• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Priest killed after attackers chanted Daesh in France. [W: 75]

Re: Priest killed after attackers chanted Daesh in France.

Weak-ass European justice system. They are always soft on Muslims, especially when it comes to deportable offenses. The EU's stupid "Human Rights" rules prohibit deporting foreign nationals convicted of crimes to their homeland if they face danger there, whether it be persecution for something or because their homeland is a war zone. So, these criminals get to stay to cause more crimes.

Another sad fact about this story: The ankle monitor one of these bastards was wearing was allowed to be turned off for a few hours a day. Guess what he did on the day of the murder in those few hours? Yep....he did this.
I read there are many suspects of terrorism in France that wearing this monitor and it's very disturbing because as we saw the authorities can't control or supervise these suspects.

I read there are many suspects of terrorism in France that wearing this monitor and it's very disturbing because as we saw the authorities can't control or supervise these suspects.
What's more, one wonders how much more warning of a man's or kid's potential danger one needs if he's already attempted to make his way to IS twice.

Both attempts foiled, first one being when sent back from Germany where he was caught, second one in Turkey (same story).

Indicted twice but then let go to his parents under "judicial control" ??

What's more, one wonders how much more warning of a man's or kid's potential danger one needs if he's already attempted to make his way to IS twice.

Both attempts foiled, first one being when sent back from Germany where he was caught, second one in Turkey (same story).

Indicted twice but then let go to his parents under "judicial control" ??

He was sweet talking to the judge, saying he wants his life back and get married and they let him out.

He was sweet talking to the judge, saying he wants his life back and get married and they let him out.
Well, I hope that for the future everybody will realize what a bloody stupid idea that was and will be.

Well, I hope that for the future everybody will realize what a bloody stupid idea that was and will be.
How long do you think they should imprison a person that trying to go to Syria?

How long do you think they should imprison a person that trying to go to Syria?
Ever heard of protective custody? In this case not primarily for the protection of the imprisoned although one could raise that as well.

They do it with sex offenders when they've served their sentence and psychiatric evaluation still holds them to represent a peril.

It's what Breivik will have if he survives his sentence.

Ever heard of protective custody? In this case not primarily for the protection of the imprisoned although one could raise that as well.

They do it with sex offenders when they've served their sentence and psychiatric evaluation still holds them to represent a peril.

It's what Breivik will have if he survives his sentence.
yes, I heard about it. The terrorist was 10 months in jail until he released, I'm asking how long they should have him locked in under protective custody ?

yes, I heard about it. The terrorist was 10 months in jail until he released, I'm asking how long they should have him locked in under protective custody ?
I answered it.

I answered it.

You talked about protective custody but you didn't mention how long?

You talked about protective custody but you didn't mention how long?
For however long it takes.

With that I'll now end this before you ask me how long IMO it'll take. Let the authorities, the judiciary, the shrinks, whoever decide that.

For however long it takes.

With that I'll now end this before you ask me how long IMO it'll take. Let the authorities, the judiciary, the shrinks, whoever decide that.
Ok... but you complained about the judiciary that released him couple posts ago and now you are saying the opposite. Never mind.

Ok... but you complained about the judiciary that released him couple posts ago and now you are saying the opposite. Never mind.
You have any problem with my take that the judiciary was wrong? By all means, if that's the case, state your objection.

Pete - I think you've stumbled onto the truth here. They were undoubtedly Presbyterians just pretending to be Islamic Fundamentalists.

Oh stop the arrogant bull****.

All I want is the ****ing truth and as many facts before I start condemning people.. people have many different motivations for their actions and at best these guys were inspired by ISIS. It is amazing that people have not learned their lesson after the German gun man.. where it was "oh another Islamic attack", and despite there being some odd reports on what happened. Now a week later we know that the kid was a very disturbed kid and no radical islamist.

