• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Racists?

Everybody who espouses critical race theory. There's a fair number of them. Some posters on this board follow the CRT line very rigorously.

I have never seen a poster on this board say that all white people are racist. Please link to some posts so I can see who you're talking about.

How on earth does Al Sharpton enter into this?

I guess you have no idea who he is. I'll help you out. He's a man who is always on the forefront when a black person has run ins with the law, or is shot by a white policeman. Some call him a race baiter. If he doesn't say it, nobody does.

I guess you have no idea who he is. I'll help you out. He's a man who is always on the forefront when a black person has run ins with the law, or is shot by a white policeman. Some call him a race baiter. If he doesn't say it, nobody does.

I know who Al Sharpton is.

If you don't know about critical race theory and its influence, it's easy to find out about it. If you choose not to, that's fine too.

I know who Al Sharpton is.

If you don't know about critical race theory and its influence, it's easy to find out about it. If you choose not to, that's fine too.

I'm asking you to back up your claim that people on here and otherwise say that all white people are racist. You have yet to do that.

I'm asking you to back up your claim that people on here and otherwise say that all white people are racist. You have yet to do that.

I did not claim that people on here have said that all white people are racists. I said that some posters on here conform to critical race theory. (And the clear conclusion of CRT is that all white people are racists.)

You can find it on this thread if you look. Identify the poster who's saying that racism isn't about individuals and their attitudes, it's about a system. Find the poster who agrees with my example of CRT ideology: "all white people participate in and benefit from a system that oppresses minorities". And bear in mind that participation in that "system" is the CRT definition of racism. [EDIT: "bear" is a hint.]

The two most popular CRT writers (D'Angelo and Kendri) have been mentioned and quoted in this thread.

If you don't know about this thinking and the popularity it's gained I suggest you look into it. A compelling (but not unbiased) revelation of it is found in Brett Weinstein's three videos about what happened to him and his wife at Evergreen University.

Or, if you insist on thinking I'm making this all up, that's fine.

I did not claim that people on here have said that all white people are racists. I said that some posters on here conform to critical race theory. (And the clear conclusion of CRT is that all white people are racists.)

You can find it on this thread if you look. Identify the poster who's saying that racism isn't about individuals and their attitudes, it's about a system. Find the poster who agrees with my example of CRT ideology: "all white people participate in and benefit from a system that oppresses minorities". And bear in mind that participation in that "system" is the CRT definition of racism. [EDIT: "bear" is a hint.]

The two most popular CRT writers (D'Angelo and Kendri) have been mentioned and quoted in this thread.

If you don't know about this thinking and the popularity it's gained I suggest you look into it. A compelling (but not unbiased) revelation of it is found in Brett Weinstein's three videos about what happened to him and his wife at Evergreen University.

Or, if you insist on thinking I'm making this all up, that's fine.

Your claim is lots of people say it. Your evidence is non-existent.

I agree it's not true, but lots of people say it.

At the core of critical race theory is the idea that all white people participate in and benefit from a system that oppresses minorities. Another of CRT's ideas is that racial bigotry and prejudice are not racism, but the only true racism is the institutionalized version of racism that permeates society, for the benefit of all whites and to the detriment of all non-whites. That's how all whites can be racists, regardless of any personal prejudice or lack thereof.

I personally think this is a lot of nonsense that could do great harm to our society without helping minorities at all. But these ideas have a fair bit of traction these days.

Your claim is lots of people say it. Your evidence is non-existent.

As I said, everyone who takes critical race theory seriously says it. And that's a lot of people.

There's a link in this thread to a review of one of D'Angelo's books. (A generally favorable review, by the way.) The link's in post #40. In its conclusion, it states, "if you're white, you're racist". Have a look. Or look around at some other sources.

Or, you can keep saying that no one thinks or believes that. That's fine with me, I'm not going to make it my mission to convince you. But you're mistaken.

As I said, everyone who takes critical race theory seriously says it. And that's a lot of people.

There's a link in this thread to a review of one of D'Angelo's books. (A generally favorable review, by the way.) The link's in post #40. In its conclusion, it states, "if you're white, you're racist". Have a look. Or look around at some other sources.

Or, you can keep saying that no one thinks or believes that. That's fine with me, I'm not going to make it my mission to convince you. But you're mistaken.

No. You said that lots of people say all white people are racist. Your own words which I quoted for you. You lied, and you know it. And i called it out.

No. You said that lots of people say all white people are racist. Your own words which I quoted for you. You lied, and you know it. And i called it out.

"No" to what, exactly?

It's true that lots of people say it. Lots of people subscribe to CRT, and a tenet of CRT is that all white people are racists.

Those are the facts.

Have you looked at the link I pointed out for you? Have you Googled "critical race theory", Kendi, or Robin Diangelo?

"No" to what, exactly?

It's true that lots of people say it. Lots of people subscribe to CRT, and a tenet of CRT is that all white people are racists.

Those are the facts.

Have you looked at the link I pointed out for you? Have you Googled "critical race theory", Kendi, or Robin Diangelo?

