• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President George W. Bush's Center Video on COVID-19

Many Republicans and Trump supporters think Democrats do not deserve the same rights to participate in the same government as them and should be forbidden from making policy. I tried to convey to you and others the idea that treating your political opponents as enemies is a recipe for Civil War. You switched to this line of argument where you try to pin the blame of this acrimony on Democratic Party leaders and then tried to claim that your primary irritation is not Democrats but their "bad" laws. But, if you are a true believer in the system the Framers of the Constitution put in place you will not only not like bad laws, but you will also tolerate them because you understand that in the long-run the process for making group decisions as a country, the process the Founders of our country put in place, will ultimately produce the best outcomes in the long run. And, if there is a law you do not like, you understand that to change the law does not require a revolution, but to work within the system to change it. That is why I avoided discussion of Nixon's price controls. His policies are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. But that's kind of the problem isn't it? Trump supporters like yourself aren't thinking about the grand scheme of things, isn't that right?

Well, it depends on the issue or topic. I did mention in my latest post to which you now respond, that Trump is refusing to comply with requests from Congress to allow his senior aides to testify before Congress. This is in violation of the Constitution as Congress has oversight and investigatory authority over the Executive branch, and with respect to this specific issue, it was determined by previous Supreme Court rulings and rulings of the lower courts in the Federal judiciary. We can also point to Trump's various attempts to obstruct justice as outlined in the Mueller report. We can point to Trump's violations of the Appropriations clause in the Constitution when he decided to fund the building of the wall without authorization from Congress. We can point to Trump's frequent violations of the Emoluments clause in the Constitution. The list goes on.

I think, in general, Trump does not believe in the system the Framers of the Constitution put in place. And people like Hannity and Limbaugh excuse his violations of the law and the Constitution by creating a fake "war" on the "enemy", in this case, Democrats, more important than the Republic itself.

Holy smoke Tonto.

Your opening salvo was like a sucker punch.

Trump appreciates Democrats far more than I appreciate them. I many times outlined my resistance to Democrats. I pulled no punches. Trump pulls his punches.

Some see Congress to aid the citizens. I am in that group. I do not see Congress as needing to daily churn out law upon law which evaluated = control of the people.

We are supposed to do the controlling, not the enclave of Democrats.

Did you vote on ACA? Did you vote on Dodd Frank? Sure we have representatives but it does not include those selling us all out.

I believe the Democrat public deserves a great government. But is that what Nancy and Chuck are devoted to? I say no, both are not.

Trump is actually devoted to a good and sound and devoted to we public than any Democrat is. And their leaders are just god awful.

Trump's Dr. Fauci is soon testifying to the Senate. As to the house, they refuse to discuss why they want him.

As to Trump's aides testifying to congress, do you recall who Eric Holder and Lois Lerner are? Were you leading the parade to get both to testify?

Its a beautiful message. Trump did himself another disservice by attacking Bush for this. But lets not pretend that as bad as Trump is there arent his equal, many on this site, doing the same **** he does daily, some even in this thread lauding Bush's message.

Holy smoke Tonto.

Your opening salvo was like a sucker punch.

Trump appreciates Democrats far more than I appreciate them. I many times outlined my resistance to Democrats. I pulled no punches. Trump pulls his punches.

Some see Congress to aid the citizens. I am in that group. I do not see Congress as needing to daily churn out law upon law which evaluated = control of the people.

We are supposed to do the controlling, not the enclave of Democrats.

Did you vote on ACA? Did you vote on Dodd Frank? Sure we have representatives but it does not include those selling us all out.

I believe the Democrat public deserves a great government. But is that what Nancy and Chuck are devoted to? I say no, both are not.

Trump is actually devoted to a good and sound and devoted to we public than any Democrat is. And their leaders are just god awful.

Trump's Dr. Fauci is soon testifying to the Senate. As to the house, they refuse to discuss why they want him.

As to Trump's aides testifying to congress, do you recall who Eric Holder and Lois Lerner are? Were you leading the parade to get both to testify?

