• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Protect the Free World, Stop Iran Now!

LordOfer

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
My name is Ofer and I'm from Israel.

Iran is developing nuclear weapons. I think that the average American does not understand how grave the danger of this is for the entire human race. Iran is an extremely religious country. Their religious leader can wake up one morning and decide that god wants him to nuke some nearby country of "non-believers". They are so religious that they want everybody else to be religious like them.

Suppose after they make one nuclear bomb they'll create more and more (until they have enough to kill billions). Nobody will dare to stop them right? I mean, if you didn't dare to stop them before they made their first bomb, surely you won't dare to now, when they can nuke you to dust, right?

So here we are, at 2015, Iran having 50-100 nuclear bombs. Now Iran decides that some other nearby country has degraded their god, and so they invade that country and start conquering it. On the land they conquer they enforce their extreme religious laws (women having to cover 99% of their body in public and stuff). Who would dare to stop such a country, that now has 100 nuclear bombs? Suppose they just keep conquering more and more countries, and enforcing their religion their. Or maybe they don't actually invade other countries, but simply provide nuclear weapons to Al-Qaeda and other terrorist organizations.

Stopping Iran in such scenario could lead to world wide nuclear holocaust. You can stop them now! You wouldn't even need to send in soldiers. Simply give Iran a strict ultimatum to destroy all their nuclear related facilities by May 1st, 2010. If they don't comply you start bomb their army bases, nuclear related facilities and government buildings until they give up. Even if they would want to attack America back, they don't have missiles in this range yet.

America is the leader of the free world. Act now and save humanity from this grave danger.

Ofer

I've been saying something very similar for years, but everyone tells me "no, no, Iran is no threat, they don't really mean it when they say they want to destory Israel and the USA and don't care if they all die in the process... besides we're tired and we don't want another war."

Fight 'em now while they're still manageable, fight 'em later when they're an 800-lb gorilla. :shrug:

So here we are, at 2015, Iran having 50-100 nuclear bombs. Now Iran decides that some other nearby country has degraded their god, and so they invade that country and start conquering it. On the land they conquer they enforce their extreme religious laws (women having to cover 99% of their body in public and stuff). Who would dare to stop such a country, that now has 100 nuclear bombs? Suppose they just keep conquering more and more countries, and enforcing their religion their. Or maybe they don't actually invade other countries, but simply provide nuclear weapons to Al-Qaeda and other terrorist organizations.

Stopping Iran in such scenario could lead to world wide nuclear holocaust. You can stop them now! You wouldn't even need to send in soldiers. Simply give Iran a strict ultimatum to destroy all their nuclear related facilities by May 1st, 2010. If they don't comply you start bomb their army bases, nuclear related facilities and government buildings until they give up. Even if they would want to attack America back, they don't have missiles in this range yet.

America is the leader of the free world. Act now and save humanity from this grave danger.

Ofer

sorry. you sort of caught us in the middle of an administration that thinks you (being pro democracy, pro human rights, and generally pro-America) are the enemy. you folks are going to have to solve this one on your own, because over here we have chosen idiots to lead us.

sorry. you sort of caught us in the middle of an administration that thinks you (being pro democracy, pro human rights, and generally pro-America) are the enemy. you folks are going to have to solve this one on your own, because over here we have chosen idiots to lead us.

Forget about Israel. Do what's best for USA.

How will you sleep at night, knowing that Al-Qaeda's best friend has nuclear weapons?

Even if Iran won't actually provide their allies with nuclear weapons, they would support (money, weapons, training) the Taliban all over the world, as much as they want, and no one will be able to stop them. What will you do? You won't attack a country with nuclear weapons. Especially if it's a fanatically religious country, lead by men that are probably willing to die for their religious beliefs.

see, that's the problem. these folks think that doing what's best for the USA is mean.

How will you sleep at night, knowing that Al-Qaeda's best friend has nuclear weapons?

me? i won't well. unfortunately these guys are just gee wiz positive that if they can just sit down and talk this out with the Iranians, gosh, they'll see reason and we can all come to mutually agreeable terms and so there is no threat if Iran has nukes. and if you disagree, well, you're probably a racist.

like i said; this sort of happened at a bad time for us.

Iran is developing nuclear weapons. I think that the average American does not understand how grave the danger of this is for the entire human race. Iran is an extremely religious country. Their religious leader can wake up one morning and decide that god wants him to nuke some nearby country of "non-believers". They are so religious that they want everybody else to be religious like them.

