• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

RANKING: Countries Where the Media is Most Free.

Our average life expectancy is 79 years, and yours is 80. Huge ****ing difference there, eh?

Count in millions kid, and it adds up, unlike the arguments for rich-live, poor-die = 'freedom'. Freedom my American elbow!

We have more cancer. Without the NHS we'd be like you poor sad sick sods, or worse. Are you rich enough to stay alive as long as we do, groveller?

Take out the the difference in automobile accidents and gun violence, and we would be neck and neck in life expectancy DESPITE having a fatter country. Because you know, I thought we were comparing healthcare and not which country has more drunk drivers and street gangs.

Lemme guess. You're a brainwashed fan of Ezra and the agenda-driven Sun Media gang.

Actually, Ezra's a boring toad, and I never watch Sun TV, but I love the Toronto Sun Newspaper, read it every day, and while it's conservative in nature it does provide lots of differing voices, unlike that rag, the Star, that isn't fit for toilet paper.

Actually, Ezra's a boring toad, and I never watch Sun TV, but I love the Toronto Sun Newspaper, read it every day, and while it's conservative in nature it does provide lots of differing voices, unlike that rag, the Star, that isn't fit for toilet paper.

I used to read the Ottawa Sun but apart from the sodokus, I have completely given up on it. It's not even worthy enough to be used as a liner in a kitty litter box.

The best Canadian newspaper by far is the Globe and Mail.

I used to read the Ottawa Sun but apart from the sodokus, I have completely given up on it. It's not even worthy enough to be used as a liner in a kitty litter box.

The best Canadian newspaper by far is the Globe and Mail.

The Ottawa Sun isn't the Toronto Sun, but I appreciate your comments. The Toronto Sun has by far the best sports coverage of any newspaper and it does have pretty good city news coverage and I like the format - easy to read with my morning McDonald's coffee without needing half the place to spread out. More papers should be tabloid format, in my view.

Wow, I thought this thread would be interesting except it ended up being a discussion of healthcare? and how each other's sources are biased. As long as they aren't biased because of the government, that seems to me that they demonstrate freedom.

One point on heathcare: I have friend over there that point to the fact that so many illegal immigrants are a drain on NHS which is causing the issues with NHS, not the system itself. Who knew an island could have illegal immigration?

The Ottawa Sun isn't the Toronto Sun, but I appreciate your comments. The Toronto Sun has by far the best sports coverage of any newspaper and it does have pretty good city news coverage and I like the format - easy to read with my morning McDonald's coffee without needing half the place to spread out. More papers should be tabloid format, in my view.

I agree about the tabloid format and the sports. The Sun does have decent Sens coverage here in Ottawa.

Back
Top Bottom