My impression is that Trump supporters do not think Democratic Senators and Democratic Representatives should not be allowed to actually participate in the affairs of Congress, whether it's to vote on bills or participate in committees.

My impression is that Trump supporters think that when the clerk in the House or in the Senate counts the votes for any particular bill, you would be perfectly content if the clerk simply refused to count the votes of Democratic members of Congress.

My impression is that Trump supporters perceive Democrats to be an "enemy" unworthy of participation in the same government.

My impression is that especially as it pertains to Trump, Trump supporters do not think Democratic members of Congress should be allowed to have any sort of investigatory or oversight powers over Trump because the Democratic members of Congress are evil, and are enemies of Trump.

Despite all of your personal disagreement with the policy proposals of Democratic members of Congress, isn't it true that you still think they are not "enemies" and that they are worthy of participation in the same government? Or, do you think as other Trump supporters think, that you think Democratic member of Congress should not be allowed to participate in the governance of our country?

I would have prefered any retort not be aimed at me and be rather words about your own belief system as to why you left the GOP and include Bush in your whys.

It wasn't aimed at you, but rather your post and stated opinion. There's no reason to explain anything to you since you are "virtually 100% certain" as to why I left the GOP behind.

lol

It wasn't aimed at you, but rather your post and stated opinion. There's no reason to explain anything to you since you are "virtually 100% certain" as to why I left the GOP behind.

lol

I will remind posters over and over and this means you are number 1, when I speak as I speak, it is like I pray to god as a teacher all get straight A grades. But knowing human nature as I know it, there will be a very small number of A students and the rest will be distributed down from B to F.

I won't repeat the question posed by me as to why the GOP or Bush can drive a person away to join perhaps the Obama group and since this was ignored, no problem for me.

I will remind posters over and over and this means you are number 1, when I speak as I speak, it is like I pray to god as a teacher all get straight A grades. But knowing human nature as I know it, there will be a very small number of A students and the rest will be distributed down from B to F.

I won't repeat the question posed by me as to why the GOP or Bush can drive a person away to join perhaps the Obama group and since this was ignored, no problem for me.

You never asked a question. You made as asinine assertion.

I am virtually 100 percent positive you left the GOP behind due to the massive hate campaign the media has for him even today. Not due to Bush actually harming you, but when the media reported on Bush, it proved to me and other GOP it was out to divide America. It failed to sway me, seems as if it swayed you. IMO

See that? That's not a question, so don't feel bad because you never made a question to repeat in the first place. Just a presumptuous, partisan, ignorant assertion.

So perhaps when you speak as you speak, you should pray to god that you make a coherent and honest argument.

My impression is that Trump supporters do not think Democratic Senators and Democratic Representatives should not be allowed to actually participate in the affairs of Congress, whether it's to vote on bills or participate in committees.

My impression is that Trump supporters think that when the clerk in the House or in the Senate counts the votes for any particular bill, you would be perfectly content if the clerk simply refused to count the votes of Democratic members of Congress.

My impression is that Trump supporters perceive Democrats to be an "enemy" unworthy of participation in the same government.

My impression is that especially as it pertains to Trump, Trump supporters do not think Democratic members of Congress should be allowed to have any sort of investigatory or oversight powers over Trump because the Democratic members of Congress are evil, and are enemies of Trump.

Despite all of your personal disagreement with the policy proposals of Democratic members of Congress, isn't it true that you still think they are not "enemies" and that they are worthy of participation in the same government? Or, do you think as other Trump supporters think, that you think Democratic member of Congress should not be allowed to participate in the governance of our country?

I shall never attempt to explain all of any group, your groups or the Trump groups.

I consider for instance that my comments are comparable to a university teacher hoping beyond all hope that every student grasps the subject and gets only A grades. Knowing human nature plus the relativity of the minds, I understand some get B grades down to F grades.

Should I be blamed for their minds or perhaps take the lumps for not teaching well?