This attack had one major issue with it, and that was the reports that they said Daesh. I have yet to see the Daesh confirmed or discounted, but we still lack a lot of information about the people involved, but more and more come out every day. And to those people who dismis the Daesh comment... pathetic. Understand a true ISIS follower would never use that word to describe the group.

What we do know is that one of them came from a clearly middle class family.. mostly non religious. So what made him suddenly go crazy religious? We also know from several sources that he acted strange for a small period of time, including talking to himself. We also know that he attempted several time to go to Syria, was stopped, and that he openly talked about supporting ISIS. His parents tried to have him arrested. A lot of things were done to stop this guy.

In the end it was the French police and system it seems that dropped the ball. The family and friends had warned the officials about him, and yet there was (as far as we know yet) no mental evaluation and the other measures were not exactly effective. He was under surveillance (supposedly) but that certainly did not work. Of course according to what I understand there are over 10k that are under surveillance for radicalization.

So we have some questions that need answering... very important ones. How could a young teenager go from a normal boy to a radical fanatic within a few months? If we want to prevent these cases in the future, then we need to figure it out. We need to understand why so many of our own citizens are turning to radicalism and willing to commit attacks against their own friends and families. Dont you think that is something the government and people in general need to address?

In the end blaming it on Islam in general is nothing but bull****. All that does is create a fertile recruiting ground for the the radicals... is that what you want? Do you blame all the Irish people and Catholicism for the acts of the IRA?

And I never said that this was not an radical Islamic attack or make excuses for these bastards.. I just questioned if it was linked to ISIS because of the Daesh comment and was still questioning it until ISIS (allegedly) released the video yesterday. I question it less now, but it still bothers me the reports of the Daesh comment, and that it took ISIS so long for the release of the video. They are usually way faster.

All I want is the ****ing truth and as many facts before I start condemning people.. people have many different motivations for their actions and at best these guys were inspired by ISIS. It is amazing that people have not learned their lesson after the German gun man.. where it was "oh another Islamic attack", and despite there being some odd reports on what happened. Now a week later we know that the kid was a very disturbed kid and no radical islamist.

And I never said that this was not an radical Islamic attack or make excuses for these bastards.. I just questioned if it was linked to ISIS because of the Daesh comment and was still questioning it until ISIS (allegedly) released the video yesterday. I question it less now, but it still bothers me the reports of the Daesh comment, and that it took ISIS so long for the release of the video. They are usually way faster.

Yeah.

Well I did not. Go back and read my comments.. I did not say it was not an radical Islamic attack.. in fact I did not comment at all on who I thought was behind it until recently... precisely because jumping to conclusions is dangerous..

Well I did not. Go back and read my comments.. I did not say it was not an radical Islamic attack.. in fact I did not comment at all on who I thought was behind it until recently... precisely because jumping to conclusions is dangerous..

Throughout this entire thread you've been questioning the motivation of the terrorists as being radical Islam. I've just shown how you've compared it with Sonboly as if this Church attack too could be revealed to be "not Islamic terrorism" later on even though there is zero doubt here and even though there is a huge difference between the Sonboly case where no one had any information until it was revealed that the kid is just a psycho. You have an issue in addressing radical Islam as a problem, that's not new you've had it since I've been lurking as a guest-user here back in 2007, since then you've participated in hundreds of threads like this one and in 100% of them it's been the same, statistics don't lie.

Last edited:

Here, it's super easy to say and to believe it.

Radical Islamists/Islamic fundamentalism/Islamic extremism, pick one, whatever you want to call it, is responsible for many heinous acts resulting in death and injury against ordinary civilians all over the world on a daily basis.

I can call it what it is, I don't hate all Muslims and don't attempt to try and suggest that those who aren't fundamentalists can't possibly be "real muslims" or try to dehumanise them all because I live in the real world and understand the vast majority of Muslims reject ISIS and have often themselves been victims of their repulsive acts.

You have any problem with my take that the judiciary was wrong? By all means, if that's the case, state your objection.
No, not at all. I was interested in your opinion about this issue.

Back
Top Bottom