• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Proud moments with your kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Urethra Franklin said:
Justine dear heart, there is a serious point to my tomfoolery.

Indoctrination of children.

How old did he say that child was?

Jealous, why no. I discovered condoms before I discovered Barbie dolls and had my tubes snipped to the sound of champagne corks popping, but if I did have children, I would not be teaching them to sing the internationale or instilling any of my personal political/patriotic/ideological/philosophical views into them at kindergarden age. I know many parents who hold back and take the "Mum and dad believe this, however there are many sides to every viewpoint etc....."approach: I believe they've got it right. And if they're in a civilized country, the child studies philosophy/sociology/political science in high school and wow - you produce an adult with analytical skills able to think and make up their own mind. Frankly Justine, I find the idea of a toddler being definitively taught that the USA stands for liberty (or France, or Cuba or Australia) rather creepy, not to mention brainwashy. Let us not forget these are the kinds of people that would indoctrinate their little girls into having aspirations that go no further than baking cookies. Oh and of course, stand by your man.

So as we say in France Justine, méfiez-vous (beware of these people:2wave: )

Maybe it's a good thing you're not a parent. It also shows your complete lack of parental instinct.
Thankfully, I AM a parent, I DO know my child and I DO understand other parents when they talk about their children. It's a completely different type of language. You can't possibly understand.
You can take your patronizing tone and move it to the next room as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure the other parents/parental figures would probably agree.

vauge said:
LOL, you are a trip Urethra - I believe in opinions and choice. It would be rather strange and hipocritical for me to create an online forum where I cherish opinions and choices then not let my own children have them.

As for indoctrination, we are all subject to it - for without them we would not have morals.
I have rules in my house and they will be kept. I will listen to all opinions, but in the end - I am the parent. Not the other way around.

You have not upset me in the slightest. lol. But, it would make more sense to create another thread and debate the subject of parental indoctrination rather than spit on a "feel good" thread in the off-topic area.

Here, Here vauge!!!

I applaud you as a parent and as a person. You're sencible ways shine through every time.

Urethra can't possibly understand, she's chosen to make herself baren, to deny herself the most gratifying job on the planet and because of it she feels the need to trample over those who have chosen otherwise. That's really pitiful on her part.

I agree with you wholeheartedly though about the "rules" and "I'm the parent..."
Being the bio-parent of an only child there are definitely those moments of power-struggle in our home. Every so often my/our son does try to assume his place as a nearing adult male by attempting to give me a tone of authority. Which I quickly and lovingly remind him of his place in the family...as the child.
No matter how old he gets, he will always be my child. He could be 34 yrs old, but as long as he lives under my roof, eats my food, and enjoys the benefits of being my child, it will be demanded of him to respect my partner and me as the parents.

Don't get me wrong, we're far from cold and unloving around here! LOL
Our lives as parents, do indeed revolve around the needs of our child. But that doesn't mean he gets to boss us around.

There's a family system theory called the Bowen Theory: http://www.thebowencenter.org/pages/theory.html

That helps describe how families organize and relate within an interdependent system. It's broken down in to digestible parts and is worth a read if you get the time. Or you may already be familiar with it.
Just thought I'd throw it out there.

JustineCredible said:
You can't possibly understand. .

Followed immediately by....

JustineCredible said:
You can take your patronizing tone and move it to the next room as far as I'm concerned.

mmmmm
Do I detect a double standard here?
Justine, unlike many who post here, you are somebody I actually respect, but really, this one is rather off kilter.

JustineCredible said:
Urethra can't possibly understand, she's chosen to make herself baren, to deny herself the most gratifying job on the planet and because of it she feels the need to trample over those who have chosen otherwise. That's really pitiful on her part.

Justine I am really shocked to see language like this coming from you. "Barren" is a rather outdated term with derogatory connotations and is frankly rather insulting to the many infertile women who would desperately like to be mothers (I applaud their choice and appreciate their desires - it's not for me however). "Most gratifying job on the planet" is a very subjective opinion. Don't forget your family values friends would throw in cooking for your husband and standing by your man, and judge you in EXACTLY the same way. Each to their own in my book. Be very careful who you take sides with. When have I ever criticized anybody's choice to be a parent? Read again.

Urethra Franklin said:
Followed immediately by....

mmmmm
Do I detect a double standard here?
Justine, unlike many who post here, you are somebody I actually respect, but really, this one is rather off kilter.

Urethra, no there's no double standard. You can't understand and it's that lack of insight which you use to demean those of us who are parents. I don't mean to demean you for not being a parent, but please, I ask out of respect for a fellow poster, if you would not take a patronizing tone to those of us who are parents.
If you cannot, I ask respectfully that you take yourself to another thread where you would feel more comfortable. There is simply no call for your tone towards those of us who actually are attempting to raise our future generations.

Urethra Franklin said:
Justine I am really shocked to see language like this coming from you. "Barren" is a rather outdated term with derogatory connotations and is frankly rather insulting to the many infertile women who would desperately like to be mothers (I applaud their choice and appreciate their desires - it's not for me however). "Most gratifying job on the planet" is a very subjective opinion. Don't forget your family values friends would throw in cooking for your husband and standing by your man, and judge you in EXACTLY the same way. Each to their own in my book. Be very careful who you take sides with. When have I ever criticized anybody's choice to be a parent? Read again.

Extactly what problem is it that you have with my taking what is thought to be outdated terminology and applying it to today's issues?
Is this a hint of remorce for your choice?
If so, I'm sorry for you. If not then your tone of superiority is highly unwarrented.
To Me being a parent is the most gratifying job I've ever had the priveledge of having. If you can't understand that, it's not my fault. I will not apologize to you or anyone else who does not share my feelings.
I don't expect everyone or anyone else to acknowledge or share these feelings.
Once again you have chosen to utilize a tone of patronization or maybe even scolding, toward me. I am not affected by it, but I'm also not blind to it. Remember, I am a parent and I can see through your charade.
Now scoot off, be a good little girl and let the adults chat. These are not subjects you would understand. {psst...you're not the only one who can affect a tone of patronization...}:nahnah:

JustineCredible said:
Is this a hint of remorce for your choice?

Haven't you heard of sterilization reversal? An option I have never, and still don't consider. Justine, I always thought you were somebody who accepted that different things suit different people, yet you seem to assume nobody is complete without being a parent?

Re-read the posts Justine. My gripe was with what I saw as instilling nationalism in a toddler - not with people becoming parents. I have never condemned anybody for that.

Urethra Franklin said:
Haven't you heard of sterilization reversal? An option I have never, and still don't consider. Justine, I always thought you were somebody who accepted that different things suit different people, yet you seem to assume nobody is complete without being a parent?

Nope, I never made that inference. If that's how you took it, that's not my problem.
I am accepting of others' choices, but don't sit there on your high horse and condemn me for my choices.
When you do that, you open yourself up to criticism. If you can't handle the criticism, don't comment.

JustineCredible said:
Nope, I never made that inference. If that's how you took it, that's not my problem.
I am accepting of others' choices, but don't sit there on your high horse and condemn me for my choices.
When you do that, you open yourself up to criticism. If you can't handle the criticism, don't comment.

You're still missing the point Justine. You didn't re-read my posts. Your choice to be a mother was never criticized. Instilling nationalsm in toddlers was.

JustineCredible said:

Hey whoa, hey. Let's not rag on the people who don't want kids. We're not all that bad. :cool:

Urethra Franklin said:
You're still missing the point Justine. You didn't re-read my posts. Your choice to be a mother was never criticized. Instilling nationalsm in toddlers was.

Instilling nationalism? His kid identified a national monument. That's a giant step away from waving the nazi flag. Lay off.

Kelzie said:
Instilling nationalism? His kid identified a national monument. That's a giant step away from waving the nazi flag. Lay off.

It's the subtle language we use that brainwashes.
I'm not pinpointing vaugue as an individual. I'm highlighting a difference between a society in which the parent would automatically equate liberty with any given country (in this case the US) and the parent that would expose their child to all ideologies with a "mom and dad believe this but there are other points of view" approach. There are many examples of this: for example hardened atheist Marxists who allow their teenage foster child to be baptized at the teenager's wish (Hervé Vilard "L'Âme Seule" for a factual account of this very phenomenon). My sarcastic way of doing so may have been OTT, but vaugue knows me and has stated he wasn't offended by the banter. Justine's tirades against the childless are not, uncharacteristically for her, a counter-argument. She has gone off-kilter on this one.