Suppose after they make one nuclear bomb they'll create more and more (until they have enough to kill billions). Nobody will dare to stop them right? I mean, if you didn't dare to stop them before they made their first bomb, surely you won't dare to now, when they can nuke you to dust, right?

Ofer

I hear ya bro!

The only Iranian solution.
b-2-spirit-stealth-bomber-dropping-mk-82-bombs31.jpg

Ofer

Why do you want to drag America To Fight Iran for you? why is 'Israel" so special to have Nukes and no one else can? You can actually thank Israel for Iran's ambitions for a nuculear program, they feel threatened because YOU have nukes, the hypocrisy is astounding. And Iran wouldn't want to tango with the world super power like the U.S., you are exagererating the threat BIG time.

HA! what utter crap. yes, Iran would totally not have hegemonic / nihilistic / eschatological psychotic tendencies if Israel didn't have nukes! Iran threatned from Israel? :roll: from what? what is israel going to do, invade?

Israel wants to exist; Iran's government wants Israel not to exist. Simple as that; let's not go around pretending like an existential threat is a proper response to someone else being of a looked-down-upon race.

oh, and your name? is stupid. the only 'theft' going on in 1948 was that of arab freedom, being stolen by arab governments. Egypt and Jordan kept the Palestinians locked up, poor, uneducated, and radicalized, and the world didn't say s--t. now we are living with the result of that deliberate weaponization of an entire people.... by enabling it.

why?

because the west is run today by cowards. morally and physically.

For the people or the government? If the people, then that would start with ending all taxpayer-funded aid to Israel and bringing all troops deployed abroad back home. Somehow I doubt that is what you had in mind, though.

Because Israeli nukes aren't aimed at us.

Good thing Iran does not have nukes and does not according to any actual information have a nuclear weapons program

Any and all ideas about Iran's nuclear weapons program is currently speculation

Will Iran have the potential to build a nuclear weapon in a few years yes, is it actively seeking to build one right now, not according to any factual information no

Because Israeli nukes aren't aimed at us.
An Israeli professor and military historian hinted that Israel could avenge the holocaust by annihilating millions of Germans and other Europeans.

Speaking during an interview which was published in Jerusalem Friday, Professor Martin Van Creveld said Israel had the capability of hitting most European capitals with nuclear weapons.

“We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets of our air force.“

ISRAEL: The “Mad Dog”

Good thing Iran does not have nukes and does not according to any actual information have a nuclear weapons program

:lol: man, only a Euro could honestly say that with a straight face :p

:roll: until they announce that they already have them and then it's no big deal and why are you all upset?

nuclear yes. superpower no. surrounded and heavily outnumbered, yes.

:lol: man, only a Euro could honestly say that with a straight face :p

:roll: until they announce that they already have them and then it's no big deal and why are you all upset?

So where is the factual information that Iran is actively developing nuclear weapons, rather then just speculation

Congratulations. You have found the ravings of an antisemitic conspiracy theorist.
Martin Van Creveld is an antisemitic conspiracy theorist? LOL.

You also don't have to be an antisemitic conspiracy theorist to grow weary of this "chosen people" and "holy land" bull****. God is dead so let's stop dancing with his corpse.

Last edited:
well it looks like you might get what you want from what ive been hearing the U.S. has ships heading toward Iran right now. Personally i haven't seen any evidence to suggest Iran being a threat, the way i see it this is going to be another "Iraq" were we claim there a "threat " then we go in and find out that they weren't a threat at all. Also i am sick of Israel and other countrys hiding behind us and making us fight there battles for them i mean thats why we spend more on our military than any other country in the world and that is not helping our spending problem. It is time for America to stop being the world police and focus on our own problems.

'heading towards them' ? it's called the 5th Fleet, and it's been there since.... the end of WWII?

They have nukes. Nukes trump numbers.

exactly; which is what guarantees israel's survival.

until the Iranians get nukes. nukes don't trump nukes.

which is why allowing iran to get those nukes....

....is a friggin retarded idea.

Will Iran have the potential to build a nuclear weapon in a few years yes, is it actively seeking to build one right now, not according to any factual information no

No, I guess this isn't factual information:

World Leaders to Halt Iran's Nuclear Weapons Program

World leaders always meet based on just speculation. :roll:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom