• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racists?

The words 'racist & racism' are flung about so speciously and ubiquitously that they have lost all meaning to me. If everyone that is white are automatically racists, it sounds more like a genetic trait than a changeable condition.

Now prejudice and bigotry are words of individual acts and not permanent labels. This seems more appropriate and fair, rather than making sweeping judgments based on self-righteousness. A lot of what's called racism is political correctness, cultural favoritism, class warfare, and corporate/gov elitism.

I wish those terms would just get 'canceled.' Alas, this will never happen in a society eat up with egoism and entitlement. We simply have to step on heads to climb that ladder of glory.

But if you agree with me, then you cannot possibly be __________, alright, a bad person.

Vox-- "When I first took the implicit association test a few years ago, I was happy with my results: The test found that I had no automatic preference against white or black people. According to this test, I was a person free of racism, even at the subconscious level.

I took the IAT again a few days later. This time, I wasn’t so happy with my results: It turns out I had a slight automatic preference for white people. According to this, I was a little racist at the subconscious level — against black people.

Then I took the test again later on. This time, my results genuinely surprised me: It found once again that I had a slight automatic preference — only now it was in favor of black people. I was racist, but against white people, according to the test.

At this point, I was at a loss as to what this test was telling me. Should I consider the average of my three results, essentially showing I had no bias at all? Or should I have used the latest result? Was this test even worth taking seriously, or was it bullshit? I felt like I had gotten no real answers about my bias from this test. (I recently retook the test a few times — and, again, it was all over the place.)"

Absolutely.
The words have lost all meaning.
Soon this will go the same way as the previous Internet social media fad: the Me Too "movement". And it really cant happen soon enough, IMO.

The words 'racist & racism' are flung about so speciously and ubiquitously that they have lost all meaning to me. If everyone that is white are automatically racists, it sounds more like a genetic trait than a changeable condition.

Now prejudice and bigotry are words of individual acts and not permanent labels. This seems more appropriate and fair, rather than making sweeping judgments based on self-righteousness. A lot of what's called racism is political correctness, cultural favoritism, class warfare, and corporate/gov elitism.

I wish those terms would just get 'canceled.' Alas, this will never happen in a society eat up with egoism and entitlement. We simply have to step on heads to climb that ladder of glory.

But if you agree with me, then you cannot possibly be __________, alright, a bad person.

Vox-- "When I first took the implicit association test a few years ago, I was happy with my results: The test found that I had no automatic preference against white or black people. According to this test, I was a person free of racism, even at the subconscious level.

I took the IAT again a few days later. This time, I wasn’t so happy with my results: It turns out I had a slight automatic preference for white people. According to this, I was a little racist at the subconscious level — against black people.

Then I took the test again later on. This time, my results genuinely surprised me: It found once again that I had a slight automatic preference — only now it was in favor of black people. I was racist, but against white people, according to the test.

At this point, I was at a loss as to what this test was telling me. Should I consider the average of my three results, essentially showing I had no bias at all? Or should I have used the latest result? Was this test even worth taking seriously, or was it bullshit? I felt like I had gotten no real answers about my bias from this test. (I recently retook the test a few times — and, again, it was all over the place.)"
We're all racist to some degree. It's human nature. Best is to just admit it and try not to act on those racist instincts. Most of us start by not uttering the N-word when referring to black people. Once a person masters that, the rest is easy.

Two things. First, racist and racism don't have to refer to individuals. It's very easy for a white person to say 'I'm not a racist' because they rightly believe that they would never wear a hood or call someone a racial epithet. At the same time it is difficult for white people to admit they live in a society that has built in advantages for them. If you are white, and your forebears owned real estate in America before 1965, you have benefited from a racist power structure. Send your kids to public schools? You are benefiting from a racist power structure that funds those schools.

It's not enough for people to say...I'm not a racist. It's time for Americans to show that they are anti-racist.

LMAO.

"Anti-racist"= racist against whites

You want White people to display their White Guilt.
Well, some poor confused souls will do that of course. They just dont know any better.
But I believe that most of us dont really give a crap what color a person is.
Of course, burning down cities every time a cop has a run in with a criminal may be changing some peoples perspectives I imagine.
I have a feeling in a few years time, most people will be wishing they hadn't been so "woke". Looking for a "do over" on that whole thing.

The term "racist" means a whole lot to those trying to promote the narrative about how hateful and oppressive a place America is. It has been used so much in that context, however, that it no longer means anything to all the people that have been deemed "racist".

We're all racist to some degree. It's human nature. Best is to just admit it and try not to act on those racist instincts. Most of us start by not uttering the N-word when referring to black people. Once a person masters that, the rest is easy.

>>Most of us start by not uttering the N-word when referring to black people. Once a person masters that, the rest is easy.<<

Do you think that blacks will "master that" soon?
It only becomes a cardinal sin if it's a White person that does it LOL.

#2...incorrect
2.) its not incorrect at all

maybe you lost your place in the numbers

here was the statement
" At the core of critical race theory is the idea that all white people participate in and benefit from a system that oppresses minorities. "

so I again repeat by definition its factually not, this does not make every white person a racist by any stretch of the imagination.

That idiot on talk radio shrieks about critical race theory every time I put on his show. Now suddenly, conservatives care about critical race theory.

None of them seems to know what it is, but they're furious about it.

Many of the old conservative whites sometimes take a break from continually talking about race in order to say how they hate liberals talking about race so much.

I agree. We are all mixed race.

See how much they looooooooove to talk about it? :ROFLMAO:

>>Most of us start by not uttering the N-word...
It only becomes a cardinal sin if it's a White person that does it LOL.
I'll let you figure out why...I'm not too hopeful though.