Urethra Franklin said:
It's the subtle language we use that brainwashes.
I'm not pinpointing vaugue as an individual. I'm highlighting a difference between a society in which the parent would automatically equate liberty with any given country (in this case the US) and the parent that would expose their child to all ideologies with a "mom and dad believe this but there are other points of view" approach. There are many examples of this: for example hardened atheist Marxists who allow their teenage foster child to be baptized at the teenager's wish (Hervé Vilard "L'Âme Seule" for a factual account of this very phenomenon). My sarcastic way of doing so may have been OTT, but vaugue knows me and has stated he wasn't offended by the banter. Justine's tirades against the childless are not, uncharacteristically for her, a counter-argument. She has gone off-kilter on this one.

What?!? It's called the Statue of Liberty! What the hell else was the kid supposed to call it? The Statue? It's not like vauge told his kid that the only place that has liberty was the US and the statue represented that. It's the name of the statue.

Kelzie said:
What?!? It's called the Statue of Liberty! What the hell else was the kid supposed to call it? The Statue? It's not like vauge told his kid that the only place that has liberty was the US and the statue represented that. It's the name of the statue.

Had he actually called it the Statue of Liberty I might be somewhere near agreeing with you. He called it Lady Liberty, which is positive in its description. What's more, if the same level of pride were instilled in the child recognizing another country's monuments (The Kremlin? The Elysée? The Little Mermaid of Copenhagen? The Taj Mahal? The Great Wall?) I might give leeway, but I doubt that would be the case.

Cant you take your stupid debate to a thread thats actually debating? The title of this thread is "Proud moments with your kids". If you don't have any kids, why make some stupid comment derailing this sweet thread?

@_girL........ said:
Cant you take your stupid debate to a thread thats actually debating? The title of this thread is "Proud moments with your kids". If you don't have any kids, why make some stupid comment derailing this sweet thread?

Because it gives her the ability to poo poo anything American. And to try and show others how shiny her wannabe elitist armor is. It's tough to understand pride when you have so few examples. SO the Euro wannabe elitist get a little snippy when something "American" shall we say gives cause no matter how small to smile and say wow or thanks.

Calm2Chaos said:
SO the Euro wannabe elitist get a little snippy when something "American" shall we say gives cause no matter how small to smile and say wow or thanks.

WOW, you've proved my point that many United Statesians can't hack any kind of debate or criticism of their country. Gee THANKS. The term intellectual insecurity springs to mind.

:lol: (and yes, I'm smiling)

Urethra Franklin said:
WOW, you've proved my point that many United Statesians can't hack any kind of debate or criticism of their country. Gee THANKS. The term intellectual insecurity springs to mind.

:lol: (and yes, I'm smiling)

Lets start with this...I do not know wtf a United Statesians is. They do not live in this country, pass through it, fly over it or tunnel underneath it. If you are referring to me I am an American. IF you can't bring yourself to say that then you can refer to me as an American, calm, sir or just not reply at all. But I don't know what the hell a United Statesian is.

As for hacking a debate... You seem unwilling to realize the point, this thread was not for debate. You just saw an opportunity to try (failingly) to act superior and point out what you see as another of many numerous flaws with America and or Americans. Nobody was looking for your input on what you saw wrong with a simple statement of pride. The title of the thread did not in anyway issue a challenge and the first post did not ask for your self righteous opinion or wannabe elitist dribble. IT was a fathers thoughts of pride concerning a child. Yet you decided to try and piss on it. Your ideas of pride and nationalism are for one outdated and two, don't pertain to this country. Unlike Europe this nation would never become so apathetic as to allow the rise of a Hitler or a Nazi like Union. Make all the silly comparisons you want, but thats the stone cold hard truth. I Am proud of my country and my flag for those that have fought and died for it and for it's meaning. I am proud of what my country and it's flag represent on a grand scale. I am aware of the problems and the mistakes, I just prefer to not let them define us, but to hopefully make us a little smarter in the future.

As for criticism..... see above except to say that your criticism holds little weight. It's the same euro crap we hear daily from a group of apathetic nations that tend not to move until it's just a little to late. Agree with us or not. When the time comes to actually stand up, you may be there arm in arm with the US. But you will more then likely have to be dragged.

By the way take a guess what you can do with your term?...LOL

Calm2Chaos said:
Lets start with this...I do not know wtf a United Statesians is. They do not live in this country, pass through it, fly over it or tunnel underneath it. If you are referring to me I am an American. IF you can't bring yourself to say that then you can refer to me as an American, calm, sir or just not reply at all. But I don't know what the hell a United Statesian is.

