Covid disease.
It prevents hospitals being overwhelmed with patients they are unable to properly care for.

Thank goodness so many people took the vaccine. It gave us time for healthcare systems nationwide to recover.

We all need to make money, no? DO you work for free?

Insurance doesn't address costs, they simply deny. ACA didn't fix this either.

That's EXACTLY what the lobbyists say!

They don't say that.
Lobbyists say that. It’s true no matter who says it.
Like it or not we live in a capitalist society. People can charge whatever they want for their products and if it’s more than what people will pay the company goes out of business.
This model falls down when the product is life saving. Like I said, our healthcare system is broken. No other country in the world spends what we spend on healthcare per capita. And yet our results are mediocre.
I don’t know the answer on how to fix it in a way that encourages R&D of new drugs, provides good healthcare for all at an affordable price. The Canadian system might be one alternative to utilize here, with some tweaks.

Got COVID in January, about 2 months after having gotten the booster. Symptoms were the equivalent of mild flu.

Don't want to think of what it might have been like had I not been vaccinated.

Got COVID in January, about 2 months after having gotten the booster. Symptoms were the equivalent of mild flu.

Don't want to think of what it might have been like had I not been vaccinated.
Maybe that is why the effects are stronger for me. Mine is nowhere near a mild flu. My booster was way earlier.

Be part of the solution not part of the problem.

Yes, there will always be deplorables but the good people will never bow to them.
Your problem is that you cannot coherently separate your TDS from the Covid issue. It's clouding your judgement. You are primarily judging people by which politician they support or supported. I am a Trump supporter. I attended two of his rallies in 2016 and voted voted for him in 2016 and 2020. I am also fully vaccinated and double boosted. I also fully support everyone's right to get vaccinated or not get vaccinated. Any mature adult looks at vaccines in the same way.

Your problem is that you cannot coherently separate your TDS from the Covid issue. It's clouding your judgement. You are primarily judging people by which politician they support or supported. I am a Trump supporter. I attended two of his rallies in 2016 and voted voted for him in 2016 and 2020. I am also fully vaccinated and double boosted. I also fully support everyone's right to get vaccinated or not get vaccinated. Any mature adult looks at vaccines in the same way.

No, a mature educated adult understands morals, ethics and societal responsibilities.

Getting the vaccine is not absolution for all sins.

You don’t speak for “every mature adult”.
You only speak for yourself.
I supported vaccines for everyone eligible and it would have saved many lives if that had been enforced.
The reason this country has one of the worst records for deaths and cases per capita in the world is because covidiots think it should be a matter of choice.
Every mature adult would agree.

@Ethel2, I didn't read the whole thread, but I'm sure you're doing a good job against the obvious trolling.

The bigger problem with Covid-19 (and future potential diseases) is that it could've been prevented and no one seriously invested in doing so.

I supported vaccines for everyone eligible and it would have saved many lives if that had been enforced.
I support vaccines, however only authoritarian morons support forcing vaccines on everyone.

I support vaccines, however only authoritarian morons support forcing vaccines on everyone.
Only covidiot morons think it’s actually a choice.

Just live. That's the goal.

@Ethel2, I didn't read the whole thread, but I'm sure you're doing a good job against the obvious trolling.

The bigger problem with Covid-19 (and future potential diseases) is that it could've been prevented and no one seriously invested in doing so.
I don’t really think it could have been prevented. Dangerous pathogens have appeared throughout history. However the devastation could have been minimized.

Only covidiot morons think it’s actually a choice.
Actually the real covidiots are libruls seeking to force an experimental vaccine on one and all.

You tend go give clues to what you mean but never the full explanation.

Please explain your point. How would @Antiwar prevent this?

Realism.

I don’t really think it could have been prevented. Dangerous pathogens have appeared throughout history. However the devastation could have been minimized.
Starting in New York where that idiot Governor Cuomo forced Covid infected seniors back into ill prepared nursing homes.

It'd wouldn't have been difficult to prevent it from becoming a pandemic.

Starting in New York where that idiot Governor Cuomo forced Covid infected seniors back into ill prepared nursing homes.
Where should stable covid patients who are ready for discharge from an acute care hospital been transferred to?

Actually the real covidiots are libruls seeking to force an experimental vaccine on one and all.
When people living in a fantasy world refer to a vaccine that has been administered hundreds of millions of times as “experimental “ then there are no intersecting point for debate with normal people.

Is this website safe to navigate?

I just noticed that, too. I've visited that website at least a dozen times. I'll try to find another website, one of my old posts, or write a summary.

Here's part of that article:

1650223279047.png

Where should stable covid patients who are ready for discharge from an acute care hospital been transferred to?
You can stop playing dumb. Obviously they were not stable Covid patients as most of them died. There were better choices to send them to. One was field hospitals the Trump administration set up and another was a gigantic hospital ship that ended up only being half used. The point is that you do not send patients with a dangerous and contagious virus back to nursing homes to infect other vulnerable seniors. You keep them isolated and under medical care.

When people living in a fantasy world refer to a vaccine that has been administered hundreds of millions of times as “experimental “ then there are no intersecting point for debate with normal people.
I thank God and former President Trump for the vaccine. I have now had both shots and have been boosted twice. However it's not fully FDA approved. It is approved for emergency use. Same with the home test kits we received in the mail. It is absolutely experimental. If it were 100%, vaccinated individuals would not be getting Covid. I am happy to have taken the vaccine and I do have faith in it, however only idiots want to go full authoritarian and demand that everyone take them. If you truly had faith in the vaccine, you would not be so anal about everyone else's vaccine status.

Back
Top Bottom