I used to post super long extensive posts hoping to cure it if it is my problem. Readers were not happy. They like bubble wrapped remarkas. Sound as if one barely understands what time of day it is. I lump most Democrats into the field who barely knows the time of day group.

Are they evil? Definitely not many are. Are they lacking intellect? Most are. It is not their fault since they did not create their own brains.

I spent many years as a strictly devoted to Democrats voter. I was no less intelligent then than today. I was very misguided. I like my Avatar. It tells of a super book all need to read.

Trump does not target Democrat voters, but the media. And if one recalls history, the media has a habit of goading presidents including those currently called great presidents, and to name one, Lincoln who I call the outlaw president. Abe faced the press and jailed them. If Trump jails the press, he will rue the day.

But his hope is 100 years later, the public then will name him a great president, as they finally did to Abe the Outlaw.

You never asked a question. You made as asinine assertion.

See that? That's not a question, so don't feel bad because you never made a question to repeat in the first place. Just a presumptuous, partisan, ignorant assertion.

So perhaps when you speak as you speak, you should pray to god that you make a coherent and honest argument.

Again, you made it extremely personal. My first comment did not blame you at all.

Its a beautiful message. Trump did himself another disservice by attacking Bush for this. But lets not pretend that as bad as Trump is there arent his equal, many on this site, doing the same **** he does daily, some even in this thread lauding Bush's message.

Trump definitely should have no backlash directed at Bush.

lol

You explain why then.

Again, you made it extremely personal. My first comment did not blame you at all.

I didn't make anything personal, I clearly stated that your opinion on the matter was absolute crap, since it is absolute crap. It's not personal, you just made an asinine assertion and pretended to know my thoughts on the manner. You never asked a question as to why I left the GOP during Bush's first term, and given that you're "virtually 100% sure" as to why I did, I find that I need not elucidate the topic. Nothing more than that.

lol

I shall never attempt to explain all of any group, your groups or the Trump groups.

I consider for instance that my comments are comparable to a university teacher hoping beyond all hope that every student grasps the subject and gets only A grades. Knowing human nature plus the relativity of the minds, I understand some get B grades down to F grades.

Should I be blamed for their minds or perhaps take the lumps for not teaching well?

I used to post super long extensive posts hoping to cure it if it is my problem. Readers were not happy. They like bubble wrapped remarkas. Sound as if one barely understands what time of day it is. I lump most Democrats into the field who barely knows the time of day group.

Are they evil? Definitely not many are. Are they lacking intellect? Most are. It is not their fault since they did not create their own brains.

I spent many years as a strictly devoted to Democrats voter. I was no less intelligent then than today. I was very misguided. I like my Avatar. It tells of a super book all need to read.

Trump does not target Democrat voters, but the media. And if one recalls history, the media has a habit of goading presidents including those currently called great presidents, and to name one, Lincoln who I call the outlaw president. Abe faced the press and jailed them. If Trump jails the press, he will rue the day.

But his hope is 100 years later, the public then will name him a great president, as they finally did to Abe the Outlaw.

Why won't you answer the question...

Do you think Democratic party members should be allowed to participate in the governance of our country? Yes or no.

Why won't you answer the question...

Do you think Democratic party members should be allowed to participate in the governance of our country? Yes or no.

I do. I also believe the rattlesnake has it's place on the ranches of America. Certainly let them in.

I didn't make anything personal, I clearly stated that your opinion on the matter was absolute crap, since it is absolute crap. It's not personal, you just made an asinine assertion and pretended to know my thoughts on the manner. You never asked a question as to why I left the GOP during Bush's first term, and given that you're "virtually 100% sure" as to why I did, I find that I need not elucidate the topic. Nothing more than that.

lol

OK, two can play that game. Your own opinion is pure bullcrap piled up higher than any barn. Why did you leave the GOP is what you refuse to explain.

It’s wild that Bush now seems like a well spoken coherent speaker.

Like most politicians, he did much better speaking from a prepared script than he did off the cuff.

Giving a damn before reading lines tends to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom