• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Priest killed after attackers chanted Daesh in France. [W: 75]

Re: Priest killed after attackers chanted Daesh in France.

These horrifying attacks happen on a near-daily basis now in France and Germany.
I understand they have decapitated the priest and critically injured another man inside the church before being shot and killed by French police.
SIAP. Yet, it's my understanding these attacks aren't terror related...... What, does ISIL, itself, have to declare complicity in an attack for the attack to be considered a terrorist attack??

Maybe they left their IS book of approved words at home? :roll:

Seriously you and Pete are focusing on the wrong thing. It doesn't matter if they are actually with IS or that they are trained by them etc. It's the fact they are willing to go to such radical lengths to prove they are committed to IS.

No it doesn't. It shows they are so ignorant about the terror group they are supposedly "committed to" that they use an insulting term for it.

I don't know ho much of this stuff is actually ISIS. There simply seems to be a trend where a few large scale attacks have driven all the crazies to the surface
That's what the president said.
I don't know if they were ISIS member that came to France but it doesn't matter, all they needed to do is respond to the call of ISIS which demand to commit terror attacks in the west.

This is not yet confirmed, but I've read at a few sites that ISIS is taking the credit here.

Hmm this is very strange... no real ISIS supporter would EVER should Daesh, as it is an insult to the group.
More faulty logic. One can easily be a "real" ISIS supporter and not be aware of the purported name use preference.
This is not yet confirmed, but I've read at a few sites that ISIS is taking the credit here.
I guess ISIS does not view the ISIS vs DAESH name usage to be disqualifying in determining who is a "real" supporter.
We shall see... dont trust the media anymore since they keep calling the German gun killer for Ali, when his first name is David..
Perhaps he uses two names? For example, a birth name / legal name of "Ali" and an acculturated name of "David". Such a practice is not unusual.

Last edited:

More faulty logic. One can easily be a "real" ISIS supporter and not be aware of the purported name use preference.

I guess ISIS does not view the ISIS vs DAESH name usage to be disqualifying in determining who is a "real" supporter.

Perhaps he uses two names? For example, a birth name / legal name of "Ali" and an acculturated name of "David". Such a practice is not unusual.
Hasn't anyone considered the 'psychology' of using a derogatory name to reference oneself to prove it doesn't affect oneself?...And limiting that derogatory usage only to the group allegedly being disrespected?

LOL not freaking likely.

It does normally.

From what I understand his given name is David Ali (lastname).

LOL not freaking likely.

It does normally.

What was Muhammad Ali's given name? I realize Muhammad Ali converted to The Nation Of Islam when he changed his name.

Last edited:

No it doesn't. It shows they are so ignorant about the terror group they are supposedly "committed to" that they use an insulting term for it.

The terminology isn't important. They answered the call...

I am surprised at the rabid Islamophobia on display in this thread. It seems some people are so filled with hatred for Islam that they willfully confuse attacker and victim. The real victims in this incident are the men the Catholic Church provoked to the point they finally committed this desperate act of self-defense. The constant stress these poor people are subjected to as Muslims among unfriendly, rejecting white Westerners obviously becomes unbearable for some of them.

Imagine how appalled these Muslims in the West must feel, constantly being exposed to alcohol, pork, nude and indecent images, and the sight of homosexuals parading around openly! Girls may not even wear the hijab in school in France, and the government has formed these special units of killers--the one called RAID, in this case--to hunt Muslims down and kill them. These young men were murdered without ever even having the chance to explain the horrible invalidation they felt--how terrible an owie their inner child had received from having to live as pariahs among hateful, intolerant white people. And in France many of those white people, if not most, are Catholics.

Islam is a religion of peace, tolerant and kindly toward all. Stop the hate NOW.

Last edited:

No it's not. Look to my post #31 and consider the N word....

Did you read what Daesh means?

What was Muhammad Ali's given name? I realize Muhammad Ali converted to The Nation Of Islam when he changed his name.
`
Eh? I am talking about what is stated in official documents.. like drivers licenses and passports.