As for hacking a debate... You seem unwilling to realize the point, this thread was not for debate. You just saw an opportunity to try (failingly) to act superior and point out what you see as another of many numerous flaws with America and or Americans. Nobody was looking for your input on what you saw wrong with a simple statement of pride. The title of the thread did not in anyway issue a challenge and the first post did not ask for your self righteous opinion or wannabe elitist dribble. IT was a fathers thoughts of pride concerning a child. Yet you decided to try and piss on it. Your ideas of pride and nationalism are for one outdated and two, don't pertain to this country. Unlike Europe this nation would never become so apathetic as to allow the rise of a Hitler or a Nazi like Union. Make all the silly comparisons you want, but thats the stone cold hard truth. I Am proud of my country and my flag for those that have fought and died for it and for it's meaning. I am proud of what my country and it's flag represent on a grand scale. I am aware of the problems and the mistakes, I just prefer to not let them define us, but to hopefully make us a little smarter in the future.

As for criticism..... see above except to say that your criticism holds little weight. It's the same euro crap we hear daily from a group of apathetic nations that tend not to move until it's just a little to late. Agree with us or not. When the time comes to actually stand up, you may be there arm in arm with the US. But you will more then likely have to be dragged.

I have to agree with Calm. Well said, sir. ;)

Calm2Chaos said:

You are indeed American dear heart, but so too are my wonderful friends from Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Canada and Belize. Dearest, ask them how they feel about United Statesians using the term as though it pertains to them ONLY. Why it certainly does not, which is why it is so important to make the distiction. Perhaps you object because it reminds you of your name, or rather lack of one: that term "United States of America" which in fact rather reveals the fact that your nation doesn't really have a "name" at all, rather it is a collection of states of a continent. I'm sure the native Americans have names in their own languages for the territory, and I'm rather suprised you didn't as a nation adopt one of these. Think about it, the United States of America rather suggests that all the states of that great continent are united, and indeed they're not.

Calm2Chaos said:
As for hacking a debate... You seem unwilling to realize the point, this thread was not for debate. You just saw an opportunity to try (failingly) to act superior and point out what you see as another of many numerous flaws with America and or Americans. Nobody was looking for your input on what you saw wrong with a simple statement of pride. The title of the thread did not in anyway issue a challenge and the first post did not ask for your self righteous opinion or wannabe elitist dribble..

Take a chill pill. If you can't hack criticism of your nation, why on earth come on a forum named "Debate Politics"

Here:

http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/

You can't hack debate so I imagine you'd be more at home on forums like the one above.

Calm2Chaos said:
IT was a fathers thoughts of pride concerning a child. Yet you decided to try and piss on it...

I offered vaugue an apology if he was offended, and vaugue has stated he's not. Quit fighting other's battle's uninvited. I made a serious point in a sarcastic fashion. Nothing unusual about that HERE. If vaugue was upset I'd withdraw it instantly, but he's said he's not, so get over it. Try debating instead of just whining because you disagree with me. That's not very adult.

Calm2Chaos said:
Unlike Europe this nation

You compare one nation to an entire continent. Rather like comparing apples with oranges.

Calm2Chaos said:
would never become so apathetic as to allow the rise of a Hitler or a Nazi like Union.

You had already ethnically cleansed, suppressed and taken over one of the lands of the native Americans. Then made yourselves rich on the backs of slaves. While Josephine Baker was being admired in Paris she was still virtually sub-human in her own country. We can both play that game, but it is in fact rather silly to do so.
Calm2Chaos said:
Make all the silly comparisons you want

Like you've just done?

Calm2Chaos said:
I Am proud of my country and my flag for those that have fought and died for it and for it's meaning.

Good for you. I applaud your right to be so. Were I United Statesian, I wouldn't see much to be proud of. Being able to a take global view, and not having your rose coloured glasses nor your blind nationalism, I am both proud AND ashamed of different things about the countries I am linked to by heritage, grew up in and now the one I live in. As for their flags - meaningless symbolism: your attatchment to which demonstrates just how shallow is your definition of pride.

Calm2Chaos said:
I am aware of the problems and the mistakes.

That's better. There's hope for you yet.

Calm2Chaos said:
When the time comes to actually stand up, you may be there arm in arm with the US. .

Hopefully not.