"White man traumatized by people acknowledging that racism exists."

Do you want to see some racists? Look up the posting history of multiple conservatives in this very thread who gleefully post about pretty much every incident of black people being brutalized or killed by police officers. Look at them actually laughing in their posts discussing men like George Floyd and Daunte Wright being killed. Then come back and tell me how much you are hurt because people are unfairly labeled and words have lost all meaning.

I'll let you figure out why...I'm not too hopeful though.

The ultimate in white entitlement: "Why can't I call a black person the n-word? They do it. It doesn't seem fair."

Some people never think about the position they're arguing in favor of.

"White man traumatized by people acknowledging that racism exists."

Do you want to see some racists? Look up the posting history of multiple conservatives in this very thread who gleefully post about pretty much every incident of black people being brutalized or killed by police officers. Look at them actually laughing in their posts discussing men like George Floyd and Daunte Wright being killed. Then come back and tell me how much you are hurt because people are unfairly labeled and words have lost all meaning.

They lap it up like cream. It checks every box for them.

The ultimate in white entitlement: "Why can't I call a black person the n-word? They do it. It doesn't seem fair."

Some people never think about the position they're arguing in favor of.

The position that you argue in favor of: blacks should be able to do things that White people cannot do.
LOL. The very definition of "racism".
Youre awesome. You are helping to save those poor oppressed people because you know they aren't capable of doing for themselves. A real White Knight.
-chuckle-

Carry on, they cant get themselves straightened out without your help!! :ROFLMAO: :LOL: 😂

1.) ive never heard anybody say it besides internet loons to be honest

Robin Diangelo has been the loudest.

Robin DiAngelo is racist. In fact, all whites are racist. Yes, that even includes you, progressive and liberal whites. It is difficult to hear this because you think racists are bad people and you consider yourself a good person. But, it is precisely the difficulty you have hearing and recognizing the ways in which you perpetuate white supremacy that exposes your white fragility according to Diangelo.
The Universality of White Racism | Common Reader (wustl.edu)[/QUOTE]

The position that you argue in favor of: blacks should be able to do things that White people cannot do.
LOL. The very definition of "racism".
Youre awesome. You are helping to save those poor oppressed people because you know they aren't capable of doing for themselves. A real White Knight.
-chuckle-

Carry on, they cant get themselves straightened out without your help!! :ROFLMAO: :LOL: 😂

You unintentionally argue my side of the argument better than I do.

Good for Robin, LOL like I said I've never heard anybody say it besides internet loons. Now you posted a person I dont know and I think she too, is still a loon for saying such a silly claim.

Robin DiAngelo is racist. In fact, all whites are racist. Yes, that even includes you, progressive and liberal whites. It is difficult to hear this because you think racists are bad people and you consider yourself a good person. But, it is precisely the difficulty you have hearing and recognizing the ways in which you perpetuate white supremacy that exposes your white fragility according to Diangelo.
The Universality of White Racism | Common Reader (wustl.edu)

Why do you think that anything you have to say is difficult to hear?

The vast majority of liberals disagree with Robin DiAngelo, if she is indeed arguing what you claim.

. . . Was that it? Was that your fastball?

You unintentionally argue my side of the argument better than I do.

How long do you think it will take for you to shriek about White people before it makes black people stop having 3/4 of their offspring with no father present?
I think its going to take a long long time. But I wish you well.
(y)

How long do you think it will take for you to shriek about White people before it makes black people stop having 3/4 of their offspring with no father present?
I think its going to take a long long time. But I wish you well.
(y)

The shrieking you hear is your own voice.

Your posts represent the opinions of millions of American conservatives.

Post more.

Yours Truly,

Liberals happy that some conservatives have stopped talking in code.

The shrieking you hear is your own voice.

Your posts represent the opinions of millions of American conservatives.

Post more.

Yours Truly,

Liberals happy that some conservatives have stopped talking in code.

Ummm, I'm not a "conservative". Just a guy with a functioning brain that respects the laws and the Police.
Try to toss aside your partisan programming for 2 seconds. It would do you good maybe.

If you are white, and your forebears owned real estate in America before 1965, you have benefited from a racist power structure.

What if you are black "and your forebears owned real estate in America before 1965,"? did you also benefit or does that only apply to whites.

Ummm, I'm not a "conservative". Just a guy with a functioning brain that respects the laws and the Police.
Try to toss aside your partisan programming for 2 seconds. It would do you good maybe.

Yes, you are.

The Democratic party is obsessed with race, and believes that one particular race is the cause of all our problems.

For some reason, that sounds familiar.
Disturbingly all too familiar. What's also disturbing that those who state such, lack the self awareness of the reality of how racist they actually are, baselessly accusing everyone else of that which they are themselves guilty of (a widespread affliction of the liberals / progressives / Democrats).

A fine example.

The long standing history of western medicine has been that the patient in the most serious condition be given priority. This in the effort to save the most people, to do the most ‘good’, to do the least harm. Here we find 2 physicians who are so ‘woke’, so ‘White Privilege’ indoctrinated, that appear to believe that treating the serious condition first, saving the most people, doing the most ‘good’, doing the least harm, should be deprioritized below racially driven dispensing of medical care, calling it ‘medical restitution’.

Last edited:
I'm not stating there are restrictions, I'm asking if you believe the interstate highways system was built and benefits a white power system and is therefore racist? Is it 2+2=4 or is it 2+2=5? The probing questions are a gauge. If you don't want to answer or don't know what I'm talking about that's ok, just say so. I'm not going to attack you for it.
I answered your ridiculous question. There were no racial restrictions placed on using the interstate hiway system. I'll bet you pink slips the crews building it were disproportionately white workers working for white owned companies though.

Back
Top Bottom