• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President George W. Bush's Center Video on COVID-19

Little Bush Jr. recognizes covid-19 is a serious issue I see. Pray for him because he thinks prayers can defeat a virus. Too bad he was clueless for the 8 years he was president.

That must be him at 1:18.

Little Bush Jr. recognizes covid-19 is a serious issue I see. Pray for him because he thinks prayers can defeat a virus. Too bad he was clueless for the 8 years he was president.

Go worship your orange scum.

Did Trump fire the import ant people at the pandemic office? Did he gut the operation? NO So stop pretending he did.

IF YOUR TIME IS SHORT
“Fired” may be a little strong, but in 2018, top national security officials handling pandemics left abruptly and were not replaced by the Trump administration.

As for funding, there’s no question that the Trump administration sought to cut key CDC budget categories. But thanks to Congress, that funding was restored and even increased in bills that Trump ultimately signed.
See the sources for this fact-check

PolitiFact | Did Donald Trump fire pandemic officials, defund CDC?

Did Trump fire the import ant people at the pand........

:roll:

Couldn't you have just said "Robertinfremont doesn't like what he hears, so lets talk about something else".

Go worship your orange scum.

Geo.W.Bush wasn't the sharpest knife in the political drawer but compared to Trump and McConnell he is virtually Plato.

Last edited:

An unnecessary attack on a man who's just trying to help.

Former President George W. Bush released a video statement through the George W. Bush Presidential Center.

https://twitter.com/TheBushCenter/status/1256607729151619073

Yeah, this one got to me. Thank you, Mr. President.

A response.

Replying to
@TheBushCenter
and
@TheCallToUnite
I agree with
@kikimelendez
- we need the grown up leaders from both parties to speak out now. Trump is in way over his head and surrounded by sycophants. This is a perilous time with 67,000 dead, and a seeming lack of care for our vulnerable, and a lack of humanity.

Can't you post in a non racist fashion?

giphy.gif

Former President George W. Bush released a video statement through the George W. Bush Presidential Center.

https://twitter.com/TheBushCenter/status/1256607729151619073

Yeah, this one got to me. Thank you, Mr. President.

It's funny. The left absolutely despised Bush when he was president. They ridiculed and derided him every step of the way. How did Bush react? He was very 'presidential'. He didn't fight back. Didn't argue with his critics? The result? He got fricking BURIED in the polls. He did exactly what the left wanted and he got destroyed.

President Trump is far too smart to play that game. He knows what entreaties for bi-partisan harmony really mean. The intent is to get conservatives to shut up and agree with the left. Leftwingers have NO interest in getting along. Their interests are purely in getting their way. Trump isn't playing. That's why he's polling at his highest level ever, despite the incessant hammering he's gotten from the leftwing media the past five years.

Back to Bush, he's now a hero to the left again, because he's being useful to them in bashing Trump. But I remember well how they despised him.

Is a spray-on tan now a seperate race?

Suppose you were made fun of due to your make up if you call it spray on? Would you like that?

I see his taunts as racism. Pure racism.

It's funny. The left absolutely despised Bush when he was president. They ridiculed and derided him every step of the way. How did Bush react? He was very 'presidential'. He didn't fight back. Didn't argue with his critics? The result? He got fricking BURIED in the polls. He did exactly what the left wanted and he got destroyed.

President Trump is far too smart to play that game. He knows what entreaties for bi-partisan harmony really mean. The intent is to get conservatives to shut up and agree with the left. Leftwingers have NO interest in getting along. Their interests are purely in getting their way. Trump isn't playing. That's why he's polling at his highest level ever, despite the incessant hammering he's gotten from the leftwing media the past five years.

Back to Bush, he's now a hero to the left again, because he's being useful to them in bashing Trump. But I remember well how they despised him.

That is totally right and Trump understands how to win. And he will remain president. As Bush stuck it out for two terms.

Suppose you were made fun of due to your make up if you call it spray on? Would you like that?

I see his taunts as racism. Pure racism.

They aren't racist, despite what you may believe. Markup or a spray-on tan doesn't constitute a separate race.

These are the facts of the matter on skin color and race,

One of the peculiarities of American discussion about race is that skin color is assumed to be synonymous with racial distinctions. That is, skin color is not just a trait, but it is the trait which defines between population differences. There’s a reason for this, the skin is the largest organ and it is very salient. Populations with little phylogenetic relationship to each other, from India to the Pacific to Southeast Asia have been referred to as “black” by lighter-skinned populations. No population is referred to by their neighbors as those “straight hairs,” to my knowledge. But another point in the United States is that historically the black-white dichotomy has dominated our historical narrative to the exclusion of others. (with an asterisk for Native Americans) Though black Americans are an admixed population, which is around 20% European in ancestry with considerable variance (e.g., ~10% of the black American population is more than 50% European by ancestry), white Americans are relatively homogeneously European. Unlike the populations of Latin America admixture did not occur along a continuum, and due to hypodescent there was a categorical binning where black Americans with any visible African ancestry were categorized as non-white (and some with no visible African ancestry!). But the past is not the present. Today Americans of Latin American origin are a larger proportion of the population than black Americans. These groups are often admixed in ancestry, and exhibit a continuum of appearance. The mean proportions of ancestry can also vary from region to region, as evidenced by the recent paper I pointed to earlier this week. While black Americans and white Americans are nearly disjoint in physical appearance, there are Latinos of all phenotypes. Most understand that the quasi-racial status of the Hispanic/Latino category is awkward, and at some point the old paradigm will need to shift. Not only is the United States transitioning to beyond a black-white model but we also now understand the genetics of human pigmentation. The genes which are responsible for most of the variation between human populations in complexion have been identified, including their effect sizes. About half a dozen genes of large effect can explain ~90% of the between population variance. Some of the genes, such as SLC24A5, are so ancestrally informative that sans selection you can ascertain ancestry in mixed populations simply by inspecting its frequency.

Skin color is not race | Discover Magazine

Sigh. You people are bad for the republic.

Geo.W.Bush wasn't the sharpest knife in the political drawer but compared to Trump and McConnell he is virtually Plato.

Are you kidding?

Read these two books about Bush as president/

A General speaks out.jpg

American Soldier by Franks.jpg

Sigh. You people are bad for the republic.

Why did I leave the Democrats?

Why indeed? I grew up believing their nonsense. And it took me until I was 40 to learn the truth. They are sobs. Truly, not you local deluded people, your leadership.

DznVWh2VAAAyhJd

;)

......he's now a hero to the left again, because he's being useful to them in bashing Trump......

How is he "bashing" trump ?

:popcorn2:

It is not the product, it is the insulting that is racist.

Insulting someone isn't automatically racist.

I can be clueless with makeup if I try to do more than my usual basic face, but that isn't racist to notice.

Exactly. Dubya was a terrible President but he was Jefferson compared to the current moron in the White House.

But you have been president, the owner of a baseball team and a person who operated an oil firm when times were very very bad?

Tell us all about your vaunted greatness to make remarks about a president who actually was both smart, wise and a super good leader?

Back
Top Bottom