Calm2Chaos said:

Stooping to cheap insults? Because apart from the fact that your nationalistic pride's been challenged you don't really have a counterargument? One expects such low standards from the likes of teacher, but really sweetpea, I'm very disappointed in you.

Last edited:
Urethra Franklin said:
You are indeed American dear heart, but so too are my wonderful friends from Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Canada and Belize. Dearest, ask them how they feel about United Statesians using the term as though it pertains to them ONLY.

It does refer to us and ONLY us.The fact that your willing to try and argue this I find absurd.

Mexico = Mexican
Bazil = Brazilian
Canada = Canadian
Chile = Chilian ?
Belize = Who the fu k Knows (Belizian)

None however are Americans unless they were born in this country or became legal citizens. The rest of the dribble in this part of the post I am not going to bother to respong to it's silly

Urethra Franklin said:
I'm sure the native Americans have names in their own languages for the territory, and I'm rather suprised you didn't as a nation adopt one of these. Think about it, the United States of America rather suggests that all the states of that great continent are united, and indeed they're not.

That a brilliant Idea. 100's upon 100's of tribes with 1000's of dialects. Exactly which do you choose. No matter what this country is called you would still complain about it..LOL

The name suggests that all the states in this country..America..are united, as they are..Not Mexico, not Canada, Not Belize. I do however have a suggestion for your friends that don't like us using America as our name or part of our name and excluding others..Pi ss Off !!! To bad... thats the way it is and since there isn't anyone out there capable of making us change it I think we will hang onto it for a few more centuries.

Urethra Franklin said:
Take a chill pill. If you can't hack criticism of your nation, why on earth come on a forum named "Debate Politics"

Here:

http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/

You can't hack debate so I imagine you'd be more at home on forums like the one above.

Again maybe your having a problem with the whole debate issue. This was not a debate it was a thread with a statement. Please try and comprehend the difference between the two.

Here is a site that might help you with your comprehension and or lack of.

http://www.englishgrammarconnection.com/

Urethra Franklin said:
I offered vaugue an apology if he was offended, and vaugue has stated he's not. Quit fighting other's battle's uninvited.

First off I am not fighting anything for Vague, I did this for me. I just used Vague as an example
Urethra Franklin said:
I made a serious point in a sarcastic fashion. Nothing unusual about that HERE.

You made a typical elitist point in a thread where it was uncalled for. In an attempt to again show everyone what you think is wrong with the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
Urethra Franklin said:
If vaugue was upset I'd withdraw it instantly, but he's said he's not, so get over it.

Why would you withdraw it? If there your feelings have the balls to stick up for them no matter how many people get upset. By saying you would withdraw it you make me think that you only posted it as a troll.
Urethra Franklin said:
Try debating instead of just whining because you disagree with me. That's not very adult.

I am not debating with you. Not sure exactly where you think this was a debate. Your point was innapropriate and elitist, typical for you. But at no point was I debating anything other then that. And as far as that goes I think I did a ok job for a elitist AMERICAN...LOL Can't say as if I think I have whined either. I have stated my feelings and opinion without a single whimper.

Urethra Franklin said:
You compare one nation to an entire continent. Rather like comparing apples with oranges.

It's easier that way. Keeps me from having to name them all each time.

Urethra Franklin said:
You had already ethnically cleansed, suppressed and taken over one of the lands of the native Americans.

I wouldn't say we "cleansed" them. But we did come and expand into this territory and build a nation. If your concern is native peoples of different countries. Well then I think most nations are screwed. You can go back and time far enough and find original inhabitants and few of them are going to be the same ones occupying the land now. My grandmother (Fullblooded Cherokee Indian) was proud of this nation.
Urethra Franklin said:
Then made yourselves rich on the backs of slaves.

Before 1400: Slavery had existed in Europe from Classical times and did not disappear with the collapse of the Roman Empire. Slaves remained common in Europe throughout the early medieval period. However, slavery of the Classical type became increasingly uncommon in Northern Europe and, by the 11th and 12th centuries, had been effectively abolished in the North. Nevertheless, forms of unfree labour, such as villeinage and serfdom, persisted in the north well into the early modern period. In Southern and Eastern Europe, Classical-style slavery remained a normal part of the society and economy and trade across the Mediterranean and the Atlantic seaboard meant that African slaves began to appear in Italy, Spain, Southern France, and Portugal well before the discovery of the New World in 1492. From about the 8th century onwards, an Arab-run slave trade also flourished, with much of this activity taking place in East Africa, Arabia, and the Indian Ocean. In addition, many African societies themselves had forms of slavery, although these differed considerably, both from each other and from the European and Arabic forms. Although various forms of unfree labour were prevalent in Europe throughout its history, historians refer to 'Chattel Slavery', in which slaves are commodities to be bought and sold, rather than domestic servants or agricultural workers. Chattel Slavery is the characteristic form of slavery in the modern world, and this chronology is concerned primarily with this form.