You lied and said lots of people say that all white people are racists. You lied, and you know it. Nobody has ever said that.

No, this is factually NOT true.
Lots of people take theory classes and philosophy classes and they are smart enough to understand reality vs those things is not the same and that its just a theory/philosophy.

are there some people that probably do think all white people are racist? im sure but its not some big new movement spreading like wildfire lol
just like theres some that falsely claim that black people cant be racist, that too is a philosophy and also factually wrong.

You lied and said lots of people say that all white people are racists. You lied, and you know it. Nobody has ever said that.

Have you looked at the link? Have you looked into critical race theory?

You could look into the facts, or you could continue to insult me based on your lack of knowledge. If you continue with the latter, I can't be bothered. Peace!

You could look into the facts, or you could continue to insult me based on your lack of knowledge. If you continue with the latter, I can't be bothered. Peace!

I looked at your post. Did you provide a link to the names of these many people who say all white people are racist? No you didn't.

Well, we could get into an argument about the definition of "lots" and the definition of "takes seriously".

The fact remains that CRT is a significant intellectual movement that is influencing thinking about race even outside of academia. If you check it out, you might be surprised.

The statement I made, I stand by.

EDIT: This refers to Agent J's post #86. I must have fumbled the quote function.

Leftsists weaponized the word 'racist' for political gain, just as they have every word followed by 'phobe'. Since the 60, every leftist political campaign has been run with the same strategy. The Republican candidate is

Racist
Sexist
Homophobic
Anti-Immigrant
Hates Senior Citizens
Stole all your pennies and pushed your face in the mud

Regardless of the candidate. The only thing more ridiculous than their strategy is the fact that so many pathetic empty-headed morons on the left fall for it and actually believe it and regurgitate it.

I looked at your post. Did you provide a link to the names of these many people who say all white people are racist? No you didn't.

In my post #82, I wrote:

Clearly you aren't reading my posts. I'll be happy to discuss further if you have anything to reply with other than accusations of lying. Otherwise, have a nice day.

In my post #82, I wrote:

Clearly you aren't reading my posts. I'll be happy to discuss further if you have anything to reply with other than accusations of lying. Otherwise, have a nice day.

You said lots of people say it, and you have yet to show me the names of the people who say it. A book review isn't "lots of people".

You are not posting FACTS though, you have said things factually not true 🤷‍♂️

1.) Well, we could get into an argument about the definition of "lots" and the definition of "takes seriously".
2.)The fact remains that CRT is a significant intellectual movement that is influencing thinking about race even outside of academia. If you check it out, you might be surprised.
3.)The statement I made, I stand by.

EDIT: This refers to Agent J's post #86. I must have fumbled the quote function.

1.) hey YOU made the claim, not our fault you can't support it
2.) NOT a fact, those are your subjective FEELINGS, you seemed to be very confused over the word fact?
I already know what it is
3.) you are free to stand by it all you like but its still factually wrong, standing by it after that's been shown only shows a lack of honesty and integrity in your posts 🤷‍♂️

You are not posting FACTS though, you have said things factually not true 🤷‍♂️

You're mistaken.

CRT is a worldview held by many people. Far from a majority, to be sure, but far, far more than a handful. It's become influential, and has been incorporated into training programs in the military and some large corporations. And CRT holds, by their definitions, that white people are by definition racist.

oh i don't necessarily think they are disproportionate, but they are represented. I am just saying they would be the answer to your question possibly. in places there are a lot of them. I doubt they gain much benefit just from being white.
That would not be the answer to my question. You can't compare racial inequity by looking at a group with only one race in it.

1.) hey YOU made the claim, not our fault you can't support it
2.) NOT a fact, those are your subjective FEELINGS, you seemed to be very confused over the word fact?
I already know what it is
3.) you are free to stand by it all you like but its still factually wrong, standing by it after that's been shown only shows a lack of honesty and integrity in your posts 🤷‍♂️

You haven't "shown" anything.

I've cited authors who have been mentioned in this thread, a link that was posted on this thread, and other sources. That's far more than you've done.

If you're not aware of CRT, what it teaches, and the influence it's had, you should be.

You're mistaken.

CRT is a worldview held by many people. Far from a majority, to be sure, but far, far more than a handful. It's become influential, and has been incorporated into training programs in the military and some large corporations. And CRT holds, by their definitions, that white people are by definition racist.
Which, by logical transference, makes CRT racist.

As I understand it, there have been more than a couple of lawsuits against universities over precisely that, though it's even worse in that scenario to be an academically high performing student of asian ethnic background.
Yes, the 'affirmative action is racist against white people' theory. Hasn't really worked out so well.

I'd check West Virginia if I were you.
98% White. Its a real Caucasian Utopia, everyone thriving with lots of "privilege". Their engineering feats would amaze you, the number of cinderblocks they can get under a house. Or a car in the yard.
😂 :LOL:
You don't get it. If you want to use WV as an example that is fine. But the comparison would be between white and BIPOC in WV, not whites in WV compared to whites in other states.

Back
Top Bottom