This source here lists his name as Ali David Somboly. Munich shooting: Teenage killer Ali Sonboly 'inspired by far-right terrorist Anders Breivik' and 'used Facebook offer of free McDonald's food to lure victims'

I don't think the use of the name "Ali" by the German media is part of a conspiracy to further slander Islamic names. Rather, they report his name to be "Ali" because, well that is what his name is.

LOL not freaking likely.
You are forgetting that ISIS followers have a widely different levels of intelligence, language ability, and literacy. The Pulse shooter was known to drink alcohol. ISIS punishes such people. Does that mean he was not a "real" ISIS supporter either?

We have had Neo Nazis here in the USA show up at rallies with "backwards" (from the NAZI perspective) swastika tattoos. The fact that a particular tattooed Nazi is not very bright and is apparently unfamiliar with the differences between Nazi swastikas and say, Buddhist swastikas did not change the fact that he was a "real" supporter of Neo Nazi ideaology.

In contrast to your claim, it is entirely possible to be a "real" ISIS follower, or a "real" Neo Nazi and not be particularly well read about symbols, name preferences etc. of their respective movements.

Last edited:

We shall see... dont trust the media anymore since they keep calling the German gun killer for Ali, when his first name is David..

No, wrong again. First name Ali, second name Daud - which the media helpfully translated as 'David' to try to make him sound Christian or Jewish.

Second name Daud, properly Islamic. The media have translated this as 'David' - at the behest of the German authorities?

I am surprised at the rabid Islamophobia on display in this thread. It seems some people are so filled with hatred for Islam that they willfully confuse attacker and victim. The real victims in this incident are the men the Catholic Church provoked to the point they finally committed this desperate act of self-defense. The constant stress these poor people are subjected to as Muslims among unfriendly, rejecting white Westerners obviously becomes unbearable for some of them.

Imagine how appalled these Muslims in the West must feel, constantly being exposed to alcohol, pork, nude and indecent images, and the sight of homosexuals parading around openly! Girls may not even wear the hijab in school in France, and the government has formed these special units of killers--the one called RAID, in this case--to hunt Muslims down and kill them. These young men were murdered without ever even having the chance to explain the horrible invalidation they felt--how terrible an owie their inner child had received from having to live as pariahs among hateful, intolerant white people. And in France many of those white people, if not most, are Catholics.

Islam is a religion of peace, tolerant and kindly toward all. Stop the hate NOW.

A masterpiece of sustained irony! It will be amusing to see how many fall into the trap of taking this post seriously.

The attack happened during morning Mass at the historic church, situated in a quiet square of St-Etienne-du-Rouvray.
A nun, who identified herself as Sister Danielle, said she was in the church at the time.
"They forced [Fr Hamel] to his knees. He wanted to defend himself, and that's when the tragedy happened," she told French media.
"They recorded themselves. They did a sort of sermon around the altar, in Arabic. It's a horror".

The attack was videotaped, and possibly uploaded to the Internet, maybe live streamed.
If this is Isis, they'll now use this butchering for recruitment purposes.

France church attack: Priest killed by two 'IS soldiers' - BBC News

Second name Daud, properly Islamic. The media have translated this as 'David' - at the behest of the German authorities?

I think you are right on both points as US police and media have pulled similar stunts. Amazingly, Pete EU bought the entire propaganda package.

I think you are right on both points as US police and media have pulled similar stunts. Amazingly, Pete EU bought the entire propaganda package.

That is not amazing, that is his standard procedure.

No, wrong again. First name Ali, second name Daud - which the media helpfully translated as 'David' to try to make him sound Christian or Jewish.

Either offer corroboration for that or have it dismissed as pure unadulterated BS.

His name was David Ali Sonboly and he preferred to be called Ali. If "David" had either been changed to a more Islamic version or had been any original name (changed or given by parents), it wouldn't have been Daud anyway. That's Arabic, the proper form of and in native Farsi would have been Davood (Dawuhd, Dawood).

Iranians don't give their kids Arabic version names and if you knew anything about general Iranian attitude towards Arabs, this wouldn't need to be explained to you.

Back
Top Bottom