1441: Start of European slave trading in Africa. The Portuguese captains Antão Gonçalves and Nuno Tristão capture 12 Africans in Cabo Branco (modern Mauritania) and take them to Portugal as slaves.

23 February 1807: British Parliament votes to abolish the trade in slaves

WOW .Well over 400 years of Slavery and slave trading within Europe. My gosh how do you not speak of this as you spit your elitist babble on building nations and countries on the back of slaves
Urethra Franklin said:
While Josephine Baker was being admired in Paris she was still virtually sub-human in her own country. We can both play that game, but it is in fact rather silly to do so.

As I have shown above it's very hypocritical of you to try and do so. We treat David Hasslehoff and Jerry Lewis the same way. Yet he's embraced over there... I don't see a point here

Urethra Franklin said:
Good for you. I applaud your right to be so. Were I United Statesian, I wouldn't see much to be proud of.

If I were from the mythical country of United Statsian I might have a problem finding something also. Yet you have no problem singing the praises of the French.LOL Sorry but that diminishes your credibility. I am pretty sure no one in America much cares if your proud of them.
Urethra Franklin said:
Being able to a take global view, and not having your rose coloured glasses nor your blind nationalism, I am both proud AND ashamed of different things about the countries I am linked to by heritage, grew up in and now the one I live in. As for their flags - meaningless symbolism: your attatchment to which demonstrates just how shallow is your definition of pride.

You attach pride to nothing which makes your words, there meaning, your heart and desire meaningless. That flag and the men and woman of this country that fought for it essentially saved the countries you speak of. And died enmass to secure the one you currently reside. Yet there graves were defaced and said to be contaminating french soil. I have no problem with you wiping your A$$ with the french flag .or an other EU nation flag. You put or hold no significant meaning or pride into your flag, nation or it's meaning. But all nations are not like that. I am not saying that you shoud have pride in the AMERICAN flag. I just don't see your desire in harping on those that do. Seems like there is a little bit of latent envy there to me.

Urethra Franklin said:
That's better. There's hope for you yet.

I don't need a euro elitist wannabe to tell me that my country is not perfect. Everyone knows we have our problems just like any other nation

Urethra Franklin said:
Hopefully not.

It's easier to have someone do the fighting for you... Typical... Comes back to pride... Or lack of

Urethra Franklin said:
Stooping to cheap insults?

I don't see the insult your refering to. I was asking a question is all. And I think you knew the answer
Urethra Franklin said:
Because apart from the fact that your nationalistic pride's been challenged you don't really have a counterargument?

I don't need one. You have brought nothing up of any consiquence whatsoever.
Urethra Franklin said:
One expects such low standards from the likes of teacher, but really sweetpea, I'm very disappointed in you.

Don't be ... Your dissapointment means very little to me. The only way you would ever not be disappointed would be to have someone turn and demean and defame this county continuously. To compare ourselves to the dregs of humanity, and to dismiss everything good we have accomplished through blood, sweat and tears. Trust me there are enough spinless jelly fish on this forum that fit that criteria.

However I did enjoy reading your reply. It went pretty much exactly the way I thought it would

Calm2Chaos said:
Why would you withdraw it? If there your feelings have the balls to stick up for them

Darling, I would suggest you consult your own little English grammar website instead of attacking my grasp of the English language. However, if it's United Statesian in origin, that may explain the poor English you display above. (It should be "If they're your true feelings" the contraction for 'they are' being 'they're' and not 'there' which is a preposition. My, my, and English isn't even this Italo-Slovene's native langauge!)

Dearest, I'm sure you had some very valid points to make in your rant, but I'm afraid it was so long that I fell asleep before the end. Worry not, I'm sure @ girl loved every word, and I'm delighted you were able to get things off your chest. :2wave:

Moderator's Warning:
Closing this thread, completely off topic discussion despite repeated warnings. If you want to have an argument about ethnic superiority, take it to the basement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom